Start by marking “The Boyfriend Project” as Want to Read:
The Boyfriend Project

The Boyfriend Project

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  6 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Samantha Jones’ world revolves around her neighbor, Jordan Kingsley. In fact, her boyfriend broke up with her because of the time she spends with Jordan. Sam longs to move their relationship to boyfriend/girlfriend level but there’s a problem. She’s afraid to ask him out because he’s one of her closest friends.

When her BFF, Emery, suggests using advice from her favorite ro
Published June 28th 2015

To ask other readers questions about The Boyfriend Project, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Boyfriend Project

Donnielle Tyner
Jun 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
The author gave me an ARC for an honest review.

This lighthearted novella about first love with the boy next door is a cute and fun read. I was slightly disappointed with the book only because it was pitched to me as a romantic comedy and I didn't find any humor in the story. BUT that doesn't change my opinion of the story itself.

I found myself relating to Sam, as I was a similar teenager. Her nervousness to express her feelings is endearing and her convictions are mature for her age. I really en
Kai Strand
Jul 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2015
The Boyfriend Project is a fun, lighthearted romance that will leave you grinning in the end. The characters jump right off the pages, they're so true to life.

Poor Sam goes through many romance novel inspired scenarios to catch the attention of her best friend, Jordan, hoping to escalate their long time friendship into a romantic relationship. She can’t just outright ask if he's interested though—she might lose him altogether! Anybody who has tried to capture someone’s attention will truly rela
Katie Carroll
Jun 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
I'm a big fan of Mary Waibel's fantasy novels. Though THE BOYFRIEND PROJECT is a departure from those, it was a fun, quick read. Lots of tension and angsty moments wondering if Sam and Jordan will ever be together. It was very Pam and Jim from The Office.
Aliza
Jun 28, 2015 rated it liked it
I received an ARC of this book from the author i exchange for an honest review. I really enjoyed reading this novella. It was a cute, light chick flick so i would recommend it to anyone looking for a light read.
Mary Waibel
Jul 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I'm very excited about sharing this new series with you. Writing it has brought back so many memories of high school (the good and the bad).

This book kicks of the series with Sam (Samantha) and Jordan's story. Next up will be Emery. But don't worry, the fun won't end there. I have several characters ready to hit the page for their stories.
Paige Knapke
Ashley
Nov 11, 2017
Madeline Friedman
May 20, 2018
Multi-published YA Author Mary Waibel is a romantic at heart. Her love of fairy tales, fantasy, and happy-ever-after fill the pages of her stories.

When not twisting her own tales, she can be found with her nose buried in any book she can get her hands on.

Mary lives in upstate New York with her wonderful husband, hockey player son, and two cats. In the fall and winter she can be found at the ice
More about Mary Waibel