Start by marking “Secrets Under the Big Top (Portman Creameries Cases: Black Paradise Circus #1)” as Want to Read:
Secrets Under the Big Top (Portman Creameries Cases: Black Paradise Circus #1)

Secrets Under the Big Top

(Portman Creameries Cases #1)

liked it 3.00  ·  Rating details ·  4 ratings  ·  4 reviews
The women of Portman's Creamery are back and ready to take on their toughest case yet. Led by Irene and Chrissie Garcia-Galvan, they are group of seven women who solve cases using their ice cream shop as a front. Follow them as they enter the Black Paradise Circus.
When children start disappearing throughout the country, the only clue that ties them together is the Black Pa
ebook
Published June 9th 2015 by Smashwords Edition (first published June 8th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Secrets Under the Big Top, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secrets Under the Big Top

liked it 3.00  ·

Regina
Jun 16, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
** Review of Audio Format **

Light Mystery

that leaves you hanging at the end. If you want to wrap up the mystery started in this listen, you must download the next book. I'm used to authors wrapping up the main mystery in each book of a series and then giving a teaser to let you know that the overarching case will be solved at the end of the series.

The buildup is flat for this book and it seems like you are revisiting the same scenes over and over again and getting the same pieces of information
Koolaid
May 11, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, reviews
Man, this book did not end well.

Let's start back a few hours ago. Started this book and all is well at the start. Characters were developed well, had a plot and didn't give anything away. There are a ton of characters, and I do mean characters, that really keep you interested. A lot of the characters are still being devloped as the book ends and hence my remark at the start of this review....

Spoiler You have to continue to Book 2 in the series to pick up where this one left off. Since I haven't
Carrie
Jun 17, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This audiobook was provided by the author, narrator, or publisher at no cost in exchange for an unbiased review courtesy of AudiobookBoom.com

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I applaud the narrator's enthusiasm, but the narration made this listen a little bit of a challenge for me. It was a little bit like when a teacher reads to young children. In some stories, it's perfect, but it was a strange tone for the theme and plot of this book (in my opinion).

The book ends without a resolution &
April
"This audiobook was provided by the author, narrator, or publisher at no cost in exchange for an unbiased review courtesy of Audiobook Blast."

I really liked the cast of characters assembled in this book. The ladies from the creamery who just happen to help the police solve crimes. I couldn't stop listening, but all of a suddden it was over and we have a cliffhanger. I hope I won't have to wait too long for the next installment.

The narration was well done, the characters were well portrayed.
Laura Reading
Kat Davis
Feb 17, 2018
Stephanie
May 04, 2019
CS Patra is the Amazon bestselling author of several book series. They include but are not limited to The Reaper's Apprentices, Operation: Genome, Cirque Macabre, Portman's Creamery mysteries, The Patterns & Parallels Saga, Ghosts of Burning Inn, and Flavors of Love. She loves to dabble in different genres and loves to cross over. Her personal favorite thing is write about female characters in ...more

Portman Creameries Cases (2 books)
  • A Pile of Bones: Black Paradise Circus #2 (Portman Creameries Cases)