Start by marking “Remains To Be Scene (Polly Pepper, #1)” as Want to Read:
Remains To Be Scene (Polly Pepper, #1)

Remains To Be Scene (Polly Pepper #1)

3.31  ·  Rating details ·  59 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
What if Carol Burnett had starred in "Murder, She Wrote?" Jordan answers that question with a wink and a giggle in his debut mystery starring Polly Pepper. The dish on real-life Hollywood, past and present, enlivens the start of a promising series.--"Publishers Weekly."
Published January 1st 2008 by Kensington (first published February 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Remains To Be Scene, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Remains To Be Scene

V. Briceland
Aug 17, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
One of my enduring pet peeves with the subgenre of the 'cute' murder mystery is how callously its usually-adorable and winsome leads behave while solving a comical and quaint little murder or two—when in reality, the stench of crime is pretty dreadful, and can never be obscured by buckets of syrupy banter and sugary character quirks. Remains To Be Scene neatly manages to bypass that typical shortcoming, however, by making its lead detectives as thoroughly unpleasant as its murder victims, thus n ...more
Christine
Jun 27, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: will-not-finish
I found this one randomly while we were cleaning my grandma's attic. Figured I hadn't read a good mystery in a while so, I decided to bring it home...I still haven't read a good mystery in a while. I think my grandma had this one in her attic for a reason! The story was not engaging and the characters were irritating, immature and shallow.
Sandra
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
Not terribly impressed with this book.

It is the first I have read by R.T. Jordan. The mystery was far too much about Hollywood celebrities and not nearly enough about the mystery.

Way too much name dropping.

The culprit was pretty obvious from the start.

Kevin
Aug 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What if Carol Burnett had starred in Murder She Wrote? Jordan answers that question with a wink and a giggle in his debut mystery starring Polly Pepper, an aging, Emmy-winning TV actress. Polly, unfortunately, hasn't worked in years, so she's thrilled when she comes up for a part in Detention Rules, a teen romp. To Polly's dismay, Sedra Stone, her longtime rival, steals the role. When Sedra belly flops to her death in an empty pool after her first day of filming, Polly gets another chance—until ...more
Mark Baker
Mar 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2007, mystery
Aging Hollywood star Polly Pepper finds the road to a comeback is dangerous when she steps into a role that lead to two murders on a movie set. Filled with Hollywood gossip and over the top characters, it's a fun debut that suffers from some rough writing.

Read my full review at Carstairs Considers.
Nadine
Jun 04, 2011 rated it it was ok
I'm just not one to be impressed with Hollywood people or goings-on. So the book had a strike against it from the very beginning. I also can't stand people who think they are important and do everything they can to impress others, especially name dropping. Strike two. The the star and everyone around her were lushes, and felt that homsexuality is normal. Strike three. The only good part was discovering who was the murderer.
Becky
Jun 18, 2008 rated it did not like it
Shelves: mysteries
I didn't like the characters in this one. I thought the heroine (washed-up Hollywood actress who lives with her son and maid named Placenta) was completely unsympathetic. She's rude and pathetic, her son doesn't do anything, and I don't understand her relationship with her maid - sometimes they seem all buddy-buddy, sometimes not. I gave up on this one less than halfway through.
Tatiana
May 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
she's plucky and arrogant, yet delightfully entertaining, while you suppress the groan that makes her kind of charming...all in all it was a good read with an entertaining family unit in the story, and as non-traditional as one would expect of Hollywood.
Melea
Feb 24, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, series
Polly Pepper is a former television star who spends most of her days drinking and solving TV mysteries. (she is really a likable character) Now, she finds herself solving a real murder, and she does it with charm and style!
Riri
Dec 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-reads
Took me forever to finish(because of other priorities) but when I went back reading, I couldn't put it down :)

Judi
Mar 05, 2012 added it
HATED this book. I usually will keep going with a series even if I am only lukewarm into the first book in the series. Not the case here. If I could give it a minus 1 star, I would.
Jeanette
Oct 01, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: boring, 1-books
This was a very boring book.
Samantha
Mar 08, 2008
Rocío
Oct 14, 2012
Jamie
rated it did not like it
Jul 07, 2010
Oct 20, 2013
Barbara
Apr 02, 2016 rated it did not like it

Polly Pepper (4 books)
  • Final Curtain (Polly Pepper, #2)
  • A Talent For Murder