Start by marking “The Lair (Sinner's Grove #2)” as Want to Read:
The Lair (Sinner's Grove #2)

The Lair

(Sinner's Grove #2)

Published June 16th 2015 by Red Trumpet Press

To ask other readers questions about The Lair, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lair

Start your review of The Lair (Sinner's Grove #2)
"Avonna
Sep 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
The Lair: A Sinner’s Grove Novel by A. B. Michaels is a contemporary, gothic, romantic suspense. The story is part of the Sinner’s Grove series, but can easily be read as a standalone book. The setting of the Panther’s Lair in Verona, Italy makes the story even more interesting because of the creepy atmosphere of the mansion set against the beauty of Verona.
Daniela Dunn has to return to her childhood home, The Panther’s Lair, for the funeral of her playboy father. The mansion is a place of deepl
Dianne
Sep 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
She is stepping back into a past that held terror and pain, a secret-filled world she couldn’t leave behind fast enough. Daniela must return to her birthplace, Italy when her high profile father dies in a boating accident. Accompanying her is a fiend and detective, Gabe, who has his own agenda for going. The dark intrigues of her family; a mystery woman with a message and Dani questions the truth of her father’s death, WAS it an accident or was it murder? Is Dani setting herself and Gabe up to b ...more
Lori
Aug 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
You have your mystery , romance else here all rolled up nicely into one package. a very enjoyable read that will keep your fingers turning the page.

Dani is the main. character who upon her father's death has returned to Italy her childhood home. A mansion called the Liar. of course the names appropriate, it's filled with mystery , past horrible secrets that haunt Dan I and bad memories That she can face or run from . what will she do?
then was her father's accident really a accident?

also you ha
Frederic
Mar 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: suspense-action
4 Stars, 5 Flames

The Lair is taking us to Verona, Italy, where everything is not at it seems. We all know Verona for Romeo and Juliet, but with this story, we get to know the darker side of the city. It is dealing with some sensitive issues such as human trafficking, rape, and narcissism. It was done with finesse and included in such a way that was a benefit to the story. This is a romantic suspense and a good one.

This story is full of surprises and twists, the author did a wonderful job incorp
Angelica
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
I couldn't actually get through this one. It kept jumping around and I was getting confused of I was seeing the past or if it was a different character that was being affected at the same time. For now this is a 2.5 stars. I might pick it up again but I just can't get into this one.
Krissys
Aug 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: featured-books, star
The Lair: A Sinner's Grove Novel by A.B. Michaels

After her playboy father dies in a racing boat mishap, innkeeper Daniela Dunn must travel from Northern California back to Verona, Italy and her childhood home, an estate called the Panther’s Lair. To say she’s reluctant to go is an understatement. In fact, she’s petrified. The mansion she grew up in holds terrifying memories and deeply buried secrets. It’s a place where appearances are deceiving and the price of honesty could be death.
Complicati
Chanel
Dani and Gabe trip to Italy isn’t a vacation. Dani is returning to the family villa only because her father has been killed in a boating accident. Nothing is as it seems, as there are secrets and lies around every corner. Dani is annoyed that Gabe invited himself on this trip, but having a police detective by her side turns out to be very needed. This book deals with dark subject matters and family skeletons and a romantic relationship between Dani and Gabe. Can’t say this book was entertaining, ...more
Larena
Jul 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Contemporary Romantic Suspense

Verona, Italy

Daniela Dunn is an innkeeper that must travel from Northern California to Italy when her playboy father dies in a racing boat mishap. Going back to her childhood home, an estate called the Panther’s Lair makes her very reluctant, in fact she is petrified. The mansion holds deeply buried secrets and terrifying memories. It is also a place with the price of honesty could be death and appearances are deceiving.

Detective Gabe de la Torre is her flirtatiou
Stacie
Oct 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
The Lair is a enthralling tale of evil deception, unyielding domination, and a healing love that will leave readers reeling and yearning for more.

With the passing of her father, Dani must return to Verona, Italy for his funeral, but the nightmares she has fought so hard to control immediately return. Dani is plagued with uncertainty and begins to question her past. Gabe, who claims to be in Verona for moral support, seems to have more in mind, but when Dani learns his secrets all bets of a roman
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Daniela "Dani" Dunn is returning to Verona, Italy for her father's funeral. Dani has mixed feelings about returning to Italy after all this time. Dani is feeling more than frustrated by Gabriele "Gabe" de la Torre heading over to Italy with her. Nothing Dani says will sway Gabe into changing his mind. Dani doesn't know what to expect yet has an uneasy feeling she can't explain. Dani's Uncle Santo is head of the family is doing his best to make this deal go through. Meanwhile through the family c ...more
Laura Nelson (Tangents and Tissues)
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

This book is part of the Sinner’s Grove series, but can be read as a standalone. We follow Daniela ‘Dani’ Dunn as she travels to her childhood home in Verona, Italy following the death of her playboy father accompanied by her friend Detective Gabriele ‘Gabe’ de la Torre.

What follows is one of the best romantic suspense novels I have read in a long time. The subject matter makes for uncomfortable reading and is not for the fain
Nicole
Oct 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
When news arrives that Daniela Dunn’s father has passed, she is forced to return to Italy, to a home she fears. Her childhood home and the family members that live there, hold a critical secret to her past. One that Daniela is unable to remember, but still feels the effects every day. Unbeknownst to her, her friend Detective Gabe de la Torre, has been asked to accompany her and keep her safe. As the secrets from her past, come rushing forward, will Gabe be able to protect her?

This story starts w
Lindsey Gray
Oct 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!

