Start by marking “A Fighting Chance” as Want to Read:
A Fighting Chance

A Fighting Chance

3.58  ·  Rating details ·  338 Ratings  ·  72 Reviews

Running into his ex won't shake Brendan. Even if it bring

Kindle Edition
Published February 1st 2016 by Carina Press

XxTainaxX
Feb 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Cute second chance story. It's not very long so it's a great book to read after ones that have a lot of emotion or angst. Brendan and Adeline were in love before Brendan broke it off. She sees him again years later and wants to get closure but that spark is still there and they resume what they once had. Adeline's family is protective and at one point took things too far but they love her and wish to see her happy so they do their best to be there for her. A sweet enjoyable read.

ARC received in
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookviews
This review was originally posted on (un)Conventional Bookviews
A Fighting Chance is a very sweet, and hot, second-chance-at love romance, and I really enjoy the characters as well as their journey. I found the ending to be a little cheesy, though, and would have liked to spend a little bit more time with Del and Brendan.

Review - (un)Conventional Bookviews

I loved how self-assured and sassy Del was from the beginning of Fighting Chance! She's at a casino hotel, where she's arrived before her girlfriends for a weekend of fun befor
A Fighting Chance is an adult contemporary romance novella written by Shannon Stacey. I first experienced Ms. Stacey's fun writing through her down-to-earth Kowalski Family series. I love her characters and humor in that series and I just loved her writing plain and simple. Since then, Ms. Stacey has broadened her horizons through series themed with firemen, football players, and now MMA fighters. These have become pretty popular themes in romance and I can respect her decision to jump on the ba ...more
Angela James
Jan 16, 2016 marked it as edited
Pulled this scene while editing. Let me show you a very yummy side of our hero. Hid behind spoiler tags because of some sizzling NSFW content.

Brendan has just gotten done w/an MMA fight and Del goes to see him...

(view spoiler)
Irene
Oct 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 stars

A Fighting Chance was a sweet, heartwarming and entertaining second chance love story, I really enjoyed it.

Both Adeline and Brendan were likable and relatable characters. You felt their connection from the first moment they come face to face again after so many years apart. They had amazing chemistry and I had no doubt these two belonged together.

description

Thank you to Carina Press via NetGalley for the advance copy in exchange for my honest thoughts.
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
Adeline (Del) Kendrick is looking forward to a long weekend of fun and shopping with her best friends. Arriving at the casino resort one day early, she plans to put on her new flannel PJs, order room service, and watch Netflix. Yet everything changes when she runs into Brendan Quinn, the love of her life who walked out on her six years ago.

Brendan Quinn is overcome with emotion when he runs into Del at the same casino where he is scheduled to fight. Although he left her six years ago, doing what
Amanda
Reviewed for: Where the Night Kind Roam

It was a cute short novella. I love rekindled love it's one of my favorite themes. I kind of wish Del had given him a bit more hell but the flipping off his life sized poster was pretty amusing. Brendan was a total sweetheart tho and admitted to his F up and said it was the biggest mistake he ever made. I can respect that and he made it hard for her to stay mad long. I would have also liked a bit more of their past. I know how they met but that was about it
Sheryl
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Such a SWEET, SWEET read... LOVED IT!!!!

*ARC courtesy of Netgalley and Carina Press*
Danielle
Sep 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Del and Brendan dated in college but he broke up with her because he felt she deserved better. Now it's 6 years later and Del is on bachelorette weekend with her two girlfriends when she runs into Brendan.

After breaking up with Del he needed to hit something and became a MMA fighter while still working with his dad. Brendan never expected to see Del again but now that he has he will do anything to stay with her.

I enjoyed this story. It was sweet and held my attention from the beginning to the
Darcy
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm not a big fan of second chance romances, but this one was cute and I was rooting for them from the start. I did like that Del was a bit salty at the start, loved her flipping off Brendan's picture and that he saw that. I was happy that Brendan wasn't stuck on himself but really humble and reached for Del the instant he was able to, even if it was just for a cup of coffee.

