Start by marking “The Offer” as Want to Read:
The Offer

The Offer

(The McGregor Brothers #2)

3.88  ·  Rating details ·  11,090 ratings  ·  1,045 reviews
THE OFFER is a STANDALONE, CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE NOVEL from the New York Times, Wall Street Journal and USA Today Bestselling author of The Pact.

She thinks he's an arrogant playboy.
He thinks she's an uptight prude.
But he's about to make her an offer she can't refuse.

Published June 13th 2015 by Metal Blonde Books (first published June 12th 2015)

·  11,090 ratings  ·  1,045 reviews

Amy | Foxy Blogs
Sep 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Amy | Foxy Blogs by: Kim Bailey
Once you go Bram you won’t give a damn.

Reputation matters.
Unfortunately for, Bram, he can't get away from his past of being labeled as a playboy and a screw up. When he tries to be nice to Nicola and her daughter he's met with resistance because she doesn't trust his intentions. It's not just Nicola who distrust the man that Bram has become. The only one who really looks at Bram with love in their eyes is her daughter... the innocence of the young.

“No matter how much you change, some people
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo to cover xB by sb_zpsbifuouck.gif

Oh I love me a Scotsman.
I wonder if he comes with his own kilt?

Stand-alone.
Release date: June 14th.

Book Blurb:
She thinks he's an arrogant playboy.
He thinks she's an uptight prude.
But he's about to make her an offer she can't refuse.

Nicola Price used to have it all – a great career, the perfect boyfriend, an excessive shoe collection and an apartment in one of San Francisco’s best neighborhoods. But when she gets knocked up and her asshat boyfriend leaves her high and dry, Nicola’s perfectly cr
Kim Bailey
Wham, Bam, thank you BRAM! 4.5 STARS

So many Bram-isms! Honestly, I could spend the day coming up with ways to use him the name. I've been thinking about my motto for Bram McGregor... he's definitely inspired me to be a perv!

The original motto:
Do it, do it right, do it right now.

I like my Bram version much better:

As steamy, sexy, pervy & unforgettably hot as this book is ... the story is so much more! It is also an incredibly sweet, intelligent and mature romance.
Karina Halle is a chameleon
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4.5 No regrets stars!

"People like to hold onto their ideas of what you are and who you are. They put you in a box and no matter how hard you try to show them what you’re really like, they can’t wrap their heads around it. They won’t. They only want you to be a certain way, the way they see you."

photo the offer collage.png

Talk about a book that sneaks up on you and pulls at your heartstrings! The Offer is a standalone follow up to the book The Pact and centers on Bram and Nicola. Nicola is Steph's best friend an
Sleepless Readmore
Jun 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015
Everybody has a chapter
they don’t read out loud.
4.5 #IJustGotBrammed STARS

Nicola and Bram .. ♥

The Offer Karina Halle
The Pact by Karina Halle The Offer by Karina Halle
Stacey is Sassy
Jun 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favourites-2015
Love is simple...yeah right.

The Offer is the first story I have read by Karina Halle. I know I'm late to the party and always planned to read her work, but I'm glad this was my first. This story is about taking risks to find your happy place and learning that trust is hard to earn and once broken hard to earn back. Life is not always easy and sometimes you need to accept help when it's offered especially when it benefits a loved one. Communication is the foundation to every relationship and the
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 - 4.5 ★'s

After enjoying The Pact so much, I was positive that The Offer was going to be just as good. I mean Bram is Linden's brother, he has to be just as yummy. And he is! Too bad the book wasn't all about him.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the book. I loved everything about Bram and Nicola. What I didn't like as much was I felt there was too much focus on Ava, Nicola's daughter. Yes, what happened to her is a very important and serious subject but I felt it overwhelmed the story at
Alex is The Romance Fox
The Offer by Karina Halle is the sequel to The Pact and this is Bram McGregor (Linden’s playboy brother) and Nicola, Stephanie’s best friend.

Nicola Price is struggling to get her life together. Barely able to support herself and her daughter, Ava alone, she now finds herself without a job after being fired. At thirty-one, she finds herself in a very scary situation and it continues to get worse when her little girl is diagnosed with child diabetes. Her life has hit rock-bottom.

The savior to her
Michelle
Bram is so hot.

I was looking forward to reading this book. I needed to know more about the playboy that is Bram MC Gregor. He is so hot and sexy but through the book u could see this playboy turning into a really caring man I luvd him by the end there was parts I could of killed him but he won me over by the end. Nicola is a really strong sexy woman. Her daughter Ava is her life after her ex left her Ava as become her life. She just wants to make things perfect for her lil girl and will anythin
S.M. West
4 "Everything in due time" STARS

While part of a series, this can be read as a stand alone. I was "meh" about the first book although I fell for Linden. I wasn't sure I'd like Bram but like his brother Linden, he grew on me real quick.

Both Nicola and Bram are fighting to break a mold that's been put upon them by others and/or circumstance. Bram's been labelled a manwhoring, playboy and all around screw up whereas, Nicola's the stuck-up prude given she has a young child and has had to grow up rea
Roksana
Now "knowing" what happened in the book I can easily say that this author is a dead end to me!

