Start by marking “Rush: A New Adult College Romance (Palm South University, #1)” as Want to Read:
Rush: A New Adult College Romance (Palm South University, #1)

Rush: A New Adult College Romance (Palm South University #1.1-1.6)

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  775 Ratings  ·  173 Reviews
Written like your favorite drama television show, the Palm South University series has been called "a mix of Greek meets Gossip Girl with a dash of Friends." Follow seven college students as they maneuver unrequited love, teacher/student romance, the tangles of “no strings” relationships, love triangles and more. Each “season” has six “episodes,” and just like when your f ...more
Published February 8th 2016 (first published August 25th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Rush, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rush

Christy
Jul 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-four-stars
⭐⭐⭐⭐
Drama. Sex. Lies

Palm South by Kandi Steiner is one of those addictive reads you don't want to put down! It centers around seven college students that are all in sororities and fraternities. I already knew about some of these characters, seeing as I've read Skyler's stand-alone book Black Number Four, so it was a lot of fun for me! I'm glad I made time for this one and I can't wait to read season two!
Whitney
Have you ever picked up a book and immediately knew that it wasn't for you? I am ashamed to say that I put this book on my imaginary "Nope." shelf a few years ago. Anything that promises me to read like a TV drama makes me want to seek professional help. I have seen The OC and I do not want to read that in book form. Drama. Lies. Sex. Uh, no thank you.

Everything changed when I realized that this is written by the lovely Kandi Steiner. She has written two books that have really had an impact on
Jacqueline's Reads
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-books, college, ku

I went into this book without knowing anything except that it was about university and the Greek life.

You know that show Gossip Girls? Not the books because I never read the book, but I LOVED that show, this book reminds me of it.

I HIGHLY recommend reading the boxset. I think each book is like a little novella and there are 6? This combines each one and it makes for easy reading.

I had no idea there would be 7 POV’s and to my surprise it’s not hard to follow. I usually have a hard time in followi
Kandi Steiner
Jun 05, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Read this book for FREE! Just sign up for my newsletter at bit.ly/NewsletterKS and I'll send you Rush to read for FREE. This is your chance to dive into the Palm South University series at absolutely NO cost to you. Join the addiction!

Legacy, book 4 in the Palm South University series, is now available! This is your time to binge read and get caught up. The ENTIRE SERIES is included with your Kindle Unlimited subscription. Get your summer binge read on!

★ Rush, PSU #1 ➔ amzn.to/2IBgEQX
★ Anchor,
Amanda NEVER MANDY
This was a quick and easy read about drop-dead gorgeous college students randomly hooking up while being the bestest of friends on the planet for each other. My college experience was quite a bit different from that. Most of my time was spent actually going to class and studying, not drinking and screwing everything in sight. I doubt I would have finished college if I had went after it like these characters did. You can’t have a mind full of what total hottie am I going to bang next when you are ...more
♥ britt (Blissfully-Read) ♥
Since Ari and I did a big series review on this series I'm just going to link the post for everyone to check out and read!!

The New Romantics: Palm South University Series Review

Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
**** 5 Cranky Stars ****

Episode 1, centers around Cassie and Paris who have finally arrived at Palm South University.

Paris can't wait to pledge, but Cassie isn't too sure it's the right path for her.

What is set in motion is an exciting new year, where students embrace the unwritten motto of Palm South University: drama, sex, and lies.

Kandi Steiner pulls you into this series and makes you feel like you're watching a TV series... The stories are short, but keep you hanging for more.

I can't wait
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 4 / 5 stars

As my first Kandi Steiner book and with all the hype around her work, I was expecting something more to be honest... but still really enjoyed it. I'm a sucker for reality tv and all the drama and this is it in a book.
I'm typically not much of a fan of multiple POVs and it was weird for me at first but in this case it is necessary to get the whole picture of everyone's lives. I can't wait to see what's next!

