Start by marking “Anything for Her” as Want to Read:
Anything for Her

Anything for Her

Sometimes the past comes back to haunt you.
Louise Leighton’s life has fallen apart, all because of one fateful night. Her husband is an adulterer, her sister is his mistress, and soon, Louise will lose everything she owns. But she never imagined she would lose her daughter.
ebook
Published June 5th 2015 by Smashwords Edition (first published June 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Anything for Her, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Anything for Her

Start your review of Anything for Her
Linda
May 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of Anything For Her by Jack Jordan through NetGalley. My thanks to JJP Publishers and to Jack Jordan for the opportunity.

Rage......Blazing anger that would pop the bolts out of a highrise girder.

Louise Leighton has just received the news that her husband, Michael, of twenty years has been having an affair. An affair for the last ten months. Twist the knife. An affair with her own sister. Twist the knife harder. Her much younger sister.

Michael just can't seem to back away from
Sue
ANYTHING FOR HER is the debut psychological thriller by Jack Jordan. This is one haunting book that will have you flipping the chapters to see what will happen next…and discover the truth about “that night.”

Michael Leighton confessed to his wife Louise to a 10-month affair with her younger sister, Denise. After 20 years of marriage her life has fallen apart, all because of one night. He BETRAYED her and she can NEVER forgive her sister! Michael has also lost control of his life and could face p
Zoeytron
Copy furnished by Net Galley for the price of a review.

As a full moon casts a cold and watchful eye over the landscape, something takes place that will unhinge lives. What happened that night on that dark road?

Conflicted feelings, dead birds, betrayal, and a mysterious journal with Read Me written in blood on the cover. The disintegration of a marriage and a family in rapid decline. My intent was to mention the usage of broken glass in the story, but I see another reviewer beat me to it (good re
Tooter
May 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars - I read in another reviewer's posting that this author is only 23 years old. What? This is an excellent debut novel and it sounds like his next book, My Girl, is even better.

I received a copy of this book through NetGalley. I'm definitely headed back there to request his second book.
Liz Barnsley
Anything For Her is an absolutely rip roaring page turner of a novel – a tense yet emotional thriller that is utterly gripping from the opening pages.

Louise and her daughter hide a devastating secret. In fact not a lot is going right in Louise’s life and yet things are about to get worse…

There are a lot of reasons why this one works SO well – great writing yes, but great characters who have a resonant depth to them, not always likeable (in fact hardly at all) but endlessly fascinating in their c
Linda Strong
Michael Leighton has just confessed to his wife, Louise, that he's been having an affair with her sister for months. Michael is also going to prison for embezzlement and everything they own will no longer be theirs.

Louise and her daughter, Brooke, have a secret .. one that even Michael doesn't know. And a secret that has changed their lives forever.

Staying at a second house many hours away, Louise is trying to wrap her head about all the terrible things that have happened. She finds a dead robin
Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
I got to 20% and just couldn't go on.

I think that by continually referring to 'that night', the author is trying to build up suspense. Unfortunately, it just didn't work for me. I found it irritating. Perhaps if he had dribbled just a little information each time I would have kept going.

Another thing that annoyed me (other than the characters, who were all very annoying!) was that Louise, who badly sprained her ankle one night, walks for hours on it the following day. Is she a masochist?

I wante
Lee
Aug 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I picked this up cheap from Amazon and had not heard of this author, I will definitely be looking for more from him. I absolutely loved this book, great characters, lots of suspense that kept drawing you in and a very intense plot. This was one of those books where you keep saying just one more chapter, one more chapter and the next thing you know two hours has flown by.
Petra
Nov 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, thriller
This was one of those "just one more chapter"-books that pulled me in right from the start and then was difficult to put down because I really wanted to find out what exactly happened "that night".
Whatever took place "that night" has remained a secret between Louise and her eighteen-year-old daughter Brooke. Not even Louise's husband Michael knows and family life - once happy, carefree and loving - hasn't been the same since. There are other problems to deal with as well. The family is facing f
Lisa
May 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Louise Leighton was married for 20 years until she found out her husband Michael was having an affair with Louise's sister she was so outraged she left the home she had with him & their 2 children Brooke & Dominic she ended up on a bridge contemplating whether to end it al on the bottle & totally unaware of what she is doing sher nearly falls off so decides she will return home to her cad of a husband & her children.

All of a sudden dead birds start to arrive on her doorstep she does not know why
Gary
Jul 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes crime thrillers, men, women, teens (over 14)
Recommended to Gary by: My sister
This book is unputdownable! That's probably not even a word but it's true. Gripping from start to finish, this crime thriller is a massive achievement from this first time author, who I hope won't keep us waiting too long for the next one. Jack must have done a lot of research to achieve the depth of knowledge it displays - either that or he is very mature and experienced for his young age.

