Start by marking “Palm South University: Season 1 Box Set” as Want to Read:
Palm South University: Season 1 Box Set

Palm South University: Season 1 Box Set

(Palm South University #1.1-1.6)

Written like your favorite drama television show, the Palm South University series has been called "a mix of Greek meets Gossip Girl with a dash of Friends." Follow seven college students as they maneuver unrequited love, teacher/student romance, the tangles of “no strings” relationships, love triangles and more. Each “season” has six “episodes,” and just like when your f ...more
Published February 8th 2016 (first published August 25th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Palm South University, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Palm South University

Start your review of Palm South University: Season 1 Box Set
chan ☆
i have to say i’m pleasantly surprised! this book actually managed to get greek life pretty right.

and i liked the episodic nature of the story and the characters were cool. only complaint was that a lot of the names kinda blurred together at the beginning for me... cassie skyler ashlei jess. you get the picture.

smutty scenes were good. plot lines a tad predictable. but overall i haven’t had this much fun reading a romance in a while.
Christy
Jul 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-four-stars
⭐⭐⭐⭐
Drama. Sex. Lies

Palm South by Kandi Steiner is one of those addictive reads you don't want to put down! It centers around seven college students that are all in sororities and fraternities. I already knew about some of these characters, seeing as I've read Skyler's stand-alone book Black Number Four, so it was a lot of fun for me! I'm glad I made time for this one and I can't wait to read season two!
Whitney
Have you ever picked up a book and immediately knew that it wasn't for you? I am ashamed to say that I put this book on my imaginary "Nope." shelf a few years ago. Anything that promises me to read like a TV drama makes me want to seek professional help. I have seen The OC and I do not want to read that in book form. Drama. Lies. Sex. Uh, no thank you.

Everything changed when I realized that this is written by the lovely Kandi Steiner. She has written two books that have really had an impact
Jacqueline's Reads
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ku, 4-star-books, college

I went into this book without knowing anything except that it was about university and the Greek life.

You know that show Gossip Girls? Not the books because I never read the book, but I LOVED that show, this book reminds me of it.

I HIGHLY recommend reading the boxset. I think each book is like a little novella and there are 6? This combines each one and it makes for easy reading.

I had no idea there would be 7 POV’s and to my surprise it’s not hard to follow. I usually have a hard time in followi
Kristin Hackett (Merrily Kristin)
I've been wanting to read a Kandi Steiner book for some time now (I thought I would be starting with On the Rocks), but when I saw that the Palm South University series is pitched as Gossip Girl meets Riverdale with a dash of Friends, I instantly downloaded a copy of the first book, Rush (it's available on Kindle Unlimited for those who are interested!). I'm pleased to say that it really does read like an episode of a CW show! Rush is very quick paced and has a large cast of characters. At first ...more
Kandi Steiner
Jun 05, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Read this book for FREE! Just sign up for my newsletter at bit.ly/NewsletterKS and I'll send you Rush to read for FREE. This is your chance to dive into the Palm South University series at absolutely NO cost to you. Join the addiction!

Legacy, book 4 in the Palm South University series, is now available! This is your time to binge read and get caught up. The ENTIRE SERIES is included with your Kindle Unlimited subscription. Get your summer binge read on!

★ Rush, PSU #1 ➔ amzn.to/2IBgEQX
★ Anchor,
Nina
Aug 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2020
This was such a fun read! I really enjoyed how Rush was written in episodes like a tv show and had a lot of fun following the different characters in this book. Even though the plot was sometimes a bit predictable, I still really enjoyed this novel and can't wait to read the sequel and find out what happens next.

instagram || my blog || twitter
Amanda NEVER MANDY
This was a quick and easy read about drop-dead gorgeous college students randomly hooking up while being the bestest of friends on the planet for each other. My college experience was quite a bit different from that. Most of my time was spent actually going to class and studying, not drinking and screwing everything in sight. I doubt I would have finished college if I had went after it like these characters did. You can’t have a mind full of what total hottie am I going to bang next when you are ...more
Nayema
Jul 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: july-reads-2020
I read this book for the PSU readalong and I really enjoyed it. It is basically like an addicting tv show in book form. The TEA was HOT the entire book! It left off on a wild cliffhanger and I cannot wait to read the second book next week! My favorite character right now is Jess. I think there are a lot of similarities between us! This book was very wattpady in my opinion which i don’t mind because I LOVE WATTPAD. The writing was okay but the drama kept me hooked! I really enjoyed it with me sta ...more
Averie
WOW was this book full of drama!! I was like I was reading a CW college show! Loved this and can’t wait to continue with the series :)
Jessica
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Going into this one, it was pitched to me as binging your favorite TV show on Netflix. Now, after reading PSU, I could not find a better way to explain it!

