Start by marking “Intransigent (The After Light Saga Book 3)” as Want to Read:
Intransigent (The After Light Saga Book 3)

Intransigent

(The After Light Saga #3)

Arriving at the new government bunker, things quickly go from bad to worse. I am separated from Finn and my family because of my ability to connect with Arvies through telepathy. Housed with three other Readers—and kept away from the general population—we are given serum injections in effort to enhance our thought transference. The end goal? Thought manipulation.

We are con
ebook, Updated Edition
Published February 21st 2019 by Cameo Renae Books (first published June 18th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Intransigent, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Intransigent

Lisa "rawkr" Arrieta
Holy long john silvers batman! She did it again. Cameo had me at the edge of seat, falling in love with Abbi and Finn all over again. Then it ends, not in a cliffhanger exactly. But it might as well be. You're killing me smalls.
Conny
Jun 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-books
Absolutely FANTASTIC !!! Page-turner, emotional, creepy, goosebumbs, anger and love, it's all in this book, fantastic.
Miranda (MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It)
This book was probably my least favorite book in this series. This book was missing the page turning action that the other books had. I felt like this was just a filler book. I thought it was slow moving. I enjoyed seeing Abi learn more about her powers in this book. That was extremely interesting, but I wish the book had been about more than just that. The romance was cute in this book, but I wish their was more of it. This book was just lacking the romance and action that the previous books ha ...more
Lorna
Cameo Renae knows what young adults want to read, and she also knows exactly how to write it for them. Without fail. Of course I am not a young adult, but I have read every book this author has ever published. And enjoyed them all. The main thing to keep in mind is that it’s a dystopian read and that does involve some violence, although this book had a lot less than the others, at least I thought so.

Abi and her family and fiance, Finn, have escaped to a new bunker, only this time she has a new f
H.L.
Jul 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The third book in the After Light saga and a much awaited one. After the first two stories it was hard to see where Cameo Renae would take this third tale and continuation of Abi's fight against the Arvies.
I am pleased to say the book exceeded all my expectations. Abi finds herself once again separated from Finn and her family. Once more she faces a new threat and danger. The reader is kept on pins and needles waiting to find out what Abi's ability means for the human race. We feel Abi's confusi
Lavinia Urban
Jul 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
When I originally bought this book I told myself that I would wait before I would read it but I couldn't wait and soon I went into my normal routine where I walk around the house holding my kindle without a care for anything else.
I was gripped.
Each book completely outdoes the one before it and this one was no exception.
The book picks up from where the last one left off. Abi is rescued and taken to another safe location.
In the previous book it showed that when she got too close to the Arvies she
Kendall {Book Crazy}
Jul 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars!

I love this series and I couldn't wait to read this book! I did go and re-read the first two books in the series before I sat down to read this one, but it was mainly so that I remembered everything that had happened and to remember where the second book ended! As much as I enjoyed this book, I do have to admit that it may be my least favourite of the series! I mean absolutely no offence to the author, who is freaking amazing, by saying that, but there just wasn't a lot of interaction
Rae Sontheyon
Jul 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In Transition And Stronger Than Ever! . . .

This third installment is amazing and thrilling as readers continue to be engaged in the saga of Abi's fight for not only survival but a place to call home. Cameo Renae has built an epic dystopian world where the earth is destroyed and being ravaged by inhuman beings, but it's the humans trying to survive that are the real "creatures" of story who bring emotions that make you cry, laugh, hold your breath and say a prayer hoping they all make it through.
Kelly Smith Reviews
Jul 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I had a few favorite young adult books and authors I read when I was a teen, and whom I still read now. Most of those wrote fantastical, unrealistic fiction. I tried reading the popular YA books out today (I don't need to name them, you all know which ones I'm talking about) but I found that they fell short somewhere, be it in emotional tones, excitement or even in plot.
This is the book teens (and adults) should be reading. The plot, the easy continuity from the previous book, the characters and
Heavenly
Jul 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Copy gifted by the author in exchange for an honest review.

