Start by marking “Annette Lyon Collection: Our Song / Golden Sunrise / Firsts and Lasts” as Want to Read:
Annette Lyon Collection: Our Song / Golden Sunrise / Firsts and Lasts

Annette Lyon Collection: Our Song / Golden Sunrise / Firsts and Lasts

The ANNETTE LYON COLLECTION contains brand new contemporary romance novella OUR SONG, as well as five hand-picked readers’ and reviewers’ favorites of Annette’s popular Timeless Romance Anthology novellas. Readers will love this selection of three contemporary and three historical romance novellas.

In OUR SONG, a charming romance novella, Cassie and Matt have been dating i
ebook, A Timeless Romance Anthology, 350 pages
Published July 3rd 2015 by Mirror Press

To ask other readers questions about Annette Lyon Collection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Annette Lyon Collection

Start your review of Annette Lyon Collection: Our Song / Golden Sunrise / Firsts and Lasts
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
If you have been reading the Timeless Romance Series, you will be familiar with Annette Lyon. She has contributed to many collections and her novellas are always fantastic. In this book all her novellas are compiled into one place, which is awesome!

There is a new novella, "Our Song" in addition to those novellas found in previous collections. I actually hadn't read Golden Sunrise either so that one was new to me. All the other novellas are ones I have read before (and really liked).

Our Song was
Melanie
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm not caught up on all the anthologies that contain Annette Lyon's works, so I had only read one of these stories before, WAR OF HEARTS, which was even better the second time around. I loved this entire collection! There was such a variety and each felt so different that it was hard to tell they were written by the same author.

It started strong with OUR SONG. Cassie and Matt had been dating for two years and after Cassie met up with some college friends and listened to their glamorous lives, s
Heather
Jun 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historical, romance
This collection contains some of my favorite novellas by Annette Lyon, including the brand new story OUR SONG. I think A TASTE OF HOME is my all-time favorite, but the others create a wonderful blend of both contemporary and historical romances.
Mara
May 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a collection of Annette Lyon's novellas from the Timeless Romance Anthology series, so if you're one of her fans this is a way to get them all in one place. All of these are clean romances.

OUR SONG is a new novella in this collection. Cassie and Matt have been dating for a couple of years, and they both work at Yellowstone. She meets up with a couple of the girls from college and when they start talking about being engaged and how their boyfriends proposed--trails of rose petals leading
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
***4.5 stars***

This is a wonderful collection of short stories! Each of the stories have very different settings. The stories range from contemporary to historical. I had only read one of the six stories before reading this collection. It was great to see new stories from this wonderful author!

I do not think I could pick out a favorite story. I liked how some dealt with misunderstanding or finding out what real love really means. Others focused on one walking away from love thinking they were no
Alisa
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love anthology collections and I have always loved Annette Lyon's contributions to those anthologies so I jumped on the chance to review an anthology of her stories. I had already read 5 of the 6 stories when they were published in different collections, but I still enjoyed reading them the second time around.

Our Song (I had never read this before so I'm not sure if it is original to this collection or if I missed reading a collection)
Cassie has been dating Matt for a few years. Together they
Fay Roberts
Aug 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-for-review
It takes a lot of skill for an author to create characters you are invested in and a plot that is enthralling and complete in as few a words as are contained in a novella - a fact many romance critics often overlook when dismissing the genre as a whole. Fortunately for readers Annette Lyon possesses this skill; I think I will be referring critics to this anthology next time I have the skill argument (happens surprisingly often.......)

In this collection of short romances Lyon captures the innocen
Katie W
Jun 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I've read most of these Timeless Anthologies and it's often very hard to choose a favorite, since they're written by some of my favorite authors. I think it's a brilliant idea to compile a specific author's works into one book!

Although I've read most of these stories before, it was so much fun to reread them. I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed the love letters in Between the Lines. The poetry and eloquent speaking was so romantic! The insta-attraction and adventures between Dani and Mark in Firsts
Rob Savage
Jul 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This collection of Annette Lyon stories is one of the best yet. I love all the Timeless Romance Anthologies. Annette outs out her best in this collection. I loved the new stories. The characters were real and experienced real feelings and consequences related to their choices. In OUR SONG, I loved the lesson about perception and what is real love and what that feels like. In GOLDEN SUNRISE, I really liked that they made the right choices. I was a little worried for a minute, but I should not hav ...more
Brooke -Brooke's Books
Jul 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Annette Lyon has written stories in each of A Timeless Romance Anthology Collections. I have never read any of her other books (of course I have them on my to read list!). This collection was all stories by her from the other collections, except for the first one which was a new story.