For a single mother/heroine to have to put a music on to "silence the loud noises of sex" of the Hero next door so that her daughter will not hear it IS NON OTHER BUT A VERY DISTASTEFUL, REPULSIVE AND NASTY way of portraying a cultural drift from traditional romance gender!

YES we read different romances with different "Heroes" a manwhores or non-manwhores and Its true that some of these traits add hints
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)

Although it can be read as a standalone, The Offer is a spin-off of Karina Halle’s popular The Pact. I was less than impressed with The Pact, but I wanted to give this book a chance because a romance about a single mom in her thirties sounded interesting. There aren’t nearly enough good love stories featuring characters thirty and older. Plus, the cover looks really cool. Sadly, I’m more enthusiastic about the cover than I am about the actual book. It really is so very pretty.

photo Offer_zpsatm1ivlf.jpg

We were in
Denisa
3.5 This one was better than I expected

I liked the MC, and I really liked the chemistry between the two.
Even the plot was decent, so in my book, it was an above-average read. Even more, the cover was really cool!

All in all, worth giving a try. It might surprise you!
Paige
Jun 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

I needed to read something light with easy banter and plenty of steam and for the most part that's what I got. I also an intensity that I wasn't expecting. We were introduced to Bram and Nicola in The Pact but this book explores them in a depth we didn't have before.

Bram is a playboy rich kid. Nicola is the opposite as a struggling single mom. When Nicola needs a hand the most, Bram is there to help her. The beginning part of the story shows that they almost had a one night stand that
Jenny (Reading Envy)
Confession #1: I was too embarrassed to post this book cover to Instagram/Twitter as a book I was currently reading. I don't believe in censorship but I also wasn't sure I believed in associating this book with my reading. Ha.

The cover is steamy; the book is not so much at first, dithering around the subjects of single parenting, childhood type 1 diabetes, and IKEA, and suddenly the storyline matches the cover. This happened to me as I was walking across campus to my office, earbuds in, feeling
Andrie
Jun 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
4,25 stars

Well I really loved this story and I have to say that it actually surprised me. I didn’t expect such a mature book. I loved the way Karina Halle developed her story and the characters, it was refreshing not reading again about annoying and immature people.
The story around the difficulties of being a single mom was actually very good and touching. Personally as a reader I could understand the whole situation and the battle of Nicola. As for Bram, well he is another story. I was really
Ellen ✦ Book Bellas ✦
Sweet and unexpectedly romantic and SEXY!! I love a story with a single mom and The Offer has that plus much more. I loved all the characters in this book, plus Steph and Lident make appearances as well. However, you do not need to have read The Pact to enjoy this story. Nicola is living on the edge, trying to make a home for her daughter Ava but struggling to make ends meet since Ava's dad is absent. Along comes Bram, who seems to be quite the sexy player, confident and bold.

But Bram isn't wha
The Offer is an adult contemporary romance novel written by Karina Halle. Although this book follows characters that were previously introduced in The Pact, The Offer is its own story and is marketed as a standalone novel. So far, these McGregor Brothers books can be read in any order.

I've gotta admit this one tugged on my heartstrings a little bit. Single mom, kid with medical problems, a man who is weighed down by past reputations. The struggles are real and I easily empathized with the charac
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
4 Bram perfect stars!

I love everything about this book....well first and most of all is Bram..he is sexy and dirty and oh did I mention Scotish! I love a man with an accent!

What I loved MOST about this book was this was a beautiful story about grown adults so there was no unnecessary drama..it was mature, realistic and SO much fun!

So what's it about?

Well we met Bram (Linden's brother) and single mom Nicola in the Pact and The Offer is their story.

You see Bram is all fun..he is a player and date
Nikki
Jun 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was really surprised by this one. I mean its Karina Halle, so I expected like explosions and shit followed by crazy Mexican dudes coming out of the bushes, saying "AHA I tricked you into thinking this was just a single mom down on her luck type of diddy!!!"
But nah, it really was single mom down on her luck type of diddy.

And I really liked it.
description

Which is saying a lot since I have been in the worst book funk where I think most everything I glance at is suckage.

Nicola is a single mom to a 5 year ol
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
**3 Stars**

Well I'm going to be the party pooper here because I didn't love this one.I truly believe that it was a serious case of "It's not you it's me".I just for the life of me couldn't get into this story and I felt no connection to these characters.I was so bored and I really contemplated DNFing but I HATE doing that so I marched on and finished it.

Long story short.Bram is a scotish dirty talking manwhore who sees Nicola as his next victim I mean conquest.Nicola is a single mom who is tryin
The Hopeless Romantics Book Blog
Review: Surj

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheHopelessR...
TSU: http://www.tsu.co/HopelessRomantics
Blog: http://thehopelessromanticsbookblog.b...

