Start by marking “The Skylighter (The Keepers' Chronicles, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Skylighter (The Keepers' Chronicles, #2)

The Skylighter (The Keepers' Chronicles #2)

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  705 Ratings  ·  136 Reviews
Johanna and Rafi are in a race against time to save their country before a power-mad Keeper destroys everything they hold dear in the “enthralling magical world” (Cinda Williams Chima, author of The Heir Chronicles) introduced in The Storyspinner.

As the last of the royal line, Johanna is the only person who can heal a magical breach in the wall that separates her kingdom o
Published March 22nd 2016 by Margaret K. McElderry Books

To ask other readers questions about The Skylighter, please sign up.
Yogesh Jain The last battle of the book uses a powder in the battle ( The story spinners powder - the one which Jo mentions in the first chapter of book 1) the…moreThe last battle of the book uses a powder in the battle ( The story spinners powder - the one which Jo mentions in the first chapter of book 1) the name of that powder is the name of the title of the book. The name of the powder is mentioned before the battle.

As this was the main element of last battle at mines probably the author used it. (less)
Gail Valley I would strongly recommend that you do. There are some inside things that you won't quite get unless you read the first book and there are several…moreI would strongly recommend that you do. There are some inside things that you won't quite get unless you read the first book and there are several references to instances in the first book. Plus, the first couple of chapters are hard to understand unless you read the first book. Hope this helps!(less)
YA Novels of 2016
1,234 books — 9,562 voters
Glass Sword by Victoria AveyardThe Winner's Kiss by Marie RutkoskiThe Beauty of Darkness by Mary E. PearsonCrooked Kingdom by Leigh BardugoA Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir
YA Epic Fantasy 2016
105 books — 657 voters

More lists with this book...

Ben Alderson
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
SUCH A GOOD ENDING... I KINDA WANT ANOTHER INSTALMENT.

Alyssa

Book Two of the Keepers' Chronicles
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books
Publication Date: March 22, 2016
Rating: 3 stars
Source: ARC sent by the publisher

Summary (from Goodreads):

Brittany (The Book Addict's Guide/Novelly Yours)
Initial Impressions 11/29/15: Somewhere between 4 and 4.25 stars, I think.
It was such a lovely ending to this strong, debut fantasy duology! I just loved getting to know these characters, their quests, and how they all came to work together. I just love it when an awesome cast of characters really forms this epic bond and this book was a perfect example of that. Everyone gets tangled up in one another and your heart just really goes out to all of them!
I didn't feel AS invested as I had in the
Petra
I was just going to read a few chapters of this today, and instead I blew right through it. That's how freaking awesome it was. An epic conclusion, to an epic series, and one that's going to be amongst my absolute favorites probably forever. Seriously, just go.read.now! You can thank me later..
Danielle (Love at First Page)

I could kick myself for waiting so long to read this! It's a wonderful end to the duology, with old and new characters to love (the women in this story are sooo amazingly complex), sweet romances, and almost nonstop intensity. I can't wait to read more in the future from Becky Wallace!
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
An advance copy of this title was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review. My thoughts are my own. This review can also be found at The Starry-Eyed Revue.

What a great ending! I didn't realize this was a duology until I was getting close to the end and it seemed like the story was actually going to wrap up in this book, so I checked and yep, this is the conclusion. Hallelujah for duologies! I love when an author keeps their story concise and clean and doesn't try to stretch it
Michelle
Jan 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this duology. I was very excited to read Skylighter after finishing Storyspinner early this year. I think I should have gone back and reviewed Storyspinner because I forgot a lot of details. As the book progressed I started to remember things but I forgot about a little too much so I was a little confused here and there but that is my fault for forgetting. My favorite part of this duology is the characters. I love Johanna, Rafi, Jacare, Leao, Pira, and Dom, even some of the seco ...more
Kristin Hackett (SuperSpaceChick)
Originally posted on Super Space Chick:

The Skylighter by Becky Wallace is the conclusion to The Keepers’ Chronicles duology. It picks up exactly where The Storyspinner leaves off and things have gotten pretty intense. I’ve been hearing that you’ll enjoy The Skylighter most if you re-read The Storyspinner prior to jumping back into the world. Luckily for me, I read The Storyspinner last month so the details were already very fresh in my mind and I wasn’t at all confused when I began reading. I’m
Jaime (Two Chicks on Books)
Jun 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Amazing conclusion! Wow I almost wish this wasn't a duology! I want more! I love Becky's writing and the characters and her world building! Love, love, loved this!!!
Britt
Jul 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
new my review blue

*Beware of Spoilers from The Storyspinner*

The Storyspinner was one of my favorite reads from last year. It just has that special something for me where I knew it was going to be a long time favorite. The Skylighter has kept pace with it's predecessor, The Storyspinner. This uniquely crafted, action filled tale has an enormous scope due to all the characters point of views. Although the pace feels quite jumpy at times do to multiple points of view, each character's' story has enough action th

Rachel  (APCB Reviews)
Jun 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Fans of "The Storyspinner" won't be disappointed by this satisfying conclusion to Johanna's story. Fast-paced, shocking, romantic, unexpected, and well ended are the best words to describe this book. Becky's writing has only gotten better and more suspenseful while the rotating POVs and the plotting still wow readers. I hope you'll all check out the first book in this duology, "The Storyspinner." It's an exemplary fantasy novel that you're bound to enjoy! Full review to come.
Aila
AN EPIC CONCLUSION TO A WONDERFUL FANTASY DUOLOGY.