Also, am I the only one that has wanted Cassie and Adam since the very
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
Holy smokes Batman this series is off to a great start! I love how it’s written and I feel like I’m sitting and binge watching my favorite show! Now I have gotten a little lost with bigs and littles but that’s because all the steam and angst have me on a natural high! Can’t wait to read on and find out what happens next!
Yanilsa Griffin~BFD Bookblog
*Book gifted by author in exchange for an honest opinion*
I actually requested this book, because the blurb interested me. This is also my first "serial" so, I am sorry, if my review isnt typical for serials.
This series covers 7 different characters and their experience in college. The book/books reads like a tv series, which I believe was the intention. The books read a bit like gossip girls meets, pretty little liars meets Wild things. There were some characters that were more interesting than
latte lily
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Rush by Kandi Steiner is an addictive read like no other. Filled with drama, love, and lies, this is a book you won’t have the ability to put down once you commence reading it. If you’re a fan of television shows such as Gossip Girl and Greek, then this is a book you can’t miss out on.

Those who plan on attending South Palm University are getting ready for the new year, which means it’s time for the notorious rush season. Following seven college students, y
Jennifer Juers
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book!! Actually, more than I thought I would because I haven't read that many college books, but now I'm hooked and cannot wait to start season two's box set!

Palm South University has it all!
New Friendships: Check
Friendships on the rocks: Check
Lies: Check
Drama: Check
Sex: Check
Parties: Check

Seriously I feel like I'm watching Jersey Shore, Party Down South or Siesta Key on a much better level! There's so much goodness going on that you can't help but get sucked in!

Highly recommend!
Keya
I really enjoyed this! I thought it would be so confusing having several character pov's but it was actually a delight getting to know these characters. it was exactly like you see on tv shows. Each character has a storyline which somehow entwines with other characters so it's never confusing.

I'M very excited to see (read) what happens next! Time to 'binge watch' season 2!
Laci
I'm just out on this.

just a few too many characters for me.

I'm older so my memory is not the best and I was losing track.

Demi
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My Rating: 4.5 stars

This is my first time reading one of Kandi's books, and I think it's safe to say that this won't be my last. I absolutely loved this book! I need to order season 2 as soon as possible.
Beneath The Covers Blog
Feb 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sonal, arcs, 2016-reads
3.5 Stars!

WHOA!!! Kandi Steiner did not lie when she said Drama. Sex. Lies.

The book did not disappoint. It had everything you could imagine. Like a TV series, you could see the drama unfold. And, Lord the secrets are just juicy. I think my favorite character till now is Skyler. This was a really quick read and I was absolutely 100% engrossed. I can not wait to see how all the stories unfold. I was a bit skeptic how this would go but let me assure you this book is absolute FUN.
~Sonal
Mo (The Scarlet Siren)
What a delicious guilty pleasure this is turning out to be!
Kelly (Simply Kelina) C.
Drama. Sex. Lies

I love college romances, so when one of my favorite YT recommended this I knew I had to give it a try. I flew through this as it really was addicting.

I am not normally a fan of multiple point of views. All of the characters were connected within each others stories, so it worked for me. I loved learning about each of the characters as they all really did have their own story to tell. I liked some more than others, but still found myself loving them all. I loved seeing the friends
GG
A princípio achei o formato interessante: o livro é dividido em episódios, como em um seriado. Completo, seria a primeira temporada.

Desde o começo a multiplicidade de focos narrativos me incomodou um pouco, mas pra quem acompanha GoT e seus 90737217173 de personagens, pensei dane-se,

E fui lendo. E fui me arrependendo...os personagens são vazios e iguais. Mesmo aqueles que apelam para a peninha do leitor, em razão de terem tido uma vida mais difícil, não têm profundidade.

Minha face lendo:

Definiti
Jessica
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Going into this one, it was pitched to me as binging your favorite TV show on Netflix. Now, after reading PSU, I could not find a better way to explain it!

Palm South University is gearing up for another school year, which means it's time for rush season. In other words? Parties and hookups galore with relationships and friendships forming and breaking within the blink of an eye. Seven students learn to forget their lives at home while losing themselves in the vices college has to offer.

