Start by marking “Percy Jackson's Greek Gods” as Want to Read:
Percy Jackson's Greek Gods

Percy Jackson's Greek Gods

(Percy Jackson and the Olympians companion book)

4.49  ·  Rating details ·  44,497 ratings  ·  3,372 reviews
Siapa yang bisa memberitahu kisah awal mula dewa-dewi Olympus lebih baik dibanding seorang anak demigod di masa kini?

Percy Jackson mengungkap pandangan orang dalam dengan banyak lagak dalam kumpulan kisah ini.

Saat sebuah penerbit di New York memintaku menuliskan apa yang kuketahui tentang dewa-dewi Yunani, tanggapanku adalah, “Apa kita bisa melakukannya secara anonim?
Published July 29th 2015 by Noura Books (Mizan) (first published January 1st 2014)

·  44,497 ratings  ·  3,372 reviews

Start your review of Percy Jackson's Greek Gods
Christine Riccio
FINISHED THIS AND LOVED IT! Here's my review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBm6K...
Natalie Monroe

Reasons to read Percy Jackson's Greek Gods to your kids (or let them read on their own without any parental censoring):

1. R-rated action

There's rape—in so many forms! Zeus ravaging Demeter as a cobra, Poseidon ravaging Demeter as a horse, Hades kidnapping Demeter...'s daughter, Persephone to be his wife and play footies with under the covers. Actually, throw zoophilia in there too.

And incest! Zeus married his sister, Hera; Hades married his niece; Poseiden bumped uglies with his
Maureen
May 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SO FLIPPING GOOD!!! Percy is a hilarious narrator, as you would expect, and hearing about the Greek Gods from his perspective is so interesting! I listened to the audiobook and I HIGHLY recommend it!
Note: don't read until you've read PJO and HOO - there are references to those that could be considered spoilers.
Neha
Oct 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pre-Reading Review: (Real Review included below :D)
Do I really need to elaborate how this book will deserve more than 5 stars? Because being a Percy Jackson and basically a Rick Riordan fan, we 'know' how awesome this book is gonna be. But if you really wanna know why, here are some reasons-
1. Book Cover- FANTABULOUS COVER! Seriously, The cover says all! How can you not just get the urge to peek inside a little after seeing the cover of this book?

2. Percy's POV - Percy Jackson, who being a
lucie
Jul 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Teacher: Does anyone know something about Greek Mythology?
Me (after reading Percy Jackson's book):

description

I wrote it many times, but one more time: You don't find better book about Greek Mythology than those from Rick Riordan. He should definitely write all text books, because he would turn studying in something you will enjoy. In this book you get to know main Greek Gods in a hilarious way, which can provide only Rick's writing style.

She (Tethys) ended up marrying Oceanus, which was kind of a
Kerri
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I didn't connect with this at all. The humour that I enjoy in the Percy Jackson books just bugged me in this. I guess I like my mythology to be a little more serious. Before long I was having to grit my teeth a little as I pushed through and I was relieved when I finally finished it.

The insert of artwork by John Rocco were gorgeous. I may buy the larger, full-colour version of this, as I feel more of his art would elevate the book for me.
Namratha
Oh, so much fun.

I am an ardent PERCY JACKSON fan. And I don't care if Rick Riordan is milking a cash cow here by spinning out...er....spinoffs.

I will read them all.

Percy Jackson telling the tale of the Greek Gods, or to be more precise, his sincerely powerful and definitely dysfunctional family is pure gold. In vintage Seaweed-Brain style, the treatement of the Gods is irreverent, bordering on cheeky and utterly lacking in blind adulation. Percy tells it like it is.