This book BROKE MY HEART... mended it... SMASHED IT AGAIN... then warmed it up and fixed it... THEN MADE ME CRY OUT IN DISTRESS/HEARTBREAK/FEELINGS. Becky Wallace really played through my emotions all throughout it. :')

Review to come!
Katie
Jun 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Yaaaaassssssssssss

Lots of amazing ships in this book. Also, I love that this is a duology and I don't have to wait a thousand years for a finale.

This series is so much fun. I love how fast-paced it is. Highly recommended.
nick
Jul 06, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc

The Storyspinner last year was one of my favorite books, easily a 4.5 stars read. I loved the setting, the multiple POVs and the story was rich, complex and very much captivating. The Skylighter was one of my top 5 most anticipated titles of the year. I couldn't wait to be reunited with cast and see how Becky Wallace wrapped up the story. While overall, I was satisfied with the story,  I didn't think it lived up to the expectations I had.

the good

- The characterizations was as with the first book fantas

Cassie
Jun 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Skylighter by Becky Wallace is the sequel to The Storyspinner, a duology set in The Keepers’ Chronicles series.

If you love a strong heroine, a non-triangle romance, magic, and a well-developed plot, this book (and series) is for you.

At the end of The Storyspinner, the author left her readers in a dreaded awe state. I’m not going to spoil the first book, but I’m just going to tell you, there are some mouth-dropping moments and you will immediately want to read the second book.

The Skylighter p
Amber
Feb 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-release, arc
3.5 Stars

The Skylighter is non-stop action, but you really need a re-read of The Storyspinner to enjoy it to the fullest.

Plot: The Skylighter picks up right where The Storyspinner ended. Do you remember what happened? I barely did. From there, The Skylighter picks up speed and we're introduced more into the Keepers involvement with politics in Santiago. This book was very much The Keepers novel which was very interesting and at times emotional, but yet I felt that more of this storyline should
Pili
Confession time, when I requested The Skylighter, I thought it was the middle book in a trilogy, not the last book in a duology, so when I found out about that, I was a bit disappointed. I had only just started it and everything was getting more and more dire and I was as much in love with it as with the first book if not more, so I wanted more time with this story and characters!

Not to say that the book was a disappointment because it was anything but! It was action filled with a few extra twis
Tammie
3.5 stars. The Skylighter is the sequel to The Storyspinner, and I looked forward to reading it all year because the previous book ended up being a favorite. However for some reason The Skylighter didn't keep me as glued to the pages as The Storyspinner, and I had a harder time staying in the story. This could have just been my mood though, as I've slowed down in my reading lately. This happens a couple of times a year as I get busy or focused on other things and I can't keep up the same reading ...more
Take Me Away To A Great Read
Pages: 432
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books
Formats: Hardcover, eBook, audiobook
Rating: 5 Stars

I would like to thank the publisher for providing me with an advance copy for an honest review.

I love this series and this is the final book so I am going to do this review as spoiler free as possible. I do not want to ruin either books as I loved them both so much!

The Skylighter is fantastic, with fantasy, romance, and magic !!!
Angelique The Gilded Pages
Jul 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Review to come closer to release date. But rest assured, this was a satisfying end to a great two book series.

The only complaint I will voice aloud is how I really don't like the covers for either of the books. They are too cheesy and don't really do a good job at conveying the plot of the books.
Bekka
Oct 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016
Hovering around a 3.5. The POV shifts were v v rapid in this one which fudged the pacing a bit. First half was ehhhh but second half was !!!!!!!!
April
Jan 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, that is all I have for the moment. Review to come closer to release date.
Yogesh Jain
Nov 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy-romance
I liked this book a lot.. It was very different from the book 1. The author fulfilled the lack of action in the book 2.

It was a pack of romance and action. I didn't like the way that the love triangle was handled. I could see that coming but I forced myself to not believe it but I can't blame the author since it added a good deal of mystery.

What I disliked the most was the battle. It was too small a battle to consider much. The enemy was plotting for 10 years and yet he lost the battle very eas
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
This cover remains such a betrayal. Every time I see it, I just frown at it in disappointment. The book itself definitely isn’t that level of disappointment, but it didn’t quite live up to The Storyspinner for me.

