Start by marking “Good Things: Seeing Your Life Through the Lens of God's Favor” as Want to Read:
Good Things: Seeing Your Life Through the Lens of God's Favor

Good Things: Seeing Your Life Through the Lens of God's Favor

Take a fresh look around you with eyes that cut through the daily distortions and see the undeniable and extravagant goodness of God.

There are certain messages today, both outside and inside the church, that have tainted the true message of God’s favor. The reality is God isn’t obligated to provide good things for us—but He wants to! This is your opportunity to adopt a fa

Published October 20th 2015 by WaterBrook

To ask other readers questions about Good Things, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Good Things

Jodi Cameron
Sep 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite quotes from the book is: "Hope is a stubborn, unrelenting determination to not allow the hardships of life to downsize the bigness of God."

The author eloquently puts some of the questions he's wrestled with throughout his life on paper. He takes the reader along with him on a journey of choosing to believe that God is good no matter what and see God's goodness in our lives.

I was introduced to new concepts like Theodicy, the Garden of God's grace, Plus Ultra, etc while also bei
Robin Mccoy
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
So often we ask the question, If God is so good, then why do bad things happen? In the middle of the disappointments and tragedies of life, is He really there? This book helps answer these questions and helps us realize that God is good, all the time and He desires Good Things for our life. Good Things shows us how we can find the goodness of God in our everyday lives. It is one of those must read books. Get your spirits lifted and your hope renewed. God is good!
Gini
Sep 15, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Right from the start the author hits his reader with the question, “What do you think God thinks about you?” (10) Combine that with some polarized sunglasses and you are off and running through this book.
This is a short, easy read that surveys seeing your life through the lens of God’s favor, borrowing his subtitle. I say survey since each of his chapters could have been a feature length presentation. Happily, he gives us enough to get the idea and go with it. You could almost say he’s an optom
Paula Vince
Jan 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
It's good to see a book about divine favour which focuses more on acknowledging and expressing thanks for what we've already got, rather than giving us tips to stir up more and more. I've read several of the latter sort over the years, and often what they stir up is a feeling of discontent and falling short.

Kevin Gerald begins with the premise that our attitude should be like wearing polarised sunglasses. What we choose to look at comes out in sharpest focus, whether we choose a positive or nega
Martha Molina-Magallanes
Oct 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What some may interpret as redundancy in the book's illustrations, may also proof that one elects to see the bad in things as oppose to the good in things. The author intentionally uses the repetitive approach to help us retrain our mind through Pavlov's famous method of Classical Conditioning. In a similar manner, like when Pavlov trained his dogs to associate salivation when they saw his assistant, Gerald encourages us to salivate God's goodness regardless of what our physical eyes see. If one ...more
Sharayah-ann Morgan
Oct 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is so good in any season you are going through! Whether you feel like you're having a hard time seeing the good around you, or you just want to see more of Gods favor in your life, this book is for you!
Susan Spellmeyer
Oct 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing book about the goodness of our God. Loved it!
Beth Petersen
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great reading! Easy to read, easy to remember and very challenging.
Kelly Schulz
Feb 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Understanding God's favor as different than, but not separate from, His mercy was one of the treasures this book held for me!
A tenacious fear of "prosperity gospel" has taught many of us to avoid, downplay, or misinterpret the Bible's teaching regarding God's favor.
I found this book to hold much good Biblical counter-balance.
Michele J
Oct 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If you have ever questioned Gods goodness....This book will have you seeing things very differently! Kevin Gerald will grab you and tell you the TRUTH about God and the Good Things that can be found in every situation!
Aaron Latimer
Oct 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Love it! Seeing the goodness of God in our daily lives. So important to understand.
Gavin Sue
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read

I love reading Kevin's books. Always uplifting.. easy to read. Plan to re-read it to keep these awesome principles active in my mind
Susan Derenda
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful read

Extremely thought provoking. Very insightful, I’ve marked off a number of paragraphs which will be helpful through life’s many seasons
Ryan
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is a must read! The main premise of Good Things reminds us that God's Goodness is not negated because of the storms that come in life. This message seems obvious at face value but in actuality is sometimes one of the hardest concepts for all of us to grasp. Pastor Kevin explains how God’s Goodness is the outworking of His Favor, which is founded in His Grace. Therefore, God’s Favor is not something we work to receive but something that God has given to us through his Grace because of h ...more
Christina Brennan
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What an incredibly life changing message. More of God's goodness and His message needs to be shared with everyone! Being a goodfinder is something anyone can do. This book teaches you how in simple steps and makes your life richer and full of joy. You can easily marinate in negativity...anyone can. What Pastor Kevin does is show us all how to see the good and know that God is good in all situations.
Skyler Norris
Oct 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It seems like every time I turn around the character and goodness of God is under attack. I always hear people say things like "If God is good then why is this bad thing happening?" Or "why is that happening..." or "why did this bad thing happen to me?" This book eliminates the "if" and can help to change our culture. We don't need more negative voices, we need more good finders that can find God in the middle of every good thing. Whether you believe in God or not, read this book!!!
Chloe
Oct 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Incredible book about learning to see the goodness of God and His favor for our lives! "There's something that happens in our hearts and minds when we go from hearing that God is good to actually seeing God's goodness".
Lidiana Cupceanu
Oct 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was nothing short of amazing and life changing! I am a better person because of the Good Things book, and I am not able to see things through Gods favor that i might not have otherwise.
Paula McFadden
Oct 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I can honestly say that this book has changed my life for the better. It challenged the way I see the world and helped me see that despite difficult times I have so much to be thankful for.
Catalina Mahon
Oct 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
So excited to get this book in my hands. Kevin Gerald is an excellent communicator and is always so relevant. This is going to be my Christmas gift to all my friends and family!
Trevor Duplissey
Oct 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If you've ever wondered if God is good, this is the book for you! Kevin Gerald takes an honest look at a difficult subject and show us all how to see our lives through the lens of God's favor!
Andizzle
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes its hard to find the good in life... this book helped me realize that there is Good Things all around me. Highly recommend it....
Melodye