Start by marking “Nobody's Pawn (Never Veil, #3)” as Want to Read:
Nobody's Pawn (Never Veil, #3)

Nobody's Pawn

(Never Veil #3)

Men can love, but they can also hate. Noll knows too well that the men in her village have adjusted poorly to the freedom of their hearts, but she hopes to bring peace back to her community. With the lord’s return, Noll feels confident that together, they can work to settle down the villagers, but in his rebirth, he remembers only one thing about her: that she caused the c ...more
Published October 25th 2016 by Patchwork Press

To ask other readers questions about Nobody's Pawn, please sign up.
Amy McNulty I don't have a confirmed date right now, but I will update the GR page and make an announcement as soon as I do! Thank you for your interest.

Now I hav…more

Now I have a confirmation: October 25, 2016!(less)
Amy McNulty The Never Veil Series is Kindle-exclusive for e-book format, at least for the foreseeable future! Sorry.

Start your review of Nobody's Pawn (Never Veil, #3)
Isabel
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I just have to say that. What an absolutely great ending to this book. i even think I shed a tear. (i did)
Amy's writing has gotten better I would say, it has never been bad but this book has a great flow to it and I felt like speeding the pages.
And more Aillil this book. That makes my heart flutter a bit, I think.
 photo bbbbbbbbnnn_zpsomjatwfm.gif
Noll will be one of my favourite persons ever. I am a bit sad that I will never hear from Noll again but that is the wonder with books isnt it? I can just see her future for
Pallavi Sareen
Oct 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
It makes me so happy to finally come at the conclusion of this book. This trilogy was a combination of ups and downs for me but this book is definitely an UP. I adore how the characters have grown and the story matured. This is the last book, so everything is out in the open now, all the secrets exposed, all mysteries explained. And I like how towards the end it turns into a power struggle among the men and women, to find who's stronger or better. Plus, the cliffhanger in the last book really ha ...more
Maggie [storme reads a lot]
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*sobs* It's over. I will be posting a review super soon though. ♡♡♡
Annelise Lestrange
Review originally posted on The Book Adventures of Annelise Lestrange :)

I received this copy from the author in exchange for an honest review. Let's go :D

The Story

If Noll thought things were bad with the curse, she had to admit that without the curse, they downward tragic. With Jaron’s poor leadership, the men in the village were completely rebellious and deep into existential crisis. Now that the parties slowed down and they realized that being free wasn’t just about the good stuff, most men we
Kaitlynne
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So these days it seems like the only time I get to read is late at night when everyone else is asleep, and even that's pretty iffy. Two part time jobs, two online classes and, well, all the other things I have to do... well let's just say I'm not reading as much as I would like.

So this is another one that I started at like 11pm, and didn't stop until I was finished, because I knew if I didn't finish it in one sitting, it would probably never get finished.

I don't ever remember being so confused
Chalyss
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: why, favorites
Yay my review is the first one up. That's cool! Anyhow, I received a free e-ARC of the book from the author in exchange for an honest review. That being said I probably shouldn't have gone from McNulty book to McNulty book.

This book was like a 4th of July moment. Fireworks exploding everywhere. I just wasn't sure where the next one would go off, what shape or color it would be, or if I'd still be reeling from the last one before the next goes off. Let's start with the firecracker that is our be
Kirsty (Amethyst Bookwyrm)
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, review
Nobody’s Pawn is the good final book in this trilogy and it is still fast paced and I did not want to put the book down. I really liked the slow burn romance, the world building and the commentary about gender roles. It answered all of the questions I had from the previous books and I did not predict where the story was going at all.

Noll has really matured in this story as she is more forgiving than before while also willing to step up to responsibility of people’s expectations of her as well s
Jessica Rodrigues
I am quite bummed that the series is over, but I feel satisfied with the conclusion.

The thing I liked most about this trilogy was that each book was distinct from the others, but still carried over the plots from the previous books. Noll is different, too. She's no longer a moody little girl moping because a boy doesn't like her -- she's a tough chick with some big problems, the worst of which is the mysterious "them" beyond the mountains who seem to be pulling all the strings.

