Start by marking “Filthy Dirty Laundry (Filthy Dirty Laundry, #1)” as Want to Read:
Filthy Dirty Laundry (Filthy Dirty Laundry, #1)

Filthy Dirty Laundry

(Filthy Dirty Laundry #1)

Sidney Stone, a recent college graduate in journalism has freelanced at the hot tabloid online magazine FILTHY DIRTY LAUNDRY since it began, and has just been encouraged to apply for the editor's position. Just when she thought she was going to get the job, FILTHY DIRTY LAUNDRY was sold and her dream job of being the editor vanquished, only to find that FILTHY DIRTY ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 200 pages
Published July 13th 2015 by Sparklesoup Inc., sparklesoup.com

To ask other readers questions about Filthy Dirty Laundry, please sign up.
Kailin Hi Lana,

Hi Lana,

There will be about 4 or 5. As is typical of my book series, the first book introduces the main characters, but book two will take off with a lot more suspense and intrigue and yes, really steamy scenes. Philip has been holding back, and Johnson shows a side of him that will have you fanning yourself. So yes the series will continue with the same main characters but Johnson and Kendall will definitely show up more in the second book. (less)

Start your review of Filthy Dirty Laundry (Filthy Dirty Laundry, #1)
Krissys
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Filthy Dirty Laundry (Filthy Dirty Laundry #1) by Kailin Gow

As she watch her dreams vanish, she also gets into an accident with the cocky and much-too-sexy Philip, who seems to push every button in her, as he pushes beyond boundaries to get her to become a journalist she was meant to be.

With Kendall also joining the magazine, along with Sidney's best friend Johnson, FILTHY DIRTY LAUNDRY has become a hotbed of twists, turns, and passions in this new steamy series where exposing celebrity dirty
Janey
Jul 12, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: series
The premise..looked good
The delivery..I struggled.

Not because of the authors writing, which was descriptive and engaging, but the character connection.

I couldn’t work out what the heckity heck Philip LaFleur was playing at. His hot and cold demeanour wasn’t dominant, more like dismal, and his character build up should have left me yearning, rather than yawning.

I missed the hook on this one completely, but this would by no means affect my future reading of this author. She has written a shit
Kailin
Disclaimer: I'm the author!

New series with a bit of mystery, thrills, lots of action, steamy scenes, irresistible guys, and intrigue. Very excited for you to meet the main characters: Sidney and Philip.

Also, there's a personal experience I've had recently when writing this book series that is so fantastic, it's going into the tv series I'm hosting: Kailin Gow's Never A Dull Moment.

Hope you pick up this book and also watch the tv show :D

xo
Kailin
Courtney
Nov 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
3.5 Stars

This is the first volume in this series. And it definitely leaves you slightly intrigued.

Kailin always comes up with the very intriguing story lines. And Flirty Dirty Laundry is just another interesting series under her belt.

We meet the main characters plus some strong secondary characters that keep this book moving at a fast pace. I can sense there is more to these characters than what Kailin has given us in this first book. She gives us just enough information to keep us hooked.

Sidney
Captivating  Cakes
Nov 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow!

It's a great start to a pretty decent story idea.
A little rushed with the characters. I would have enjoyed a more in depth conversation between Kendal and Phill.
Random quotations and missing quotations is a minor annoyance. Other than calling Kiley Kendal in the beginning of the book its been a nice diversion on a rainy day.

Four stars.... not a perfect spot to break the first book into the second.
Not enough excitement to get my heart fluttered with an "Oh wow! That's steamy"! Where do
Amanda
Jul 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
I'm a fan of kailin and love all of her books. This one was no different. I finished it in one day and can't wait to see what's in store for Sydney. A few parts reminded me of other books I've read but really...there are are so many books out there that that's to be expected. Overall the story is cute and not predictable. Another great read from Kailin. Can't wait to read more.
Lorie Glowania
Jun 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A change in Sidney Stones workplace might be a good thing. But fate has another path and a direction. The problem is a old family history and a attraction that is taboo in more ways then one. Book one will leave you wanting and waiting for the next release
Susan
Nov 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is book 1 in a series, and it does what most books 1 do. It is setting up the story by giving lots of background information about the main characters, and what is going on in their lives at the present time. It is setting it up to be a fantastic story. You have Sidney who is a virgin that is in lust with her boss, Philip, who seems to also want Sidney, possibly in a BDSM relationship. His sister, Kendall, has made Sidney's life miserable for years because she thinks that she and her mother ...more
Erica
Nov 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars

