Start by marking “The Last Tail-Horse: A Companion Story to The Last of the Ageless (The Ageless Post-Apocalypse Series #1)” as Want to Read:

The Last Tail-Horse: A Companion Story to The Last of the Ageless

(The Ageless Post-Apocalypse Series #1)

After the end of the world, a young shapeshifter learns to fly... When Dalan discovers the last of a mutant species of beautiful, golden horses, he's forced to make a difficult decision.

This is a short story of approximately 8 pages, around 15 minutes to read. It takes place before the events of The Last of the Ageless, a post-apocalyptic adventure novel. You can read the
Published June 10th 2015 by Worldbinding Books

To ask other readers questions about The Last Tail-Horse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Last Tail-Horse

Start your review of The Last Tail-Horse: A Companion Story to The Last of the Ageless (The Ageless Post-Apocalypse Series #1)
Terence
Jun 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
The Last Tail-Horse is a quick and fun short story about two transmelding (shape shifting) brothers. The brothers Dalan and Mishnir have a distinct Native American feel to them as they respect the planet and animals around them deeply. This tale details one day of unexpected events when Mishnir takes Dalan into the woods to learn how to fly in his red hawk form.

First and foremost I have to admit that I was a beta reader for the author Traci Loudin for The Last Tail-Horse, so in all honesty my re
Nimrod Daniel
The Last Tail-Horse was my entry point to The Last of the Ageless: A Post-Apocalyptic Adventure. This is a very short story, maybe even too short, about two shapeshifting brothers. The writing was nice, but I must admit I'm not too fond of this take on shapeshifting.

I think a longer story could have been more satisfying and would have let the readers know the brothers better. In this case it's even more important because it seems like one of the brothers is an important character in The Last of
Ryan Toxopeus
Jun 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this short story. The themes of brotherhood, maturity, life and death were well done. The significance of the geography and legends were captivating, and I loved the way the animal shifting works. Overall, a highly enjoyable read, and I look forward to more from Traci Loudin!
Anthony Messina
Apr 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Unique characters and a fun twist on shape shifters.
Richard E.
Will Jones
Jul 13, 2018
Jeffrey Caston
May 24, 2020
Science fiction and fantasy are my great loves, and I have the bookcases to prove it! Please friend me if you love SFF, too. As a young West Virginian, I looked forward to library trips with my mother and the evenings when my father read H.G. Wells to me. Nowadays, I spend my time exploring geeky topics at www.traciloudin.com.

I'd love to hear from you! Please friend me, send me a message, or ask m

The Ageless Post-Apocalypse Series (4 books)
  • When All Is Lost: A Companion Story to The Last of the Ageless (The Ageless Post-Apocalypse Series #2)
  • The Beginning of the End: A Companion Story to The Last of the Ageless (The Ageless Post-Apocalypse Series #3)
  • The Voice of the Darkness: A Companion Story to The Last of the Ageless (The Ageless Post-Apocalypse Series #4)