Start by marking “The Guardians (Guardians #1)” as Want to Read:
The Guardians (Guardians #1)

The Guardians

(Guardians #1)

Librarian's Note: this is an alternate cover edition

Ass-kicking Guardian, Madelyn Mason, is the only female in a sea of supernatural males. College student by day, she spends her nights fighting for mankind--the innocents, the ones who have no clue that the things of nightmares walk among the living.

Larger than life Hollywood hunk, Brady Devens, has won the hearts of milli
Audible Audio, 7 pages
Published July 28th 2014 (first published August 1st 2007)

Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
The Guardians is book one in the Guardians series by Mandy M. Roth.

The author was offering up many of her titles for free on Authors Direct a while back and I decide to pick up a few in audio to give them a try. I’ve enjoyed Roth in the past and was interested to try out this new series.

The Guardians had it’s good and bad moments. Their where things I enjoyed and others that where odd. It didn’t help that the story felt disjoined and that the relationships between everyone introduced where confu
Hannah
Apr 12, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
......what?

Honestly, I'm actually kind of proud of myself for making it as far into this book as I did. I've read a lot of crappy books--I went through this whole young adult vampire phase that I can't think about without feeling embarrassed--but this book was just as bad, if not worse than angst-filled vampire teen sap. To put my complaints bluntly, there were very few redeeming qualities that I saw in the first third of the book, which was all I could manage to get through. The characters were
Stephaniec
2.5*
This has only be on my TBR pile forever
This had promise, the world was interesting but the story was disjointed and hard to follow. I had to reread some parts again because I thought I missed something or couldn't follow the conversation.
It seemed like everyone had god like powers - which really just bugged me
Jean Smith
Aug 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When fate takes a back seat and the soul chooses…

You ever read a book and you are just saying, “Ok wow! I really like this one”? Then you sit down to write the review and you just can’t think what to put down because you don’t want to give away all the plot and if you go into character analysis you might give away spoilers and the plot? And really when it comes down to it the blurb for this one is really right on. So here is my lame attempt to do what the author already did so well.

In The Guardi
Siris
Jun 17, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Robin
Nov 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story starts out simple enough, a hunky famous movie star, Brady, best friends(and wannabe lover) with Maddy who apparently has some magical powers. The story continues to unfold like the layers of an onion compelling you to keep reading and peeling back the layers of the story.
This first book on the series introduces us to a melting pot of paranormal character. There are vampires, lucans, werewolves,gods and goddesses, demons, sex nymphs, guardians and hybrids of all the above.
There is mor
Ana
Oct 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome, Entertaining Story!

Wow, this story is action packed with rippling muscles and a bunch of very hot and intimidating super naturals of all kinds.

Madelyn is one lucky chick, even if she doesn't think so. She is a Guardian, but she has all the hot Guardians wrapped around her pinky, even a sex nymph and a Vampire! She has no idea the power she wields, literally.

Brady is one very sexy and famous movie star and Mads roommate, but is that all? There is something that keeps pulling her to him,
Kay Clodfelter
Mar 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This book has such a great story, that as you read each page, you learn more and more about each of the charcters that you just love the build-up. I can say I enjoyed how this was written, it unfolds bit by bit, and that part was writing at it's best. I enjoyed the strong female character, and loved how everything flows through out the book. Mandy Roth is becoming a big favorite author of paranormal romance. I recommend it to all paranormal romance with hot Alpha males with steamy hot scenes tha ...more
Robin
Oct 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was gifted a copy of this book by Mandy in exchange for an honest review.

I loved this story. I was eagerly turning pages as the story unfolded. A nice tight story line which was well written and well edited. I find nothing to complain about as I got to know Madelyn, Brady, Hudson, Gabriel and Franco.

I highly recommend this story to all who love shifter, vampires, gods and a goddess. I don't think you will be disappointed by purchasing and reading this story.

I hope there is a book 2 and that th
Michelle Dodd
Sep 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: great-reads
WOW i don't even know what to say this book was freaking amazing i loved it. there was a boat load of emotions in this humour action sex love mandy is an amazing writer this story had vampires gods goddesses werewolves nymphs magic what an amazing book would definitely recommend this book i hope there is a book 2
Shanna
Jul 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was recommended to me by another author I like. This is my first experience with Mandy Roth and I must say, I was not disappointed. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Enough drama and kick-assery to keep me interested without over-doing the love scenes.
Brandi
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was able to finish this story, but that was only through sure will. There was just too much uncertainty and back-and-forth between the H/h. I couldn't grasp the fact that they were meant to be together, it just didn't click for me. I won't be continuing the series.
Debbie
Mar 19, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book had so much promise. I was really hoping that there would be more to this book, but I found the characters cardboardish, the story line landed in the toilet by the end and the writing style made me cringe.

I enjoyed the idea of a famous movie star and a girl becoming involved, because who doesnt like that story line? Roth adds Watchers into the mix, those who keep the human population safe from the big bads, and theyre all supernatural creatures as well! Pretty darn cool.

Brady starts ou
Cheri
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this story from page one. I am partial to feisty women with witty dialogue. Madelyn is as snarky with her internal thoughts as her conversations. She is a lone female Guardian, those who make sure mortals are not taken out by supernaturals. Maddie knows she has magik, and uses it to protect. She also has a great male friend, Brady who is a hot film commodity. He is a lot more, and he means more to her. While she is attracted she doesn't want to ruin their friendship, a friendship that pu ...more
Doris
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Guardians is a fun and entertaining read!
We first meet Madelyn Mason and her friend/room mate Brady on a movie set. We quickly learn that there is much more to Madelyn than meets the eye, she is a Guardian. She is talked with protecting innocent humans from the supernatural world. With everything that she puts up with around her, she really has her hands full!
As the story progresses, we find that all of the people in her life have been placed in key ways that even she wasn't aware of. Now s
Carrie
Jul 17, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: na, pnr, 2015
I wanted to like this. It started out OK. But then it all just fell apart.