Palm South University is gearing up for another school year, which means it's time for rush season. In other words? Parties and hookups galore with relationships and friendships forming and breaking within the blink of an eye. Seven students learn to forget their lives at home while losing themselves in the vices college has to offer.

Normall
Misty's Book Space
Jul 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, 4-stars
I decided to participate in a readalong of this series this month that several people are hosting over on Instagram in anticipation of another book being released this month. I went into it completely blind. I didn't even read the synopsis of it. This is my first book by this author and after I finish this series I will definitely be reading more from her.

The way this is written is so unique. It's written like a dramatic TV series and I am pretty sure this is the first time I have read something
♥ britt (Blissfully-Read) ♥
Since Ari and I did a big series review on this series I'm just going to link the post for everyone to check out and read!!

The New Romantics: Palm South University Series Review

Yanilsa
Jan 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-reviews
*Book gifted by author in exchange for an honest opinion*
I actually requested this book, because the blurb interested me. This is also my first "serial" so, I am sorry, if my review isnt typical for serials.
This series covers 7 different characters and their experience in college. The book/books reads like a tv series, which I believe was the intention. The books read a bit like gossip girls meets, pretty little liars meets Wild things. There were some characters that were more interesting than
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
**** 5 Cranky Stars ****

Episode 1, centers around Cassie and Paris who have finally arrived at Palm South University.

Paris can't wait to pledge, but Cassie isn't too sure it's the right path for her.

What is set in motion is an exciting new year, where students embrace the unwritten motto of Palm South University: drama, sex, and lies.

Kandi Steiner pulls you into this series and makes you feel like you're watching a TV series... The stories are short, but keep you hanging for more.

I can't
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 4 / 5 stars

As my first Kandi Steiner book and with all the hype around her work, I was expecting something more to be honest... but still really enjoyed it. I'm a sucker for reality tv and all the drama and this is it in a book.
I'm typically not much of a fan of multiple POVs and it was weird for me at first but in this case it is necessary to get the whole picture of everyone's lives. I can't wait to see what's next!

Also, am I the only one that has wanted Cassie and Adam since the very
Siobhan
Jun 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rush is the first book in Kandi Steiner’s Palm South University series, and it wasn’t at all what I’d expected. I had expected the standard college romance, but this was so much more. We do not follow one couple, instead we follow an entire group of friends and get to see the ups and downs that come with college life.

This is one of those addictive reads that pulled me into the story in so many different ways. I adored how different the characters were, how many different elements there were to t
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
Holy smokes Batman this series is off to a great start! I love how it’s written and I feel like I’m sitting and binge watching my favorite show! Now I have gotten a little lost with bigs and littles but that’s because all the steam and angst have me on a natural high! Can’t wait to read on and find out what happens next!
Halle Reads
5/5 Stars

PSU1

The PSU series is a 4 book New Adult series set in college in South Florida. It revolves around 7 college students and the story is told in alternating chapters of each of the 7 main characters while all their stories and lives overlapp and interconnect

The main character's are

Cassie - the freshman choosing which sorority to join in

Skylar - the easy going, no strings attached, fun loving good time girl

Bear - the protective, older brother type of guy who is just trying to have fun in
Nikki Pennington
I've almost read every single one of Kandi Steiner's books. I love her, and I love her writing. I discovered a series of hers that I hadn't read yet, and I have no idea what took me so long! This series is amazing! It's addictive, and I absolutely loved it.

"Written like your favorite drama television show, the Palm South University series has been called "a mix of Greek meets Gossip Girl with a dash of Friends." Follow seven college students as they maneuver unrequited love, teacher/student rom
Attack Salmon
I picked this up because I saw it has all my favourite tropes and I cannot resist more drama

But it wasn't really as good as I thought. The characters felt really flat most of the time and we didn't have the time to delve into their emotions. I have a hard time of tracking who's who and who's sleeping with who. And then I am blindsided by Ashlei and Bo sleeping together. There was no warning and no mention of it.

