Start by marking “Pretty When You Cry (Stripped, #3)” as Want to Read:
Pretty When You Cry (Stripped, #3)

Pretty When You Cry

(Stripped #3)

A new dark romance novel from the New York Times bestselling author of Wanderlust and Prisoner…

I came from a place of dirt floors and holy scriptures. They told me the world outside was full of sin, and the first night I escape, I find out it’s true. Ivan saves me, but he does more than that. He takes me. He makes me his own girl.

My conditioning runs too deep. Ivan sees wh
ebook
Published October 20th 2015 by Smashwords

warhawke
Oct 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Dark and kinky lover
Genre: Dark Erotic Romance
Type: Standalone Book 3 of Stripped series
POV: First Person - Female
Rating:

Candace grew up in a life bound by perverse religious teachings where rewards and punishments were determined by how much one sinned. She escaped their clutches and ran as far as she could with the limited resources she had and ended up in front of the Grand.

Ivan was the reclusive owner of the Grand, a strip club and meeting place for all other underground dealings. He took Candace under his
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
DNF at 52%

One question for Ms. Warren about this book---

photo why-1_zpsb56ad343.gif

Gah. I couldn't wait for Ivan and Candace to get their story and she throws in THIS!?

I simply cannot stomach the Daddy and "little one" references/role play during sex. I like taboo but this just really rubs me the wrong way. I started out loving this book but I can stomach "Daddy" no more. Daddy is referenced in this book 25 times (and NOT to a dad). This is said and acted out between two lovers, Candace and Ivan.

His cock flexes in my
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
3 Stars

I never wanted to be pretty. I never wanted to drive men to sin- until that was all I had left.

Let's talk dark erotic taboo. This depraved pervert can't get enough of it. Take a look at my read shelves and you'll see what I mean. I loves me some kink. But here's the thing, even my perviness has it's limit, and it doesn't matter who writes it or how amazing the book is, it is guaranteed to deflate my enjoyment quicker than whisky dick: The "Daddy/Little One" kink. Can I look past it to
Amanda

First off, I found out about the whole Daddy/Little things talk from Allison, so I was mentally prepared myself when I started on this. Okay, it weird me out and I'm the opposite of aroused. But thank God the heroine didn't outright said 'Fuck me, Daddy.' She mostly just said 'Please, Daddy'.

description

Okay, rant over. Back to the story itself,

When I met Candy previously, I never thought she is so young. The story started off when she was 16 and meeting Ivan for the first time after she runaway f
Candace
I thought that the earlier books in this series were fantastic, so I was a little disappointed that I didn't fall in love with this book. I had been looking forward to learning more about the enigmatic and dangerous owner of the strip club where all of the heroines have worked. The relationship between Ivan and Candy had been alluded to and built up in earlier books and I was dying to get my hands on their story.

Unfortunately, while I liked their story, I didn't love it. The relationship dynami
Olga therebelreader
4.5~5 'WE WERE MADE TO DREAM' STARS

Loved this dark, raw, powerful and gut wrenching story of Ivan & Candace from the beginning to the middle and to the end, though at the end I just wanted more of the story. It's so dark and twisted and yet it felt so new and refreshing.

It tells a disturbing story of a girl named Candace (or Candy) who managed to escape from an abusive, conservative religious cult, the leader of which is responsible for the severe brainwashing, abuse, mind control, fear and
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
b>ARC kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Cristina
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Ruffles and lace are my armor. Lipstick and glitter, my war paint.”

I’ll be stuck with the word “Daddy” in my mind for a long time after reading this book...
This story was somehow creepy... I blame it on Leader Allen. But still I enjoyed it! I am curious about Sarah Elizabeth. What will happen with her?
Regarding the main characters from this book... let me say this: I got used to cruel men in Skye’s books, but Ivan... he was a beast (in one particular moment, but that moment made him a jerk f
Jacqueline
Oct 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 uncomfortable daddy kink stars

Dear me I read some dodgy shit. But I knew going into this one it was a dark read, with a 'daddy' kink. She's an adult but but he calls her his little one and punishes by spanking her or sending her to sit in the corner. I cannot lie, it was weird as fuck, but I only have myself to blame.

The story is actually filled with suspense and tension, it's not just about the sex, it's more a story about becoming an individual and making your own destiny. She's escaping f
crίѕтίŋα•●♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥●•
“People act like love is a gift, but it’s not. It’s theft. It’s a goddamn tragedy.
Love is losing a vital organ to a man who will never give his in return.”

