Start by marking “Elude (Eagle Elite, #6)” as Want to Read:
Elude (Eagle Elite, #6)

Elude

(Eagle Elite #6)

This book is the sixth book in the internationally bestselling Eagle Elite Series. It's an interconnected stand alone novel with no cliffhanger.

Twenty-Four hours before we were to be married--I offered to shoot her.
Ten hours before our wedding--I made a mockery of her dying wish.
Five hours before we were going to say our vows--I promised I'd never love her.
One hour before
Published July 9th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Elude, please sign up.

Cristina
Sep 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, mafia-men
Warning: If you are an Eagle Elite fan (like me) don't read my review...just pick up the book and read it...it will be totally worth it!

How can a book not have a happy ending but end happily at the same time?

description

Ok...maybe "happily" it's not the right word...more like beautifully. Yes! This book had a tragic but beautiful ending. I honestly cried my eyes out the last 5% of the story and I couldn't do anything to stop it...

description

It was finally time for Sergio to get his story and live happily ever after
Jen
If you have been following me recently, then you know I had come back to the "Eagle Elite' series after taking a break. This installment is book six in the series, and even though I sobbed happy and sad tears...this book has been the best in the series so far...and it absolutely gutted me; and is one of those epic romances that I won't ever forget.

This series is about five mafia families, who are all interconnected. I have to say that the five young mafia bosses whom are young bosses, and who ha
Aya Hamza
4.5 Stars.

“I don't to save the world- I just want to save you.”

This book is so similar to The Fault in Our Stars, and I was always avoiding reading "The Fault in Our Stars"!!
But I can tell I liked this book more than TFIOS. This book deserves to be read!
I hate reading about cancer or diseases overall, this book made me cry a lot, UGLY CRYING!
The book can be read as a stand-alone -as I did-, or within the whole series. I took some time to understand everything about the book characters, ther
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo Free Li xB by sb_zpsamwuwffk.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (5/19/2016)

This sounds amazing!
Stand-alone book 6. No cliffy. Books are inter-connected, but can be read as stand-alones.

BLURB:
Twenty-Four hours before we were to be married--I offered to shoot her.
Ten hours before our wedding--I made a mockery of her dying wish.
Five hours before we were going to say our vows--I promised I'd never love her.
One hour before I said I do--I vowed I'd never shed a tear over her death.
But the minute we were pronounced man and wife--I knew.

I'd
Shanny
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mafia
So how do I explain this book...

So while reading this book you will be doing this :

And this

And finally this

description

Elude was such heartbreakingly touching story. It's a story about love, friendship, family, life and death!

" Just because our love feels short doesn't mean it is. Our love is forever"

Sergio and Andi made a great couple. She was the sunlight that warmed his life!
Andi was such fun, take no crap, sarcastic Russian beauty. She loved life and didn't let her illness bring her down. She want
Jacqueline's Reads
Sep 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 Twirling Stars

Elude is the sixth book in the Eagle Elite series. Each book is a standalone, because each book focuses on a different character, but I strongly suggest you read it from start to finish, it’s the best way in my opinion.

I went into Elude blindly. I do that with ALL Rachel Van Dyken books. Let me explain to you my love for RVD. She’s like the go-to romance novelist for me. If I’m in a bind and I need something to get me distracted from my stress filled real life world, I pick up he
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

#elude

Do you believe that there is that one moment in your life that can alter your fate? Alter the course and change your perspective on love and life forever? If so, be prepared to get mesmerized for a story that will utterly leave you wanting more. A story that will grip you and take you on an emotional roller-coaster ride. A ride that will leave you breathless, raw, and exposed. A ride that will steal your heart. And in this sixth installment
Heather
Jun 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Where do I even begin. I don't think I can even put into words what this book did to me. I laughed, I cried, and I even sobbed through 25% of the book. Like literally sobbed, where I couldn't even see the writing on my kindle.

This little snippet from Elude sums up the entire book.

It's odd, when you face death every day, when you elude it, when you finally come to terms with the fact that you won't be on earth for forever -- that's when you think you're at peace.

I thought I was okay with dying.

U
Vishous
Oh the drama, oh the "Sob Fest"...

Pitty.

It started actually good, but like in the second chapter that feeling evaporated and became frustrating. Like all of that happens in the span of 2 weeks and it's just ridiculous. RI.DI.CU.LO.US.
Anne Mercier
Rachel Van Dyken is a literary genius who always brings on the feels! From the wit and banter to the nail-biting and tears, this novel has it all. Elude doesn't let you elude at all... as you read, you face the good and bad parts of life head-on along with Sergio and Andi, living and loving with them, laughing and crying with them, and finding solace in the family they didn't know they were looking for. I'll warn you: You will need tissues... and wine. I recommend lots of wine too... after all, ...more
Jennifer Wyk
May 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Eagle Elite series is without a doubt a series that one day I'll be passing to my kids to read and they'll devour just as quickly and earnestly as I do. The entire series has everything that makes a book great. Romance. Suspense. Heart break. Friendship. Love. And somehow, some way, every book gets better. How Rachel Van Dyken accomplishes this, I will never know.

