Start by marking “Questions Young People Ask. Answers That Work” as Want to Read:
Questions Young People Ask. Answers That Work

Questions Young People Ask. Answers That Work (Young People Ask #1)

4.49  ·  Rating details ·  493 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
It's 39 chapters answer many questions, such as: How can I cope with peer pressure? Should I quit school? How can I say no to premarital sex? Why say no to drugs?
Published 1989 by Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Questions Young People Ask. Answers That Work, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Questions Young People Ask. Answers That Work

Shaquille
Nov 07, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever had to read a book that was just loaded with information? More then likely, that book was extremely boring. But not this book. “Young people ask” was one of the greatest books that I’ve ever read. I loved this book for several reason, some of them are that I was especially design for teenagers. I also like that even though it was loaded with information, it was despised right and given properly, I finally like the advice it gave. These three things together made one of the greatest ...more
Andre
Aug 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my second bible growing up! I read this book like it was a lifeline to my issues all throughout Junior and High School. Till this day, the principles that were sounded down into me through this and my personal Bible reading, have safeguarded me from ALL SORTS of trouble and helped draw me out of troubling habits as well!
I recommend this book to anyone who wishes to understand the trials of young people (Be they young or old) and be able to share with them practical, but morally upright
Fostergrants
Sep 11, 2008 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: run away!
i will repeat what i said in a review of one their other books on this website....to list the author as jehovah god and not the 'watchtower bible and tract society' of new york is completely insulting to the literary community and just plain WRONG.

and please avoid this out-dated and patronizing guilt guide of a book if you have a real teenager with real world issues. this was written in 1989 and was far behind the times even then.
Vigilante
Jan 13, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: religion
From dating to drinking, peer pressure to choosing a career, this book is a helpful companion for these and many other issues facing youths today.
 Gigi Ann
Aug 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book I read was the most recent "Questions Young People Ask" published in 2011. We received it this summer at our District Conventions being held throughout the world. I attended the Convention in Des Moines, Iowa. (July 8-10) That being said; this book was written for young people, but the information can be applied to any age group. I say that because I am a Gramma, and I found the book full of up-to-date information. I am also Young At Heart, even though I am a Gramma.

The book contains...
Kevin Bello
Jan 27, 2010 rated it liked it
Other than the outdatedness of this book and the very simplistic reading, I do heartily recommend this book to Christian youths who come from a more conservative background and would like some guidance on par with the Bible.

This little piece of literature is very good at covering some of the basics. Although I did find that entering into marriage early is not an issue of this day, but rather that many youths are not entering into marriage for their relationships.