* * *
“I discovered too late that it’s not the bars that make a jail, but the jailor.”

* * *
“Together. That’s one word for what we were. Depraved. Toxic. And beautiful.”

* * *
“Every love story is a knot, and ours is threaded with steel.”

* * *
“We are made of the same thing, he and I. Of sin and hope, of power and
Stephanie (Bookfever)
Pretty When You Cry is my new favorite book by Skye Warren and in this series. I was very excited to read Candy and Ivan's story but I honestly hadn't expected to love this book as much as I did. I even finished the story in one day because I couldn't and wouldn't stop reading.

The thing with this series for me is that I usually don't like the female main characters all the much but with this one I actually liked Candy a lot, which came as a surprise to me. But yeah, she was really intriguing be
Michelle
Oct 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

Rendered Image

"The scars are faded, but they'll never go away."

An irresistible twisted dark erotic romance!!! Pretty When You Cry by Skye Warren is one of those reads that hooks readers instantly as she introduces a young heroine, who has been brainwashed by a religious cult leader that she is a sinner and that she belongs to his flock. For years, Candace has been ingrained with scriptures and teachings from her cult leader. When Candace finally escapes t
Di Covey/TwistedBookReviews
Oct 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review.

4.5 - 5 Stars!

Skye Warren drove the bus to taboo, parked in the dark alley, and made me watch the depravity. I held my hand over my eyes, but I had to look.

"That’s how we are together —depraved and beautiful."

Pretty When You Cry is the fourth book in The Stripped Series, but it can be read as a standalone. The series revolves around different people that work at the Grand.

This is Ivan and Candy's story.

I'm at a loss for words. I originally
ZARIA (Sheldon Cooper lover)
Nov 06, 2015 rated it did not like it

DNF

I HAVE FUCKING HAD IT!!!!!!!!! 0 stars would have been more appropriate for this trash! This whole book was horrible.....Pure nauseating.

“What did you do next?” His voice is low, the grate of stone on stone. “Daddy needs to see.”
“I’ll be good, Daddy. I’m so sorry. I’ll be your good girl now.”
I push my hips into his touch, but he squeezes my wrist and lets it go. “No,” he says gently. “You need to be a good girl now.”
My mouth forms the words without making a sound. “Yes, Daddy.”
I squirm agains
Rejane
Nov 05, 2017 marked it as nope
No “daddy” I will not read this. Ewww
feeling sick 🤢💩
Jabberwocky

Title: Pretty When You Cry
Series: (Stripped, #3—but can be read as a STANDALONE)
Author: Skye Warren

♥ (Stripped, #2) Better When It Hurts
♥ (Stripped, #2.5) Even Better
♥ (Stripped, #3) Pretty When You Cry

description

Growing up in a secluded religious community, Candace's childho
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
4.5 STARS

We are made of the same thing, he and I. Of sin and hope, of power and pleasure.

Skye Warren delivers the most flawless, most beautifully written stories about the dirtiest, most gritty, darkest aspects of life.  Her horrifying depictions of violence, sexual depravity and damaged, broken souls are exquisitely dark and brutally brilliant.  Pretty When You Cry is the most recent installment in this twisted series about utterly ruined characters who find their way back to life and it comp
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)

Love can survive in the darkest, coldest places...

My introduction to Skye Warren was in a book that she co-wrote, called Prisoner, it was incredible. So I was excited to read more of her work. Pretty When You Cry was a page-turner from the very beginning when I was dropped right in the middle of a nail-biting scene. It was how Candace & Ivan first met. I was immediately invested and mentally pushing for them to get together.

Unfortunately, for both Candace and myself, Ivan had other ideas. An
Elfina Renee
Nov 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: favorites
 photo My Status 3.gif
Fabulously brilliant; Skye Warren has an amazing capacity for pushing the envelope, making you step outside of your comfort zone. Pretty When You Cry was know different! On so many fundamental scales she had me doing just that, as I was revolted by the persistent reference to Daddy and Little One role playing. Sorry must have some Daddy issues of my own as that was a nauseating experience, but damn the storyline itself was intense, filled with darkness.
 photo My Status 8.gif
On one hand I hated, I mean abso-fucking-
'Q' aka CoCo
Nov 09, 2015 rated it liked it
First let me say I had zero problem with the 'Daddy/Little One' that everybody seems to be so squicked out about. If written well, I even think it can be sexy, and Ms. Warren definitely writes it well. I think, for me, there was so much build up about this book that I couldn't help but be a little disappointed. I really expected dark, and what I got was light gray. There were times that I felt the story dragged (view spoiler) ...more
Myla
Oct 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
When underage runaway Candace (Candy) found herself in danger from the hands of men who follows her in the dark alley and kept on harassing her, they only stop when they saw Ivan. From then on Ivan becomes the protector of Candy!