What can I say? WOW! Cameo just gets better and better with her story. Her writing improved so much that it's even harder to put the book down! I had trouble to stay awake today at work, because I pulled almost a full nighter! But it was SO worth it! The book is simply amazing!

The story is so much more than what I thought at the beginning! With Abi's new abilities, the new government want to use her to control the Arvies.After Abi is sta
Aug 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I devoured all 3 books in less then 24 hrs. I got lost in these books, when a writer can create a story to which no matter your age, you can get lost in your imagination and the real world falls away, that is a WRITER and Cameo Renae did just that with this series. Does anyone know if there will be more?
Fiona Wilson
Jun 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites, 2015-reads
I loved the first two books in this series and was so excited to get into this one. There was a promise of something more in this story, and boy did the author deliver.

There are books which, in the past, have kicked it up a gear from previous ones. This book didn't just kick it up a gear, it kicked it up a whole lot of gears!

What you thought you knew from the last book is only the start of what Abigail, her family and friends, will go through. Abigail has a gift, one which the government will st
Cheree Castellanos Edits
Jun 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Just WOW! I went into book 3 with so much excitement and the idea that this would be the last book in the series, and was ecstatic to find that this is not the end! We get MORE of this awesome series!
My heart breaks for Abi, she has already gone through so much and seen things straight from her nightmares. People should be the ones she can trust, but that just doesn't seem to be the case. People always have an agenda and are willing to use anyone and do anything to have the power and fulfill th
My Bookbag by Karen
This saga just became awesome on a whole new level. Renae’s focus on Abi’s abilities and strengths creates a story all its own. At its heart is the accelerated growth of Abi’s telepathy and powers, and her new friendships with the other “Readers” in the program.

Intransigent delivers action and excitement. It brings new characters to life while never leaving the favorite characters behind. The continued story of Abi and Finn is always both heartwarming and bittersweet. As always, her family provi
Kristin Dutt
Jun 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I truly love The After Light Saga books I can't wait for the next one and yes I do believe there will be a next one due to the ending of this one. As always we leave off where book 2 ends and they soon find themselves in another bunker. Seems this bunker is much more corrupt thanks to the government and scientist that take such an interest in being able to communicate with the "monsters"

Won't give anything away but all I can say is freaking what a ride! Love these characters and how they love ea
Doris
Jun 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What the what?!?!
I need more! Abi and her family are attempting to find their place in the world, and then BAM Cameo Renae throws a curve ball at you with this one!
I am more and more in awe of the writing and I simply couldn't get enough! When I got to the end of the book I was in serious book hangover mode!
Abi develops some interesting talents that make her a hot commodity to the government. Now she and Finn are having to fight not only the enemy without but also the enemy within!
They meet some
Kim
Jun 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOOHOOO!!! WHAT AN AWESOME READ!!!! HELLFIRE RETURNS!!!!!!!!!! Cameo out did herself in this one. WOW To see Abi tested to the limits! Abi being reunited with her family!! Abi was separated away from her family in the new bunker cause she was known as a "reader"!! Her,Chase and Chloe are teenagers and being used as lab rats cause the government is trying to find ways to beat/kill the Arvies. Well can the government find hope with Abi now in the mix? Or does it backfire and they get invaded by th ...more
L.L. Hunter
Jun 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Like all of Cameo's books, this is an addictive read. I devoured it in 2 sittings. It's hard not to. I loved the storyline covering the government's Reader program. Poor Abi, I wondered how she would pull through, but I knew she would. And the part with Finn and the Arvies.... Shudders. You will have to read it to find out what happens. And let me just say, Regina's work on the cover is flawless as always! Well done!
Whitney
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy mindcontrol, mutants!

