Start by marking “2071 - The World We'll Leave Our Grandchildren” as Want to Read:
2071 - The World We'll Leave Our Grandchildren

2071 - The World We'll Leave Our Grandchildren

How has the climate changed in the past?

How is it changing now?

How do we know?

And what kind of a future do we want to create?
Published 2015 by John Murray

To ask other readers questions about 2071 - The World We'll Leave Our Grandchildren, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 2071 - The World We'll Leave Our Grandchildren

Start your review of 2071 - The World We'll Leave Our Grandchildren
Nathan Terry John Matthews
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Quite possibly the quickest and easiest book I've ever read. But you’ll see why once you open up the book for yourself. The pacing is quick and makes a good starting point to understand climate science at a more basic level. 2071 doesn't bog you down in pages of hard data. Instead there are only a few paragraphs per page, sometimes only just a sentence. It gives the book greater delivery for normally such a depressing topic no one wants to talk or think about.

There are graphs and pictures to loo
Doug
Aug 26, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It is a bit disingenuous and a total misnomer to represent this as a 'play'. What is IS, is a lecture given by scientist and climate change expert Chris Rapley, that has, apparently, been shaped by the playwright Duncan Macmillan. Had I known that, I PROBABLY wouldn't have read it, as it is a fairly dry and technical examination of what SHOULD be a growing concern for all of us. The facts are presented and are very scary indeed - it just isn't quite what I was expecting.
Brock
May 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Provides an overview of the earth's climate system before explaining the process of human-induced climate change in an informed yet easy to understand manner. Rapley's reasoned approach is undeniably accurate and compelling. Clear, thought-provoking and emotive, it can and should be read in one sitting. More people should read this book.
Christopher
Aug 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
One of the most concise and readable pieces about the climate crisis that is logical, frightening, and a bit hopeful. My one issue is that as a piece of writing it is not inherently theatrical.
Karmen
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
reached the end.
AND THEN IT ALL MADE SENSE THAT IT WAS A PLAY.

great ending, i could almost hear it staged.
Denis
Mar 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Jyl
Jul 26, 2017 rated it liked it
A quick and basic introduction of the science of global warming.

Based on fact it reads more like a PowerPoint presentation than a book with 1 to 3 point per page. Some longer sentences, a bit of structure and chapters would have been a plus.

Surely there is some good knowledge here for the people that don't know more about the topics and wants a 1-0-1 class this being said some points could have been developed more.

Sarcastically for a book talking about effort on global warming and climate cha
D.L.
May 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
This can be quickly read in one setting. The layout is scarce - a few paragraphs at most per page, sometimes only one paragraph or one sentence. At the end of the book I understood this to be a play, but the layout does add to the urgency of the message.

Published five years ago now, this is an excellent and critical little book on climate change.
kathryn donovan
The near future doesn’t look too good.
Smita Poojary
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What kind of future do we want to create? An excellent read on climate change describing the changes, cause and impact of this issue.
Alan Fricker
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library
Would appreciate an update for this very clear exposition of some of the science demonstrating the climate breakdown
Benjamin
Feb 04, 2017 rated it liked it
scary stuff. let's save the planet, ya'll
Becca
Jul 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Should be compulsory to read. Without global collaboration there will be a very disappointing and unhealthy future for the generations to come.
ŞULE BİLGİ
Jul 09, 2015 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2071
msaöaşis
Janet
Aug 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is very easy going and very informative .
A book that everyone living on the plant called Earth should read.
James Miller

• No One Is Too Small to Make a Difference
  • The Deep
  • The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty
  • The True History of Paradise
  • Your Fathers, Where Are They? And the Prophets, Do They Live Forever?
  • MONSTER
  • Three Simple Steps: A Map to Success in Business and Life
  • Every Brilliant Thing
  • Tide Running
  • Silence: In the Age of Noise
  • The Adventures of Johnny Bunko: The Last Career Guide You'll Ever Need
  • The Yellow Wall-Paper
  • The Deep End of the Ocean (Cappadora Family, #1)
  • Ikigai: Los secretos de Japón para una vida larga y feliz