From Gaia who probably
Cri (PaperbacksandPizza)
English/Italiano

First of all, I have to say I am not a native english speaker so, please, I prefer to not be attacked, if I made any mistakes. Instead of do that, it would be nice if you corrected me, thank you :)

I wrote this review ages ago, but I’m posting it just now because I wrote it in a piece of paper and I, uhm, am a lazy person so I left the review in paper instead of writing it on computer. The reason why I didn’t write it in computer at first is because it got broken (it still is and

Hannah Cook
Aug 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is easily the best book of Greek myths ever! It was interesting, I learned a lot, and best of all, it was narrated by PERCY. FREAKING. JACKSON! All the sass we know and love was back and better than ever! Also, THE FUNNY CHAPTER TITLES YESSSS! Words can't describe how much I miss the chapter titles in the Heroes of Olympus!
All the stories in this book were so well put together, which in itself was great, but they were so funny! It's rare I didn't grin really big at least a few times a
Leahxx
Jan 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I haven't laughed so much reading a book in a while. This was so refreshing. I love Rick Riordan, and Percy obviously haha
Julie
Oct 25, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
So goddamn excited about this it's unreal.
Marija
Already giving it 5 stars because I read the first chapter and it's hilarious xD You're going to love this so much.

http://chbwiki.tumblr.com/post/801278... (Introduction)
http://chbwiki.tumblr.com/post/801308... ( I )
http://chbwiki.tumblr.com/post/801311... ( II )
Sara
I've read all the Percy Jackson books, and the Heroes of Olympus series, so thought I'd enjoy this. I did.

Rick Riordan took on a mammoth task in compiling this book, with so many myths and legends surrounding Greek mythology. This is a great introduction to the twelve main Gods of Olympus for middle school children, with enough of the gore and violence left in to keep it interesting. By managing to stick solely to the main Gods, Riordan manages to keep the stories within the book on track,
Anna
Sep 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, half-stars
By the gods, I missed Percy's narrative so much that starting this book I almost physically started hurting from the rainbows that developed in my tummy. I pretty much loved The Heroes of Olympus, but third POV just didn't suit Percy at all and I think he missed some of his magic that way.

Seriously, could you imagine this:
"...First I'll tell you how the world got made. Then I'll run down a list of gods and give you my two cents about each of them. I just hope I don't make them so mad they
Lia
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Percy Jackson & Greek mythology
Shelves: favorites, 2019
This made me laugh so much from beginning to end. I mean, Percy as a narrator, need I say more? :')
Aimee ♥ | Aimee, Always
It's been a while since I've laughed this hard while reading! I simply adored reading from Percy's POV again. In fact, I might need to find some time to reread all the PJO books! John's illustrations were gorgeous as well--especially the ones for Demeter, Hephaestus and Ares.
Miss Book
Apr 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-reads, fantasy
“You're already married!" Hera protested. "To me!"
"Curses!" said Zeus. "Er, I mean, of course, dear.”

4.75
This was so good! I was always fascinated by Greek myths, but from Percy's POV the story gets even better. There was so much that I learned. And of course the humor and all modern day references were on point.
Mentioning little details from the PJO and HOO just warmed my heart and made me realize how much I missed this world and the characters. However,some of them might be considered
Nabila
Aug 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So, Rick Riordan strikes again. I knew it would be awesome but what I didn't know that it would be this AWESOME! And after a long time we got the whole package of Percy. Greek mythology always enchants me, but after reading this book, I am totally blown-away! It's just an epic masterpiece! I just gulped it! :D And the illustrations! They are just mind- blowing! Percy should write more often from now. It was a really really pleasant reading. I wish all my text books were written in this way.
Eric Boot
Aug 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Percy Jackson-world is my second favourite book world of all time (after Harry Potter) and it was so fantastic to read this book. Greek mythology is one of my interests I'd probably make my job of. I learn classical Greek in school, which also teaches us about myths and gods so YES THIS WAS MY CUP OF TEA! I HAVE TO RE-READ PERCY JACKSON QUICKLY!
Rusty Grey
Rick Riordan's short story collections have made me fall in love with short stories again . Only if all other were this entertaining and funny .
Zenki the Hermit
Jan 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have been taken to a whole new level of story-telling. I think it's a witty way to share the stories and legends of Greek myth because really. Who would want to suffer oldies like Edith Hamilton's Greek Mythology? Kidding.

This is a great way to encourage a lot of people, especially children, to be aware of Greece's history and beliefs. This book hits two birds with one stone by being both educational and entertaining. A very impressive publication, Uncle Rick!

