Start by marking “Mr. Miracle (Angelic Intervention, #10)” as Want to Read:
Mr. Miracle (Angelic Intervention, #10)

Mr. Miracle

(Angelic Intervention #10)

NEW YORK TIMESBESTSELLER

Belovedauthor Debbie Macomber celebrates the most wonderful time of the year in this heartwarming Christmas novel of romance, hope, and the comforts of home—coming soon as a Hallmark Channel original movie!

Harry Mills is a guardian angel on a mission: help twenty-four-year-old Addie Folsom get her life back on track—and, if the right moment
Published October 13th 2015 by Ballantine Books (first published October 7th 2014)

Start your review of Mr. Miracle (Angelic Intervention, #10)
Kat
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christmas, library-4
O Christmas books, O Christmas books… should I feel bad reading you before Turkey day? This Debbie Macomber holiday novel was short and sweet. Angels are sent to help a struggling girl, Addie, who left home six years ago without finishing high school, and has returned to get her GED. Eric, her neighbor, teased her mercilessly when they were kids. When he breaks both his wrists, and needs help, she reluctantly steps in to do the right thing.

This was definitely a slow burn, but a sweet one. Addie
Prudence
Oct 16, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was hoping for so much more from this author. The story felt too contrived and the rommance fell flat. There just seemed to be something missing in the the way they came together without enough resolusion of their past dislike.
Claire Robinson
3 - "Bring on the holiday cheer, this Scrooge has had a change of heart," Stars.

Christmas and Debbie Macomber, pretty much fit together like and hand and in a glove… perfectly in other words!

Newbie Angel-on-Earth-in-training Harry Mills, has arrived in the US, with the belief that his first mission is a bit of a doozy, getting two people together at Christmas? No problem. Harry it is safe to say is a little on the overconfident side, and neglects to take into account that humans have feelings
Ronna
Jul 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
Debbie Macomber has written another heartwarming story about angles coming to earth to help their human charges. Guardian angel, Harry Mills, is on his first mission on earth and is finding humans to be a bit of a challenge, as he has assumed that everything is kind, peaceful, and easy as times are in heaven. He's here, posing as an English teacher at the local college, so he can help Addie straighten her life out, and to hopefully find love for her also.

I always look forward to finding new
Ferne
Nov 01, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I never anticipated using the word disappointed and Debbie Macomber in the same sentence. On Debbie Macomber’s web site in the blog section, she shared on 7-Oct-2014, “It was just about this time last year when I started writing Mr. Miracle. Because the previous Hallmark Channel holiday movies adapted from my books were so well received, Hallmark wanted to bring Mr. Miracle to life on the screen for 2014.” I can easily understand why the Hallmark Channel wanted to bring Mr. Miracle to life.

Christi Snow
Jun 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My Review:
The author states in the letter at the front before this story even begins that this book is written with plans to become a Hallmark movie. That warning was nice because it felt like a Hallmark holiday movie. It's sweet and light and heartwarming, but there's not a huge amount of depth to the story, although I like the idea of it being an ongoing series featuring Harry the angel on this college campus. It would make a great on-going story like that.

Harry is a new guardian angel and
Cheryl
Sep 21, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I have read all of the Mrs. Miracle books and seen the movies. So when I saw this new book I had to check it out. The magic that I loved so much with the Mrs. Miracle books was not to be found in this book. Not even a little bit. Harry did not have the personality that I grew to love in Mrs. Miracle. Yeah, he was clumsy and learning but nothing about him was very endearing. The relationship between Addie and Erich was fine. I myself did not see or experience the sparks between them. Even though ...more
Beth
Mr. Miracle: A Christmas Novel is a sweet, engaging and endearing read.

A take on Its a Wonderful Life, Harry the guardian angel comes down to bring Addie and Erich some Christmas joy. The thing is...it Harry's first time on earth so there is lot of adjusting for Harry as well as Addie and Erich.

A perfectly light romance for holiday season, Macomber heartwarming story of holiday cheer rings all the right bells.

I received this ARC copy of Mr. Miracle: A Christmas Novel from Random House
Marilyn
Sep 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: debbie-macomber
I won a copy of Macomber's latest Christmas novel, Mr. Miracle, from The Random House Publishing Group. I hope that this is the first in a series about Harry Mills because I wanted to know more about Danny, Andrew, Dr. Conceito, and others. This was a light easy read about an angel new to Earth, just finding out about human emotions and human interactions. Much like her Shirley, Goodness, and Mercy books, this angel had unexpected difficulties dealing with life on Earth. Christmas novels tend to ...more
Bookishrealm
Before I get started on this review, I will note this is my first Debbie Macomber book. Prior to reading this book, I never really read or had interest in contemporaries, romance, or Christian fiction; however, ever since I’ve been having a lot happen in my life I’ve been looking for contemporary books that are either romance or have Christian elements. This was one that I thought I would enjoy listening to for the holidays and I was right. I actually enjoyed it more than I expected. There are a ...more
Julie
Mr. Miracle by Debbie Macomber is a 2014 Ballantine/Random House publication.

