Start by marking “Shattered (Addicted Trilogy #2)” as Want to Read:
Shattered (Addicted Trilogy #2)

Shattered

(Addicted Trilogy #2)

Sara Hawthorne thought she had found the man of her dreams. He was caring, protective to a fault and desired her in ways she had only dreamed of. Her life was finally falling into place until a secret tore her new world apart. Reeling from a devastating betrayal, she ran from the only man who had broken down her defenses, making her feel alive after years of simply ...more
Published June 13th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Shattered, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shattered

Start your review of Shattered (Addicted Trilogy #2)
Deborah
Nov 23, 2015 rated it it was ok

What went wrong?

Despite its faults I really enjoyed the previous book 'Addicted' and I couldn't wait to start this one but now I'm left asking myself exactly what went wrong.
Despite my excitement I find I'm bored almost instantly, it's just not working for me and the only way I managed to get through it was by skimming.
I didn't like either Alek or Sara in this book and the book itself consists almost exclusively of arguing, more arguing, stupid misunderstandings, childish behaviour and sex.
Nikki  Malan
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shattered by S Nelson
Addicted was the first book in this trilogy and Shattered is the 2nd book. What I can say is the titles are perfect for each book. Book one you become addicted like a drug addict, you want more after you have finished and book two lives up to its name – it really shatters you. This book really plays on your emotions and Sara is a tough cookie by standing up to Alek. You feel for Alek and his determination to show Sara she is wrong to think the worst. What you believe to be
Beth, Hurricane Readers Book Reviews
What an amazing story.. the 2nd book is just as amazing as the first. book one ended with Sara fleeing from Alek. Why did he possess all of those pictures of her? What and how long has he known her and what was he hiding? Who was the man she gave her self to? He lied and Betrayed her.

Book two starts out with her still wondering with the thought of what Alek was really all about. She wasn't ready to talk to him. She wasn't ready to listen to his story,but not being with him made all the
Erin
Mar 14, 2016 rated it liked it
I just tried to review it and somehow it got deleted.. so ghetto review time!

We find out the secrets, but the story development is still lacking. The H becomes unbearable which is shocking because I loved him in the first book. So unbearable that I start skimming chapters. I still gave it three stars because I believe my expectations of this book, and maybe the trilogy, just weren't met. It may be a "It's not you, it's me" kind of thing.

I'm not continuing on with this story. It just went
kathleen
Aug 13, 2015 rated it did not like it
Horrible, absolute drivel

It was cringe worthy at times, and you wonder why she doesn't get a restraining order against him. Its totally unrealistic and makes women out to be crazy out of control lunatics.
Khanique McDaniel
Apr 07, 2017 rated it did not like it
I honestly don't know if I will be continuing to the last novel in this series. It just keeps getting worse. Nothing happens and when "something" finally does, it's honestly nothing. *_*

At the 69% mark when I was starting to think that we would, for the entirety of the novel, watch their day to day activities; Alek's "bombshell" was "dropped." Not much of a bomb but it beats adolescent arguments and boring sex.

They continue to be overly angry & emotional and I expected Alek's secret to be
Tracy Kincaid
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow what the hell will happen next? Love that they are really falling for each other. And the love making is great but what a cliffhanger!
Janee
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm missing something?

So with book things seems to get a little more juicier. I could be less frustrating if Alek and Sara didn't fight constantly. I felt I was left out about the second dairy characters lives. If the author is going to bring up their it I would liked if know how it ties into the story. Is there a spin off, or did I miss a book that ties to this series.

The story was really great it is keeping me wanting more

Cassie
Aug 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Better than the first, IMO. However, I'm still having a problem connecting to the characters in the book. I think it's because the author mainly focuses on nothing but the arguments and sex. The closest I came to feeling something was their interaction in the club where Alek didn't take himself so seriously and it was short lived.
Renata SG
Jan 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
OK WELL THIS BOOK DESERVES ITS 2 STARS. BOOK ONE WAS SLIGHTLY BETTER BUT THE WHOLE STORY INCLUDING THE CHARACTERS LACKED OOMPH.
SARA'S PAST NIGHTMARE LACKED DEPTH & I WAS LEFT DISAPPOINTED. SARA & ALEK WERE ANNOYING, ALEK BEING MORE SO & I'M
HOPING NOT ALL WILL BE LOST WITH THE NEXT BOOK SINCE I ALREADY PURCHASED IT
Paula Genereau
May 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Holy Moly!!!! Sandra has done it again. This book will knock your socks off. I love Sandra's style of writing and this book is HOT

Sara fell head over heels for Alec but a secret made her walk away. Can Alec get her to listen to what he has to say or will Sara be too stubborn to listen.
Serilin
Dec 26, 2019 rated it did not like it
Book Fanatic
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
The second installment, continues to follow the growing relationship of Alek and Sara. They both have formed connection they cannot deny and so despite having so much baggage they try to make their relationship work.

