Start by marking “Legacy of Greyladies (Greyladies #3)” as Want to Read:
Legacy of Greyladies (Greyladies #3)

Legacy of Greyladies

(Greyladies #3)

Wiltshire, December 1915. Widow Olivia Harbury has been persuaded by her cousin Donald to live with him and his wife, but tensions soon rise between the pair. Then, much to Donalds disapproval, Olivia becomes involved in starting a new Womens Institute.

Published June 18th 2015 by Allison & Busby

To ask other readers questions about Legacy of Greyladies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Legacy of Greyladies

Start your review of Legacy of Greyladies (Greyladies #3)
Leigh
I was worried going into this third and final instalment of the Greyladies series. Books one and two had plot lines that were much too similar and I found it hard to get through. Usually I love Anna Jacobs and it's for that reason that I gave book three a chance. I'm glad I did. For one, in a foreword by the author she mentions her inspiration for the house itself, a place called Avebury Manor. After poking around on the internet I found pictures of this house and it made the fictional ...more
mois reads
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Olivia and Alex

I feel sad to have finished the last of the greyladies trilogy what a fantastic read Olivia and Alex were two very lonely people till they met and as usual a lot of suspense and drama definitely worth 5 STARS .
Suze Lavender
Dec 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It's 1915 and Olivia has lost her husband, he died in the war. She's now looking after the wife of her cousin who can't take care of herself. When her cousin returns unexpectedly because he's wounded Olivia has a problem. She doesn't like him very much and he doesn't treat her well, so she can't wait to leave. Fortunately her life isn't all bad as she has Babs who makes sure she has a social life. Babs introduces her to the Women's Institute and asks Olivia for her help. She also introduces her ...more
Trudie
Sep 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
It took me a little longer to get into this 3rd book in the trilogy as it was a bit slow to begin with. Once the story picked up it was really good. I hope Anna writes more in this series
william shields
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great story line. Enjoy reading this trilogy.
E.A. Harwik
Oct 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Legacy of Greyladies by Anna Jacobs is book three of her Greyladies series. Set during the first European war, the story allows the reader to follow and share the adventures of Olivia Hanbury who pains with past loss while seeking to recover purpose free of masculine exploitation.

On the surface the Greyladies series read very much as expected of Anna Jacobs without a secondary romantic characterization. However, scratch the surface and out pops a subtle twist, which links the books. The
Natalie A
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
As much as I have enjoyed all three books in this trilogy, the stories are all very similar making them a bit predictable.
Some twists and turns along the way to keep you gripped, this book picked up towards the end and I struggled to put it down and then the very ending seemed a bit rushed - a very up and down read that I still enjoyed for most parts.
Kathy
Jul 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Have enjoyed This this series of Anna Jacobs books. She describes the characters so well. More please.
Jun 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kobo-library
Can be read as a standalone, but best read as part of the trilogy. A nice, easy read. I also live locally to where it is set which makes it more interesting.
Ellie
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was ok
Way too similar to all Anna Jacobs' other plots.
LINGLING HE
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
It is the fourth English fiction that I have finished. The book is a bit difficult for me, but I keep reading until finished it.
Anna Ciddor
Dec 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
A gripping read. Listened on audio. Well read by Penelope Freeman.
Fiona Brodie
Jun 05, 2019 rated it really liked it

A chance meeting brings Olivia to Greyladies, an ancient manor house run by Phoebe Latimer, and she feels as though shes finally come home. But someone is attempting to rid Greyladies of the German internees based there. Their cruel tricks put
Ann Shemeld
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another cracking read from this author. It draws the reader in from the start.fantastic continuity from all the Latimer heirs. The characters become your friends, I held my breath with all the twist and turns of this final part of The Greyladies Trilogy. Well done Anna Jacobs.

Another cracking read from the this author. Pulls you in from start to finish. I enjoyed the continuity of the plot with Lady Latimers heirs.
MRS S PUSEY
Mar 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely fabulous as always.

This trilogy was brilliant i loved them all i felt drawn to all the people of the village these books make you feel that you know them all and previous chatelains how they all help one another.How wonderful for Pheobe and Corin having twins boy's perhaps Olivia and Alex will have some girl's then Anna can write a new chapter for Greyladies.I recommend this author to all readers she is amazing.
Ginny
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Ginny by: ginnylaoretti@aol.com
Totally enjoyed all 3 books in the series.
Well..almost totally!
My only 'complaint' (if it can even be called a 'complaint')
would be that the ending of this, the last of the series (maybe NOT?
Would be great if it isn't!!!) is that it felt 'rushed' at the end.
Other than that tho.........WONDERFUL!
Winifred Higham
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
. The main characters come to life along with the house because of the great description. I enjoyed that you met all the chaterlaines again in the epilogue.

I enjoyed it very much , having read all three in the series it was good to end with a pleasant conclusion.
Susan
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant
H P Hardwick
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good read

I chose this book as it was compelling reading needed to know what was coming next. Sad it had finished.
Rowlie
May 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
The final book of the trilogy about the Greyladies home. I have really enjoyed this tale with its twists and turns.
Kim
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant
Lois Barnard
Aug 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Interesting to read this series set during WW1 - learnt a few things about the English culture during this time in history.
margaret a adamsonpenny
Amy-Jean Burns
Jan 16, 2020
mrs ruth mason
Jan 04, 2020

• A Glimpse at Happiness (The Nolan Family #2)
  • Homecoming (Beach View Boarding House/Cliffehaven #18)
  • Perhaps Tomorrow (The Nolan Family #3)
  • Hold on to Hope (The Nolan Family #4)
  • Wartime for the District Nurses (The District Nurse #2)
  • No Cure for Love (The Nolan Family #1)
  • With Hope and Love (Beach View Boarding House/Cliffehaven #17)
  • Snow Angels (Lovely Lane #5)
  • Christmas with the Shipyard Girls (Shipyard Girls #7)
  • The Women of Mulberry Lane (Mulberry Lane #5)
  • The Christmas Wedding (The Village Secrets, Book 1)
  • The Shop Girls of Harpers (Oxford Street #1)
  • The Forsaken Maid's Secret
  • The Velvet Ribbon (Tarabeg #3)
  • The Girl in the Shadows
  • A Precious Gift (Days of the Week #6)
  • The Silent Orphan
  • Lizzie's War (The Workshop Girls #2)
Anna Jacobs has 87 novels published as of April 2019. She writes historical sagas and modern novels alternately, and in the past has written historical romances and fantasy novels (the latter as Shannah Jay).

She's addicted to story-telling and writes three novels a year. You can find a list of books and series on her website at www.annajacobs.com

Anna reads 3 novels a week. Happy reading,

Greyladies (3 books)
  • Heir to Greyladies (Greyladies #1)
  • Mistress of Greyladies (Greyladies #2)

News & Interviews

“me,’ the boy said. ‘They are new scratches,’ a voice with a heavy German accent said from the other side of the entrance” 0 likes