I have always appreciated some of
Emma
Aug 21, 2008 rated it did not like it
My grandmother gave me this book when I was about 12 and I found it far from helpful. It presupposes so much and is so terribly patronising and moralising that I doubt any teen these days would actually read it.
Monique
Sep 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The book Questions Young People ask answers that work helps cover the daily problems teenagers go through, such as: why don’t my parents understand me?, why don’t kids leave me alone?, along with many other common situations teenagers go through. It helped me because it seemed to know what I am thinking & helped guide me through my own personal problems throught life. I highly recommend this book to others because it helps teenagers with their problems based on bible principles. Unfortunatel ...more
Cecil
Sep 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Considering the book as outdated is a relative thing to say. It really depends on how one sees morality as an issue. Whether you're a Jehovah's Witness or an atheist or what-not, if you see, say for example, SEX in a different perspective, then the book will be either relevant or irrelevant to you. But i say, the book can give you a clear direction on how not to mess up your life esp. during your teen-age years...not getting pregnant, losing your virginity to a bum, stealing, disrespecting your ...more
LUCILLE
May 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Life could have been incomplete without this book, I am not young but i love this. One of the best. A must in a home. TIMELY...because one of the references is the Bible, a book written millenniums ago but never go outdated, cause SOMEONE behind its writing has no beginning and no ending. Anyone saying it's outdated maybe has not even read a quarter of it, and is hasty at jumping to conclusions.
Janice
Nov 10, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed reading a chapter every night. Good advice and even my parents enjoyed when I asked them the question at the end of each chapter that you come up with to ask your parents. Had us talking for at least an hour each time & we learned a lot of things about each other.
Levine
Useful book ! Every young man/woman must read this book.
Freefallen ~ YA Reviewer
Sep 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Youths
Every young person needs one of these! A total guidebook for adolescents - it asks your deepest questions and answers them, and even gives you a journal section to make your own. A book that you can make personal - the Ultimate guidebook through adolescence, based on what the Bible advises - giving answers that work.
Dencee neli
if there was greater than thankyou i would have voiced out for the availability of this timely tool
infact thankyou
Brandon
Dec 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book helped me out with questions that I had but was too afraid to ask. It seemed to be given to me at the right time in my life. A great informative book, with a very positive tone to it.
Victoria
Jul 18, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this book is for any young people out there who as question on this that they can't or are trying to talk to there parent about.
Molly
Sep 22, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This is a very good book to any young one seeking answers about life.
Cai
Jul 06, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This book is terrific it gives wonderful advice.
Ash
Dec 12, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
My mom's friend who was One of Jehovah's Witness gave this to me and honestly, this is a pretty outdated book that I really wouldn't take to consideration. Every single advice given there I have either heard of or will never do because of my own reasons (excluding my atheism here but at the time I read this in I was in questioning but this never helped). The version I got was in 2011 and even that felt like I was reading advice from the 80s.
linda
Sep 24, 2009 rated it it was amazing
They have the 2 volume now
Mya
Jul 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Long time coming but I read it it's not bad at all
Noirfifre
Sep 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Almost any issue that a young person face is addressed by this book. You will consult it more than once or twice. It is a small book that both parents and teens/young adults should have. It can be used as a conversation opener between parents and children and between dating young people.
David
Mar 15, 2012 added it
that i would be able to do on line reading
Rosemarie Mitchell
I think that the book is a very goog book to read
Tina
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a very good book for teenagers. Although it was written in 1989 this book really helps you as a teenager to control your feelings and emotions. Nowadays teenagers are lost because of the decreased society. They don't have anyone to help to find the right way and find real happiness. This book is good for everyone. Its not only a religious book. Someone can avoid the religious part(if they are not religious) and read the questions and answers for their knowledge.Sadly nowadays parents als ...more
Ryan Hewett
May 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful publication. A comment that I commonly hear inside Jehovah's organization is, "I wish I had that when I was younger." Of course this doesn't mean that Jehovah, Our God, has never been with us, for in fact "he is never that far off from each one of us." Acts 17:24-27 It definitely is a blessing to see Jehovah's Sons and daughters at work, Right!!!
Jawe Querimit
May 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best books for young people. It provides practical answers to most of the questions young people ask themselves. The answers are based on God's word - the Bible which makes it more interesting and reliable.
Sandy
Jun 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Vital for young people to get correct counsel for today's problems right from bible principles. Very helpful for parents dealing with raising children in this troubled world.
Caroline
Excellent book for all ages.
Hector Chicas
Jan 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A life saver.
  • Facing the Lion: Memoirs of a Young Girl in Nazi Europe
  • Dance First, Think Later: 618 Rules to Live by
  • Our Voices, Our Visions
  • National Geographic Animal Encyclopedia: 2,500 Animals with Photos, Maps, and More!
  • Bedlam: A Year in the Life of a Mental Hospital
  • Caught in the Crossfire
  • 101 Creative Notes
  • Indonesia Mengajar 2
  • Tilly Trotter Widowed (Tilly Trotter Trilogy, #3)
  • Captain Wentworth's Persuasion: Jane Austen's Classic Retold Through His Eyes
  • The Opposite of Chocolate
  • The LEGO® Ideas Book
  • Aphrodite's Blessings: Love Stories from the Greek Myths
  • New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures
  • True Women
  • Keep Calm and Carry On
  • DreamCatcher
  • These Tangled Threads (Bells of Lowell, #3)
The Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania is a nonprofit corporation formed in 1884 under the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, U.S.A. It is used by Jehovah’s Witnesses to support their worldwide work, which includes publishing Bibles and Bible-based literature.

According to its charter, the corporation’s purposes are “religious, educational, and charitable,” in particular, to
More about Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society...

Young People Ask (2 books)
  • Questions Young People Ask Answers That Work Volume 2