Also... Yay! Percy! A relief
MischaS_
Nov 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cannot-wait, pb, english
I liked it. But because I know the Greek mythology very well sometimes it was a bit boring. Still, it got the Percy Jackson vibes. So 3 and a half stars.
Rebecca
My original review was deleted. This is because its an absolute trashy-fangirly mess written when I was 14! I may come to read this later and review it critically.
Sesana
Oct 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mythology, nonfiction
The major Greek gods, as described by Percy Jackson. Sounded good to me! I expected Percy's trademark snark, and I got plenty of that. I didn't expect it to be so detailed. I probably should have. I've never known Riordan to skimp on the research. I guess I just didn't realize how big this book would be: 300+ pages in a large-scale book. Sure, it's illustrated, but not heavily. I'm surprised to note that this is one of the most informative books of Greek myths I've ever read. Obviously, Annabeth ...more
Pranta Ghosh Dastider
You know my buddy Percy Jackson, right? If you don't, then a big WHAT for you. Go and know him already.

You might not know me. I am but a human friend of Percy. My name is Jersey Faction. I live in Boston. Happy with my mom and dad (they are both human btw! No gods were involved in the conspiracy of bringing me to Earth. Lucky me!) . I don't go to school (I just read at home. No curriculum studies or such bullshit, only fiction. Hey! don't complain. I am a fiction myself, so I am allowed to be
TL
Sep 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of series and/or the Greek Myths
If this had been the regular book, I probably wouldn't have finished but hearing Percy narrate made this book so much fun to listen to :)

I cracked up quite a few times at Percy's comments and the way he told the stories. (The Ares and Aphrodite getting caught by Hephaestus's net and the Typhon/Typhoeus stories were my favorites. One part of the latter story however made me glad I wasn't eating).

Hearing some of these punishments had me wanting to smack or shake the gods... some of them got
Dee☾
Jan 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED THIS! IT MAKES ME LOVE PERCY SO MUCH MORE (IF THAT WAS EVEN POSSIBLE!)

My small "full" review posted on my blog at The Bookish Khaleesi
Kelly Brigid ♡
"Did they live happily ever after? HAHAHAHAHA. No."

Sure beats reading the Odyssey.

Aurélie
Dec 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
More reviews on my blog, Exploring Pages.
“Hermes played a little Mozart and some One Direction, and Apollo cried, ‘I must have it! The girls will go wild for that!”.
― Rick Riordan, Percy Jackson's Greek Gods

Actual rating: 4.5 stars

Percy Jackson's Greek Gods is Greek mythology at its finest. What's not to love about the return of the fabulous Percy Jackson's point of view? I can honestly say I missed his voice more than anything. He's that quirky, smart and sarcastic character you can't help
Favorite God/Goddess 25 59 Apr 21, 2019 07:47PM
Percy Jackson's Greek Gods 1 6 Oct 25, 2017 05:01AM
percy jackson series 1 1 Apr 25, 2017 08:16AM

• Percy Jackson
  • The Sea of Monsters: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • The Titan's Curse: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #3)
  • The Red Pyramid: The Graphic Novel (The Kane Chronicles: The Graphic Novels, #1)
  • The Son of Neptune: The Graphic Novel (The Heroes of Olympus: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • The Lost Hero: The Graphic Novel  (The Heroes of Olympus: The Graphic Novels, #1)
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #4)
  • Demigods and Magicians (English)(Paperback)
  • Aru Shah and the End of Time (Pandava Quartet, #1)
  • The Throne of Fire: The Graphic Novel  (The Kane Chronicles: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • Percy Jackson
  • Percy Jackson Mad Libs
  • Rick Riordan
  • The Serpent's Shadow: The Graphic Novel (The Kane Chronicles, #3)
  • Percy Jackson and the Greek Gods (English)(Paperback)
  • The School for Good and Evil (The School for Good and Evil, #1)
  • Four: A Divergent Story Collection (Divergent, #0.1 - 0.4)
  • The Colossus Rises (Seven Wonders, #1)

Percy Jackson and the Olympians (5 books)
  • The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)
  • The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2)
  • The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3)
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4)
  • The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5)
“I wake up every morning and think: You know what would be good today? Not dying.” 108 likes
“So Aphrodite married Hephaestus and the celebrity ship Aphrophaestus completely dominated Olympian tabloid news for like a thousand years. Did they live happily ever after? HAHAHAHAHA. No.” 97 likes