Start by marking “Igniting Ash” as Want to Read:
Igniting Ash

Igniting Ash

"When the embers of pain transform into passion."

After a terrible start in life, Asher Harris picks himself up and manages to carve out a fairly decent future. Content with living alone in his bookshop, he shies away from relationships and keeps trust to a minimum.
Published August 4th 2015 by Limitless Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Igniting Ash, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Igniting Ash

Start your review of Igniting Ash
✿kawehi.reviews
Aug 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
☆ I received an ARC via StarAngels Reviews & Promo Stars Services in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!! ☆

3.75 stars!!

A childhood connection transcending to the forefront many years later.

I've always loved and admired these types of reads and will without fail, be lining up for another young to adult lovers romance.

While I did like the read in general, one thing that drives me up the wall is reading books in third person. It is a tactful ploy I feel is best used in narrating events while not divulging characters' guts a☆
3.75
Janet
Jun 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
* beta reader*

I totally loved Ashers' story .. one kind act long ago changed his whole outlook ...

Emma Carnes hasn’t seen Asher in years, though she’s never forgotten him. Their one interaction as teenagers became pivotal to them both. It gave her a career.

I
Risbee
Jun 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Loved Asher and Emma and their story so much **puffy heart eyes**

Better review to come after I gather my thoughts.
Coco.V
Mar 02, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (6/7/2019)! 🎁
Lily (Hopelessly Devoted 2 Books) Wallis
★★★★ 1/2
Asher is one seriously complicated character, whenever something is said or done it's a toss up between how he's going to react to it, he is quite possibly one of the most complex characters I have come across so far... And the best bit? It just makes him even more lovable! Emma is a strong female character, I honestly can't imagine many people would put up with Asher and his many walls, and seeing as Asher is so lovable this just makes me like Emma all the more! Gabe is another ch
Kelly
Aug 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the story of Asher and Emma. The story was compelling. I also enjoyed the relationships that were developed throughout the story.
Mignon Mykel
Aug 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Received a review copy through Tasty Book Tours in exchange for an honest review.

One of the first things I noticed when beginning IGNITING ASH was that each chapter starts with a character's name -- Asher or Emma. That typically goes on to mean the chapter will be told in that person's voice, in first person. At least, this is how it's typically done.

Not so with IGNITING ASH. While yes, that chapter is done in the voice of that particular character, it is also done in thi
Mel (Reviews In A Pinch)
Aug 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: blog-tour
Full Disclosure: I received a copy of this book as part of the Book Blast with Tasty Book Tours, in exchange for an honest review.

My Thoughts: Has someone changed your life with one small moment that was seemingly insignificant to them, but meant the world to you? That hasn’t happened to me, but I can definitely romanticize the idea. The description for Igniting Ash hooked me right away and I’m not usually much of a “romance” reader, especially if it looks like it’s heading into erot
Laura Greenwood

Genre: Romance, Contemporary
Release Date: 4th August 2015
Challenges: 2015 New Release Challenge, COYER Scavenger Hunt
Links: Goodreads - Amazon

Asher struggled growing up, and has been left permanently scarred by his past. But one act of kindness from a girl named Emma changed his life forever. 10 years on and when neither of them expect it, Asher and Emma meet again, and something sparks betw
Leila Tualla
Aug 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Igniting Ash is a story about overcoming our past, accepting the scars that stay with us and realizing that a little light and love into our
darkness saves us.

The book starts with a simple kind act that Emma bestows on Asher. An act that we would learn later, changed his life. Asher’s story moved me. I could feel his suffering, his defeat, his complete distrust of people and knew that he knew every wounds by name. Where he was the dark, Emma is the light. She gives him a little ray of hope ever
Jannie Lund
Jun 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Asher Harris grabbed me by the throat and heart from page one. That’s how M.A. Stacie writes her characters. You love them, let them frustrate you, and you invest your feelings in them to a degree where putting the book down is extremely difficult. Dinnertime? Not now. I’m reading.

