Start by marking “Hujan Bulan Juni” as Want to Read:
Hujan Bulan Juni

Hujan Bulan Juni

(Trilogi Hujan Bulan Juni #1)

Bagaimana mungkin seseorang memiliki keinginan untuk mengurai kembali benang yang tak terkirakan jumlahnya dalam selembar sapu tangan yang telah ditenunnya sendiri.

Published June 18th 2015 by Gramedia Pustaka Utama

Start your review of Hujan Bulan Juni
Theresia
Jun 21, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: f-indonesian
This book is a hot mess.

First, "zadul" is annoying, and its unnecessary repeat appearance is enough to make me want to lob this book at someone else's head, preferably a grammar nazi. Hell to old men's proper and correct Indonesian spelling's need to correct things that don't need correction. (If I have to write 'correct' one more time, I'll eat my shoes.) Second, all the Japanese stuff. So much, and yet so wrong. Third, SDD and Shrek and WA and Javanism and other yadda yadda bs form the unholy
Manik Sukoco
Dec 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Here's my favorite part on this novel:

"QUATRAINS"
/1/
I sent you a few words
ones that are now rare –
if they reach you one day,
hide them, there’s no way to understand me
/2/
the space that exists within a word
is like our home:
there are pictures, sounds, and gestures in it –
and yet we are forbidden to decipher it
/3/
for those who still believe in words:
silent is their surging core, pitch-dark is their heart of fire –
but when will we ever understand the sea?
and the eternal fire?
/4/
what do
Farah
Jun 20, 2015 rated it it was ok
Rustiana
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
This is a collection of 102 poems, written between 1959 to 1989. The first edition was published in 1994 by grasindo but I got Gramedia version first published in 2013.
First reason I bought this book because once I knew a poet writing about a mother who did hunger strike looking for justice for her son (he refused to write about Love in particular).
Second reason is that I know 2 poems in this book, “aku ingin” and “Hujan Bulan Juni” , that were sources of inspiration of many today’s popular arti
Zulhamsyah
May 31, 2020 rated it liked it
Written beautifully in SDD's style of figurative language. I enjoy the poems, marvelous as always. However, I find it a little difficult to follow the story. Some similes are just not for me, many terms are not familiar (to me) I don't know what he's talking about. The story? It was just good, not very special. A little frustrating when I have run miles throughout the book only to find stumbled on a rock and went blackout. What's nextt?!!?
Muchtar Sholikhin
Oct 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Taeq
Syarani
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
❤️❤️❤️ lucuuu
Aisyah Firlinda
Jan 28, 2019 rated it liked it
I always appreciate SDD, he is the one of many my favorite author of Indonesia. I love every words in this book, but I only can give 3 stars because I thought the story is too clise.
Leonisa Abjati
Jun 14, 2019 rated it did not like it
The novel is too vague. I thought there was something in me that I couldnt comprehend what really is about the novel. Then I read the second book and still, too vague. Literally nothing.
Sukmo Pinuji
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was ok
I choose this book because it was written by Sapardi. I knew some of her poet, and though I did not really enjoy poetry, I love some of Sapardi's poet. I have a good expectation when first I decide to read this book, but, well, umh... to be honest, I did not really enjoy it. This book was below my expectation. The plot is too "naive", the story itself did not really interesting (well, what I expect to read a story of young couple fallen in love - as usual?). I have strong feeling Sapardi tried t ...more
Anidos
Jul 29, 2016 rated it liked it
I surprisingly like this one, the type of narrative that I could easily absorb myself into: peek-my-mind book, one kind of 'ngobrol' book. If you look for a chronological plot, a complicated problem and twisted ending, be prepared for a disappointment. Hujan Bulan Juni the Novel(la) is a character-driven one, a story that could go on and on and all we (I) need to see is 'what's next', not 'where's the end'. The last page of the book is not necessarily the last chapter of the characters' life pha ...more
Louisa Olivia Hadiwirawan
Dec 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sarwono berusaha keras utk tdk menjalani hidup nasib-nasiban, tetapi tdk begitu yakin apakah ada hidup yg takdir-takdiran. -Hujan Bulan Juni, SDD-