Dani Dunn's life in California is interrupted by the sudden death of her father back in her home country of Italy. Family friend, Gabe de la Torre, travels with her to be a shoulder whether Dani likes it or not. Once in Italy, the real drama begins. Nightmares and memories plague Dani once in her father's home. Gabe's investigative nature leads him to help Dani, personally and professionally.

Michaels kept me on my toes from the prologue to the very last page. I continued to read and al
Cathy
Sep 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have to say - this one rocks! "The Lair" was so much more than I expected it to be. There is so much mystery and intrigue, I was guessing the whole time and couldn't wait to turn the page to see what would happen next and who it was! It's a rollercoaster ride, never know what the next turn of the page will bring. The main characters were quite likable and together they were terrific. I loved how Dani tried to deny the romance, wanting to handle things on her own. And Gabe was great! He's a fli ...more
Jody Joy
Feb 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Lair is part of the ‘Sinner’s Grove Series’, it is a little of mystery, intrigue and a sweet dose of romance between two characters in Dani and Gabe, wow they are both thoroughly enjoyable characters for sure.

Dani has to return to Verona, Italy for her father's funeral with mixed emotions, she is not happy about returning there for many reasons. The Lair is a mansion she grew up in that holds many mysteries and terrible memories for Dani. In addition, secrets that could very well get you kil
Tawny
Aug 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: y-2015, nerdy-girls
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Dani returns to Italy after the accidental death of her father. Her "friend" Gabe goes with her for moral support. Once they arrive at Dani's family home, secrets start to unravel. Questions start to arise and memories are stirred up. The book kept my interest and and had me wondering on several occasions who should be trusted and who shouldn't. In between the mystery there's a love story.

There were times when I found Dani t
Angel Hatfield
Sep 29, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary, reviews
**I received an ARC of this story in exchange for an honest review**
Daniela Dunn was headed back to Italy to bury playboy father. Detective Gabe de la Torre decided to accompany her. In a way, this makes her feel much better because she is terrified to going back to the family estate she grew up in as a girl. Now that she's reacquainting with the family, it's becoming evident that something isn't right within the family business.
This story had a great plot and build up of the characters. However
Joanne Pence
Jun 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Dani travels to Italy when she learns that her father has been killed, and once there, the problems that have haunted her from childhood come flooding back. Joining her in Verona is a sexy Italian-American police officer named Gabe, who is more involved in her past than she ever imagined. I absolutely loved reading about Dani, Gabe, her whole, large, intriguing family--the Lair itself--and the fabulous setting of this story. I've enjoyed all of A.B. Michaels' books, and this one, to me, is one o ...more
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
The Lair is an interesting blend of mystery, intrigue, and romance. The disturbing realities of some distasteful crimes which are all too real in today’s society are handled carefully and realistically. Gabe and Dani are two characters who fairly jump off the page and I was amazed anyone would believe they were pushovers or easily manipulated. The Lair is a page turning mystery very hard to put down.
Delane
Reviewer for Coffee Time Romance & More

Official Review @ Coffee Time Romance & More
Liz
Jul 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a fantastic suspense novel…. I was so captivated by the story I read way into the early morning hours to finish it! It has a hot Italian guy- check, yummy Italian food- check, a beautiful local- check- not much more you can ask for in a book. Oh, and a writer who tells a great story. This was the first book I read by A.B.Micheals but it won’t be my last.

I was provided a free copy of this book for an honest review.
Terri Aldao
Jul 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Awesome read! Romance, murder,mystery,suspense. You travel from California to beautiful Italy and the game is on. A great story that sucks you in from the very start,there is a very real problem in our world today and it is holding your attention from beginning to end. Great read! I can not wait to read her other works.I was provided a free copy of this book for an honest review.
David Hall
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A.B. Michaels Hit a home run with this one. She went in a whole different direction with this one. the knowledge of human trafficking and the brutality of those doing this is really brought out in this story. Although while telling this story she still manages to include the kind of love story we have come to expect from her. Absolutely her best work to date.
InD'tale Magazine
3.5/5.0

"The Lair" is a wonderful whodunit full of intrigue and mystery.

Read full review in the 2016 April issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Themis Stoumbelis
Suzanne
Jun 22, 2019
Lois Morich
Jul 13, 2019

• Close To Danger (Westen, #4)
  • Unforgettable You (Silver Springs, #5)
  • Strike Fast (DEA FAST #4)
  • The Color of the Season (The Color of Heaven Series #7)
  • His Cinderella's One-Night Heir
  • Switchback (Patrick Flint #1)
  • Hers to Tame (NOLA Knights, #2)
  • Second Chance at Christmas Inn: A Sweet Small Town Christmas Romance (Love Tries Again Book 3)
  • The Things That Keep Us Here
  • You Only Get So Much
  • Wish Upon a Shell (Lighthouse Point #1)
  • Astrology Through a Psychic's Eyes
  • HOT SEAL Rescue (HOT SEAL Team #3)
  • Looking for Clara
  • Southern Comfort (Southern, #1)
  • My Name Is Rose
  • True to Me
  • The Wicked City (The Wicked City #1)
A native of northern California, A.B. Michaels earned masters' degrees in history and broadcasting, and worked for many years in public relations and marketing. Now that she's an empty nester, she has time to write the kinds of stories she loves to read. Her historical series, "The Golden City," follows characters who make their way in turn of the twentieth century San Francisco. "I love creating ...more

Sinner's Grove (3 books)
  • Sinner's Grove (Sinner's Grove #1)
  • The Jade Hunters (Sinner's Grove #3)

News & Interviews