Start by marking “Superstition” as Want to Read:
Superstition

Superstition

(Arden St. John #1)

What happens when your childhood nightmares of being bitten by strange creatures in a dark wood aren’t just dreams?
Sixteen-year-old Arden St. John’s life takes a strange turn when she finds an unusual animal injured near her new house on the south east coast of Australia. When she takes it to the local vet, a terrible truth is inadvertently exposed to her.
She discovers a
Published August 3rd 2015 by L. C. Fenton (first published July 26th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Superstition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Superstition

Start your review of Superstition
Aneesa
Sep 03, 2015 rated it liked it
I received this book in an exchange for an honest review, kind regards to YA Book Tours and the Author

Hm...this book is full of surprises and twists and turns along the way. The cover is freaking gloomy awesome though!

Arden is very fierce, strong and a courageous character. She is someone who does not go down without a fight! I really loved her character and admired her ferocity very much. She was a fighter, I think this is what was a core integral in her and what kept the story going. I really
Caroline
Jul 23, 2016 rated it it was ok

Superstition is an ambitious novel. There’s a lot going on and I respect the author for what she tried to do.

Arden is a teenage girl who has moved with her dad to a seaside town, what she soon discovers is that she’s actually a witch. There are also vampires. And she falls for a boy, who happens to be dating the resident mean girl, who happens to be a total troll. (Seriously.)

All of that sounds fabulous, doesn’t it?
Marisa
Aug 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Love, love, loved this one. It was definitely a new take on the paranormal world and I really intrigued the conundrum of pseudo-human trafficking in years. I can tell the politics of the whole situation have been thought out, which lended itself to being believable.

I wish the circumstances around a “familiar” had been explained a little better though as I found that somewhat distracting and confusing. I also found it odd that her dad was gone all the time. They did briefly mention a potential
Christiana
ATTENTION: This contains SPOILERS.

I received this book in a giveaway, and was very excited to read this as I am a fan of all things fantasy.
ALSO, free book so that's always good.

However I was a bit disappointed. The book contains many aspects that it doesn't need. (SPOILERS) I mean we learn in just about 300 pages that she is sold to vampires, she's a witch, she can destroy things, that she's adopted, that she's a Berserker, that she is haunted, and all those other things that are a bit too
Corrine Pickering
*** Reviewed for #HashtagMinxes Love Books ***

Superstition - Lucy Fenton - 4.5 Stars

Wow! what an unusual and brilliantly written story, I was drawn in and completely hooked from the beginning. I must say I was slightly nervous to read this after reading the blurb - in particular with the reference to the babies being sold and I have to say the story was not at all how I expected - in a good way. This book is well written and not nearly as dark as I thought it was going to be.

It's so hard to
Lori Faires
Mar 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful story, this isn't your usual run of the mill vampire or witch story. It has a very unique story line with drama, danger and of course paranormal The lead character is Arden, a teenage girl who discovers that she's a witch and then the problems begin. But you'll have to read it to find out what happens cause I don't give spoilers. If you like YA Paranormal then you should read this book. Definitely recommend.
Tash
Nov 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed @ Confessions From Romaholics
Review copy kindly provided by author in exchange for a honest review

You know those books when you got into it thinking it going to be one thing but instead become that and more leaving you hooked and wondering if there is going to be more stories about these characters. I had inkling this was going to be YA Paranormal about vampires but never expected this richly complex story about Arden as discovers her true destiny.
Arden has just lost her mother and
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
I received a free copy of the book from the author for my honest opinion.

Arden lost her mom and now it is just her and her dad. Her dad comes home from work one day and announces that he has been offered a new job and he has decided to take it. He thinks it will be better for both of them. I imagine her father is very sad with losing the love of his life. He probably works all the time because he doesn’t want to come home, knowing that is wife will never be there waiting for him. He probably
Samantha Bell
Aug 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
It should be no secret now that I’m a sucker for witchcraft or occult based stories. The world building in Superstition was a neat take on traditional witches and vampires. I appreciate that the vampires are scary monsters and not sparkling hunks – I’m not at all worried that Arden might fall for one in the future. What was most interesting was the currency of lives or years, being able to buy and sell them, or even selling your children’s years instead! I know that our society surely would be ...more
Jelena Bosh
Nov 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Holy hell, what a story!! I haven't read a paranormal book in a while now and I think I have grown to be distant from them earlier on just because they weren't my cup of tea.. But. Here we have SUPERSTITION that makes me want to pick up MORE! As we speak I am going through my kindle trying to find more of my paranormal stories.

