Start by marking “Pheme's Regret (The Haberdashers, #6)” as Want to Read:
Pheme's Regret (The Haberdashers, #6)

Pheme's Regret

(The Haberdashers #6)

Can the darkest of betrayals ever be forgiven?

Miriam is known as Lady Spencer among the ton. A charming young widow with a string of admirers. In the London papers, she is only known by the initials L.D., the signature given to all the best, and worst, gossip from Town. But she has been harboring her own secrets and will need the Haberdashers to accompany her on a trip to
Published September 30th 2019 by Graythorn Publishing

Start your review of Pheme's Regret (The Haberdashers, #6)
Pat
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
The storyline was good and the characters were wonderfully created which kept my interest as I turned each and every page until the very end!
MrsMascara
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lovely lovely lovely!

Sue London writes beautifully and I love the haberdashers series, so glad there is a new book.

Lady Spencer is a fraud, she poses as a widow who has discreet liaisons and lives well in society, in actual fact she has to work for a living, using her society persona to gather stories for her gossip column. After a youthful indiscretion, she had a child who was taken from her. Then she was forced into marriage with an older man who has left her a virtually penniless widow. Her
Corinne
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
I read the first two books of the Haberdasher series years ago, but this can be read as a stand-alone. The Haberdasher ladies (some of whom are included here) are quite bold and daring, even practiced with weapons. Miriam seems to be none of those; she's spent the years as an observer of the ton. But she asks the group for aid in discreetly retrieving her illegitimate daughter. And thus faces a man whose life was greatly affected by her anonymous gossip column.
Most of the story takes place in Fr
Lori D
A complicated story as it begins with one person and topic then goes to another. Sue London is brilliant as she weaves a tale of loss on so many levels. Loss of a daughter, when she had no choice but to give her up, but now it seems she has found her. Loss of a gentleman's youth and title as he was accused of something untrue, but had to flee.
A group of ladies, the Haberdasers that are a story of their own and an almost crazed gentleman pursuing the heroine.
Whew! It took me a couple of chapters
Jamie Jack
Oct 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: p-2019, regency
An Unusual Regency with Lots More Going on Than Romance

This is a very complex story for a Regency. It is not merely a Regency romance. Several plot lines run through this novel. In general, I thought it was well written. The characters were complex, although I thought the daughter was a little over the top, especially at the beginning. There was a villain plot, a mother reuniting with her daughter plot (she had to give her up as a baby), an expat living abroad because of a ruined reputation plot
Andrea
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Worth the wait

I've checked and tweeted the author for so long for this Haberdashers continuation. Finally I've read it and love it. All my girls are there and they are true to the characters we were introduced to in the first three books.
The H & H in this story were new to us (Lady Spencer was a completely different person in Jack's story) and quickly grew on me where I cared about their story. Liette's anger I could understand but was also happy she reconciled with her maman.
If you're new the
Archana Raghu
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A roller coaster of emotions

I am currently -

- Still mad at Sue London for making us wait for 3+ years
- Absolutely HATE her for so easily displacing Gideon asy favourite: with Lady Spencer no less
- Giddily happy that I’ve figured out WHO Draco SURELY MUST BE

But overall - HOPEFUL that it won’t be another 3 years before book seven comes out on shelves.

It’s a fantastic “next move” to a fabulous series.
Brenda
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
This newest Haberdashers book was worth the wait.
It's been a long time coming but Ms London has once again written a very entertaining book. Although part of the series this sixth book can easily be read as a stand-alone.
I gave this book 4 of 5 stars for story line and characterization.
You will not fail to be entertained.
I received a complimentary copy of this book to read from Booksprout. This in no way affected my opinion of this book which I read and reviewed voluntarily.
Lynda
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Great Read!

The Haberdashers are alive & well and growing in numbers.
This has all the adventure, intrigue and romance we love Sue London for providing. Always a few surprises along with the necessary happy ending. Loved every minute of it!
Barbara
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book six in The Haberdashers series a well written story that once I started I was not putting down. This is Lady Miriam Spencer and Nicolas Baudin's story they have so much from their pasts that they have to overcome. There is suspense, drama, danger, evil, a villain, and love. I enjoyed reading this book and I will be reading the next story. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review. ...more
Sandy
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Something lost and something found.
This is a book with older characters Miriam is a lady that seats back and watches the ton but now is the time for her to take action. She must find something she has lost something very precious. Nicolas had been requested to help Miriam. Now in France and working with Nicolas Miriam see a complication coming. That is not all it appears Miriam’s traveling companions also run into a bit of trouble. There was a lot going on in this book it was very entertaining.
Queen of the Geeks
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As always Sue London has published a wonderful book in Pheme's Regret. Nic is a wonderful character. He's is horribly hurt by the gossip and slander that ruined his life but he is kind and forgiving enough to not hold it against the one person he believes penned it years ago. Lady Spenser is not at all what most people take her for, most only see the illusion she creates around her, but Nic sees her for who she really is, that is the woman he forgives and falls in love with.

