Start by marking “Forgotten Ages - The Complete Series” as Want to Read:
Forgotten Ages - The Complete Series

Forgotten Ages - The Complete Series

(Forgotten Ages #1-2)

The greatest military leader of his time.
The most talented code breaker her people have.
Sworn enemies.

When deadly secrets from the ancient past are unearthed, secrets capable of fracturing the world and destroying all life on the planet, these two enemies will have to work together. They are humanity’s only hope.

The Forgotten Ages series is recommended for fans of
Published June 12th 2015

Start your review of Forgotten Ages - The Complete Series
Rue S.
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
As a transplant to the fantasy/steampunk genre, dragged in by family members who insisted I WOULD like some of these books no matter how I resisted, this series was such a pleasant surprise and breath of fresh air. It has basically everything I love in a book in it: mystery, intrigue, no slow moments, and a solid romance. It’s also a duology with a short story in the middle (a change from the typical trilogy-or-5-book pattern!) that has an ending that doesn’t leave the reader frustrated when ...more
Melinda
Jun 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
A re-read. And it’s still as amazing as I remember. I loved Rias and I love Takiya. Both brilliant, respectful, nerdy even. A grand epic. A grand romance. I think these two might be my favourite book couple...for a while at least!!
Kyle Massin
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: listened-audible
Reviewed/Listened on Audible

"So glad I picked this up!"
Where does Forgotten Ages rank among all the audiobooks you’ve listened to so far?
Top 10 for sure. I was such a different story and genre then what I am used to and was so happy to find out how much fun these books were.

What other book might you compare Forgotten Ages to and why?
I have no idea. This is the first in the genre.

Have you listened to any of Tavia Gilbert’s other performances before? How does this one compare?
I have not. Since I
Thea
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I purchased the “Forgotten Ages” series of three books in March of 2016. Since that time, the first book in the series, “Encrypted”, has been and probably always will be, my favorite book since turning off the TV and reading full time. Most books I read are pretty good, but forgettable. But “Encrypted” is so good from beginning to end, that I find myself going back and reading it again and again. It is the story of woman from Kyatt, (Tikaya) who was the key to turning the tide against Turgonia ...more
Alex
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
A wonderful adventure/romance set in a colorful world. Main character Tikaya is a prisoner for the entire book, but she is neither helpless nor overconfident/overpowered. I found her very believable. Rias is a little too perfect, and I wish that I understood him a bit better. Their relationship was touching.

The technology in this story is totally random and doesn't make much sense, but I don't care. The cultures are fascinating and not at all superficial copies of real world cultures. I wish I
Suzanne
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
This set came up on my recommendations on Amazon and I'm glad I tried it. I really enjoyed it! There is plenty of action and intrigue and mystery in it. Its a mix of fantasy,sci-fi and steampunk with a great romance thrown in for good measure.
The two main characters are geniuses in their fields of language and mathematics and must work together to solve a mystery all while trying to stay alive. Their romance is well written and I found myself rooting for them from the moment they first met.
James
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoy reading this author. I was about 2/3 of the way through the Emperor's Edge series when they started talking about visiting the characters from these books - so I jumped over to this series.
This is a light romantic fantasy/science fiction series. A little heavier on the romance than the EE books but like in that series I found the characters to be very likable and there is plenty of action, suspense to pull the story along.
Karen Stermen
Sep 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Great style, but lacks story

I love the style Lindsay Buroker uses for this story. Humor, action, and adventure. However, I found at times her characters could have been more fleshed out. As I read, I had the perpetual feeling like the other shoe was going to drop, as though the story were going to take a clever twist. Alas, no. A straight forward adventure, just not an in depth straight forward adventure.
Mualpha
Mar 25, 2016 rated it liked it
Entertaining

Some issues. But a fun relaxed read. It bugs me that running out of air on the submarine is brought up as an issue but then when they are actually on the submarine it's not a concern. And how a society that makes cars out of wood and bamboo has the tools and equipment to build a submarine. Etc.
Betty Z
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A 'Can't put it down' kind of book

Absolutely loved the entire book(s) set. The sexual side was written with class.
I totally fell in love with Rias. He was/is every woman's fantasy. Great endu g to the story as well.
Bill Tillman
Jul 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Forgotten Ages