By the end, the main character was the Most Super Special Paranormal Ever In The Whole World (tm), because it wasn't enough to just be the only female guardian. I was also really confused by all these sudden powers and why and the mythology - it all just seemed to go off the rails.

I was also really shocked that more wasn't made of her being the only female guardian - surely there would be some push back to that?

Instead it
Pam Louis
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it. Sooooooo much action. I don't like to give the story away so all I will tell you Madelyn Mason is a strong willed kick butt guardian. The story is hot and full of so much action that the author could have made 3 books out of it lol. I loved it and so hope she makes a part 2 and so on! I want to read them all. If you love action and a great story plot with your romance then this book is for you.
Mary Birchfield
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best written series love this author’s work
Skeptigirl
It was entertaining but all I really wanted was toi kill the main character and her lycan harem. Seriously, what annoying wastes of literary space.
Kristi
Sep 15, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
DNF at 70%. Bad on so many levels.
Shayay
Jan 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So, I ended up really enjoying this book. The premise is interesting, unique, and I loved the action scenes. The reason why I say I ended up enjoying the book is because the characters came off rather moronic at times, and I was having a hard time wanting to continue. Also, I listened to the audiobook version of this story, and the narrator was really grating on my nerves. Her voice was really breathy, and added to my thoughts that the female lead was a ditzy bimbo, and at times her voice was a ...more
ZINORA  M. MITCHELL
God's, demi-God's, Guardians,Elders,Vampire, Lycans, oh my!

The beginning was at first confusing and then the story began to unfold, ,relationships developing and complex. Story exciting, characters strong and multi dimensional-their fullness continues to develop. I love the strong, multifaceted maddy. As the evil looms large so the story continues and I am so looking forward to the next adventure. The writing is simple and concise yet amply descriptive. Ms.Roth the Guardian is as good as any in
Evelyn
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Monica
Jan 19, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Oh man I wanted to like this. Blurb sounded good. First part was hard to get past because it was confusing but I pushed on. I just couldn't get behind it. It's different and the rules are different when it comes to mates. Maybe that was my issue. Just didn't like it which is unfortunate. Bummer. I didn't even like the MCs that much and I could care less what happened to them. That's a killer for me. Sorry.
Tammy Krause
It's an ok read.

The story is pretty good, but it just doesn't flow really well. The mc will be in the middle of something and then they're of on a tangent that, while necessary to the story, is not inserted in a way that makes sense. Facets of the story either don't seem to fit or simply feel undeveloped and stilted. I liked the story and feel it was worth the money, but I wouldn't pay more for the next one.
Khrista Baxter
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All to protect mankind

I enjoyed the Guardians immensely! I love books with strong independent woman and Maddy is wickedly strong! She is the daughter of a very strong vampire and a goddess. Maddy was blessed with many gifts and is the strongest guardian around. Maddy's mate is a very sexy lycan king, Brad has great power as well.
Protecting mankind from the evil plaguing it is a full time job.
becca
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this book ☺

I picked this book up on the off chance of it being good and I was happy to find an easy going enjoyable read. It has its twists and turns not forgetting great revelations. The storylines and characters are all well rounded and thought out. Book 2 sounds amazing I can't wait to start reading it 😬.
Stacy
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

Can Mandy M. Roth write a bad book? I don't think so. This book has an amazing group of characters. The plot line is like being on an amazing carnival ride! Will Mads and Brady have the life and love they always wanted? A stunning book. I already bought the 2nd book and can't wait to start it. Enjoy! You will love the book!
Karen Stewart
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it!

I started reading this and I couldn’t put it down! I love all the twists and turns and each one of the characters! You have got to read this , you won’t be disappointed! Now on to the second book in the series! 😁
Belinda Longoria
Interesting story but poor writing

It felt more like the author was trying to cram a bunch of explanation in rather than tell a story. I also found some character actions trite and not believable.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• G.A. Aiken Bundle: The Dragon Who Loved Me, What a Dragon Should Know, & Last Dragon Standing
  • Princess of the Damned
  • Beyond the Sun (Dark Order of the Dragon, #1)
  • Stormy Seduction (Pacific Passion)
  • Blood Bought (Cruentus Dragons, #2)
  • Free Fall (My Immortals #4.5)
  • The Wolf Who Loved Me (Westfield Wolves, #5)
  • Hunted by the Dragon (Captured by a Dragon-Shifter, #4)
  • Taming the Alpha: Over 20 Alpha Male Tales
  • Vaulcron (Enigma #3)
  • Shifting Love (The Foundation, #1)
  • A Very Alpha Christmas
  • Falling For His Mate (Crescent Moon, #6)
  • The Pretend Marriage (Werewolf Romance, #1)
  • Immortal Prey
  • A King's Ransom (Masters of Pleasure, #1)
  • Three Sinful Wishes
  • The Lion's Share (Leashed #3)
NY Times & USA Today Bestselling Author Mandy M. Roth is a self-proclaimed Goonie, loves 80s music and movies and wishes leg warmers would come back into fashion. She also thinks the movie The Breakfast Club should be mandatory viewing for…okay, everyone. When she’s not dancing around her office to the sounds of the 80s, she’s busy writing sexy paranormal operatives. Mandy lives in Oxford, Mis ...more

Guardians (3 books)
  • Crossing Hudson (Guardians, #2)
  • Ruling Jude (Guardians, #3)
“I think it was my saliva that unlocked the desire in you, Mads.” 0 likes