They had such a history it was nice for them to really talk about the past and why Brendan walked away. I think Del was qu
Heidi Hart
Feb 01, 2016 rated it it was ok
I love Shannon Stacey because her stories are so familiar (because they're set where I live, in northern New England), and so low-drama. Real people working through real conflicts, in a way that is refreshingly, well, real.

However, "Fighting Chance" is not Stacey's best. I didn't connect with this one at all, probably because it's novella-length and just too short to feel invested in the characters. Del goes to a casino for a bachelorette weekend with her girlfriends, and meets up with The One
Bette Hansen
Aug 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Truthfully I'm pretty shocked how much I loved this one. Usually these short novellas leave me wanting to know the characters better but this one gave me everything. I loved how they dealt with the past that was painful and ugly without all the angst and bitterness some books have. This story is sweet and sexy and will definitely leave you smiling. I highly recommend it.
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

I'm a sucker for a second chance romance so I was excited to read A Fighting Chance by Shannon Stacey. I enjoyed what there was of this novella to me it felt a bit incomplete; I felt like we were missing a big piece of their story and while I was happy that they did get a second chance I wanted more from this story.

Adeline Kendrick is looking forward to her girl's weekend with her college roommates and is excited to celebrate her fri
Julie   (*Happily Ever Chapter*)
Jan 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
The last thing Adeline expects when she shows up at the casino for her best friend's bachelorette weekend, is to run into the man that broke her heart years ago. Brenden is now an MMA fighter and is at the casino for a fighting event that he's in. When he sees Adeline, he knows he needs to talk to her. They both still have feelings for each other and the chemistry is still off the charts, but they aren't sure if they can make it work this time or if it's worth trying again.

I loved this one! It w
Faith89
Aug 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
copy courtesy of Netgalley
2.5 STARS
this is a short second chance at love romance. this story was probably too short to really get a chance at knowing or really liking the characters. Del and Brennan were in love but he broke her heart because he let her family convince him that they were too different and she would be better off without him. They meet up 6 years later and pretty much everything is erased. I thought Del folded too easy. she was correct when she said that he loved her enough to le
Jackie Lane
Aug 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am definitely becoming a fan of Shannon Stacey and find myself looking forward to reading her books.

This one was no exception.

This is a second chance love story involving a part-time fighter and a woman he left years before.

It was a good story in that Del was a strong woman and Brendan was sweet and good and the characters were well developed. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

4-4.5 stars
Heather andrews
Jan 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing

I loved Brendan and his smart-a**ery, "Brendan arched an eyebrow at her . “There’s probably a standard for how many times you’ve been naked with a person before you stop asking if you can ask a personal question . I don’t know what it is, but I’m pretty sure we’ve blown by it.” I love second chance romance books and Del and Bendan had quite the chemistry.
Lorie Glowania
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Love this story of growth and love. Brendan always loved Del and has the ink to prove it. But he left her behind not believing in himself after talking to Del's father not saying why. Now a MMA fighter he meets her again but can he make thing right after all this time? Will he fight his fears and believe? The chemistry is still there after all
Nicole
Mar 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
I adored this one. Stacey is always a go-to author for me, and she rarely lets me down. It's a short and sweet read for those who are looking for a great 2nd chance romance!

Full review to come at www.thebookpushers.com
MaggieReadsRom
Feb 22, 2016 rated it liked it
3,75 stars

A nice quick and enoyable read within the reunion romance trope and a bit of MMA thrown in. I really liked the main couple, the secondary characters, the romance, the setting the sexy bits and Stacey's clean, crisp writing.
Cait
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in2016
So I somehow missed that this was a novella until I got to the editors note at the start.

For a novella, this was great. Nice pacing, nice romance (I mean, rushed, but: novella).
Crystal
May 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
A sexy and sweet second-chance novella!
Mudpie
Jun 23, 2018 rated it liked it
A good short story that feels complete. A second chance romance, we got filled in on what happened six years ago. Del's dad was really interfering, but he was just being a typical daddy looking out for his little girl. He was an insecure young man who really didn't have much to offer Del other than his love. Her daddy's defence that if Brandon had truly loved Del, his little speech wouldn't have frightened him off.

