Jump to ratings and reviews

Amish Seasons #4

An Amish Winter

It’s winter in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. Drusilla Riehl's decisions are impacting the entire family. Just when she thinks that she has everything sorted out, God sends her a reminder that His plans for her future that cannot be anticipated. As she struggles to accept God's plans, Drusilla learns an invaluable lesson with the help of her special friend. Follow the story of this young Amish woman as she comes of age in the winter of her life, balancing her commitment to faith, family, and friends.

The Amish Seasons Series, a four-part series, follows the story of Drusilla Riehl as she passes through the seasons of life. An Amish Winter is the final book in the series. The first of a four book series, An Amish Spring introduces readers to the Riehl family and their Amish community, both Amish and Mennonite, and will be sure to delight as you learn more about the Amish religion and culture from Sarah Price, one of the leading bestselling authors of Amish Christian fiction who bases her stories and books on authentic experience growing up Mennonite and living among the Amish.

Approximately 110 pages

57 pages, Kindle Edition

First published August 4, 2015

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Sarah Price

140 books624 followers
ECPA Christian Fiction Bestseller (June 2014, July 2014)

Amazon Top 100 Author for Books & eBooks (January 2016, September 2013, August 2013, May 2013, April 2013, February 2013, January 2013, December 2012)
-------------------------
The author of over 30 novels, Sarah Price publishes with Realms, an imprint of Charisma House and Waterfall, an imprint of Brilliance Audio.

Her book, An Empty Cup, was #3 on Amazon Top 100 eBooks in January 2016.

Follow her on social media:
Blog:http://www.sarahpriceauthor.com.
Facebook: http://facebook.com/fansofsarahprice.
Instagram: @SarahPriceAuthor
Twitter: @SarahPriceAuthr
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/SarahPrice

FAMILY HERITAGE

During the early 1700s, the Preiss family arrived in America aboard an old sailing vessel called the Patience. The family left Europe, escaping Catholic persecution for their Anabaptist beliefs. Sarah Price comes from a long line of devout Mennonites, including numerous church leaders and ministers throughout the years.

In 1969, Sarah Price was born in Pennsylvania and lived on the land of her ancestors, Johannes Preiss and "King Tammany", otherwise known as Tamanend, a chief of the Lenni Lenape nation in the Delaware Valley.

In the early 1970s, her family moved to Morristown, New Jersey where she still resides with her husband, two children, and assortment of animals.

Ms. Price has advanced degrees in Communication (MA), Marketing (MBA), and Educational Leadership (PhD).

Ms. Price was a former full-time college professor. After being diagnosed with breast cancer in 2013, she now writes full-time.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
1 (1%)
Displaying 1 - 5 of 5 reviews
December 29, 2018
Another great Amish story

Anything that Sarah Price writes has to be good. I always grab them up. This one was no exception and now I have to find another one to read!
Profile Image for Tina Watson.
312 reviews
August 10, 2017
The last book in series of Amish Seasons by Sarah Price will not disappoint you. As you read "An Amish Winter: An Amish Christian Christmas Romance in Lancaster County", we find Lancaster County changing season for the last time of the year. Along with the meaning of what the change of seasons means to human life and it's family.

The Riehl family moving forth from Drusilla's marriage to Caleb Lapp a few weeks ago.
Now just weeks away from another wedding in the Riehl family, Drusilla's cousin Miriam.
Then there's Thanksgiving coming. And that day sure had a lot of surprises, too, sadly all sad.
And last but not least, there's Christmas. The Riehl family finds out where Drusilla and her husband Caleb will be living, which is a gift in it's self.

Sarah Price threw-in a few surprises that I was not expecting to read, but in my book that's what makes an author a great author; when their readers do not know what is going to happen, until the readers read it in black and white.

I am looking forward to reading more of Sarah's books in the future. Her books always to go to the top of purchasing and reading pile.

This is my own words that was written to make my honest review and no money was exchanged.
Profile Image for Nancee.
648 reviews
August 10, 2015
An Amish Winter was my favorite in this series! There were difficult times and sadness, and a valid question for Drusilla's future. Faith, hope and patience were strong features throughout this wonderful story. I felt a connection with Drusilla as she struggled with realism in her young life. Her relationship with Caleb is solid and secure. Caleb is a devoted and tolerant Amish man. I thoroughly enjoyed this entire series, but Winter holds a special place in my heart.

Be sure to pick up copies of the Amish Seasons books. The series regarding Drusilla's coming of age will touch your heart as you experience the seasons in Drusilla's life.

Disclaimer: I received a complete PDF copy of this book from the author in exchange for my honest review. All opinions expressed are my own, an no monetary compensation was received for this review.
1,208 reviews4 followers
August 15, 2015
Dru and Caleb are a special couple. They are always ready to help their families. These two are great with the time they spend with their grandmother. Talking to her and making sure she is comfortable when she may not be able to hear them. You won't be able to stop reading this book.
Displaying 1 - 5 of 5 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.