”Igniting Ash” is a beautiful story of overcoming, the power of love, and the courage to fight for what you want. The strength of the characters is inspiring, and let’s face it -- Asher is just damn hot. Smooth, cocky
Johanna Sawyer
Aug 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Thanks to the author for a copy to read and review.

"His hand trembled as he pushed her key into his padlock. It fit perfectly. Two halves of a whole. She stared to cry. They were the happiest tears she’d ever shed."

I'm stumped by this beautifully written story! Pivotal and inspiring just remember to lend a hand to those who need it because you'll never know when it will come back with love. Asher and Emma made a beautiful love story that tested the limits on time and trag
Jo
Sep 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes, I receive a request to review a book, from an author I haven't come across, and the blurb is intriguing,so I agree. And then the book turns out to be so much better than I was expecting. This was one of those books.

From the outset really, this was a book which totally drew me in. Characters who were flawed, but likeable. A storyline which kept my attention. But the best thing about this book, for me at least, was the development of the relationship between Emma and Ash. Equally stubb
Julie Gustafson-Monk
Aug 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Received this in exchange for an honest review on behalf of 2 Girls Who Love Books Blog! ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

What a beautiful story of Asher and Emma. Asher had hit a rough spot in life, Emma was there for him when no one else cared.

Years later they happen to run into each other again. Asher now owns a bookstore that holds the book Emma has been looking for for her father's birthday.
Little did they know it would spark a complicated relationship/friendship. Call it fate o
Celine
Aug 18, 2015 rated it it was ok
The way the story was told (even at 30%) was too vague for me to enjoy. There wasn't enough details as the story progressed, like what Emma did for a living or what course did she graduated from. All it said was she a volunteer at the shelter for abused kids. Sometimes, its ok to hint at something that is going to be revealed at some point but just to insinuate at something and to let the reader assume whatever is just frustrating. This is just me wanting details to complete the pictures in my h ...more
katherine
Aug 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What and emotional ride this one was but I loved every minute of it. Ash's character endeared himself to me right from the start he kept you wanting good things for him to the end. When Emma re-enters his life, it turns his world on end but in such a good way. She just needs to convince him of that. A wonderful read, you won't be disappointed.
Kerry Richardson
Aug 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a good book. The characters of Asher and Emma were very strong and they were great together. The story was emotive and hard hitting and was well written apart from quite a few grammatical errors and mistakes.
Aug 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 stars is not enough for me!
Sassy Moms Say Read Romance
Aug 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sarah-s-reviews
TO READ THIS REVIEW PLEASE GO TO THE SASSY MOMS SAY READ ROMANCE BLOG... LINK BELOW

Robyn Cook
May 05, 2018
ELIZABETH LEWIS
Jun 28, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

• Crossing Roman (Genoa Mafia, #1)
  • The Sawyer Brothers Series: Books 1 - 4
  • Other Side of Beautiful
  • Cross Stroke (On the Edge, #1)
  • The Dangerous Gift
  • Just One Chance (Oh Tequila, #1)
  • Starting Over (Starting Over, #1)
  • Jackson's Destiny (Sawyer Brothers, #2)
  • Noah's Journey (Sawyer Brothers, #3)
  • Kyler
  • The Wrong Mr. Right (Second Chance Summer Book 2)
  • Broken Love (Love Stings, #1)
  • Lead Security (Rogue Security and Investigation, #3)
  • Blood & Lies (A Twisted Duet, #1)
  • Mason (Kincaid Security & Investigations Book 3)
  • Ryan's Love (Sawyer Brothers, #1)
  • Viktor (Kincaid Security & Investigations Book 2)
  • Play With Me (Diamond In The Rough #1)
M. A. Stacie is never without a book or her eReader. A voracious reader, with a love of sexy, yet angst ridden novels, she loves getting lost in new worlds. Her need to write did not grip her until after her second son was born, when her previous rambles became fully fledged stories.

She describes herself as one huge contradiction, and though not the most conventional of hobbies, she co