I won a copy of this book in a rafflecopter contest online. I love Debbie Macomber's books. So, I was so excited to receive this ARC in paperback.

Addie is home for the holidays because she doesn't want her mother to be alone the first Christmas after her father's passing. What Addie doesn't know is she has a guardian angel named Harry who has been assigned to her in hopes of helping her find happiness.

Thing got off
Theresa
A sweet, quick read with a touch of romance and a hint of holiday spirit... this was not a book of incredible depth but more surfaced in it’s approach; although I do think the intention was to provide a holiday read that touched the heart and that is what this book did... 3 Stars:)
☕️Kimberly
Nov 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am not big on religious novels, but Debbie Macomber’s Angelic Intervention series are magical and I enjoy devouring them around the holidays. I have read them all and have watched the movie versions on Hallmark Channel more times, than I can count. Mr. Miracle was a wonderful addition to the series and perfect for getting me in the holiday mood. At just under three-hundred pages, it is the perfect book to read by the fire this holiday season.

Harry Mills is a guardian angel posing as an English
Maggie
Oct 18, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love a Christmas book but unfortunately this one fell flat for me. It was a fast read with a story that barely skimmed the full story. I know it's already made in to a hallmark special for the holidays and I have to wonder if the book was an afterthought to the screen play. I read a little Debbie Macomber, there's no question that she is a good writer which is why I pick up her books every now and again. This book had good writing but not much depth. It's also much closer to Christian romance ...more
TL
Lovely story, miss macomber's writing is beautiful as always but I didn't love this one as much as her others and I have no idea why *puzzled*

I would still recommend, her Christmas stories have alot of heart and she has a knack for writing in this holiday genre that lifts your spirits.

**** I received this via Goodreads First reads in exchange for an honest review.
Helen
Oct 21, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
If you like the old TV series, Touched By an Angel, you might like this short novel about an angel sent to Earth to help out some frail humans. However, the TV show had a lot more depth. I don't mind a sappy story now and then, but this one was seriously shallow and sugar coma inducing.
Arlene
Dec 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another wonderful Christmas story that I absolutely enjoyed. It's been a fun holiday reading season and this was the perfect book to end with. Love...
Amy "the book-bat"
Cute story. I have seen it as a movie before and that was cute too. I would like to know more about what happened to the secondary characters, so maybe a couple sequels are in order?
Dixie
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Christmas change of heart

Debbie Macomber delivers a gentle and humorous Christmas angel story. This angel's first mission helps a returning prodigal to correct her course and she, in turn, influences a former frenemy to move into the future rather than becoming bitter over an incident in his past. Characters are true to life and we get backstory only as needed to serve the plot. I look forward to reading more of Mr. Mills' missions.
Book Concierge
Book ten in the Angels Everywhere (a.k.a Angelic Intervention) series. Harry Mills is on his first assignment on earth and he rather smugly believes he’s got it all covered. But he didn’t quite count on human emotions, and he fumbles with following the rules. It doesn’t help that his supervisor is in the body of a young barista at the local coffee shop, complete with short spiky hair “dyed the color of a pomegranate” and a diamond piercing her nose! Still, his assignment is to help ...more
Allison ༻hikes the bookwoods༺
A cute little holiday read. My first Debbie Macomber novel and I kind of liked it.
Drebbles
Sep 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
Guardian Angel Harry Mills finally has a chance to do what he has been longing for - come to earth in the form of a human in order to help a human. His first assignment is to pose as a college teacher and help Addie Folsom get her life back on track and hopefully repair her relationship with Erich Simmons. Harry feels that he is up to the task but doesn't realize that posing as a human means that he'll feel human emotions - emotions that could hurt his mission.

For the past several years, Debbie
Heidi
Oct 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this cute Christmas story by Debbie Macomber. Instead of Mrs. Merkle (a.k.a Mrs. Miracle) we have Mr. Miracle (and they are in no wise related, except being angels.) Harry Mills is on assignment to help a young lady, Addie, and her next door neighbor Erich.
The novel is a light Christmas romance where even the angel learns a few lessons. The book ended with a few loose ends that lets the reader draw their own conclusions. There was a quote from the beginning of the book that
Melissa
I really enjoyed this story! In fact, Debbie Macomber's Angel series were the first books that I read by her and I have enjoyed reading all of them!
Mr. Miracle is a Christmas themed book, but there is so much more to the story! The friendship between Addie and her next door neighbor, Erich is so sweet! They have been friends since grade school and they share alot of sweet memories together.