Normall
Julia
Jul 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was so fun and easy to read.
I loved all the drama that was going on and it never felt like too much.
The only thing that I wasnt a fan of were the many POVs we had going on here. It felt like you didnt get to really know the characters cause it was always just one chapter by them and then it switched. Also it felt like I was missing a huge chung of what was going on like this since the storyline never picked up where it left off in the last chapter.
Otherwise the writing was great and I felt
Lori
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
PSU reads like your favorite tv series, each season ending in a cliff hanger. The story is told from the POV of 7 co-ed's and follows their activities on campus and within fraternity/sorority life, so it's chalk full of sexy fun and some very tough lessons. I found myself envious of the friendships and sense of family shared through Greek life. I binge read season 1-3 over the past few days to realize season 4 is not yet out... Gah! Dying here!
Nicole Lynn Hoefs
I really enjoyed this one! I’m giving it 4.5 out of 5 stars. This review is for an ARC, and reflects my honest opinion.

This is my first book by this author, but definitely not my last! I absolutely adored this. There was just enough drama and intrigue to keep me reading, and wanting more. This has multiple POVs, and I found myself enjoying them all. They were unique enough for me, which is always something necessary in my opinion when you’re in multiple heads.

I wasn’t very surprised by anything
Courtney Brown
Dec 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I honestly fell like this should be a tv show there is so much drama!! It took me a bit to actually get into this one just because there are so many characters with different things going on and it’s takes a while to get to know all the individuals and to keep up with all the webs but once I got there I know I’ll need me more
Amanda
Jul 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars! :)

This was SO much fun!

And talk about unique! Who knew you could write a dramatic tv series in book form!? Well Kandi Steiner nailed it!! I swear I love anything she writes.

I'm such a junkie when it comes to reality TV and my favorite series was Laguna Beach, this totally reminds me of that with all the characters and the hot gossip!

So excited to read the next box series in this college drama full of secrets, lies and just all around juiciness!
Marissa Chavez
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
KKB Would Totally Be My House

I was hooked from the very beginning! All the girls and guys were awesome. I love seeing all the beautiful friendships in this first book. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Marisela Chavez
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!!

I can't believe I waited this long to read this book. It has everything and lots of juicy drama. I was consumed from the beginning and couldn't wait to see what was going to happen next with the gang. I'll definitely be reading the rest of this incredible series! 💛💛💛
Suzette Salinas
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great weekend read!

College life! A story built around classroom, sororities and parties. Your introduced to specific characters and follow them through their struggles, hardship and happiness.
Reading with 2 book lovers
I enjoyed this book, I loved how it flowed like a TV series.
I devoured this one in a day and cant wait to dive into number 2.
  • '90s Playlist (Romance Rewind, #1)
  • Finding Center (District Ballet Company #2)
  • Racing Hearts (Hamilton Stables, #1)
  • The Dark Space
  • For the Love of Raindrops
  • A Matter of Trust (A Matter of Trust, #1)
  • Hold On to Me (All or Nothing, #2)
  • Days Like This
  • Mouth: A Steamy Anthology
  • Between Everything and Us (Sutton College, #1)
  • Crashing Down (Stone Cliff, #1)
  • Stay With Me (Come Back to Me, #2)
  • Doing It for Love (All About Love, #1)
  • Waiting to Lose (The Contest #2)
  • Turtle Bay
  • Lessons of the Heart
  • Last First Kiss (Brightwater, #1)
  • Delayed Penalty (Pilots Hockey, #1)
Kandi Steiner is a bestselling author and whiskey connoisseur living in Tampa, FL. Best known for writing “emotional rollercoaster” stories, she loves bringing flawed characters to life and writing about real, raw romance — in all its forms. No two Kandi Steiner books are the same, and if you’re a lover of angsty, emotional, and inspirational reads, she’s your gal.

An alumna of the University of Ce
More about Kandi Steiner

Palm South University (4 books)
  • Anchor (Palm South University, #2)
  • Pledge (Palm South University, #3)
  • Legacy (Palm South University, #4)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Dear Aaron
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $1.99
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
“Yeah, enough of this girly talking shit. I need tequila.” 0 likes