Start by marking “Finding Lyla (The Bodyguards of L.A. County, #10)” as Want to Read:
Finding Lyla (The Bodyguards of L.A. County, #10)

Finding Lyla

(The Bodyguards of L.A. County #10)

Principal Dancer Lyla Markovik-Avery is always on the go. Grueling practices and endless performances rule her busy days—and things are about to get more hectic. Russia is rolling out the red carpet for their beloved star, despite the string of violent terrorist attacks that have rocked the nation.

Bodyguard Collin Michaels’ life is falling apart. His long-time relationshi
Published January 12th 2016 by Cate Beauman

To ask other readers questions about Finding Lyla, please sign up.
Cate Beauman Hi Linda! Finding Lyla is the story of ballerina Lyla Markovik-Avery and bodyguard Collin Michael. I'm so excited to share their story with you soon!

~…more

~Cate(less)

Start your review of Finding Lyla (The Bodyguards of L.A. County, #10)
Sherry Fundin
Finding Lyla by Cate Beauman is the tenth book in the LA Bodyguard series and I have been lovin’ each and every one. It’s good to be back with the gang and watch as two characters find each other, adding to the Bodyguard family.

The men may be strong, but so are the women, each with their individual personalities that makes for a new storyline and romance that slowly develops, filled with difficulty. If it isn’t their own need to protect themselves, it is a bad guy trying to make their life hell.
Kate
This was one long arsed book and from those that I have read of the series so far it was my least favourite. I love how Ms. Beauman can take current events and truly make it in to a kick arse story. But the kick arse story didn’t help it along in any way whatsoever. 3 3 'barely, existing’ stars

Although saying that though (yes, I know that is a nice word for but) my eyes hurt from the last two books. I eye rolled a lot in this book. Too much for that matter. I don’t mind if there are moments of
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
I really wanted to like this one. The blurb really sold it for me. I one clicked and dove right in. Now, it might be because lately I've read a lot of insta-love books but this one had a really slow start. It took well into the 38% for anything romantic to happen between them. For a while I forgot that I was reading a romance because I saw zero chemistry between them.

I get that she was his charge and as a bodyguard there had to be some distance between them at first, but this started off so pla
Maureen
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, favourite
After reading a view two star reads, I was in a desperate need for a good read. And since I had a Cate Beauman book standing on my TBR, I knew this was the book I needed to read next since Cate’s books always make me feel better.

‘Finding Lyla’ definitely didn’t disappoint. This is already the tenth book in the Bodyguards of L.A. county series and I can tell you right now it’s one of my favorites. In this book we meet ballet dancer Lyla Markovik-Avery. Lyla is the daughter of ballet legend Mira M
~Mindy Lynn~
FREE ON AMAZON TODAY! 7/29/17
Debbie Oxier
Oct 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a very well written romantic suspense. The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the Russian setting. However, it was necessary given the premise of the story. Lyla Markovik-Avery was a prima ballerina with the Manhattan Ballet. Her father was the American ambassador to Russia. Her mother, Mina Markovik, was also a prima ballerina and died giving birth to Lyla. When the book opens there's been some political unrest in Russia and Lyla's father wants her to postpone her visit home. He's con ...more
Ally.Always.Reads
Jan 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
I felt like it lacked some suspense compared to the other books but it was still pretty good.
Coco.V
Aug 16, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
Free on Amazon today (8/16/2017)!
Dhivya Balaji
Mar 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
FIRST IMPRESSION:

Since I had already read 3 books from this series, the 'First Impression' was sort of non existent for this book. What I did expect, though, was a book mainly focusing on a troubled but powerful female protagonist and a knight in shining armor who both refuse to acknowledge the affection they feel for each other. Amidst high on adrenaline chases and near death moments. This book did not disappoint me in the least.

REVIEW:

The book starts with an emotional and touching chapter. Dip
Shelle Perry
Mar 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The daughter of Russia’s favorite Prima Ballerina and an American Diplomat Lyla often finds herself caught between the expectations of others and what she wants for herself, but never never dares to even think about.

US/Russia relations are in the news on the constant and that makes great canvas for this story. Lyla is constantly being torn between making it alright for everyone else and keeping her own sanity. She allows herself to be talked into performing in Moscow, despite her father trying t
Patricia's Book Kingdom
I really love this series and until now I liked, and in some cases loved, the books in The Bodyguards of L.A. County series. That is why it saddens me to say I was not a big fan of this one. I just didn't connect to either of the main characters and found that their romance wasn't very believable. It felt a little forced to be honest.

Lyla Markovik is daughter of US Ambassador and a famous ballet dancer Mira Markovik who has died giving birth to Lyla. Lyla has followed in Mira's footsteps and
Reen
Apr 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Lyla is the daughter of Russia's prima ballerina and an American Diplomat. Her mother died shortly after she was born and she was always touted as "Russia's princess" as a successor to her mother the Queen of ballet. US-Russia relations are tense and Lyla is constantly being used as a pawn for everyone else's agenda and never thinks about what she truly wants. Lyla's father hires Collin Michaels to act as Lyla's boyfriend to protect her and he ends up falling for her. When terrorists strike, Col ...more
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
Good romantic suspense; can be read out of order; more review to be posted on the blog The Book Disciple ...more
Jo-Anne
Aug 25, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Russian ballerina, Mira Markovik was married to the US Ambassador to Russia, Jonathan Avery. Mira was a famous prima ballerina who died giving birth to Lyla. We jump 25 years later where Lyla was now a prima ballerina with the Manhattan Ballet. Because of whom her parents were many expectations were put upon Layla. One of which was to visit Russia. Because of the political unrest at the time, her father was concerned with her safety and wanted her to postpone her trip. Lyla felt the people of Ru ...more
Whispers From
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

