Start by marking “Strange Bedfellows” as Want to Read:
Strange Bedfellows

Strange Bedfellows

Can the billionaire son of a Democratic president build a family with the congressman son of a Republican senator? Forget politics, love makes strange bedfellows.

As the sole offspring of the Democratic United States president and his political operative wife, Trevor Moga was raised in an environment driven by the election cycle. During childhood, he fantasized about living
Published June 26th 2015 by The Romance Authors

To ask other readers questions about Strange Bedfellows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Strange Bedfellows

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Cardeno C books are my crack. I've read nearly every single one, and I enjoyed them all.

I liked this one too, but, as much as it pains me to say it, I didn't love it.

First, the positives:

The relationship between Ford and Trevor is all kinds of gooey and spicy. While this book isn't quite as steamy as some of Cardeno's other books, it certainly includes some intense, dirty sex.

Ford loves it when Trevor talks dirty, and so do I. And Ford's shy but oh-so-eager demeanor is all kinds of hawtt (yes
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)

*DNF at 62%... the audio was killing me.*

Cardeno C. and I have a very tumultuous relationship. We have super high highs (Perfect Imperfections) and super low lows (A Shot at Forgiveness) and, honestly, not that much in between. I either LOOOOVE CC's books or I hate them. This is much more the latter.

Sometimes with audiobook reviews I talk about the audio at the end of the review because it isn't the main factor in how I feel about a story. However, in this case I MUST talk about the narrator fi
Sophia Triad
Dec 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is actually the first book that I have read by Cardeno C. that there are no werewolves included. And I truly liked it!
I didn’t even mind reading about all this politics and games behind the scenes. And I have to emphasize that I hate politics.

Trevor Moga as the only son of the Democratic United States president was really likable/understanding/protective and Ford Hollingsworth as the congressman son of a Republican senator (a closet gay man) was adorable and so brave in the end.

Together, wh
Debra
Full review originally posted at Sinfully...Addicted to All Male Romance

Cardeno C can always be counted on for a sweet, feel good romance. Normally any book having to do with politics and conservative Republicans would have me thinking twice, but in this case I couldn’t resist. While the political landscape is the backdrop of this book, it is not a political book. It’s a sexy, fun opposites attract romance.

Bradford “Ford” Hollingsworth, III is continuing his family’s history of public service an
Tanu Gill
Dec 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*4.5 stars*

TBH, I wasn't too keen on buying this book, even though the author is on my auto-buy list and I have read and loved almost all her books. The reason being that I hate politics, and avoid any discussions like an ostrich burying its head in the sand.

But one day, out of curiosity, I read some of the reviews made by other readers. It had been eating at me, that I wasn't giving this book a chance, so I did exactly that. And I am happy to have made that decision.

I loved Trevor and Ford. The
BWT (Belen)
Jun 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
ETA: bumped from 3.5 to 4 Stars because of multiple reads & listens - can't get enough of CC!

A beautifully romantic, sexy fairy tale with scorching hot sexy times and terrific dirty talk!

And Tell me more

37 year old Bradford “Ford” Hollingsworth III has just started his first term as a Republican congressman, following in his grandfather and father's (a long time Senator and past presidential hopeful) esteemed political footsteps. Ford has spent most of his life trying to ignore the inner voice that tells h
*P*u*r*p*l*e* Masochist
~Arc provided via WLK Book Blog in exchange for honest review~

This review is posted on Way Too Hot Books where you can also follow the blog tour and enter the awesome giveaway.

Ever since I've become a mm romance fan a lot of mm readers recommended books by Cardeno C., so beside the intriguing synopsis that was one of the main reasons I read this book. If you read her biography, the first sentence says that she "...is a hopeless romantic who wants to add a lot of happiness and a few "awwws" into
.Lili.
Jun 26, 2015 added it
Shelves: dnf
DNF 43%

The last book I read was heavy, and I needed my next book to be fluffy and steamy. I figured Cardeno C fit that description perfectly. Unfortunately, I couldn't connect with the characters nor the story.
Susan
Jul 20, 2015 rated it liked it

So…I’m not exactly sure what happened here.

You see, I was reading right along and enjoying this political tale. There’s shy, naive, do-gooder Ford…a Republican…and a congressman. And there’s slick, billionaire, out-and-proud Trevor…a Democrat…and the President’s son. The two meet at a bar and what begins is not only a series of stolen sexual encounters (HOT!), but a blossoming friendship-maybe-more.

