Start by marking “Harrowed (The Woodsview Murders, #1)” as Want to Read:
Harrowed (The Woodsview Murders, #1)

Harrowed

(The Woodsview Murders #1)

Journalism Rule #1: Always report the story. Never become the story.

Avery Blair has accepted the fact that nothing exciting ever happens in her small town of Woodsview, Massachusetts. As the editor of the high school blog, she prays for something—anything—to come along that would make for a great headline.

When Beatrice Thompson’s body is found in the girls’ bathroom, Avery
Paperback
Published September 22nd 2015 by Horror Twin Press

To ask other readers questions about Harrowed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Harrowed

Max Baker
Jul 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-horror, i-reviewed
I love slasher films. They were my introduction to horror and still continue to be my favorite sub-genre, so it wasn't a surprise this book leaped to the top of my TBR the moment I heard about it. Harrowed is very much a love letter to the slasher genre and I thought Haley and LeTendre did an excellent job paying homage to one of the best things to happen to modern horror while adding something new to the mix.

Avery Blair is a journalist and her big break comes in the form of a masked serial kill
Elizabeth Amber Love
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: to-be-read
Terrifying

I finished reading this on Friday the 13th of October. Now I'm afraid to turn off any lights or go to sleep!
Mary Rajotte
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I need to read the next book immediately! Full review coming soon!
Roxie Prince
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Read this review and more on my blog at [Roxie Writes].

'Harrowed (The Woodsview Murders Book 1)' by Brian LeTendre and Jolene Haley
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
Finished on January 3, 2017
FREE on Kindle Unlimited | $.99 on Kindle

BOOK DESCRIPTION:
Avery Blair is a high school senior from Woodsview, Massachusetts, a small town where nothing exciting ever happens. As an aspiring journalist, this really sucks. She writes the blog for her high school newspaper, gets little-to-no views, and hope and prays for something --
Oct 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If you love enthralling stories you can't afford to miss this one! The tale weaves through harrowing wakes created by the most disturbing of criminal minds...the sociopath. This phenomenal story is written in what I call real-time (the now), and has all the elements of app technology, a lagging police force untrained in current technology, parents gone from home a lot trying to make a living, a touch on same gender relationships, etc... which the Harvester exploits. Harrowed looked like a good r ...more
Haylee at Heart Hype
Jul 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was really excited to read this because I grew up reading young adult horror. Harrowed was very reminiscent of my R.L. Stine days (I liked the Fear Street Cheerleaders series) and it kept me engaged from start to finish. So let me get down to it...

Harrowed is set in a small town among a group of studious high schoolers. Life is business as usual until a student is murdered, and then another, and then another. I won't go into too much detail because this book is so fantastic I'd hate to spoil i
Kathleen
Aug 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A mysterious killer is on the loose! AH! A well-written horror book, honoring the slasher genre. I loved the characters, believable, likable people. The dialogue made me giggle. I loved the suspense as the tension built from the beginning to the end. The serial killer, The Harvester, was fabulous. Creepy scenes kept me reading to find out WHO WAS THE KILLER! All it was missing was a spooky soundtrack. I'll have to wait for the sequel, but I'll read it when it comes out.
Joe Slucher
Sep 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Harrowed is like a slasher film geared towards young adults. If you're young and into slashers then you'll probably enjoy the book. It's not my kind of genre and I'm too old so I'm not the right audience. I was surprised to find that the teenagers were written to be much more intelligent than what I usually see in YA books or slashers. I suspect teenagers may like this better than other books about teenagers written by adults because this one seems to respect that audience more.
Pamela
Oct 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Okay, this was a good story. But there are the mistakes. Like the first person murdered had a sister named Nancy. Later, the sister was called a daughter, then back at end to sister. Plus the parents had died and that was why the murdered sister was guardian for her younger teen sister. And yet, suddenly, midway of the book, parent appeared to take charge of Nancy and the murdered sister's young son, Jake. There were grammar mistakes to. That is why the bok dd not get 5 stars, but 4.
Amy Giuffrida
Jul 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It's no secret that Jolene and Brian are blog mates of mine, but I swear this review is completely unbiased. As a fan of slasher movies, I've never found one I've been fond of in book form...until now! These two authors dos a great job combining a sleepy town, a nosey teen girl, and a serial killer.

I'm not sure I can wait an entire year for book 2 though!!!
R.A. Slone
Sep 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great story and great characters! It kept me guessing how it was going to end!
David
Nov 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
I loved it and can't wait to read the next in the series.
Jenniferk
Dec 13, 2017
Stephanie
Feb 24, 2019
Joshua Dancer
rated it did not like it
Jul 08, 2016
Sybille
Jun 04, 2016
Jennifer Brinkmeyer
Jun 15, 2015
Græme Ravenscroft
Apr 20, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked it a lot up until the last twenty or so pages. They felt a bit rushed and the big reveal wasn't really that compelling or interesting. (I could have lived without the two little 'wait, it's you?!' moments along the way as well.)

Pretty fun. Reads like an '80s slasher flick. I'll pick up the next one shortly.
Heather A
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Nov 14, 2015
Ryan Nichols
Sep 24, 2015
  • Thirteen (Dark Carousel, #0.5)
  • Ultraviolet Catastrophe
  • Evangeline
  • The Last Harvest
  • Wickedpedia
  • My Daylight Monsters (Mary Hades #0.5)
  • Night Moves (The Night Songs Collection Book 2)
  • The Boy Next Door
  • Soul Cutter
  • Mailboxes - Mansions - Memphistopheles: A Collection of Dark Tales
  • The Erotic Muse
  • Return to the Dark House (Dark House, #2)
  • Happily Ever After (Happily Ever After, #1)
  • Golden Dunes of Renhala (Renhala, #2)
  • Dead Drift (Frank Bennett Adirondack Mystery #4)
  • Untouchable (Untouchable, #1)
  • Fresh Flesh (Fresh, #1)
  • Teen Frankenstein (High School Horror Story #1)
Jolene Haley is the author of the Woodsview Murder series (Harrowed, Haunted, Hunted) and The Secret. She has edited several anthologies including Dark Carnival, Halloween Night: Trick or Treat, and A Pizza My Heart. She is an agent assistant for a literary agency and has worked for three publishing houses since earning her Bachelor’s degree.

In spare time, she writes a free witchy romance called L

The Woodsview Murders (3 books)
  • Haunted (The Woodsview Murders, #2)
  • Hunted (The Woodsview Murders, #3)
“The Harvester was the rustling of autumn leaves, there one minute, gone the next.” 1 likes
“And you two playing Joe Hardy and Nancy Drew is interfering with my investigation.” 0 likes