Having read all of the other collections, the other stories were familiar to me. However, I enjoyed reading them again, especially since many of them I read a long time ago.

I really enjoyed the new story, Our Song
Cheri
Jul 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
What a fun idea, to combine an author’s works from the previous anthologies into one—plus a bonus, new story. I loved OUR SONG! It’s so easy to get caught up in an idea of what you want and completely miss what you already have. What a timely message.

The other stories were like a trip down memory lane for me, full of the warmth and wit and fun that I’ve come to expect from Annette Lyon’s stories. This is an anthology I could read again and again.
Amy
Jun 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A Timeless Romance Anthology: Annette Lyon Collection is a wonderful collection of stories. I have not read anything by Annette Lyon and I enjoyed every one of the stories in this collection. My favorites were War of Hearts and Between the Lines.
Great book! Highly recommended!
Five stars
Rachel
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
See my complete review at http://www.smilingbookreviews.blogspo....

OUR SONG - Cassie and Matt have been dating for two years and things are, well, average. When Cassie meets up with two college friends
M R
Jun 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
It is a great idea to have an anthology dedicated to a specific author for those who love the A Timeless Romance collection. I had read a couple of the stories in this one, but many were from anthologies I haven't had a chance to look at yet. I enjoyed all of them.

Our Song

This story had to be one of my favorites in this collection. Matt and Cassie's relationship was so adorable. I loved how they find joy and peace in the simple things, and connect so well together. It was an interesting compari
Julia Lance
Jul 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love Annette's books. The are so light hearted and clean. They are books I love sharing with both my Mother and my Daughter. She always writes in a way any age will love her stories. I was given this book in exchange for an honest review so here they are:

Our song
I loved this novella and I love visiting Yellowstone. Cassie found herself trying to compare her relationship with Matt to the one her friends were trying to make her believe they had. My favorite part of this story was: “Even hidden b
Sydney
Jul 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Award winning author Annette Lyon has written over a dozen novels, including this well-loved novella in this collection, including six wonderful crafted stories—three contemporary fiction and three historical fiction. Each story is its own with enjoyable plots and pleasurable characters. In her contemporary novellas, Annette takes us from Yellowstone, to Las Vegas, to New York, experiencing these different places, while in her historical novels she gives us a taste of Finland and the Winter War ...more
Tara
Jul 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review
4.5--This was a good collection of novellas...but only one new story that hasn't been included in other Timeless Romance Anthologies.
The new one, Our Song was great. It showed how sometimes we get these ideas in our heads of how "romantic" our significant other should be. We can get these notions from movies, books, or even how others portray their own relationships. But it's one thing when we only see other couples' highlight reels. That's not the whole picture. And the grass definitely isn't
Sheila
Jul 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love the Timeless Romance Anthologies. The novellas have grown on me, and I look forward to having short stories to read when I don't have a lot of time.

In this anthology, author Annette Lyon has written all six of the novellas. The first one is brand new and the other five novellas are some of her best from other anthologies. The first three novellas are contemporary and the last three are historical fiction. It's really hard to pick just one that stood out for me, because there was somethin
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
"Our Song" 5 stars
"Golden Sunrise" 4 stars
"Firsts and Lasts" 4 stars
"War of Hearts" 4 stars
"Between the Lines" 5 stars
"A Taste of Home" 5 stars

So many great stories in this collection! My favorite one was the new novella, Our Song, since it made me cry just a little bit from the emotion of the story. It really kind of caught me off guard that I connected with the characters so much, but it was wonderfully written. I had read the other two contemporary stories in the collections they were publish
Shauna
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE books like this!

Short, sweet stories--giving you a chance to read quickly--or longly as the case may be :) Take a few minutes to relax and leave your world behind and look into the thoughts and feelings of the characters. Read one chapter at a time or skip around or read from cover to cover. This is your book to discover the feelings of fun love. But I warn you--you will not want to put it down!