I liked the trust and honesty the author writes into this relationship. In a political landscape w
Jonetta
Originally posted on The Book Nympho

Ford Hollingsworth, Republican congressman from Missouri and from a family with a long political history, is coming to terms with his sexuality. When he has a chance encounter one night with Trevor Moga, Ford begins a relationship for the first time that will radically change his life. See, Trevor's the son of the President of the United States and Dad's a Democrat.

I expected Trevor and Ford to have the usual dilemmas associated with two powerful political fa
Arch Bala
Jun 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Strange Bedfellows is a story of a billionaire Democrat son who falls for a very closeted and religious Republican congressman. So from this premise alone, you’d know that there’ll be complications bound to happen. (Errr…)

Trevor Moga is the billionaire son of the US President and doesn’t give a hoot about politics, not big on religion and doesn’t have a tight knit family in normal ways. Bradford Hollingsworth Jr. however is the opposite aside from his party affiliation – the guy’s focused on his
Alvin
First of all, this is VERY HOOOOOOOTTTTTTTT!!!!! On the very first scene, Trevor & Ford are having sex already! Lol!

But what I love about this story is that I felt really good reading it. Cardeno C. has the ability to make the most awkward and tense situations into something light. And also he makes his MCs so in love with each other that you'll turn to mush while reading it. I missed that when I read Johnnie.

My little issue is that it's a little unrealistic. But hey, wouldn't it be great i
Catherine
Was this book perfect? Objectively? Not by a long shot. But... *shrugs* Whatever.

I was in the perfect mood for something sweet and fluffy with endearing characters who are spontaneous, understanding, loyal to one another, and just a little bit naughty. Cardeno C. so, so delivered with Strange Bedfellows. This book had me smiling, laughing, blushing, and then awwwwwwing like I was scrolling through a Tumblr page full of kittens in teacups. I loved it! It made me happy and sometimes that's all I
Paul
Sep 01, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review
Audiobook 3.75 stars
Audiobook Production Values 5 STARS
Click on ➜ MY LINK TEXT for a formatted review not the image.

Ford Hollingsworth is single, sexually repressed, and the son of a Republican Congressman who’s next in line for his fathers senate seat when he retires. However, he has a big problem, as far as he is concerned – he’s lived in the closet his entire life and the seat is about to become his for the taking. Ford rarely gives into his urges, leaving him rather inexperienced as far
Wendy

3,5... Very sweet stars ;)

I enjoyed this one more than I thought I would. The relationship between Ford and Trevor was all kinds of sweet and sexy. It wasn't as steamy as some of the others books I've read by this author, but it was still plenty hot !!

I normally don't like books about politics and religion, but this one was very nicely done. I still skimmed some of the politieval stuff though.

Also...Ford pissed me off a little bit by being the 37 year old closeted gay guy, scared to show his rel
Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈
First, let me say that I'm a fan so take anything I say about this book with a grain of salt. I really enjoyed every sugary, sappy moment of this book. Did it have moments that couldn't possibly happen IRL? sure! Did I care? Not at all. I read to escape. I don't want to see absolute reality when I'm reading romance. If I wanted that, I would just read my diary (if I bothered to write one). So I enjoy knowing that I can read a book by Cardeno C and be guaranteed a happy ending. There is comfort i ...more
Victoria  love books
Jun 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, audio-mm
4 Ready to be my family stars

To be honest I started to listen to this book because of this amazing and intriguing book cover. And darn this narrator voice is to die for!!!

I loved this story it was an interesting plot and hot as hell.

description

"Polished in public, tender in private, and filthy in bed - every part of Trevor called to Ford."

description

"Their gazes met and held; love, respect, and desire shining in their eyes. "Ready to be my family?"

Sandra
CC's latest story is as usual fluffy and sweet. Venturing into politics as a background, Strange Bedfellows matches a Republican House Representative with the billionaire son of the sitting Democrat POTUS.

Strange bedfellows, indeed.