When Addie moves back in with her Mom, she is not sure that she wants to talk to Erich because he used to
Debbie Macomber is my favorite author. For me, the appeal of a Debbie book is that it's not about extraordinary women living glamorous lives. Her books are about real women, and people in general, who are relatable, who are living the same types of lives that her readers are living.

She knows her audience and her audience loves that Debbie loves Christmas! We wait for her annual Christmas story with great anticipation! Mr. Miracle does not disappoint.

It is a very sweet story about love and
Lorrie
Aug 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christmas
I really like Debbie Macomber's writing. This is a really sweet Christmas love story. It's a short book and I read it in one day. It was worth the read though.

I received an e-copy of this book from Net Galley in exchange for an honest review.
Emily (Falling for YA)
2.5 stars really

The novel was cheesy and cute like you want a Christmas story to be, but the characters lacked depth and the plot was slow.
Sharon Mariampillai
This was an enjoyable read. The story was sweet and intriguing. The story is about Harry, a guardian angel, who is making his first visit to earth and must help Addie and Erich get some joy back into their lives. This is actually my second Debbie Macomber book. I am trying to find more books by this author because I really like how she writes her stories. I thought Addie and Erich were great characters. They are the complete opposites of each other, but that makes a romance bloom between them. I ...more
Patricia
I enjoyed this book especially because I enjoyed the Angelic Intervention theme. I had heard that Debbie Macomber's "Angel" books were her best work, and now I can understand why. Apart from that, it is just "chick lit" which is okay if you enjoy that genre.
Elizabeth
Very heartwarming! Angels, second chances, redemption, Christmas! I am loving these angel stories of Debbie Macomber! Thank you, Jennifer!
Play Book Tag: Mr Miracle / Debbie Macomber - 2** 5 9 Dec 31, 2017 08:16AM
The Happy Housewi...: Mr. Miracle: A Christmas Novel 4 6 Jan 14, 2015 06:54AM
Have You Ever Seen An Angel? 15 68 Dec 24, 2014 02:25AM
Childhood Crushes - Have You Married Someone Whom You Disliked As A Child? 1 6 Nov 13, 2014 08:09PM

• The Bride Wore Mistletoe
  • The Christmas Light (Christmas Hope #7)
  • The Christmas Blessing (Christmas Hope, #2)
  • The Christmas Note (Christmas Hope #6)
  • The Nine Lives of Christmas
  • The Christmas Secret (Christmas Hope, #5)
  • The Christmas Town (Christmas Hope #8)
  • The Christmas Promise (Christmas Hope, #4)
  • The Christmas Journey
  • Happy and Merry: Seven Heartwarming Holiday Essays
  • The Trouble with Christmas (Christmas, Colorado, #1)
  • Thomas Kinkade's Cape Light: When Christmas Comes (Cape Light #20)
  • The Christmas Hope (Christmas Hope, #3)
  • Snowbound at Christmas (Christmas, Colorado, #5)
  • An Island Christmas
  • A Carol for Christmas (The Burke Family #1)
  • The Christmas Star (Christmas Hope #9)
  • Noel Street
Debbie Macomber is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of today’s most popular writers with more than 200 million copies of her books in print worldwide. In her novels, Macomber brings to life compelling relationships that embrace family and enduring friendships, uplifting her readers with stories of connection and hope. Macomber’s novels have spent over 1,000 weeks on the New York ...more

Angelic Intervention (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • A Season of Angels (Angels Everywhere, #1)
  • The Trouble with Angels (Angels Everywhere #2)
  • Touched by Angels (Angels Everywhere, #3)
  • Mrs. Miracle (Angelic Intervention #4)
  • Shirley, Goodness and Mercy (Angels Everywhere, #4)
  • Those Christmas Angels (Angels Everywhere, #5)
  • Where Angels Go (Angels Everywhere, #6)
  • Call Me Mrs. Miracle (Angelic Intervention #8)
  • Angels at the Table (Angels Everywhere, #7)
  • A Mrs. Miracle Christmas
“We all make mistakes. Big and small. But you don't have to let them define you forever.” 10 likes
“Humans, as attractive and awesomely created as they are, tend to believe that events occur in their lives randomly, with little or no meaning. They often overlook the obvious, that God is in control.” 7 likes