Elude is a story of two incredible people who are brought together as individuals suffering alone. It's a story of those two indi
Valentina "TinchyB"
Jul 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 BIG ONES!!!!!

Who in the God's name made me read this book,
now, of all the time?!
I so did not need this cancer read just when I lose my granny from that damn disease?
But,I loved every page of it and I mean it.

description

First,take this as a warnning but this damn book has no happy ever after!

description

Yes,I said it and I couldn't care less about rat's ass if you all go screaming on me "spoiler alert" and shit...
When I came to last page of this book I was half blind from tears,
and half raged where is ending of this
Yessi Smith
Apr 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I only have one word to describe Elude: Beautiful. Beautiful, graceful, awe-inspiring. Okay, three words.

Rachel Van Dyken tackles a delicate subject in a way I’ve yet to encounter in any book. Because let’s face it, facing one’s death is ugly and gut wrenching. But Andi was so beautiful, so optimistic, so completely Andi, that watching her go through her struggles inspired me. She is my hero and so much more than my favorite character in any book.

And Sergio. When forced to marry and protect a d
Jenn
How am I supposed to type when tears are pouring down my face?? And it's not the simple cute tears. No, it's the big fat ugly crocodile tears. The ones that make your eyes all puffy and your head hurt. That's what this book did to me. But it wasn't all sad tears. Oh no, this book had many beautiful moments that made me cry lots of happy tears as well.

This story is a story of love, family, heartache and hope. It's about coming together, because you're family. It's about forgiving yourself for the
Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》
Oct 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: love-hate
Screw Fault in our Stars, read this! *cries*

“I don't want to save the world,
...I just want to save you.”

"Twenty-Four hours before we were to be married,
. . I offered to shoot her."

HE REALLY DID!!! He is such a big sweetheart!

"Ten hours before our wedding,
. . I made a mockery of her dying wish."

"Five hours before we were going to say our vows,
. . I promised I'd never love her."

"One hour before I said I do,
. . I vowed I'd never shed a tear over her death."

"But the minute we were pronounced man
Tahsin
DNF @ 50% for my own sanity

Everything was going perfectly well, and this one was well on its way to being my favorite of the series - and then, I read the epilogue.
(view spoiler)
Kara Hildebrand (Two Book Pushers)
**6 Stars**

The Eagle Elite series just keeps getting better. It still has the humor, sexiness and suspense. But, the last two books have been darker, edgier and extremely emotional. I cried and cried and cried through Elude. Rachel's writing is spectacular and just keeps getting better. These characters have more depth and love in every book. I have had a thing for Sergio since the beginning. There was just something about him that called to me and I was so glad that everyone was going to see th
Stevie
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*Starts review*
*Backspaces*
*Types again*
*Deletes furiously*
*Shuts off computer*
*Crawls into bed*
*Hides away from the world*
*Suffers with my feelings for twentysixty days*

I'll have to get back to you.

(I'm back!)

--ARC provided in return for honest review--

There are days when you struggle to read through a book. You start story after story, waiting for the moment it captures you and takes you to that place that you so desperately need to go. After a while, with countless unsuccessful books sitting
Shannon Moore
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“I'd done good.
I'd done good by her.
By me.
And I'd accomplished what I'd been set on Earth to do.
Love Andi.”

With God as my witness, this is my favourite book of the series, hands down. Hell, its one of my favourite books all year.

This.
Sergio.
Andi.
I just can't. I'm not moving on with this series yet, I need to love these two for a little longer still.
Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
You know what, this book is worth waiting for and I didn't expect Ms. Van Dyken will put such kind of twist. Rachel Van Dyken officially broke my heart. My goddamn feels. I am not prepared for this, I bawled like a baby. I don't have tissues with me.

Everything damn hurts.
My heart hurts for Sergio.
My heart hurts for Andi.

Such a heartbreaking story. So damn beautiful. I am carried away. I cannot think of coherent thoughts because it damn hurts. I just can't. I have no words and this is all I can
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***audiobook***

Holy hell!! Just take my heart and rip it to shreds! My God! I thought Eulogy was a hard read, but this! This broke my soul.

Andi! God, could I love her more? Nope. Her vibrancy and outlook on life is phenomenal. They way she brings Sergio to life is every single thing! I love them together. I love their story! It was epic. It was love. It was the epitome of romance.

Must read for sure!
Darcy
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
May 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Elude (Eagle Elite #6) by Rachel Van Dyken
5 stars!!!

“I’ll love you…until we both shall live.”