Just when I thought this series couldn't get anymore nerve-wracking Cameo cranks it up to whole new level! This book added everything I never knew I ever wanted from this series! Clairvoyant? Heck, yeah! Abby just tipped the scales in favor of the girls! No damsels in distress here!
Alisha Frias
Jul 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

It was another great installment to the Afterlight Saga. Abi and the gang fled their last bunker for another bigger government bunker. Abi was scared at first but ended up adjusting..comes to find out she's a reader. And ends up being in a special program..scientists are trying to figure out how to use her gift to defeat the arvies.
AMAZING

Hollie Saberi
Jun 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing story

Please continue on with this series it's been a long time since I've wanted to purchase a book but yours are beyond worth buying . Your an amazing author looking forward to your next work with great anticipation thank you .
Robyn White
Jun 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
amazing continuation of this series! Cameo has reall out done herself with this series of books! i have faith again in the YA genre after reading these! i was on the edge of my seat through all 3 wanying more and more! BRAVO
Jennifer Beckman
Jun 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Absolutely loved this book. was great to read of Abi, Finn, and of course Hellfire !!!! the end on this had me reading til I knew a crucial chapter was done , awwwwww heck.....the whole book kept me on my kindle til I was finished. Now the wait for the next book begins !!!!!
Aimz
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely can not get enough of Cameo Renae's books. She never disappoints her readers.
Chaelsie Adkins
Jun 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic, as always!

Couldn't put it down. I am seriously loving the character development. Can't wait to read the next one! See you back at BOD. :)
Annelise
Jul 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this saga I can't wait for the next book.
Paperbacks
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
We pick up where we left off at the end of Sanctum, the family are reunited in the last helicopter transport and are heading towards the Government bunker. Abi is happy to be back in the arms of her family and everything is set to be ok! However, a throwaway comment by Abi about her ability to hear the Arvies, is her undoing. The government bunker has been searching for people just like her to become part of their “Reader Programme” and the pilot immediately calls in with a success story that a ...more
Casey Carlisle
Jul 02, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dystopia
‘Intransigent’ has got to be the weakest book of the series so far. My reaction is one massive eye roll. I had high hopes that the writing and plot would grow and develop through this series, but it seem not to be the case. The best reprieve is that these novels are short and can be completed in half a day.

I still love the concept, though the story took a direction that really didn't interest me. A new batch of characters were introduced, but they felt generic and two dimensional. I’ve been want
C. Erani Kole
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*voluntarily and honestly reviewed the ARC I received from Lady Amber's PR*

Whooaa. Okay so one of the things I absolutely love about a book/series is seeing the settings change, whether it's the physical setting or a genre change/addition. In this case, it's both. We went from a Dystopian world that a small family has to survive in to get from one safe place to another. And then it slowly changed, adding powers like telepathy, and now it's become a zombie/apo-themed world where one person has th
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • When Night Falls (Regeneration, #1)
  • The White Door (The Visitor's Series, #3)
  • The Epilogue (The Things We Can't Change, #5)
  • Blood Warrior (The Arcadia Falls Chronicles #4)
  • Resonant (The Vampires of Vegas, #0.5)
  • Initiation (Chronicles of the Uprising #0.5)
  • Steam (Legends Saga, #3)
  • Forever Blue (Ruby Blue #4)
  • The Only One (End of Days, #3)
  • Meritorium (Meritropolis, #2)
  • Wolf Dream (Wolf, #2)
  • Eternity (Crossroads Saga, #4)
  • Shadow Fire (Light Chronicles, #1)
  • Envisioned (The Elemental Prophecy, #1)
Cameo Renae, was born in San Francisco, raised in Maui, Hawaii, and now resides with her husband in Alaska.
She's a daydreamer, and a caffeine and peppermint addict, who loves to laugh and loves to read to escape reality.
One day she hopes to find her own magic wardrobe and ride away on her magical unicorn. Until then...she'll keep writing!

The After Light Saga (5 books)
  • ARV-3 (The After Light Saga Book 1)
  • Sanctum (The After Light Saga Book 2)
  • Hostile (The After Light Saga, #4)
  • Retribution (The After Light Saga, #5)
“He had one bull’s eye, three in the second ring, five in the third, and one in the fourth. I had three bull’s eyes, and seven in the second ring.” 0 likes
“Did everyone get a weapon?” I asked. “Yes.” He paused with a grin on his face. “Including you.” From behind his back he pulled Hellfire in a holster and handed it to me. “No way!” I exclaimed. “How?” I clasped her in my hands, and pressed her tightly to my chest. I” 0 likes