Wow this Series really rocked my socks! Arias and Ticia were the the perfect nerd couple, the adventures are edge of the seat types with enough twists and turns to please most. The steampunk elements were great and not too over the top to make me say oh come on.
B.A. A. Mealer
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A goodread

This was a good book which kept me reading, wanting to know how it was going to end. I enjoyed the story a lot.
Jane
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, romance, magic, sci-fi
There's something about Lindsay Buroker's writing that makes me want to read all of her backlist, or at the very least the entire series at a time once I dive into her books. This series, that I had not read before, was no exception.

It's actually one of the shorter works Buroker has written (at least as far as I know), even though connected with The Emperor's Edge series as some of the characters were already familiar to me. Especially one particular assassin whom I've grown to love more every
Karen
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Cryptomancer

This complete trilogy is a great fantasy adventure romance. Tikaya Komitopis is a Kyattese philology professor who has become a codebreaker during the war with the Turgonians. After the Turgonian's surrender leads to the end of the war and her fiance is killed when his ship is sunk, she withdraws to her family's plantation to mourn. A year later, she has let down her guard and is stolen by Turgonian marines. When she regains consciousness, she is imprisoned aboard one of their
Jodi
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
YES! Another hit!

It's been many years since I read the Emperor'sEdge series...and I am not really sure how I missed this series....but I love Lindsay Buroker books and so I jumped on this one when it came up in my recommendation list on Kindle. At first I had no idea it was set in the same world as EE, but as I read, things started to sound familiar- Nations specifically...but with the name Starcrest....that's when I realized this was tied in.

I was enjoying the book, I love the characters,
Virginia Copeland
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Exce!!ent action with romance a pinnacle in the series.

Intriguing story with exciting action. Characters are developed as one might find in norma! life of a truly exciting hero and heroine with rather fun sideline geeks. I enjoyed the ease of reading the story while sometimes sitting on the edge of my chair with the excitement of the moment. There were times of emotion with the moments of sadness, romance, entanglements of the characters. I highly recommend the series for those who enjoy
Hope Glidden
Jan 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have recently developed the habit of reading at least one physical book and one digital book at any given time. I blame my digital habits on the great deals found through Bookbub, which introduces me to authors I might not otherwise encounter. I purchased Forgotten Ages as a complete set; I would suggest reading all three books together as the second and third follow on the heels of the events in the first book.

Tikaya Komitopis is a philology professor turned cryptanalyst, who helps decode
Katelynn Nett
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun story but got a little redundant

Apparently I read the 1st book a long time ago and I forgot. I still enjoyed reading it the 2nd time. The short story was enjoyable as well. As for the actual 2nd book I was definitely itching to finish it. The suspense got me. However the cute bantering that the main characters developed became rather annoying and unbelievable given the situation they were in. I get it, they are in love and what not but I wish I could have seen a little more depth as their
Mrs Susan Bray
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful books with a very different type of heroine.

If I didn't have to work, eat or clean the of (at least every now and then) i think I would have read the while series in one go. I have never read anything by this author before but I will certainly be getting more. If you like fantasy you will enjoy this but I think I can safely say the same is true if you like science fiction (I love both myself). Get this you won't be disappointed.
Jeri
Mar 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
If you loved Emperor's Edge, you'll love this series. As someone said, these three books focus on the lives of the "grown ups" from the Emperor's Edge...a battle hardened Admiral and a genius alien linguist.
Buroker does such a great job of characterization -- adding humor when you're so tense you can't relax and then making you not want to put the books down. Not going to tell you the plots as it will ruin the story but take the time to read all three one after another. Worth it.
ross bryan
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Best yet !!