But I like the ending. The semester ending and all the sisters and brothers of the s
Jennifer Juers
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book!! Actually, more than I thought I would because I haven't read that many college books, but now I'm hooked and cannot wait to start season two's box set!

Palm South University has it all!
New Friendships: Check
Friendships on the rocks: Check
Lies: Check
Drama: Check
Sex: Check
Parties: Check

Seriously I feel like I'm watching Jersey Shore, Party Down South or Siesta Key on a much better level! There's so much goodness going on that you can't help but get sucked in!

Highly recommend!
Mary Gael
after thinking things through for 12 hours and reading 1/4 of book 2 (and seeing what Happens) i've decided to dock this 1/2 a star but would still watch a netflix adaptation of this only if some things about book 2 were... deleted... //2.5 stars for sheer entertainment value. no thoughts head empty I felt like I was watching a Netflix special so can this be adapted? would love to see these hot problematic college kids on my screen ...more
Keya
I really enjoyed this! I thought it would be so confusing having several character pov's but it was actually a delight getting to know these characters. it was exactly like you see on tv shows. Each character has a storyline which somehow entwines with other characters so it's never confusing.

I'M very excited to see (read) what happens next! Time to 'binge watch' season 2!
Brooke
dnf july 2020

not feeling this at all, got to 40% and it just feel too childish for me
Byron Washington
Pretty Good👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

Post high school life at at fictional Florida University as seen through the eyes of a diverse group of close friends. A surprisingly good series that encapsulates the full college experience, good and bad.

Buy it, read it and enjoy.👍🏾🔥👍🏾🔥👍🏾🔥👍🏾🔥👍🏾🔥
Laci
I'm just out on this.

just a few too many characters for me.

I'm older so my memory is not the best and I was losing track.

Demi
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My Rating: 4.5 stars

This is my first time reading one of Kandi's books, and I think it's safe to say that this won't be my last. I absolutely loved this book! I need to order season 2 as soon as possible.
Na
Still unsure if this is really my cup of tea... Yet I'm invested enough to continue with book two. Let's see where this will lead me. 😊 ...more
Coco.V
Jun 29, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
💝FREE on Amazon today (6/29/2018)!💝

Blurb:
Drama. Lies. Sex.

Welcome to Palm South University.

The weather isn’t the only thing heating up in South Florida. At a school where fraternities and sororities don’t exactly play by the rules, relationships are bound to be tested. Parties and sex are definitely key ingredients in the Palm South recipe, but what happens when family issues, secret lives, and unrequited love get tossed in the mix?

Follow Cassie, Bear, Jess, Skyler, Erin, Ashlei, and Adam as th
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• One Hot Italian Summer
  • Hate You (Rebel Ink, #1)
  • The Setup
  • What's Left of Me
  • The Romantic Pact (Kings of Football, #2)
  • Truth or Dare
  • The Secret Note
  • The Devil's Crown: Part 2
  • The Revenge Pact (Kings of Football, #1)
  • Flock (The Ravenhood, #1)
  • Ruthless Princess (Mafia Royals, #1)
  • Color Me Pretty
  • Inside Affair (Prime Time, #1)
  • Heartless King (Kings of Rittenhouse, #5)
  • Kilty Pleasure (The McLaughlins, #2)
  • Jock Blocked (Copper Valley Fireballs #1)
  • The Dare (Briar U, #4)
  • Playing Dirty (Windy City Kink Book 3)
Kandi Steiner is a bestselling author and whiskey connoisseur living in Tampa, FL. Best known for writing “emotional rollercoaster” stories, she loves bringing flawed characters to life and writing about real, raw romance — in all its forms. No two Kandi Steiner books are the same, and if you’re a lover of angsty, emotional, and inspirational reads, she’s your gal.

An alumna of the University of Ce

Palm South University (6 books)
  • Anchor (Palm South University, #2)
  • Pledge (Palm South University, #3)
  • Legacy (Palm South University, #4)
  • Ritual
  • Hazed (Palm South University, #6)