Start by marking “Singularity” as Want to Read:
Singularity

Singularity

Jessica B. Bell is not real.
A couple of years ago I started writing horror stories and Jessica was born. I had fun creating a twisted and ominous biography for her, painting a picture of some crazy hermit who lived in my basement and wrote stories on old parchment using her own blood for ink.
But she was never real.
------
An unspeakable act of violence leaves the residents o
Published August 1st 2015 by Dilettante Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Singularity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Singularity

Gretchen
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
To say that this book explored every deepest, darkest fear and nightmare of mine would be an understatement. The creepy feeling that Helena Hann-Basquait and her co-authors took a glimpse into the deepest recesses of my mind and wrote a book that was tailored to my neurosis is unsettling and unnerving. Of course, they didn't look into my mind. But each story that unfolded in this twisted plot had me shivering with recognition and recoiling in fear.

Singularity is a bone chilling glimpse into the
Sarina
Jun 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Anyone who knows me, will know that when I love an author it is hard for me to contain my enthusiasm when they start a new project. Helena Hann-Basquiat is one of these authors. Okay to be honest Helena is a pen name used by the author, as is the pen Jessica B Bell.
So, when he announced the new project “Singularity” I wholeheartedly supported the project in whichever way I could. Hence you will find my name in the acknowledgments section of the book. There you go full cards on the table, I will
Lisa
Jun 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
When Helena Hann-Basquiat asked if anyone would be interested in reading an advanced copy of Singularity I jumped at the opportunity, despite the fact that I have limited time to read/write/think/create this summer. Why? Because I love the way these collaborators work, and the beauty of their words even when they write terrifying or horrific things. Reading one of the Jessica B. Bell stories is like taking a journey into the deepest, darkest secrets of your own mind--the place where sex, violenc ...more
Andra Watkins
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Such a creative premise. In a world where everything goes by formula, Singularity is a refreshing (and horrifying) departure from formula. These writers worked together to weave a psychotic tale with characters who will haunt your nightmares. If you seek an unpredictable, creepy reading journey, this book is definitely a must read.
Lisa
Jul 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The subject matter of Singularity is not my usual cup of tea.

It’s nothing at all like tea. It’s more like you want a nice cup of tea, but the only thing available to drink is vodka. So you drink the vodka, expecting to feel fire as it washes over your palate and burns its way to your stomach…

But instead it’s good. It’s very good.

I entered my reading of Singularity expecting horror. And horror was delivered, make no mistake. But this is not the stuff of scary movies. This type of horror is…real.
Lindsay
Jul 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
When I was given the chance to read Singularity before the release date, I jumped at the opportunity. I cannot pass up reading anything. I was not dissappointed with this book in the least.

It opens up with a quote from the Velveteen Rabbit,a book most of us have read as children. From that moment you are left guessing about what is real and what is not real. Remember fight club? To me, this was like a whole new version. You will keep guessing all the way to the end, and then still think about i
Freya McMillan
Jul 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
if you want suspense, if you want horror, if you want mystery, if you want to scratch your head and wonder how on earth did this fantastic collaborative novel get to read as if only one person put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard!), then this is the book for you. If you're a fan of Helena's previous work, both as a singular writer, or her prior collaboration in the form of Jessica, then it'll feel like you're meeting an old friend again. Even if that old friend does scare the bejeezus out of ...more
Matt Blashill
Aug 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Wonderfully crafted. This is a very fast read of stories within stories that grab you and take you on a journey of character development. While there were some typos, which is common in all publications, they weren't distracting from the plot or pacing of the book and were never enough to take me out of the world of Jessica... It's a frightening place that is tempting to want to visit at the same time. It skirts the boundaries of what is possible and makes you want to believe in the power of the ...more
Kitt O'Malley
Sep 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love everything by H.K. Abell who writes as Helena Hann-Basquiat & Jessica B. Bell. Singularity is both a novel and a collection of short stories. It is beautifully crafted and artfully woven. Read it. Read everything you can get your hands or eyes on that has been written by H.K. Abell/Helena Hann-Basquiat/Jessica B. Bell and their talented collaborators. You will not be disappointed.
Nina Falkestav