Start by marking “Trust In Me” as Want to Read:
Trust In Me

Trust In Me

Tristan Winter's day takes a turn for the worse when his best employee calls in sick. As the only other technical specialist able to step in on such short notice, he takes over what seems like an average job until he runs into his old crush from high school, Jamie Hunter.

Ten years after a summer fling left him with a broken heart, Tristan now has a different view of life
Published June 15th 2015 by Lori Toland (first published May 3rd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Trust In Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trust In Me

Start your review of Trust In Me
Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.5*

I liked this story it was very sweet, the flashback to the beginning of Tristan and Jamie's 'relationship' gave me a good feel for Tristan, and I understood his animosity towards Jamie after meeting him again 10 yrs later.
I do wish I had maybe seen a bit of their friendship before that day, since Tris says he had known him since he was 8 yrs old, that might have helped me see the quick resolution better, that there was more for them to build on. And of course I don't unders
Ami
Mary
May 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tristan is easy to like and so because you're sucked in right away, you're invested in him by the time he starts to remember his summer, thee summer, when he learned about love and loss. This is a misunderstanding that is unfortunate but not the kind where it feels trite. It's understandable how the two men lost each other because they weren't men when it happened. Both were young, Jamie the golden-boy, the football god, and Tristan the nerd who's tongue-tied over him. Their love has a slow sexy ...more
Crystal Marie
Jun 29, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I personally have always been partial to the “first loves find each other again” stories, and that is what this book is about 100%. So taking that in mind you could guess that I loved this story.

While reading the story, we get to know Tristan and about his past. How his first love left him, without even a note, and he has still been wondering about it 10 years later. What did he do that caused Jamie to leave? Or was it even Tristan himself that caused Jamie to leave.

Wh
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Apr 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, mm, bgirls

3.5 star reviwe by The Blogger Girls.

I enjoyed this sweet story about lost love, reuniting and reigniting that love. I really enjoy stories that recount first times when they are well done. The flashback early on that shows us Tristan’s first time with Jamie back when they were teens was really sweet and sexy. Unfortunately, a giant misunderstanding sends them on completely different paths that don’t cross again until some 10 years later.

This was a quick read, but it covers quite a bit of
Neka Marie
May 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the story of having a second chance with the one who got away. . . And I LOVE stories like that. . . For one thing, we get that beautiful passion and sexual tension TWICE in the story and OMG!! The sexual tension. This book has a scene that goes down as one of my all time favorite sex scenes because the tension that leads up to it was like. . . singe your eyebrows hot. . .

Plus, Tristian's narrative is fun and enjoyable.. . His sarcasm made me laugh out loud in several places. . . And I
A.E. Lawless
Oct 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So it's been well documented that I've got a long list of things that will make me put a book down no matter what and an even longer list of things that will usually turn me off unless a story is really damned well written. First person stories are usually in the latter category. Trust In Me is one of the rare books that made me look past my usual dislike for first person writing. The pacing was excellent, the characters were very likable and there was just enough drama to keep me interested but ...more
Alex
Dec 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I adored Tristan. I read another review that said he just sucks you in and that's a perfect description. The entire story flows really well. Tristan and Jamie are separated by a misunderstanding after only a night together. The flashback was just the perfect length, the misunderstanding was, well.. understandable and the reunion had just enough angst without being overdone. This will definitely be one of those I reread.
Meggie
Apr 20, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Now this was really great story, even if the plot is rather simple. I loved how Tristan expressed his hurtful emotions true his memory and with his behavior toward Jamie in present time. The story is rather sweet and ending is just "Oh Gosh..." Really Recommended story!
Seiran
Rachel Emily
This is one of my favorite type of themes to read...old high school crushes reuniting years later. I really enjoyed this and the characters. I thought it was a bit short and wrapped up the ending quickly, but I did enjoy it. Very sweet story!
Lucy
Apr 23, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5. The misunderstanding was really aggravating, because a simple phone call would have settled most of it. You love someone? You don't let them hurt for ten years.
AliciaJ
Predictable but sweet.
Chris
May 04, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay, romance, ebook, 2011, done
Good m/m romance about a guy who unexpectedly runs into the first guy he slept with, and it brings up all sorts of memories and issues for him. (I did get a titch frustrated by the Big Misunderstanding.)
Nichole (DirrtyH)
Aug 29, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011, m-m
I can't really decide if this was cute or unbearably cheesy. But I was in the mood for an easy HEA and this fit the bill.
V
May 04, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars
This story is just sweet and simple.
Heather♥
Nat ReadingAllNite
Feb 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
Bought it 2014. Don't remember it at all. Rate later.
Denise Koopman
Jan 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Liked this book. Very sweet.
Linda-Grace
Jan 14, 2017
*Nan*
Jul 20, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
CEO by day, erotic romance writer by night, Lori Toland somehow finds time to play video games and watch movies while taking care of her cats and husband. I'm also a secret cat.

Visit Lori's web site at http://www.loritoland.com or e-mail her at lori@loritoland.com.