What a great tribute to Annette Lyon's writing!
A MUST-READ!

Reviews of each individual novella
Liz Stone
Jul 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
This was the first Timeless Romance Anthology that I've read. I've enjoyed so many others of Annette Lyon's books that I couldn't wait to dive in. I enjoyed the unique settings and fun clean romance stories. My favorite stories in the collection where Firsts and Last and A Taste of Home. With Our Song, the new novella set in Yellowstone, following closely behind.

Though I didn't enjoy the other three novellas as much as those, they were still well worth reading. If you are looking for a light an
Nari
Jun 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a collection of novellas by Annette Lyon. The first novella was a new one called Our Song. I really enjoyed this one. It was about discovering what love really is. Cassie's two friends from college come to visit and she hears all about their romances and proposals and feels like something is missing in her relationship with Matt her boyfriend. She learns that things aren't always what they seem. The other five novellas are from different romance anthology collections. They are all very g ...more
Nashellej
Jul 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love clean, exciting, real romances!

Three contemporary romances and three historical romances. So much romance! So little book! But the perfect amount of each to make this a fabulous read. Annette Lyon is a fabulous author who writes stories that are short, sweet, and to the point. I love her writing style and her characters. Each story is unique with the wonderful theme of love running through and tying them all together. This was such a fun collection to read.
Jul 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
What great stories! I enjoyed all of them. It was easy to get drawn into them. I found all the characters very likable. The only thing I didn't like was that the stories weren't long enough, they left you wanting more! ...more
Tenille
Jun 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Some of these stories I'd read before, but some were new to me! I enjoyed them, they are short and sweet and I fall in love with the characters so quickly! Great collection!! ...more
Shirley
Jan 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
No matter the setting or time period they are immensely endearing.

The author is one of the best I've read, when it comes to an ideal short story/novella. The perfect character development and story progression. One might not think they care to read a story based on WWII in Finland, up until they start reading it. I also thoroughly enjoyed the Male perspective in these stories as well, Thomas and Will are "some of the best men."
Elda
Jan 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My first read by Annette Lyon was in Silver Bells, another Timeless Romance Anthology, and I was very delighted with her story, A Taste of Home. I immediately picked up this anthology as I knew I liked her writing style if that was any indication. I was not disappointed. As a matter of fact I was totally enchanted. Ms Lyon is now my knew favorite author. I will not hesitate to read any other books by her.
Michelle Call
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Safe. Fun. Creative. Romantic.

In a world where vulgarity and promiscuity is the norm, these short stories are not only thoughtful and romantic but safe for those of us who relish a good romance without the "worldly" aspect. I thoroughly enjoyed the stories written with kindness and compassion. Thank you for the entertainment!
Steph
Jul 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
The first and last stories were new to me but the rest I had previously read. I was a little disappointed to have so many stories that were previously published in other books in this series. However, I still love them! Annette Lyon creates beautiful novellas and this was a great collection of them.
Elizabeth S
Only one story is new--the others are repeats from earlier Timeless Romance collections.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Lakeshire Park
  • Forget Me Not (The Gents #1)
  • Rakes and Roses (Mayfield Family #3)
  • Midsummer Night (A Timeless Romance Anthology)
  • The Best-Laid Plans
  • The Girl Who Lived
  • A Proper Charade
  • A Man Worth Shaving For (Shaped By Love #1)
  • Hitching the Pitcher (Belltown Six Pack #1)
  • Rescuing Lord Inglewood (Inglewood #1)
  • A Secret Arrangement
  • The Lady and the Highwayman (The Dread Penny Society #1)
  • My Fair Lacey & A Perfect Fit (Echo Ridge Romance)
  • The Gentleman and the Thief (The Dread Penny Society #2)
  • Promised
  • Flirting With First (Belltown Six Pack, #5)
  • Oh, Keep Your Shirt On (Shaped By Love #2)
Annette Lyon is a USA Today bestselling author, an 8-time recipient of Utah’s Best in State medal for fiction (three times for novel-length works and five times for short fiction), and a Whitney Award winner for BAND OF SISTERS. She's the author of over a dozen novels, at least that many novellas, a cookbook, a popular grammar guide, and over a hundred magazine articles.

She’s a founder and regula

News & Interviews