Despite the many w
Michaela
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have so many emotions about this, because I loved this whole series! It's one of those stories that stay with you. It was as if life was breathed into the characters through these pages. Following Noll, in what starts out as her selfish desire to change the status quo of her village. A foolhardy disaster that she had a hand in and desperately tries to fix, and her journey along with the entire village on the complexities of love. There was never a dull moment as Noll, Aillil and company find a ...more
Irina
God I can't believe it's over...This wonderful trilogy it's over!
I can't begin to explain how amazing these books are. They have everything a good book should have: world-building, strong characters, interesting plot, character development, plot twists, EVERYTHING!
I loved it, I loved it so much! This is now my new favorite trilogy!
BellaKara
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Excellent conclusion to a great saga. The ending was a little predictable given the title but it was still excellent. I hope she writes spinoff stories for it. It was just too good to end but I loved the ending of it.
Alexandra Bayer
Jul 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
*I received this book for free from Amy McNulty in exchange for an honest review*

Ever since the curse on the men in Noll's village was broken, disaster and destruction ran rampant, resulting in the death of the lord, the one man whom Noll was able to trust, and even love. But now, with the lord's rebirth, he's different - he doesn't remember the time he and Noll spent together; all he remembers is that Noll cursed him, long ago. Now Noll doesn't know who her friends are anymore, and who is ou
Shelby Naylor
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
(possible spoiler alert) I really liked how this one turned out! It starts off right at the end of the first book so it doesn't leave you wandering what happened. I like the fact that the book won't let Noll travel back in time any more. Unfortunately it leads to some awful things happening but it really secures her actions and I think it makes her a more mature character because of it. Super excited to see what the next book brings! ( I received this book in exchange for an honest review.)
Minke
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm sad the series is over but I loved this book and felt that it was a perfect ending to the series. I love how this book finally shows you the mysterious 'they' that really controls the village and how you learn more about 'what' the villagers are and how special Noll really is. All in all a great book and great series!
Ariana Velasquez
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Was a very lovely way to end the series! I enjoyed how the action was intensified and the plot twists were extremely unexpected! I am glad to be a part of Noll's journey!
Kira Brighton
*Received free e-copy via YASH*

While this book does have a proper arc and adds to the world in a lot of ways, it still feels like it lacks the purpose and focus of the first book. I think that one was better crafted and might actually have been best as a standalone.
Daiz
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
NOBODY'S PAWN WAS JUST SUCH A SATISFYING CONCLUSION TO THE NEVER VEIL SERIES! AND IT JUST COMPLETELY CEMENTED MY LOVE FOR THE SERIES!

I'm not even sure what I can say that isn't just spoilers and gushing about it. How do you review the ending to one of your favourite series? I've been so invested in these characters, in this story and Amy McNulty has so quickly become one of my favourite authors. I was expecting an epic conclusion and it was, in so many more ways than I could have imagined.

As the
Kalli Bunch
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Noll's story continues in this book. She has discovered her own role in the Curse that plagues their village, and she is determined to make amends the best way she can. This story only gets better and better. Amy McNulty has a writing style that I've found refreshing and unique. Not all of her books have a happily ever after. I love it!
Elissa Ketterer
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Book of Adam and Jo: an Interracial Literary Romance
  • Halcyon: an Interracial Contemporary Romance
  • My Wife's Baby
  • Fallen King (Court of the Sea Fae, #2)
  • Demon's War : Retribution (Demons United MC #2)
  • Song of the Current (Song of the Current, #1)
  • Illusions of Fate
  • The Midnight Sea (The Fourth Element, #1)
  • The Queen of Cursed Things (Serpents and Kings, #1)
  • Broken (Surrender Book 1)
  • Song of Blood & Stone (Earthsinger Chronicles, #1)
  • Love's Journey: Makaila's Story
  • When Art Rises (Living in Cin, #1)
  • Beautiful Chaos
  • Dark of the West (Glass Alliance, #1)
  • Storm from the East (Glass Alliance, #2)
  • An Affair of Poisons
  • The Game of Love and Death
Amy McNulty is an editor and author of books that run the gamut from YA speculative fiction to contemporary romance. A lifelong fiction fanatic, she fangirls over books, anime, manga, comics, movies, games, and TV shows from her home state of Wisconsin. When not reviewing anime professionally or editing her clients’ novels, she’s busy fulfilling her dream by crafting fantastical worlds of her own.

Never Veil (3 books)
  • Nobody's Goddess (Never Veil, #1)
  • Nobody's Lady (Never Veil, #2)