Start by marking “Taming Chiron” as Want to Read:

(The Haberdashers #5)

An unlikely couple is paired at a summer house party. Their budding friendship is cut short by a horrid accident. Will they be able to find love through tragedy?

Charlie Bittlesworth was invited to a summer idle, and hopes to use the time to sell some of his premium livestock. He thinks it a small matter to pay some kind attention to the cousin of his hostess.

Charlotte Ayre
Published December 16th 2016 by Graythorn Publishing

Start your review of Taming Chiron
Tracy Emro
Dec 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review

I liked this book, but honestly, after waiting so long for this book, I was a little disappointed with Charlotte.

Charlotte is the daughter of an Oxford professor and has joined a house party hosted by her cousin, Lolly. Charlotte while not exactly shy, is quiet, studious, placid and well, dull. I have been wracking my brain trying to think of another character I could compare her with and the best I can come up with is Lilith (Cheers). Charlotte is not comfortable around people and whe
Tamara
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A charming story

As usual, I enjoyed this addition to the Haberdashers series. I loved watching Charlie and Charlotte fall in love. And it was nice having a different sort of heroine. I only wish we got to see a bit more of their life at the end. I hope we see them more in future novels.
Pontiki
Jan 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I had expected Charlie's story to be a light, humorous journey, and some of it was, but his deeper turmoil and Charlotte's strong seriousness made it a different kind of book.

Their close friendship and the growth of that after Charlotte's accident into a strong loving relationship makes this book a little bit different than the others in the series.

As always, the Haberdashers are a fun lot, as are their respective spouses. The horses Charlie cherishes and Charlotte's gentleness with Valerian i
Marguerite Guthridge
Dec 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
I like the way Sue London takes a normal situation and views it from a different perspective. In this novel, a very socially adept young man is attracted to a quiet intellectual woman. Opposites attract? Well maybe. But it could be that they each see the world similarly, but choose to put on a different mask. Well done, Sue!
Tracy Zullo
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
These keep getting better!
Cara Group
Dec 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Received an ARC of this book and couldn't put it down! So happy to finally have Charlie's story... ...more
Emily
Jan 28, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once again, an oddly abrupt ending plus this one dragged in the middle. A little less time with Charlotte as a bedridden invalid, and a little more conflict between characters that barely know each other would have been welcome. To any reader of the series, Charlie’s character clearly had more to him than revealed in the previous books. This installment definitely gets points for the way he was developed and revealed to the reader.

Clearly, we need an ultimate confrontation between Charlie and R
Heidi Meaton
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hmmmm....

Whilst I liked the story of Charlie and Charlotte I really quite like a story to have an ending.
I was very disappointed at this ending. Approaching annoyance I think. Cheated from a conclusion. Kindly deal with that please. Or is it a ploy to read the next book. If so no ploys were actually needed.
Kim Gasparini
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
I found it hard to like Charlie or Charlotte, which is sad because I had liked Charlie in earlier books. Ending felt unfinished.
michelle
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Disappointed

I was very disappointed in this book felt unfinished like the author decided she couldn't be bothered which I was surprised at considering her other books
Mary Hart
Charlie's tale

It took a long time to get goIng and just as we got to the mystery and the romance it ended....but I suppose that's to get us to buy the next few books.
Caroline Gavin
Jul 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this series! Need to allow time for reading as I get WAY too involved and have trouble stopping!
Elizabeth
Suffered from series extension

While I liked the original nature of this book it lacked conflict and ended quite suddenly. Obviously the author is trying to add additional books than were originally planned for this series and this story was needed to form the framework. However it just needed more. 2.5 stars.
Kimberly Hatten
Jan 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet story

What a sweet story. I loved getting to know Charlie and Charlotte. Charlie is one of my favorite characters in the Haberdashers series so far.
kelly newland
Jan 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Taming Chiron

I loved the book! But I think it was not finished! What happened to the stallion? Did they get it back? We're they able to get the property back ?
Linda Rackham
Jan 03, 2017 rated it liked it
A bit slow as most of book takes place in sick room.
C A
Marisa
Dec 30, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Posted for pre-order on Kindle 1 1 Sep 22, 2016 05:13PM

• The Viscount and the Vixen (Hellions of Havisham, #3)
  • The Detective Duke (Unexpected Lords, #1)
  • Lord Robert and His Bride (The Duke's Brothers, #2)
  • Countdown to Midnight (Violet Darger, #8)
  • To Kiss a Highland Rose (Kiss the Wallflower, #6)
  • The Swordmaster's Daughter
  • The Silver Linings Mysteries Collection
  • A Tryst by the Sea (The Siren's Retreat Quartet #1)
  • The Last Hellion (Scoundrels, #4)
  • Wine Girl: The Obstacles, Humiliations, and Triumphs of America's Youngest Sommelier
  • The Wild Child (The Bride Trilogy, #1)
  • The Marquess She Loved (The Atwood Sisters #2)
  • Leave a Widow Wanting More (The Cavendish Family, #1)
  • Sutton's Seduction (The Sinful Suttons, #4)
  • Love Letters by the Sea (The Siren's Retreat Quartet #4)
  • Tempt Me, If You Dare (Wagers and Wallflowers #6)
  • A Love Match for the Marquess (The Hesitant Husbands #1)
  • The Unaffected Earl (Landing a Lord Book 3)
Best selling author Sue London created the beloved Regency romance series The Haberdashers. If you like your historical romance with a little action, a little humor, and a lot of strong-minded women, then this is the series for you!

Recent reader reactions:
"Sue London is a very gifted writer. I always enjoy reading her books." ~ Annie
"It was so well written, and the storyline is wonderfully thrilli

The Haberdashers (6 books)
  • Trials of Artemis (The Haberdashers, #1)
  • Athena's Ordeal (The Haberdashers, #2)
  • Fates For Apate (The Haberdashers, #3)
  • Saving Persephone (The Haberdashers, #4)
  • Pheme's Regret (The Haberdashers, #6)

News & Interviews