Start by marking “My Book of Bible Stories” as Want to Read:
My Book of Bible Stories

My Book of Bible Stories

4.53  ·  Rating details ·  777 Ratings  ·  73 Reviews
Its 116 Bible accounts appear in the order of their historical occurrence. The book is especially designed for young children, yet everyone can benefit from the book’s more than 125 beautiful illustrations.
Published 2004 by Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc. (first published January 1st 1978)

Mike Pence
May 04, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Start brainwashing them when they are young, right?
WillJ
Jul 31, 2009 rated it it was amazing
One of my best childhood reading experiences! I still remember
being transported to a different world with the words and the illustrations in that shiny, new, yellow book from the barrel..ah the nostalgia, one of my aunt's best gifts ever.
Kaelah
Oct 09, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is pretty much where I got all my biblical knowledge from. I still know a lot more than most of my school mates.
Jawe Querimit
May 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
My mother used this book to teach me how to read and I'm glad she did. While some of my playmates were reading stories about the Little Mermaid, Cinderella, Peter Pan, and other fairy tales, I was reading stories about Abraham, Moses, Noah, Jonah and other bible characters who faithfully served the only true God.

This book deserves a perfect rating. It can help parents in inculcating moral values in the hearts of their children.
LUCILLE
May 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing
a must read for everyone, regardless of age
Ama
Jan 26, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
awww!!! childhood memories. I grew up with this book.I just stumble on it now online and decided to buy for future use ( for my children yet unborn )isn't that funny ?
G
Aug 22, 2013 rated it did not like it
Mind pollution for children used to start applying twisted logic of Jehovah's Witnesses to their mind and implant a fear of displeasing the Watchtower organization.

Do not let children read this rubbish.
Amy
Mar 22, 2009 rated it it was amazing
One of my favourite childhood books! It holds so many memories. My parents used to read it to me before I went to bed, and often I'd fall asleep listening to the accompanying tapes.
Miriam Pereira
Sep 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I read this to my younger bible students and they love it cause they learn so much, and the pictures are so beautiful. i remember reading this when i was younger and i loved it. It helps you understand the basics stories of the bible.
Barbara
Apr 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing
"What I appreciated most about this book when I first read it as a child was that it put the entire Bible in chronological order, including events in the lifetime of Jesus. It made the Bible--an admittedly difficult book for a child to read, let alone understand--more understandable."

Aketzle
Aug 14, 2015 rated it did not like it
Hmmm...something tells me JWs flooded the website to leave positive reviews of their own books, because virtually no one else would do so.
Chris.wells
If you're looking to read yourself into atheism, begin here.
Debbie Ruryk
Jun 30, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Nobody
This is a review for the 1978 version.

Obey or die! Is that the message you want your child to have? Due to the graphic photos in this book, I don't recommend it for children. When I was growing up, I was permitted only to read literature distributed this publisher and was not allowed to read any other literature unless it was for a public school assignment. When this book came out, I can remember how the younger members were overjoyed to finally have a publication for kids. I can remember how s
Melissa Waters
Apr 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Read the scriptures at bottom of pages and you'll see that these stories are accurately presented.
Matt
Dec 27, 2016 rated it did not like it
Taken literally, as it's intended, this is a one star. But, it's a fun read for a thinking adult just because the stories are obviously, absurdly untrue.
Kalen Rees
Feb 12, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fiction, cult
This book is not suitable for children, it has very violent imagery.
Clint
Apr 17, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Clint by: My parents
I grew up reading this book every day when I was little. I do realize that it was not wtiten by "God"...as is credited on goodreads. The artwork is pretty amazing. A funny story...when asked by an elder, "Who died in the great flood?" I replied, "the elephants" because of a drawing depicting a wooly mammoth outside the ark in the rain. That was some extreme artistic license on the part of the illustrator I would say.
MariaN
Jun 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book is specifically designed to educate young people about good morals and teach them how to apply the basic teachings of the Holy Scriptures. The stories were based on the Bible. Full colored pictures and well-written contents.
Nataytay
Jul 17, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED reading this when I was little and it really helped me understand things better!
Molly
Sep 22, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone!
Wonderful for young children and old to help them learn abut God.
Kim
Jan 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: theocratic
One of my favorite books as a child and even now I reread it occasionally. I remember receiving it at the District Convention of Jehovah's Witnesses in Memphis, TN.
Marts  (Thinker)
Mar 11, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: religious
This was a most wonderful childhood christian story book, I think most kids I knew back then owned one
Vigilante
Jan 13, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: religion
Beautifully illustrated and put together, this publication is perfect for children. Great for bedtime!
Ebony
Oct 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children
Loved this book as a kid. Made the bible stories and their lessons very clear to me as a child. I remember it being an absolutely enjoyable reading experience.
Nina
Jul 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The gratuitous violence and sex scenes in this book are must for every 4 year old - they have fuelled my nightmares and fantasies for quarter of a century - not as good as the Armageddon book!
Paul
Oct 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: relatos
Leí este libro de niño, y me gustó tanto que lo leía una y otra vez. Y hasta empecé a leer la biblia (por partes) gracias a este libro, porque tenía la impresión que la biblia era como este libro pero con esteroides, o sea más gordo, con las historias con más detalles.
Las impresiones que me dejó:
- En el jardín del Edén los leones son vegetarianos.
- A dios no le gustaba que Caín fuera agricultor y vegetariano, por eso le hacia desplantes, y prefería las ofrendas de corderos degollados de Abel, qu
Kaynil
Oct 17, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: kids, people interested in the Bible main tales
Recommended to Kaynil by: A neighbour, same one that gave me the copy.
Shelves: infante
It was a very enjoyable reading, the old and new testament core tales being narrated in a easy to understand language. I read this book over and over when I was a kid.