On the contrary, I think it took a lot of love and courage for Brandon to leave De
Jenn Cunha
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-netgalley
Received an ARC from NetGalley for an honest review.

I NEED MORE OF THIS BOOK!!!! I want more story. Brendan and Del were so perfect together and this quick read had everything. I was connected to the two of them emotionally, they had lots of heat, and Del had an amazing support system. I want more.....

Another fabulous read by Stacey.
Heidi
Apr 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book its a second chance at love read its short fun smexy and something you need to read after a super long read. I loved how sassy Del was.
✼Danielle✼
Brendan Quinn
Adeline Kendrick

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Book synopsis: All work and no play makes Adeline Kendrick a dull girl, so when she heads to a casino resort for a friend's bachelorette weekend, she's ready to have a good time. Until she runs into Brendan Quinn, professional fighter and the one who got away—the one her family drove away—and things take a turn for the interesting.

Running into his ex won't shake Brendan. Even if it brings up the old pain of loving her when she was only slumming. E
Smut Matters
Feb 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Heather's review from Smut MattersA Fighting Chance is a charming, short second-chance romance. Second-chance romance is one of my favorite tropes, and Shannon Stacey is one of my favorite contemporary authors, so this was an automatic buy for me. Adeline (Del) and Brendan were in love six years ago, but he broke up with her (over the phone) without much explanation and they haven't seen each other since. Until now. He's an MMA fighter at a casino in Connecticut for a fight, and Del is there for ...more
Misty (Red's Romance Review's)
Six years ago Brendan Quinn let the girl of his dreams slip through his finger tips, and it has been haunting him everyday since. He knows he screwed up by walking away from her, but at the time he thought he was doing what was best for both of them. Her family didn't think he was right for her, and he somewhat agreed, the thought of knowing that her parents would never approve of their relationship won out and he eventually just decided to walk away without so much as a goodbye. With the memori ...more
Steph
Jan 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
There's just something so yummy about big bad MMA fighters that puts them near the top of my book boyfriend occupation list.

Adeline Kendrick is looking forward to a girls' weekend celebrating her BFF's upcoming nuptials, and she's NOT happy that her ex, MMA fighter Brendan Quinn, is fighting at the same casino she's staying at. Brendan was the love of Del's life, the one who walked out on her right after declaring he loved her. The one she never got over. When she learns Brendan's real reasons f
A Klue
Oct 30, 2015 rated it did not like it
My low rating reflects mostly a consumer complaint issue than literary one. As a NetGalley reviewer, I’m all about details. I always research as many facts about a book as possible before purchasing a book. Top of my list is always page length. I want to know upfront how much of the author’s time/talent I’m getting with each purchase. One of my pet peeves are short novellas that are promoted as full length books. There is absolutely no mention this is a very short novella that ends @ 65%. The re ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Last Chance Christmas (Road to Romance, #1)
  • Out of the Game (In the Zone, #3)
  • Slow and Steady Rush (Sweet Home Alabama, #1)
  • Lake of Dreams
  • Unfettered (Overwatch, #1)
  • Going Under (Falling Under, #1)
  • Slow Ride Home (The Grady Legacy, #1)
  • Pairing Off (Red Hot Russians, #1)
  • Shot Caller (Bad Boy's Baby #1)
  • Scored
  • Caught by You (Love Between the Bases, #2)
  • Relentless Liberation : Serano Brothers Novel, Book1
  • One Sexy Ride (Thompson & Sons #3; Rocky Mountain House #10)
  • Playing It Close (London Legends, #2)
  • Undefeated (Bomb Squad, #2)
  • Bare for You (Outback Skies, #3)
  • Rock Wedding (Rock Kiss, #4)
  • Playing by Her Rules (Sydney Smoke Rugby, #1)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Shannon Stacey lives with her husband and two sons in New England, where her favorite activities are writing romance and really random tweets when she’s not riding her ATV. She loves mud, books, football & watching way too much TV.
More about Shannon Stacey