At first you can't b
Katherine Kayne
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Loved this as I love all the Haberdashers. You always want to cheer for a heroine who finds her own way in a difficult world. I also thought the fact that the heroine made mistakes in her efforts to survive made her more relatable. Haven't we all done things we regret? The only reason this is not a five star is that I wanted more. But I suspect that the wily Ms. London has a bit more up her sleeve. Can't wait!!!!
Emily
Jan 29, 2021 rated it really liked it
I should say 3.5* because while it’s not better than Trials of Artemis, it is my favorite since that first book in the series. So, for Goodreads purposes I rounded up to show the improvement over the last few installments.

I was nervous that we were being removed from the primary group of Haberdashers but quickly appreciated the way this story skirted the edge of the Bittleworths’ ongoing desire to rid the world of their father and his cronies. It is pretty clear that Lady Spencer has led the gr
Pat Hathaway
Sep 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great story

I almost gave this book four stars because it has been three years since the previous book. Many of the Habercashers are involved in the story but of course they are mentioned but not with detailed descriptions and I had trouble remember their characteristics, spouses, relationships, etc. For someone new to the series who is reading them from the beginning this would not be a problem. The other concern I had was that the author never says who "Pheme" is. I assume it is the heroine of
Caroline Gavin
Jul 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Olfactory descriptions

I love how Ms. London points out the scent of each person at each encounter. This serves to deepen and fill out the sense of the character.
Victoria Parillo
Jun 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow!

Great story & what a cliffhanger! I have read this series from the beginning & absolutely loved this story....I hope we don’t have to wait so long for the answers!
Peg
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read !

This book kept me up way past my bedtime. It was slow to start but then rolled like a snowball down hill.
Mariela Elera-Galindo
rated it it was ok
Dec 03, 2019
A Waldron
May 12, 2019 marked it as to-read
Would be great to read this book, if only I could get a copy
Donna Chow
Oct 12, 2019
Dianne M. Gorsline
Oct 03, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• In Bed with the Earl (Lost Lords of London, #1)
  • Wolf Signs (Granite Lake Wolves, #1)
  • The Bachelor Earl: Includes Bonus Scenes from The Untouchables
  • Wine Girl: The Obstacles, Humiliations, and Triumphs of America's Youngest Sommelier
  • Valley of the Shadow (Elemental World, #4.5)
  • The Vanishing (Fogg Lake #1)
  • Dukes, Actually (12 Dukes of Christmas # 5)
  • Sweep with Me (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4.5)
  • Don't Tie the Knot (Wedding Trouble, #1)
  • Ravish Me with Rubies (The London Jewels Trilogy Book 3)
  • Say Yes to the Duke (The Wildes of Lindow Castle, #5)
  • A Night to Surrender (Spindle Cove, #1)
  • His Highland Prize (The Clan Sinclair Book 3)
  • How to Tame a Beastly Lord (Happy Ever Regency, #2)
  • Highlander’s Mysterious Lady
  • Marrying Stone (Marrying Stone, #1)
  • His Highland Lass (The Clan Sinclair #1)
  • Highlander Lord of Fire (Macardle Sisters of Courage Trilogy Book 3)
Best selling author Sue London created the beloved Regency romance series The Haberdashers. If you like your historical romance with a little action, a little humor, and a lot of strong-minded women, then this is the series for you!

Recent reader reactions:
"Sue London is a very gifted writer. I always enjoy reading her books." ~ Annie
"It was so well written, and the storyline is wonderfully thrilli

The Haberdashers (6 books)
  • Trials of Artemis (The Haberdashers, #1)
  • Athena's Ordeal (The Haberdashers, #2)
  • Fates For Apate (The Haberdashers, #3)
  • Saving Persephone (The Haberdashers, #4)
  • Taming Chiron (The Haberdashers #5)

News & Interviews