Start by marking “Kola (The Essien Trilogy Book 4)” as Want to Read:
Kola (The Essien Trilogy Book 4)

Kola

(The Essien Series #4)

When sassy heiress, Tari Essien, needs a place to escape the pressures of the hounding press, she turns to Kola Banks, a deeply scarred ex-soldier who's also the Essien chief of security. Kola can't offer Tari anything more than his protection. She's family for goodness sake, even if they share no blood ties.

It’s a weekend of lessons for both of them. Together they can't
Published June 16th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Kola, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kola

Start your review of Kola (The Essien Trilogy Book 4)
Lea Bronsen
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was an incredibly hot and interesting read. Hot because Kola is to die for - tortured hero on one hand, and gorgeous, smoldering sex teacher on the other - and culturally interesting because the romance is set in Africa for once. I love the author's writing style, too, and definitely look forward to reading more of this series!!
Freyja
Oct 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Kola is the second book of Kiru Taye I managed to read and as usually I was like Wow Wow and of course I swept my sleep for 2 days because of the sweetness and the well writing of this chapter .

As Tony, Kola seems to have his dark side because of his past. He didn’t want to engage himself in a relationship like Folasade Adu would say « SOMEBODY ALREADY BROKE HIS HEART» but seeing how Tara managed to turn over his world . I was like Hummm Heart is something that can be rebuilt quick I
His past
SassyMama
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another romantic mystery suspense...Kola and Tari are FIYAH as a couple...their budding romance sizzled throughout the pages. They were good for one another...and I love the way they took care of each other...and the instant bond between Tari and Nike was so sweet...too bad interference from Mumsie (Angela) kept Kola from claiming Tari’s heart a long time ago...but so glad they found each other again and worked it out...AGAIN this story although quite intriguing was filled with lots of editing ...more
Jennifer Douglas-Hinkson
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My favorite in this series

I totally enjoyed the whole series of the Essien men who love their family and love their women hard. Kola and Tari’s story is my favorite. Kola is hot hot hot, and loves his adoptive family. He has always loved and protected Tari and once Tari realized that the love she was looking for was right in front of her face she went for it. This story was well written and gave insite into Nigerian life and culture. I loved this story so much I read it twice. Great read.
Abby G. Amos
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another Excellent Read!

I think this book is my new favorite one in the series! Oh, talk about excitement, passion, jealousy, deceit, and so much more in one book! I know all who reads this book will really enjoy it! I will definitely recommend this book to !
Vicki Ballante
Jul 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book was gifted to me in exchange for a review.

Kiru always writes hot romance. Although I haven't read the earlier books in this series, I had no problem picking up this romance and immediately getting taken into the characters and their lives. I loved the start of this book - it had me hooked right in with learning about Kola's childhood. I immediately sympathised with him and was rooting for him. Plus I took a liking to the whole family and their set up. I loved that Kola was attracted to
sophia
Jun 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
GREAT SERIES!

I loved Kola's story. In the previous series, he was always serious and on top of the family's security and well being. We learn more of Kola's background and why he is the way he is.
Kola has a tough childhood. After his mother died, he ends up on the street filthy and hungry. He becomes a part of a group of boys living on the street but surviving. Koala is shot when he's the look when they attempt to burglarized Chief Essien's home. The Chief take and raises Kola with his sons .
Doris
Jun 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Oh, Kola. *swoons* It seems like forever that I've been waiting for his story, and let me tell you the wait was so worth it. I have a new book boyfriend.

Kiru has created a fantastic hero in Kola, tortured, sexy, honorable, yet with a streak of the bad boy we all love to fall for, and like all great heroes when he falls, he falls hard.

I devoured this story in one sitting, as I simply could not put it down. The sex scenes are sizzling, the romance intense, and the moments of supense made my heart
Nana Prah
Jul 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Here’s the thing about Kola- yum, yum, and give me some more. I’ve been half in love with Kola since book one of the Essien series. There was something so appealing about him that I wanted to learn more about him.

I didn’t care for Tari at first. I couldn’t understand her behavior. As time went on and I learned more about her motivations, she grew on me. There was one scene in particular where I knew without a doubt she was worthy of my Kola.

The tenderness of the long time crush Kola had on Tari
Zee Monodee
Jul 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'd been waiting for this book! Ever since meeting Kola in Book1 of the Essien Trilogy, I have been on Ms. Taye's back to get Kola's story written. She took her sweet time (nah, not really!) but when she delivered...Wow! Oh my goodness! I could go on and on with such expressions but you get the drift!

In what is probably the sexiest, hottest, and most sinful book of this whole series, Kiru delivers us two people we've been encountering on and on throughout the Essien Trilogy. Having Kola ending
UrbanHooks
Jul 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Protector needs love too...

Kola was a fierce protector for those he loved. He also protected his heart with the same ferociousness. Deep down he was a teddy bear who needed the love and tenderness of a woman who truly cared about him and his. Tari needed the love and protection of a real man who truly appreciated and understood her lifestyle. She secretly longed for the taste of something out of the ordinary to banish her heiress boredom. When Tari started etching away at Kola's hard
Omolara
Jun 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I got this book as a gift. I swear I have had a crush on Kola the first time I met him in the first instalment of the Essien trilogy. He was always kinda mysterious.
And with him having his own story, I am in love with him. A lovely and truly sexy story. Tari is a handful but Kola clearly carries the story on his sexy shoulders
He is the real hero. A truly hot and sexy as sin story.
Selina Durio
Sep 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Just as with the other books in this series, this installment was fantastic. Kola was adopted into the Essien household at the age of eight after a rough start at life. Kira was raised like a princess. To see them mature and get their HEA and how the author wove this story made for an enjoyable read.
Henza R.
Jul 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great story!
I loved the characterisation, the flow and the theme of the story. There is a great reflection of the modern Africa.
The plot is amazing. I don't regret the time I spent reading such a beautiful read.
Cenora Morgan
Oct 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A good read

Please read all the books in this series they are all good read from beginning to the end i enjoy them
Wendy Williams
Jul 20, 2016
Yvonne
Oct 02, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »

• T.A.G. You're Heard (The Assassins' Guild, #2)
  • T.A.G. You're Seen (The Assassins' Guild, #1)
  • A New Empire (Fog City, #3)
  • King Slayer (Fog City, #2)
  • Jah (Them Boys #2)
  • Inside (Death Row Chronicles #1)
  • Into the Gray (The Color of Love #1)
  • Captivating (Elite Protection Services #2)
  • Into Deep Waters
  • A Powerful Attraction (Quicksand Book 1)
  • Whatever It Takes
  • The Secrets in My Scowl
  • The Guy in the Window
  • When Death Frees the Devil (Death and the Devil, #3)
  • Truth (Wolves of Walker County, #1)
  • Let Me Free You (McClain Brothers #4)
  • Let Me Hold You (McClain Brothers #2)
  • Do Over (Brooks Family Book 2)
As a lover of romance novels, Kiru wanted to read stories about Africans falling in love. When she couldn’t find those books, she decided to write the stories she wanted to read.

Kiru writes sensual stories featuring African characters whether on the continent or in the Diaspora. When she's not writing you can find her either immersed in a good book or catching up with friends and family. She

The Essien Series (7 books)
  • Keeping Secrets (The Essien Trilogy, #1)
  • Making Scandal (The Essien Trilogy, #2)
  • Riding Rebel (The Essien Trilogy, #3)
  • Freddie Entangled (The Essien Trilogy, #6)
  • A Very Essien Christmas (The Essiens #5)
  • Freddie Untangled (The Essiens #7)