Ivan is the owner of a stripped club, The Grand, where Candy is now working as a dancer (her passion) since reaching the legal age. The relationship between Ivan and Candace continues to develop; Ivan provides everything Candy needs and if Candy did something that Ivan i
Mamacita wants a Bedtime Story
Oct 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book was gifted and received in exchange for an honest review.

3.5 "This one is not for me" stars!

I LOVE THE STRIPPED SERIES. But, honestly, I didn't love Pretty When You Cry. I did finish this book because I love all the characters. I also couldn't rationalize the inconsistencies from Candy in this book as with the side character she portrayed in the previous books in this series.

I wish the author would have delved deeper into Ivan's tragic past and all his "side" businesses. I think that
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)
I LOVE me a good daddy/little kink, so I was looking forward to reading this, alas, it was just an OK read.

Also, and maybe it was just me, but I was cruising along, enjoying the story, turned the page to find out where the heck Clara had gotten off to, and then BAM, the book was done?? Like THE END, that's all she wrote folks! I was like..huh? WTF just happened??

I guess I am going to have to wait until the next book to find out where the heck Clara is...
Astraycat
An intense dark reading. H was cold but overprotective, and asked h to call him "daddy" when he punished her. h underwent something dark in her past. She earned her own by being a stripper because she wanted independence while H not want her to do so.

No sweet tender love here, so be sure of that before you read it.
Charlie
Nov 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 dark and twisted stars!

Skye Warren is just a master of dark romance and this one was certainly more than a little fucked up. It wasn't the darkest I've read from her but it still scratched the itch I had for something twisted.

“This is what makes you special, little one. Countless people have tried to hurt me, to kill me. You were the one to slay me.”

Saunders
Harsh, gritty and dark
Brianna Hale
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
God I love Skye Warren and dark daddy Skye Warren?? HOLD ME THIS IS PERFECT *sobs on Daddy Ivan's chest*
Paganalexandria
description

Candy is a runaway, in a strange town, and all the wolves can't wait to get a taste. Ivan is caught up in her innocence that calls to his darker urges.

The Good:
1. This might be my favorite book with a Daddy Dom theme. It’s very dark, with explicit kink, but strangely is the least creepy one I've found.

2. Ivan is scary, and remote. Just the way I love my crime bosses. He is stalkerific too.

3. I love a dance theme, and Candy's love of striptease qualifies. It's great when a stripper heroine loves
4.5 stars!

I really enjoyed this but (view spoiler)
Jos
Oct 19, 2015 added it
This is the second time this week that I cannot rate a book:( Sorry, I just couldn't give a rating because I genuinely love this author and this series up until this book for me has been absolutely perfect in every way and I mean nothing less than 5 star perfection so out of respect for the author, I am just leaving this story unrated:(

First let me say that I LOVED all of the previous books, they were all 5 Star reads for me but this one, I am speechless and not in a good way at all! To say I am

• Wicked Weapon (Dark Hearts, #2)
  • My Masters' Nightmare Season 1, Ep. 6 "Consequences" (My Masters' Nightmare, #6)
  • Birching his Bride
  • The Unrequited Dom
  • This Isn't You, Baby (War & Peace, #4)
  • Trust Me (Rough Love, #3)
  • Deliverance for Amelia (Killer, #1)
  • Mia's Journey
  • Serial, Volume Two (Serial, #2)
  • Maze (Ballerina, #2)
  • Broken Captive (Wren's Song, #3)
  • Prisoner of Poseidon (Villain's Love #2)
  • The Degas Girl
  • The Taming of Red Riding (A BDSM Fairy Tale)
  • The Decimation of Mae (Blue Butterfly #1)
  • Little Doll (Bittersweet Cartel #1)

Stripped (5 books)
  • Love the Way You Lie (Stripped, #1)
  • Better When It Hurts (Stripped, #2)
  • Hold You Against Me (Stripped, #4)
  • To the Ends of the Earth (Stripped, #5)
“love is a bitch.” I understand more than I want to. People act like love is a gift, but it’s not. It’s theft. It’s a goddamn tragedy.” 6 likes
“I understand more than I want to. People act like love is a gift, but it’s not. It’s theft. It’s a goddamn tragedy. Love is losing a vital organ to a man who will never give his in return.” 1 likes