The main problem, I think, is how short this book is. Basically everything felt rushed: the plot, the romantic resolutions. On the one hand, it did actually make the book pretty impossible to put down since something intense was always happening, but I think the novel could have benefit
Charlotte
Jan 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Actual: 3.5 stars

The Storyspinner was by far one of the best books I've read in 2015. It wasn't perfect particularly in the world building and plot but its characters, the ships, the classic fairy tale feel and the premise certainly compensated for what it lacked. So it was only expected that the second book, Skylighter, was one of my awaited books this 2016. And what can I say, it was still wonderful but I wish that there was more.

Considering that the Keepers' Chronicles is a fantasy and that
Cassi
Shelves: owned-arcs
Excuse me while I attempt to rein in my emotions because I absolutely loved this series. It is the perfect duology and such a creative YA fantasy. And The Skylighter was a brilliant read and an epic conclusion.

One of the most brilliant things about this book is the world. It's such a unique and interesting world that feels familiar and creative at the same time. In this book we learn more about the history of the world and the magic. It was so amazing to see the elemental magic in affect and tha
Megan
May 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars. I do like the magical world Mrs. Wallace created. I think I would have enjoyed the sequel more had I just finished the first book; there are so many complex characters and complicated relationships that it is easy to get lost. To be fair, if I didn't read quite so much, I probably could have gotten right back into it, but 50 or so books between makes for easily forgetting details.
Love the layers of literary devices; characters who battle within themselves, battle nature, gods, and ot
Nancy
May 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
This second book in The Keepers’ Chronicles is as exciting at the first story, with Johanna and Rafi dodging enemies to make it to the Wall where they must reestablish the magical barrier. Opposing them are mages with powers that surpass theirs and mind slaves who will kill at command. Can they accomplish their task, collecting allies along the way, without Rafi making the ultimate sacrifice to reenergize the Wall with his life force? This fast-paced fantasy tale will hold your interest as you r ...more
Lia
Jun 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm so excited for this one! But why are the covers for these books so hideous? I just wish they'd reflect the fantastic content . . .

UPDATE: I've finished it -- perfect yet realistic ending. Wouldn't mind a Dom novella, or another book, though. (The prettiest of pleases)

The characters have grown more complex, the stakes raised, the romance more swoony. All the points, 100%, 10 points to Wallace.
Madison
May 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
A second book in the series, I felt it wrapped things up nicely and gave characters the chance to grow. Magical elements, wars, spies, lost royalty, love, and sacrifice. I loved reading this book and would recommend it as short series to read.
  • The Fallen Kingdom (The Falconer, #3)
  • Siren's Song (Storm Siren, #3)
  • The Mirror King (The Orphan Queen, #2)
  • The Fairy Realm (Fairy Realm, #1-6)
  • Fall of Thrones and Thorns (Threats of Sky and Sea, #3)
  • Untitled (Guardians of Tarnec, #3)
  • Given to the Sea (Given Duet, #1)
  • Bound by Blood and Sand (Bound by Blood and Sand #1)
  • The Crimson Skew (The Mapmakers Trilogy, #3)
  • Into the Bright Unknown (The Gold Seer Trilogy, #3)
  • Demigods of Olympus: An Interactive Adventure
  • Legacy of Secrets (Kingdom Keepers: The Return, #2)
  • The Immortal Throne (Into the Dark, #3)
  • Caradoc of the North Wind (Destiny's Path #4)
  • The Wooden Prince (Out of Abaton #1)
  • If the Magic Fits (100 Dresses, #1)
  • The Dragon's Price (Transference, #1)
  • Fist of the Furor (Scribes of Medeisia #3)
In second grade, Becky Wallace had to sit in the corner because she refused to write anything besides princess stories and fairy tales (and because she talked too much). Her time in isolation gave her plenty of opportunities to dream up the fantasy worlds she's been dabbling with ever since. She was lucky enough to find her own, real-life prince charming. They have four munchkins and live in a hap ...more
More about Becky Wallace

The Keepers' Chronicles (2 books)
  • The Storyspinner (The Keepers' Chronicles, #1)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Childhood's End
  • The Mirror
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Voyage to Magical North (The Accidental Pirates)
    $5.67 $2.99
  • Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • That Hideous Strength: (Space Trilogy, Book Three) (The Space Trilogy 3)
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Swords and Deviltry (Lankhmar, 1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Garden of Stones (Echoes of Empire, #1)
  • Dracula [Kindle in Motion]
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Dark Tower: And Other Stories
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Stinger
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Out of the Silent Planet (Space Trilogy, #1)
    $5.74 $1.99
  • Extracted (Extracted Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Spirit Hunters
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Loved (House of Night Other World #1)
    $11.00 $0.99
  • The Terranauts
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Brilliance (Brilliance Saga, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Better World (Brilliance Saga, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • Ocean of Storms
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Sword of Shannara Trilogy (Shannara, #1-3)
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Artful
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chains of Command (Frontlines, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Chocolate Touch
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Mama Day
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
  • Infinite
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Boundary Lines (Boundary Magic, #2)
  • The Mermaid's Sister
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Born (Boundary Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Blood Kissed (Lizzie Grace, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • Celia and the Fairies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunter's Trail (Scarlett Bernard, #3)
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Ticker
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)