I'm in love with this novel! The author was known as one of Indonesia's greatest poet. He was known with his 'everday' word in writing his poetry, nonetheless his poetry could penetrate the deepest of your heart.
This novel is very light, it only took 2 hours for me to finish it. It's very witty. And in the end, it tugs something in my heart. Light yet
Nenda
Aug 09, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: drama, romance
The book lacks of soul. It tried to be a romance but it does not give sufficient motive or that giddy-giddy feeling to the main characters until you left to not care to them. I think putting tribe differences as a source of conflict feel doesn't really well put if one of the main character is mixed. So many conflicts feel to be forced and the lack of chemistry make it worse.
Ratih Widy
Dec 17, 2015 rated it liked it
Maybe I expect too much from him. He is probably one of the greatest poet / author that Indonesia has, also the honorary professor at my alma mater, UI, but this time, quite bland. The conflict's too simple, the characters aren't strong. I try to savor every word of it, though. He is still one of the best legacy for Indonesian literature
An Nisaa Gettar
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sapardi Djoko Damono is a legend of Indonesian literature. His masterpieces are always amazing. Particularly to this book, I rate 4 instead of 5 because its story is ordinary, nothing special, even though the way he writes is adorable as always. You will find the best part of this novel in page 44, based on my view point of course.
Diandra Prabowo
Feb 14, 2016 rated it liked it
i remember reading one of SDD's poems back then when i was still a middle-schooler and fell totally in love with it. i started reading this book with that memory in mind but i don't think this novel lives up to my expectations.
Annie
Jul 01, 2015 rated it it was ok
This one just wasn't for me.
Claudia Sutrisno
Jul 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: indonesian
A little bit tear jerking as the poem is.
Gita Putri
Jul 19, 2015 rated it it was ok
Mr. Sapardi should stick to writing poetry.
Hazell
Sep 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
It amazed me. I have nothing to say. It's beyond words.
Nururulaeni
Jan 31, 2016 rated it it was ok
I don't get it. I still curious about best part in this novel. maybe i will read it again next time.
Vera Nathalia
Mar 06, 2016 rated it it was ok
Lower down your expectation when reading this book.
Anastasia Irawati
May 13, 2016 rated it did not like it
more powerfull than CTM
Pancanita Manalu
May 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It's brilliant. I'm drawn to the story like I'm witnessing their life right before my eyes. All the scenes are just too vivid.

I wanna read some more of this kind of genre.
Naomi Anditya
May 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
My first taste of Sastra Indonesia.
Chika Anindyah
Jun 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: june-2016
Rika Rahayu
Jun 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Showing an endless topic: love. Showing a highly related to author's generation: names. Showing good efforst in keeping up the modern world: wa usage.
Ziykhaniyah

• Jika Kita Tak Pernah Jatuh Cinta
  • Aroma Karsa
  • Supernova: Petir
Riwayat hidup
Masa mudanya dihabiskan di Surakarta. Pada masa ini ia sudah menulis sejumlah karya yang dikirimkan ke majalah-majalah. Kesukaannya menulis ini berkembang saat ia menempuh kuliah di bidang bahasa Inggris di Universitas Gadjah Mada, Yogyakarta.

Sejak tahun 1974 ia mengajar di Fakultas Sastra (sekarang Fakultas Ilmu Budaya) Universitas Indonesia, namun kini telah pensiun. Ia pernah menj

Trilogi Hujan Bulan Juni (3 books)
  • Pingkan Melipat Jarak
  • Yang Fana Adalah Waktu

Related Articles

“Nasib memang diserahkan kepada manusia untuk digarap, tetapi takdir harus ditandatangani di atas materai dan tidak boleh digugat kalau nanti terjadi apa-apa, baik atau buruk.” 30 likes
“Bagaimana mungkin seseorang memiliki keinginan untuk mengurai kembali benang yang tak terkirakan jumlahnya dalam selembar saputangan yang telah ditenunnya sendiri. Bagaimana mungkin seseorang bisa mendadak terbebaskan dari jaringan benang yang susun-bersusun, silang-menyilang, timpa-menimpa dengan rapi di selembar saputangan yang sudah bertahun-tahun lamanya ditenun dengan sabar oleh jari-jarinya sendiri oleh kesunyiannya sendiri oleh ketabahannya sendiri oleh tarikan dan hembusan napasnya sendiri oleh rintik waktu dalam benaknya sendiri oleh kerinduannya sendiri oleh penghayatannya sendiri tentang hubungan-hubungan pelik antara perempuan dan laki-laki yang tinggal di sebuah ruangan kedap suara yang bernama kasih sayang. Bagaimana mungkin. (66)” 25 likes