Start by marking “The Broken Clock (Deadlock Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Broken Clock (Deadlock Trilogy, #3)

The Broken Clock

(Deadlock #3)

Frank Hinkle and his friends must stop Zed from achieving his ultimate goal: saving the world.

In King's Crossing, Wisconsin, lives a nine-year-old girl who can pull on time. Residents of the town know odd details about the future, and there's a twisting tree growing in a park near the center of town.

It's here Zed has chosen to enact the final phase of his plan to defeat
Published June 15th 2015 by Six-String Books

To ask other readers questions about The Broken Clock, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Broken Clock

Connor
Mar 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller-mystery
I'm so glad that I got to read this fast-paced, exciting series. This book wraps everything really well, I think. You learn a lot about the background of Zed which was awesome and added a whole layer to the world. Definitely recommend this for people looking for a unique story with realistic characters.
Sarai
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Read this in two days!
Paul
Jul 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Video review(1.2m): https://youtu.be/I48THvRsomA

Highlights:
There aren't many well-known published authors that can pull off a complex storyline like this as well as what P. T. Hylton did. I really enjoyed this book and series. All of the answers I've been looking for were answered and they were answered really well in this third book. You can tell that Hylton spent a lot of time planning and drafting these stories to make sure everything made sense without plot holes and I respect that because
Kara
Jun 09, 2018 rated it liked it
It was all a bit anticlimactic.

Every question you ever had about the tools and Zed are answered yet there's something missing. It's a big battle to save the world from the exiles but, there's just something not quite as riveting about this book. Maybe it's the lack of suspense or the lack of mystery. There are so many explanations no stone is left unturned and sadly the mystery of it all was what I loved much in the beginning.

So yes, definitely read it. If you've got this far with the trilogy yo
Betsy Dickenson
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Normally I do not read this genre, and don't usually go for books that are part of a series. This one was well worth making an exception. If you are looking for something that is an entertaining, well written and a story outside the usual, this is a good one.

If I had the ability of one in the book, I'd give that rope a pull back...... and enjoy it all again.
Tina
This final entry in the Deadlock trilogy reminded me of the first book. It went back to semi-linear storytelling, rather than leaping around madly and constantly like that clusterfuck that was the second novel. There was still some back-and-forth, a lot of which told Zed's backstory, but not so much as to be distracting or confusing. And there's some time travel, but it added to rather than detracted from the narrative. Yet there was an anti-climactic feeling overall. The epic battle between the ...more
Lauren
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Awesome and unexpected final installment of this series. This was a highly enjoyable, well thought out story with likeable yet flawed characters. So glad I stumbled upon it and decided to give it a go. It only gets a 4 from me because of annoying typos and grammatical errors scattered throughout the books.
Kristina
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Crazy… crazy… super crazy story that I really enjoyed! It was so far out in left field which was what I needed to spice up my reading list.
This third book managed to answer all my questions regarding Zed, the exiles and what the series title Deadlock meant... plus so much more.
I must say that this is not the type of trilogy that everyone will appreciate… just glad I bought it :)
Linda
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Series

Being a teacher, I read a great deal, but especially during my summer break. I am so glad the first book in this series popped up in my suggested reading. I was hooked! Great character development! Loved Frank! Very unique and interesting cause of an apocalyptic event. The various human reactions to change were extremely well done! Read this series!!
Linda Buck
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding

I normally don't read books that continue I start the second book but get bored. I eventually finish but it takes a long time, these three flew so fast I would have read a fourth!! What a fantastic story teller. I look forward to more of his books.
Tracey Whitaker
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I very much enjoyed this trilogy. A great read for those who enjoy time travel, mystery and the unknown!
Kelly
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fantastic finale to an amazing series.
Susan
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Deadlock

This story was memorizing. Incredibly well written with fantastic characters. Truly worthwhile reading. This trilogy would make foe a really terrific movie!
Patti's Book Nook
I am sad that this trilogy is complete, but happy to hear that Hylton plans to return to a few of these characters in future stories. This installment focuses on finally defeating the enemy by forming a unified battle plan and filling in gaps regarding his modus operandi. We find out why certain locations were taken out of time, the significance, and further purposes of the tools presented in the first two books.

We also travel to Kings Cross, Wisconsin to meet some new characters who will min
Ben
Jul 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
If you're looking for a fast paced mind bending series, you've found it!

The third book in the series does not disappoint. You get to experience a new town, discover Zed's origins, including how and why he turned up in Rook Mountain naked, and meet the beings that scare him! This a perfect conclusion to a fun and very enjoyable series.
Hector Morales
Oct 23, 2016
Kathryn Osborn
Jan 06, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Shadow Prey (Time Jumper #2)
  • Reborn
  • Ashes of Foreverland (Foreverland, #3)
  • The Shadowing (Powerless, #2)
  • Time to Steele (Daggers & Steele, #3)
  • Empire (Seventeen #3)
  • Full Circle (Castings, #3)
  • Lost Innocents (Servant of the Crown Mystery, #3)
  • Convergence (The Aliomenti Saga, #7)
  • The Cydonian Pyramid (The Klaatu Diskos, #2)
  • Dark Side of the Moon (Laura Cardinal #2)
  • The Samurai's Daughter (Rei Shimura #6)
  • Soul Intent (Soul Identity, #2)
  • Origins: Centurion's Rise
  • If Loving You Is Wrong: The Shocking True Story of Mary Kay Letourneau

Deadlock (4 books)
  • Regulation 19 (Deadlock Trilogy, #1)
  • A Place Without Shadows (Deadlock Trilogy, #2)
  • The Deadlock Trilogy Box Set