They face a lot more struggles and events that test their want for one another, but through each fight they seem to make it to the other side knowing that what they have is so much more than their hurtful pasts.

Shattered is full of emotion and the journey it takes for Alek and Sara
Patricia Anne. Dsvis
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sara gets kidnapped again

The continuous from addicted , Alek tried very hard to keep his distance but he fell deeply in love with her! All the time trying to keep her safe unfortunately the crazy Samuel had been released from the nut house and came after Sara again. Well Alek finds her kills the guy after Sara jumped in front of Samuel trying to kill Alek. Sara was shot, things got out control and Also tried to leave her .Recommend you read it great story. 5Stars
Jennifer Lynn
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Secrets secrets.....

As I thought I was done with these characters. I’m pulled back in by the love these two have for each other. She does a wonderful job pulling you back in from what you think is completely insane and makes you realize love and attraction can be completely overbearing.
TaylerLuvsRomance
Mar 24, 2019 rated it liked it
3 STARS

I feel like this book is missing that needed spark. That deep connection between the two of the characters. That overwhelming part of them that needs the other and not just that. It is missing the why. Missing the pull I need to feel between to characters that claim they love the other.

This story has so much potential but I feel as though it is falling flat.
Stacey Townsend
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Although at times Sara seems way too dramatic for my liking and takes things way out of proportion (seriously she gets too pissed off at times when I just don’t see the need in it). I have to admit I am enjoying the storyline of it all. I see Alek about to beat some serious butt in book 3!
Tiffany
Oct 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Shallow

I wanted more for this book. While the author tried to add a few elements of surprise, they fell a little flat for me. It was also just a little too mushy for me, end for a romance novel.
dee
Sep 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Love at first sight?

Certainly our leading man Alek, is a little older Christian Grey. Sara is our own sweet, shy Anastasia. These characters are great for one another The supporting characters were excellent too!
Flora L. Walker
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shattered

Intriguing nice Sequel I finished it in no time flat I pray in the next book Alex calms down he so possessive but Sexy Also it is nice to be loved and cherished b4 any vows
Jessica
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great twists and turns

I enjoyed this book .It kept me wondering and hoping all the way through .Great characters......Sara has real bottle and I admire that In a female character .Go girl.
Clare Mason
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cliff hangers I hate them

I hate cliff hangers yet I get the need for them the to be continued the what happens next - I have no patience even though I have the next book downloaded.... Damn cliff hangers
Courtney
Feb 06, 2019 rated it liked it
I thought this one was just okay. I feel like Sara not allowing Alek to explain himself for so long was a bit ridiculous. She could have met him in a public area if she did not want to be alone with him. But all in all it was an okay read.
Judy Churchill
Aug 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Of course this is a trilogy which always draws me in. There was a little more depth in this one so I’m on to the third and last book in the series - Wanted.
Sophie Forrester
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant

Another great read from S. Nelson, going to start reading the 3rd book. Couldn’t put this one or the first one down from start to finish.
Maryann
Dec 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
This series just seemed to be missing something. could have been a lot better. still a nice read.
Krystal Breedlove
Mar 16, 2019 rated it did not like it
Could not finish.

Just as dry and predictable as its predecessor.
Cheri
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Page turner

Couldn't put this book down. It's slow in parts and reminds me of fifty shades but is well written, can't wait to start third book
Connie Brown
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Exciting and sensual.... Great characters and story Can't wait for book three except it is the last one... Nw that is sad
Kerri Pennell
Jun 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Could not put this book down

I cannot wait to read the next book in the series. Definitely recommend reading anything by this author. Great series.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Beautiful Surrender (Forever, #3)
  • Secret Surrender (Forever, #2)
  • Forbidden Surrender (Forever, #1)
  • The Baby Clause 2.0 (The Contract, #1.5)
  • Intricate Deceptions (Intricate, #1)
  • Shattered (Broken Trilogy, #2)
  • Mended (Broken Trilogy, #3)
  • Just like Grey (Series ONE Complete Set): Billionaire Romance
  • Remi's Secret (Night of the Diamonds #3)
  • The Contract (The Contract, #1)
  • Broken (Broken Trilogy, #1)
  • The Master (Manhattan Records Book 3)
  • The Amendment (The Contract, #2)
  • Breathless (Steel Brothers Saga, #10)
  • Escape (Blackstone, #2)
  • Honor (Blackstone, #1)
  • Obsession (Steel Brothers Saga, #2)
  • Possession (Steel Brothers Saga #3)
S. Nelson grew up with a love of reading and a very active imagination, never putting pen to paper, or fingers to keyboard until 2013.

Her passion to create was overwhelming, and within a few months she’d written her first novel, Stolen Fate. When she isn’t engrossed in creating one of the many stories rattling around inside her head, she loves to read and travel as much as she can.

She lives in

Addicted Trilogy (3 books)
  • Addicted (Addicted Trilogy, #1)
  • Wanted (Addicted Trilogy, #3)