Ms. Butler is a wonderful writer. She creates stories filled with danger and no way out but the heros always find an unlikely way to survive. Then the heros evolve from trapped to partners to friends to romantically involved. The plots are extensive and the characters multifaceted but above all very real. I have enjoyed all of her books and recommend this series and her as an entertaining author.
Dana Askay
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A bit for everyone

I thought the books were well written, being a bit of paranormal, fantasy, fiction, action, and love story. She combined the paranormal culture with a very stoic culture well. I liked the relationship development between the characters. The tension was diverted from the lovers , leaving them to their unique and funny conversations. The storyline kept me reading late into the night.
Tanya
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

I read The Emperor's Edge series first and was definitely intrigued by Rias & Tikaya. I could tell their history would be fascinating. Never knew they had their own story until a few weeks ago. It was everything I imagined! Lol Fun, exciting, dangerous, romantic in their unique way. It was perfect!
Jeanette Longford
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Forgotten Ages, (The Complete Saga)

Marvellous Fantasy Romance drama, high octane action & adventure. Strong clear visual scenery. Lovable & believable characters. I may have to read it all over again. The author Lindsay Buroker is proven as ever, as A Craft Master Author.
Without exception good fun to read.
River (Tamaranth)
I've read several of Lindsay Buroker's series now, and while none of them had that hook-you-and-make-you-desperate-to-keep-reading effect, they were all unique and interesting stories with enjoyable plots and well-done characters you wanted to cheer for. Forgotten Ages was no different, in that regard -- I enjoyed the characters and the intriguing plot, and I have no regrets about reading it. ^^
Eunice
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Witty and fun. Never disappointed.

I started reading Lindsay’s work with Balanced On The Blade’s Edge, not realizing these books are her first foray into that world. Doesn’t matter though, the story stands alone or as explained, these characters return In later books.
Wonderfully engaging with drama, intrigue and action and oozing humour, her people are real.
Sarz
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read

I've read the Emperor's Edge series a couple of times already, but never got round to taking a side trip into these books. I'm glad I did this time, I really enjoyed them.
Neil
A page turner

Swiftly becoming one of my favourite authors.
The story bounds along at a swift pace, always leaving you wanting more. The characters are well written, likeable and believable. The plot is nicely thought out and throughly entertaining.
What more could you ask for?
Sherri
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very fun series. It doesn't neatly fit in any sub-genre. It is somewhere between historical sci-fi and secondary world fantasy. Either way, the main characters are great. The main guy makes me think of 'Miles+MacGyver stuck in the steam age'. The romance is well done but not graphic.
GREG LETT
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Forgotten Ages

This book has been really enjoyable and leaves you wanting more .escaping to a different place.I would recommend this to everyone who has been in a few different worlds "
« previous 1 3 next »

• Earth Space Service Space Marines Boxed Set
  • The Keeper Chronicles: The Complete Epic Fantasy Trilogy
  • The Complete Rhenwars Saga: An Epic Fantasy Pentalogy
  • Tales of the Feisty Druid Omnibus (Books 1-7): (The Arcadian Druid, The Undying Illusionist, The Frozen Wasteland, The Deceiver, The Lost, The Damned, Into The Maelstrom)
  • The Dark Citadel: The Complete Series
  • Box Set: The Dragon Sea Chronicles
  • The Hidden Wizard: The Complete Series
  • The Mage Chronicles Box Set (Books 1-4)
  • Ascension: The Complete Trilogy
  • The Wings of War Boxset: Books 1 - 4
  • Uncommon World: The Complete Epic Quartet
  • The Rogue Elf of Urlas: Songs of Shadow (Half-Elf Chronicles Boxset Book 1)
  • The Magitech Chronicles Quadrilogy: Books 1 - 4 of the Magitech Chronicles
  • Unleashed (The Brindle Dragon #6)
  • Rogues of Magic (A Tale of the Dwemhar Trilogy)
  • The Dragon Songs Saga: The Complete Quartet: Songs of Insurrection, Orchestra of Treacheries, Dances of Deception, and Symphony of Fates
  • Immortality and Chaos: The Complete Epic Pentalogy
  • The Red Sword: The Complete Trilogy
I'm a full-time indie fantasy and science fiction author. When I'm not writing, I'm ferrying my dogs to hiking trails for adventures.

Forgotten Ages (2 books)
  • Encrypted (Forgotten Ages, #1)
  • Decrypted (Forgotten Ages, #2)
“The easier we make it to kill, the less time there is to master the art of knowing when not to.” 1 likes
“capturing” 0 likes