This is a series that I have had on my radar for an age. Unfortunately, when I discovered it I was already so many books behind I couldn’t find time to go back and catch up and because I am a bit anal I like to read in order. However, a friend of mine said, you need to read this book and it can be read as a standalone, nothing was catching my attention on my kindle so I downloaded and dived in. Five
Sam
Jul 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing

This book, well, it should come with a survival guide or something. If I could give you readers advice on what you need for your self-help pack it would be these items:

1: KLEENEX- At least 5 boxes
2: WINE- Red, White, Rosè or all, six bottles!
3: A PILLOW- To silence your howls!
4: Chocolate, Ice Cream, Pasta- Not all mixed together but if you choose to do this, that's on you! These are just comfort foods I ate to get me through!
5: A TUB/BATH- to fill up with the tears you do not manage to soak u
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
 photo newreviewbannerfeather_zpspga5dbag.jpg

photo rosebuttonsmall_zpsrpi6fijr.jpg  photo rosebuttonsmall_zpsrpi6fijr.jpg  photo rosebuttonsmall_zpsrpi6fijr.jpg

Title: Elude
Author: Rachel Van Dyken
Series or Standalone: Part of a series but can be read as a standalone
Category: Romance, Mafia
POV: Dual
Characters: 5
Plot: 5
Schorching Level: 5
HEA: Not telling

What can I say about this book? BRILLIANT. SIMPLY BRILLIANT.
Rachel Van Dyken is my new favorite author and I am so sad that it took me so long to read this!
Sergio Abandonato is a complex man. Born within the mafia he has battled his roots and still fighting to find his place in the family He has s
Toni FGMAMTC
Mar 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Elude has all the amazing character chemistry that I've come to expect from RVD's Eagle Elite Series. The members do kill, and sometimes bad things happen, but they are all true family. They argue, pick at each other and support one another. Often they have troubled pasts or some block they have to overcome to move forward.

Sergio is a perfect example of this. In the previous book of this series, we found out that he was a double agent between the FBI and Mafia. He did so to save members of the f
Bunny  Piamonte Bañes
Jan 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I feel so honored and privileged to have been given an ARC of Elude and the chance to read this amazing book in advance. Elude is simply amazing and over the top. It’s another masterpiece from the amazing Rachel Van Dyken. I really had a hard time putting it down coz I did not want to miss what was gonna happen next. It had me glued to the book right from the very first page to the last.

This has been an emotional read for me. I was crying so hard that I had to stop reading to compose myself coz
Aira  Cabrera
Sep 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful. Just beautiful.

I'm not gonna lie, I cried the whole time I was reading this book. It cut me open. It devastated me. It made me laugh so much. It healed me. At least that's what I'm trying to tell myself. I don't know if I could ever move on from Sergio and Andi. I don't know how I'm going to accept someone new.

Sergio made a lot of mistakes in the past, but he did all of them for family. They don't feel that way though. His punishment was supposed to be Andi, but she turned into a be
Liza
Jun 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Rachel Van Dyken cut the deepest.

"I thought I was okay with dying. Until I met her."

I thought I was too Sergio.

I had one great emotion with Elude but I'll never tell you what. Instead, I'll just talk about Andi and Sergio.

I loved Andi first before Sergio did. She talked about her sickness way early in the story and it's like a black cloud looming over me throughout the book. I was in constant fear. Right there and then, Rachel had made the connection between me, the reader, and Andi, her ch
Melissa
May 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sergio is a cousin of Nixon Abandanto and a ghost. Andi is the daughter of a Russian Mob Boss. Sergio and Andi are getting married so that the Abandanto Family can protect Andi from her father. They don't love each other and they can barely tolerate each other. However, things change between the two of them. He would protect her with his life and she would do anything to keep from letting him get hurt.

I loved how they kept calling each other nicknames. Italy and Russia end up taking on everythi

• Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • See Me (Simply Supernatural, #1)
  • Beyond Broken
  • Pocket Full of Posies (Hostage Negotiation Team #3)
  • Locked and Loaded (The IMA, #3)
  • The Score (The Russian Guns, #3)
  • Grievous (Scarlet Scars, #2)
  • Branded Sanctuary (Nature of Desire, #7)
  • To Tame a Countess (Properly Spanked #2)
  • State of Rebellion (Collapse, #3)
  • Honor (Rhynan #2)
  • Dying to Run
  • A Portrait for Toni
  • The Enforcer (Untamed Hearts, #3)
  • Safe House (Guardian, #2)
  • Lost in Flight (Complicated Love, #2)
  • The Fall of Gods (A Welcome to the Underworld Novel, #2)
  • Summer in Snow Valley (Snow Valley Romance Anthologies #2)
Rachel Van Dyken is the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today Bestselling author of regency and contemporary romances.

Hey guys I'm rarely on Goodreads, if you need to reach me feel free to email!
EMAIL ME: rachelvandykenauthor@gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rachel-...

Eagle Elite (9 books)
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Entice (Eagle Elite, #3)
  • Elicit (Eagle Elite, #4)
  • Ember (Eagle Elite, #5)
  • Empire (Eagle Elite, #7)
  • Enrage (Eagle Elite, #8)
  • Eulogy (Eagle Elite, #9)
“I thought I was okay with dying. Until I met her.” 11 likes