Filthy Dirty Laundry part one is a quick read filling the reader in on back story. How the characters came to be where they are, how their pasts enter twine and sets up the struggles they face. Phillip wants Sydney, Phillips sister hates her and wants to ruin her life and Johnson is sniffing around as well though she's blind to it. With issues coming at Sydney from every direction its going to be interesting to see where this story goes.
Kristine GPI Bookblog

I wanted something a little dirty, a tad smutty, something that still had a storyline that would draw me in, and while I enjoyed Filthy Dirty Laundry, Sidney intrigued me from the first page, I never quite felt fully invested in the story.

Sidney Stone knows what it's like to grow up in the public eye, her mother a centrefold and her father a one time television star, she knows exactly what it's like to be tabloid fodder, the fall from grace was tough and the mean girls in high school like
Dalene
Jul 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

Sidney Stone is a freelanced journalist working at Filthy Dirty Laundry. Her world is turned upside down when she is in an accident. Philip LaFleur is instantly captivated by Sidney, but two problems. One: He caused her accident that sent her to the hospital. Two: He is her new boss. What's a girl to do? Sidney is a virgin who is lusting over Philip and Philip is trying for a relationship more than a boss/employee relationship. Oh and the
Deborah Harrell-jones
Down on her luck heroine

Sidney is a freelance writer looking to become editor but she doesn't know someone brought the company. She meets the owner during an accident finds she is attracted to him. Philip wants Sidney but she fights every step of the way. I didn't like her she was whiney, in her head a lot and immature. I want more from her. That's why i have it 4 stars i like everything else. The plot and flow was great just Sidney character could have more depth and I wanted the story in dual
Karja26
Nov 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great introduction to this mini series. It basically introduces all the major characters:

Sidney and what her growing up years have been like, making her who she is now. Philip her new boss and love interest, Johnson her "best" friend and colleague and Kendall her high school tormentor and former step sibling. there's more to the story between Kendall & Sidney so I suggest you read to find out.

The story ends with Sidney finally getting the juicy news story to write about instead of what food
Krista Ricchi
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in the series and I love that it gives you the back story. Seeing how the characters are connected really makes the story more enjoyable. I immediately fell in love with Syd she seems so genuine. I really enjoy the plot of this series it has a great level of originality and the writing style really sucks you in. This is a quick read so it’s great for when you just want a quick pick me up. I look forward to reading more in this series.
Karen
Jul 05, 2015 rated it liked it
I thought both Johnson and Philip were creepy. The book was so short so it felt that you only got superficial characterization and a tiny bit of plot action. Too short.
Melissa Alonso
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read

Oh can't wait to dig into this series .. love Sydney .. oh Johnson what will happen !! Phillip hmm will his sister get in between ??
What will happen !!
Laura M
Audrey
Mar 31, 2018
Lucinda
rated it did not like it
Oct 19, 2015
Marjorie M
Tal
Jul 17, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Kailin Gow is an American screenwriter, director, producer, speaker, and traditionally-published and indie author of hundreds of books. She has been a host on world-class stages, an invited speaker for BEA (Book Expo America) to talk about publishing, a member of TED Talk, and regular radio/TV guest for major stations. Over 10 Million copies of her books have been downloaded around the world.

She

Filthy Dirty Laundry (4 books)
  • FILTHY DIRTY LAUNDRY (A Stepbrother Romance) Vol. 2
  • FILTHY DIRTY LAUNDRY (A Stepbrother Romance) Vol. 3
  • FILTHY DIRTY LAUNDRY (A Stepbrother Romance) Vol. 4 (FILTHY DIRTY LAUDRY)