Ok here I go. This might be short because I don’t want to give anything away. Heart pounding, pulse racing suspense.
Lyla is a famous ballerina. She’s beautiful, sweet, and generous. Her father is the Ambassador for Russia. She was born in Russia but her mother, who was a famous ballerina, died in childbirth. She always goes after the new year but her father wants her to cancel due to bombings nearby. She tells a reporter that she’s going and performing her mother’s dance.
Collin is form
Debra Cohen
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The author brings in today’s real issues of what dancers go through every day including the environment that someone is always wanted your place. She shows that men have a tough time with breakups and that politics and revenge are very alive in this world. She has an amazing ability to bring all these emotions together to write a nook that keeps you reading page after page to see love is what makes this all worth it.
Linda Carroll-Bradd
The details about ballet seemed well-researched, and both characters had good motivations for carrying out a fake relationship. The beginning of the very long novel moved well and kept my attention. But the suspense totally disappeared and the plot dragged when the couple arrived in Alaska, and Lyla and Collin spent several calm, peaceful days with the frontier family.
Elizabeth
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good story

This is the first I've read in this series and I liked it. Start with a Russian-American ballerina, throw in diplomats, bodyguards, rebels and intrigue and you have a story that goes from New York to Moscow with a few places inbetween.
It's well written and I loved the main character Lila.
Excellent stuff.
Dorothy Zeason
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ballerinas, Bodyguards & Bombs

One princess ballerina plus bodyguard adds up to intrigue, danger, and love. Once you start, it's difficult to put down. I love the way Cate Beauman wraps it all together. A great read!
Cindy Heining
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love this series. Lyla had me laughing, crying, and yelling at the story. I kept waiting for the shoe to drop knowing it would come, even so I was taken back the way it happened. This was a wonderful suspense/romance novel.
Jana Gundy
Oct 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
More romance than suspense

This was my first book to read in this series but it is a stand alone. I loved the two characters, they were normal and relatable. Collin had a stupid moment but there wasn’t very much drama or angst.
Jodi
Nov 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Although I enjoy Cate Beauman and love this series, this book didn't quite measure up. Moved somewhat slow and was longer than necessary. That being said, I am looking forward to reading Deceiving Bella.
maris corush
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Interesting characters in international setting

What starts out as a story of a ballerina known internationally becomes a thriller involving Russian intrigue- kind of like current events in 2018. A suspenseful read with a happy ending!
Barbara R. Cady
May 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!!! Great book!!

I like this author very much. This book did not disappoint. Packed full of action, lots of emotions, and great characters, it was hard to put down at night to sleep! Looking forward to the next in this series. Well done!!💖
Grace Stephens Sr.
Couldn't put it down.

Enjoyed the variety of characters and the different locations. I felt like I was part of the action. Can't wait to read another Cate Beauman book.
Rose Boniello
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Long book

Well written, interesting story. Two very likable people who fall in love. Story moves from NYC to Russia to LA. Well paced.
Jo
Sep 08, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
The plot didn't start off too badly, but as it neared the end it got eye-rollingly ridiculous. I'm pretty sure I lost brain cells trying to finish the last pages.
June McDermid
Very good

I really enjoyed this book, plus it was free. Kayla was a troubled girl who became a lovely ballerina and found love.
Renee Barta
Sep 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting story

Enjoy this easy read, glad for a happy ending, hard to put down, recommend if you like a special love story.
Glenda Bettin
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
what an awesome book, love those 2 together

• Her Sanctuary (Her, #1)
  • Adam (Farraday Country, #1)
  • The Wedding Trap (Second Service, #1)
  • Flowers on Her Grave (Detective Katie Scott, #3)
  • Chasing Luck (Serendipity, #1)
  • The Sheriff Catches a Bride (The Cowboys of Chance Creek, #5)
  • Forever Entangled (Forever Bluegrass, #1)
  • Set the Night on Fire (Jupiter Point, #1)
  • Men of Inked, Volume 1 (Men of Inked, #1-3)
  • Hot SEAL (HOT SEAL Team #1)
  • Prime Minister (Frisky Beavers, #1)
  • Burn You Twice
  • Ignited (Titanium Security, #1)
  • Thrust (The Alpha Escort Series, #1)
  • Her Fierce SEAL (Midnight Delta, #5)
  • Funeral for a Friend (Jonathan Stride #10)
  • Nixon's Promise (Gemini Group #1)
  • Uncover Me (Men of Inked, #4)
Cate Beauman is the multi-award-winning, international bestselling author of The Bodyguards
of L.A. County series and the Carter Island Novels. She is known for her full-length, action-packed romantic suspense and contemporary stories.

Cate's novels have been named Readers' Favorite Five Star books and have won the Booksellers' Best Award, Maggie Award for Excellence, the Holt Medallion Award, two-t

The Bodyguards of L.A. County (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Morgan's Hunter (The Bodyguards Of L.A. County, #1)
  • Falling For Sarah (The Bodyguards Of L.A. County, #2)
  • Hailey's Truth (The Bodyguards Of L.A. County, #3)
  • Forever Alexa (The Bodyguards Of L.A. County, #4)
  • Waiting For Wren (The Bodyguards Of L.A. County, #5)
  • Justice For Abby (The Bodyguards Of L.A. County #6)
  • Saving Sophie (The Bodyguards of L.A. County, #7)
  • Reagan's Redemption (The Bodyguards of L.A. County, #8)
  • Answers For Julie (The Bodyguards of L.A. County #9)
  • Deceiving Bella (The Bodyguards Of L.A. County, #11)

News & Interviews

“Jonathan’s heart raced as the steady rhythm of the machines tracking his wife’s vitals filled the operating suite. “Hold me tighter,” Mina whispered as she stared up at him and nervously licked her dry lips. “You’re” 0 likes