Only when I grew up I realized some chapters are biased and there is a lot more the stories here and many happenings during and between many of this that are taken out in order to make the message clear. It did a good job. I probably know most of Bible tales (specially old testament) because of it.

I had the long print version. The
Jared
Feb 13, 2017 rated it did not like it
This book is highly disturbing for children. I was raised on this book and am still haunted by some of the stories it contains. Since Jehovah's Witnesses are a high control cult, most of the stories are geared toward instilling fear in a child so that they behave properly so as not to receive gods judgement. The book tells actual stories that happen in the bible, so of course murder and death are commonplace throughout, depicted not just in word but also in graphic illustrations. I would not rec ...more
Aletheia
Feb 13, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: cult-books
this book gave me nightmares as a child. but it used to be a yellow cover. Indoctrination knows no age. but anyone that has truly read the Bible and thinks it is appropriate for children also thinks Dina being raped was her fault... oh wait. yeah, that's in this book. enjoy reading to your little one about rape, victim blaming and murder.
Norma Gregory
May 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I remember my mom reading this to me when I was little.A wonderful book, full with a collection of short biblical stories. Each story is summarized and told, using the main points of the topic. An easy read for all ages!
What do you think about the book and what is your favorite story in it? 4 15 Mar 07, 2013 09:00AM
  • Facing the Lion: Memoirs of a Young Girl in Nazi Europe
  • Lord, Change Me!
  • Life Colors: What the Colors in Your Aura Reveal
  • Bobby Flay's Throwdown!: More Than 100 Recipes from Food Network's Ultimate Cooking Challenge
  • American Dietetic Association Complete Food and Nutrition Guide
  • The Bugalugs Bum Thief
  • Mindfulness for Dummies
  • D.I.Y. Delicious: Recipes and Ideas for Simple Food from Scratch
  • The Ultimate Diet 2.0. Advanced Cyclical Dieting for Achieving Super Leanness.
  • The Together Teacher: Plan Ahead, Get Organized, and Save Time!
  • How The Camel Got His Hump (Just So Story Series)
  • A Love Affair With Southern Cooking: Recipes And Recollections
  • Snakes! (National Geographic Readers)
  • Creating Web Pages For Dummies
  • The Enchanted Horse
  • Cooking Basics for Dummies
  • Living Paleo for Dummies
  • Practical English Language Teaching: Young Learners
The Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania is a nonprofit corporation formed in 1884 under the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, U.S.A. It is used by Jehovah’s Witnesses to support their worldwide work, which includes publishing Bibles and Bible-based literature.

According to its charter, the corporation’s purposes are “religious, educational, and charitable,” in particular, to
More about Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society...

Nonfiction Deals

• Death by Living: Life Is Meant to Be Spent
    $4.99 $1.99
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Decisive: How to Make Better Choices in Life and Work
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Creativity, Inc.: Overcoming the Unseen Forces That Stand in the Way of True Inspiration
    $14.99 $2.99
  • The Other Wes Moore: One Name, Two Fates
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Bobby Kennedy: The Making of a Liberal Icon
    $12.99 $1.99
  • The Tao of Bill Murray: Real-Life Stories of Joy, Enlightenment, and Party Crashing
    $11.99 $2.99