Start by marking “Shadows in the Mind” as Want to Read:
Shadows in the Mind

Shadows in the Mind

The death of a patient in a psychiatric unit leads DI Eva Wednesday closer to the world she’s been trying to avoid. Attempting to separate paranoid emotions from reality proves challenging, and having her mother in the unit adds another layer of complication. As Wednesday begins to put the pieces of her case together, she is compelled to hold on tightly to her own sanity a ...more
Paperback
Published May 6th 2015 by Winter Goose Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Shadows in the Mind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadows in the Mind

Peter
Dec 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another masterpiece in the Eva Wednesday series which sees our heroine have to battle the competing demands of family and solving a murder that touches her own family. The author has a wonderful turn of phrase to describe the feelings of her characters. Full of twists and turns, plots and subplots the reader is taking on a journey. The emotional turmoil of the characters is laid bare and Eva has to work through all this to come to a denouement. Highly recommended for lovers of detective stories ...more
Lorraine Carter
Aug 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The one thing I have to say from the start is that Shadows In The Mind is a genuine original. From prose style to plot and setting it was really refreshing to read a police procedural novel that doesn’t set out to imitate another best seller. For the duration of the book I found myself transported to an altogether different setting. Lots of intrigue and strong characters that really grab your attention. I haven't read the other books in this series but will be doing so now.
Danni
Aug 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Hemmie Martin has once again kept me on the edge of my seat with a clever novel that kept me hooked to the end. The plot twists and turns mislead, shock and entice with plenty packed within its pages. For my money, one of the best emerging series around at the moment.
Jessica
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I think this one had the most complex crime story of the series so far. We also got to see a lot more about Wednesday's private life. This is my favourite in the series so far!
Joey Paul
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book as the third in the DI Wednesday series. Faced with her mother's mental health breakdown and a murder on the very unit she is hospitalised at, can she find the killer before any harm comes to the other patients. It is well written and an engaging mystery and crime novel. I am a big fan of Hemmie Martin, having just discovered her books and loved the ones I have read. A nice book to end the year on!
Louise White
Lou
Apr 03, 2016
Stacey
Oct 14, 2017
Hemmie Martin spent most of her professional life as a Community Nurse for people with learning disabilities, a Family Planning Nurse, and a Forensic Mental Health Nurse working with young offenders. She spent six years living in the south of France. She now writes full time.

Hemmie created the DI Wednesday series, featuring DI Eva Wednesday and DS Jacob Lennox, set in and around Cambridge, with fi