Trevor isn't interested in politics, even though his parents are living in the White House and have been involved in politics his whole life. He has carved a life for himself, providing funding for start-up companies and selling his shares for a profit. He has tons of
Renée
Jun 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-romance
Isabel
Jul 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica, favorite-mm, m-m, ofy
Fabulous beginning, sexy and so hot!!! Loved it!
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Jun 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
L-O-V-E-D IT!!! So very much.
Katrina Passick Lumsden
This one disappointed me, and for so many reasons that it's actually kind of difficult to put them all into words. Thankfully, Dani(ela) already did it for me. Seriously, her review just sums it all up perfectly, including the reasons I liked this book, and how sweet I found a few aspects. I'm a slight fan of Cardeno C, but this one was just way too superficial to impress me.
Jaime
Jun 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
I have forever been a Cardeno C. Junkie and will buy and read anything that is released by Cardeno, this book was something however I was waiting for the audiobook! I kinda wish I had just read it. I really didn't enjoy Ron Herzig and his voice, inflection, Cadence.. Yeah I just didn't like it. I did keep listening because I wanted to finish the story, but my appreciation for the narration was nil.

A very unique story, I have to admit when I read the synopsis I thought "Oh no, Politics?!" And th
Cheryl
Jun 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manlove, arc, june-2015
This has to be my favorite gay political with a little religion thrown in, story yet! Yes I said “gay”, “religion”, and “political” in the same sentence.
No one can tell a heartwarming story quite like CC, gets quite to the heart of the matter straight from page 1 and never slows down to you see THE END.
This book has pages of witty banter between Ford and Trevor and I felt like they made an excellent couple, the religious aspects that were touched upon were worthy and necessary for the story a
Kudrat Kaur
Jun 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: a rainy day, when you just want to go "aww, how cute"
3, 5 stars

What I usually do:
1. I read a book
2. Put it on my to be reviewed list
3. Move on to my next one, and kind of forget about it.

I want to change that, in the coming year I actually want to reflect on the books I read and think about what I've just read. Did it add anything to my life? How did I feel reading it? Would I read it again? What did I like about it? What did I hate about it? Should I recommend it?

Simple Questions, and from now on - Questions I will try to answer when I review boo
Breann
Strange Bedfellows opens up with... a sexy as hell sex scene. Ah, yes.

Trevor and Ford meet and have, what Ford thinks, is an anonymous hookup, complete with awkward thank yous and goodbyes in the end. Things didn't go as he'd planned. Turns out, things weren't as anonymous as Ford thought and Trevor knew exactly who he was having sex with.

Ford is a Republican congressman who grew up around politics. It's his family business, so to speak. His family is very religious and conservative, and because
Denise - Shh Mom's Reading®
Jun 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
#loved http://amzn.to/1G0cWsd
I loved this book! From almost the moment I opened it, it hit me this is why I love CC’s writing!

This book was under 250 pages and though I usually prefer longer reads, this one so worked for me. CC managed to get so much emotion and connection for these two into this book.

As the blurb starts: Can the billionaire son of a Democratic president build a family with the congressman son of a Republican senator? Forget politics, love makes strange bedfellows……….

Tr
Leaundra
Jul 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this one. I really liked both Trevor and Ford separately but once they got together they were even better. Even though this had politics in it I still felt it didn't overtake their romance. They were so hot and sweet together.
Crissy Morris
Jun 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Review to come... *happy sigh*
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Beyond Duty (Beyond Duty, #1)
  • Loving Jay (Loving You, #1)
  • Just a Feeling
  • Diary of a Teenage Taxidermist
  • Heaven Can't Wait
  • Chance of the Heart (Chance of the Heart  #1)
  • Copping an Attitude (Sin City Uniforms, #2)
  • Going Up
  • The Articles of Release (The Release #2)
  • Control
  • Romancing the Ugly Duckling (Romancing the..., #2)
  • Spring Affair (Seasons of Love, #1)
  • Being True
  • Cold War (Cold War, #1)
  • Lovers Leap
  • Risking the Field
  • Eight Inches to Make Johnny Smile
  • What You Own
Cardeno C. - CC to friends - is a hopeless romantic who wants to add a lot of happiness and a few "awwws" into a reader's day. Writing is a nice break from real life as a corporate type and volunteer work with gay rights organizations. Cardeno's stories range from sweet to intense, contemporary to paranormal, long to short, but they always include strong relationships and walks into the happily-ev ...more
“Polished in public, tender in private, and filthy in bed—every” 1 likes