I absolutely loved Karina Halle's "The pact" and when she announced we'd be getting a spin off novel giving us Nicola and Bram's story, I was excited beyond belief. I mean honestly, I couldn't wait to get to know Bram a little better... OK so maybe a lot. Hey give the girl a break. He's a scotsman with an accent to die for and a side order of bad bo
Snow
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Oh brother...

The main character absolutely held no interest for me...I disliked the guy merely cause he was 'intense like a pest' very annoyingly present under the false descriprion for 'charm' *roll eyes*

And then I just gave into the meh action of aggravating angst and pent up tension of a climax in the plot that really just there to annoy me.

Damn, I guess this book came to me at the wrong time...even though, the 'enemies to.lovers' was the right trope, the execution of it was just tacky...

The
crίѕтίŋα•●♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥●•
4.5 stars :D

“Sometimes it’s the easiest, most simple things in life that bring you the most joy.”
- Nicola

“I know you’ve been burned. But I’ve been burned too. Maybe our ashes can make something beautiful together.”
- Bram
Syndi
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read The Play first before i read The Offer. I remember i love The Play and i was so transfix with miss Hale works after that.

The Play is about 2 persons who has been crash and burn, find each other and heal each other in the most intimate way. Bram certainly the perfect playboy hero. Skirt chaser who have soft heart when it comes to Nicola, a single mother.

Their relationship is well develop. There is that insta lust. But their love develop over time. I love the part where Bram grovel back t
Malene
Oct 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This series keeps getting better and better. I'm glad Karina Halle decided to make an adult romance series about people in their thirties. The characters and the topics are very relatable.

It's such a great core of people. I now know them from the first book, The Pact, so it's easy to dive back into the scene.

This book focuses on Nicola and Bram. Nicola, a single mom with a cute five year old daughter Ava. Bram, Linden's older brother. He's got money and can catch a chick whenever it pleases him.
Quinn's Quippy Quotes
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook, own
4.5 Stars!!

So, I'm officially dead. Damn. Why didn't I read these books sooner!?! Holy smokes. I loved it. I definitely have a soft spot for single parent romances. And this one, it might be a favorite. I. Loved. BRAM!! I couldn't wait for him to unveil why he has so much self loathing, and I never could've guessed it. I felt side swiped. T-boned. Clothes-lined. I didn't want to believe it. I wanted the Bram that I fell for. The cheeky pervert that pushed Nicola's limits. Damn. It was so good! A
Ali
May 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bram is a fucking king. Nicola is a rock. Ava is too damned adorable and I want to carry her in my pocket!
Angyy
May 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
”He looked at me like I was magic.”

I completely and absolutely LOVED The Pact, so you can imagine how excited I was when I found out Karina Halle was writing a spin-off about Linden's brother, Bram.
I have to say I wasn't really a Halle fan. I had tried some of her other books, but they just weren't for me. But with TP and now TO, she won me over completely.
I really hope she never stops writing contemporary romance. They're her best work imho!

Back to The Offer.
I’m not a fan of novels in whi
Ruth
This was OK. The first half of the book seemed to drag on a bit mostly due to the story (view spoiler). When it got to "the good stuff" the pace moved pretty quickly. Then there is a major drama (to which I think the heroine over reacted) and then it seemed to wrap up pretty quickly.

A plus of the book was Bram. He was Bramtastic! I liked Nicola for the most part as well, but all in all I was disappointed in the
offer 1 3 Mar 09, 2017 12:08AM

• Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Running Barefoot
  • Bomb: A Day in the Life of Spencer Shrike (Rook and Ronin Spinoff, #3)
  • Dirty Lines (Blurred Lines, #4)
  • Clutch
  • Vital Sign
  • Beware (Beware, #1)
  • Surviving Ice (Burying Water, #4)
  • King of Hearts (Hearts, #3)
  • Forever, Jack (Butler Cove, #2)
  • Pure Abandon (Abandon Collection 1)
  • Girl of Vengeance (Rachel's Peril, #3; Thompson Sisters, #7)
  • Sold Into Salvation
  • Cole (The Leaves, #2)
  • The Suit (Holly Springs, #1)
  • Prisoner of Poseidon (Villain's Love #2)
  • Her Master's Kiss 4 (Her Master's Kiss, #4)
  • Camouflage (Predator and Prey, #1)
Karina Halle is a former travel writer & music journalist and The New York Times, Wall Street Journal & USA Today Bestselling author of The Swedish Prince, The Pact, Love, in English, The Artists Trilogy, Bad at Love & over 45 other wild and romantic reads. She lives on an island off the coast of British Columbia with her husband and her adopted pup Bruce, where she drinks a lot of win ...more

The McGregor Brothers (5 books)
  • The Pact
  • The Play
  • The Lie
  • The Debt
“I think sometimes when you love something too much, you’re that much more aware of how much you have to lose” 13 likes
“Because people like to hold onto their ideas of what you are and who you are. They put you in a box and no matter how hard you try to show them what you’re really like, they can’t wrap their heads around it. They won’t. They only want you to be a certain way, the way they see you. To change that messes with their heads.” 12 likes