This book was just too good not to get your hands on it. It's a fast and easy read which isn't usually what happens with these types of stories, or at least as far as I
Romance Readers Retreat
This is my first witch paranormal read and won't be the last!!! I've read about vampire's before so I couldn't wait to get started and I wasn't disappointed!!!

Arden has recently lost her mother and her father has just informed her that he's accepted a job near the beach as he thinks a fresh start is what they both need, Arden comes round to the idea and starts to think she could make a fresh start in her new school but things go from bad to worse as the school bully takes an instant dislike to
Keri
This was a refreshing new take on vampires and witches. I really enjoyed how the story unfolded.

Arden has never fit in and she doesn't understand why. When her father tells her they are moving to a new town Arden accepts it without argument knowing it would do no good when he is still grieving her mother. Arden eventually makes a few friends in the small town but what brings them together is not at all what she expected.

Arden is a strong, independent, and somewhat sad character. I loved her!
Kat Loves
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! What an amazing story. This story has trolls, vampires, witches, humans, ghosts and familiars. There are no "adult" scenes so it would be a great read for teens and adults alike who enjoy a good paranormal story.

Take a journey with Arden as she learns all about a world that she doesn't know exists. She discovers that she is a witch and has a familiar when she moves to a new house after the death of her mother.

As a baby, her biological father sold her to a vampire but all this is news to
Clarice
Aug 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is chock full of paranormal creatures, most of which seem strange and very dark. Triska, Arden's familiar was super weird and didn't really seem very helpful. Her friends, however, were great supporting characters and I really liked Sophie. I even liked the cranky, frustrated man named Guy who was her "teacher" of all things witchy. The realization of what Arden truly was wasn't something I was expecting. Nice surprise. But either way, this chick is dark and she has a hard time ...more
Tia
Jul 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Creative and Exciting

Life is not going well for Arden. She's always alone and shunned. A new school makes it even worse. She finds out who she is and how dangerous her life will be, however, she doesn't give up, no matter how dark things get. With a few friends, she learns that she may not be as powerless as she thinks. Imaginative, engrossing and creative.
Gemma Curran
Oct 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
***Read and revised on behalf of Fictional Men's Page For Book Ho's***
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
This is an intense and incredibly well

written story about a young girl named Arden who has quite the unusual life to say the least. She has

just moved to the small coastal town named Helton with her father and they are both still dealing with

the recent and tragic death of her mother. Arden’s father works all of the time, which means she spends

most of her time alone. I could really relate to Arden’s character in the fact that when I was about her

age my parents divorced and my mother had to
Tammy Gould
Sep 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What an interesting book this was.. I was able to read it in about 4-5 hours. I did truly enjoy this book. This is a book I wished that could go on a bit more. I just did not want it to end.

I really liked Arden. Finding out she was witch and her wanting to fight the things that were not fair in her world. I also like how strong of a character she was. Even though she learns that is dark and the word "evil" comes to mind she still wants to right the wrongs.

I liked that the vampires were not
Laura  Hernandez (TheVoluptuousBkDiva/YABkDivas)
I received an ARC when I signed up and was selected to host the book tour. I made no guarantee of a favorable review and the opinions are my own.

Arden has recently lost her mother and now her dad has informed er that they will be moving so that means she'll be attending a new school. Unfortunately, the hopes she had for the new school are quickly dampered as the school bully zones in on her and to make matters even more difficult she discovers sh'es a witch and that supernatural beings like
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Oct 01, 2015
Kristy Reilly
Nov 10, 2015
Joy Dunn
Nov 08, 2015
Mr David C Crawford
rated it did not like it
Aug 17, 2016