What impressed me the most was his unerring ability to leave a cliff-hanger at the end of every chapter (an
Paromjit
Jun 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a novel that draws you in and never lets you go until you reach the end. The characters are finely tuned amidst a family that is on the precipice of disintegration before your eyes. The atmosphere of despairing agony clings to you like a clammy fog. Jack Jordan has written a debut novel that is a thrilling unsettling ride which I hope many will pick up and read. I for one look forward in anticipation for his next book. I would like to thank the author for sending a copy of the novel via ...more
Liz
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller, dark
I’m sorry… ‘Sometimes the past comes back to haunt you‘??? Nah… the past ALWAYS comes back to haunt you… and sometimes it may kill. Mostly though past comes to be a major pain in the hole.

Before I go into rambling about the book, let me just leave this here: W-O-W!

I liked My Girl by Jack Jordan, but Anything for Her was MILES better for me and I rated My Girl 4 stars. Goes without saying that I’m going to slap a ‘grim, what the hell are these people like‘ 5 stars on this one!

From sentence one… O
Janet
Aug 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Anything For Her is a debut from Jack Jordan that is both accomplished and and very readable. I had actually requested this on NetGalley only then to realise that I had purchased it some time before. I fully appreciate the gesture though and am grateful for the offer, so thanks for that.

After a few hours sleep one night I found I couldn't drift off again so I decided to pick this one up. A few pages in and I was hooked. So immersed I became as we met Louise the mother and Brooke the daughter. I
Sophie Narey (Bookreview- aholic)
Author: Jack Jordan
Published: 11/06/2015
Recommended for: fans of crime thrillers

I received this book for free through GoodReads FirstReads competitions. I thought that this was an extremely well written novel that effortlessly captures the readers attention and keeps hold of it. It is a book that is incredibly hard to put down, I lost alot of hours of sleep as I just couldn't stop reading this book!
Jack Jordan is a very talented author who keeps up and excellent pace throughout the book so that
Giulia
Oct 06, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I could hardly believe this book was the debut effort from a very young writer.. Great effort, the only reason I cannot review this a bit higher is that I did not feel any connection at all with the main characters. The book is suspenseful and goes back and forth between the present and "That Night". Something bad happened "That Night" and as you read on you find out exactly how bad it really was-. The book was fast paced but I did not like the main character-Louise at all --I feel her and her h ...more
Yvonne (It's All About Books)

Finished reading: May 3rd 2017

"What I've learned, Dominic, is that it isn't us that's weird, for not following the rules - it's those who cannot think for themselves that are the weird ones."

*** A copy of this book was kindly provided to me by Netgalley and JJP in exchange for an honest review. Thank you! ***

(view spoiler)
Samantha Luce
This one is tough to review. For a debut novel the writing is pretty good. The characters are not very likeable and there's really not much redemption happening. The mystery is ok, but I guessed it fairly early on. I thought I must have been wrong and the author would throw in some twists to prove I had fallen for a red herring, but no it was what I thought all along.
It took me quite a while to finish this one. I can't quite explain why. The author did a good job of ending each chapter with a l
Abigail
Jun 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a fantastic debut. This book had me longing to read on from the very first page. I love how descriptive this author is - he writes in such a way that you can literally imagine every person, every image and every scene like you're there. I've read so very many thrillers and it's rare that I come across an ending that is not exactly what I had expected by mid-book, but I was left shocked by this story. I absolutely loved it and I can't wait for the sequel!
Noelle
Jul 23, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given this book by the author in exchange for an honest review. My rating is actually 3.5 stars.

This is the authors debut novel, and on that note, I have to give him credit as writing is not as easy as some people think! The plot itself was interesting enough to grab my attention and had some key twists which I really enjoyed.

Unfortunately though, I have to admit that I really...really...struggled to read this book. I am a pretty fast reader. I can plough through, absorb and become utterly
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
This is Jack Jordan's debut novel and what a great way to start his writing career.

ONE NIGHT has serious repercussions for many people. I liked that we didn't find out until later in the story what actually happened on that one night. While we wonder what happened that night we see Louise's life falling apart when her husband confesses to having an affair- with her sister. As if that isn't bad enough on its own they are going to lose everything they own.

Needing to escape she leaves the family h
Donnie Burgess
Jun 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Anything for Her is the story of a family dealing with more problems than any family should ever have to deal with. A father, Michael, who is currently facing jail time for insider trading, is also having an affair – with his wife’s sister. His wife, Louise, and daughter, Brooke, share a dark secret that could cost them their lives, yet they are determined to take it to their graves. The story is told through each of their eyes, letting us see the whole picture in a way that none of them can. Sm ...more
Digital Book Freak
Review rating: 5+ Thrilling Stars!

Anything for her is a passionate story about how far you will go to protect your family and what you do when the past comes back to haunt you.

Louise Leighton just found out her husband is cheating on her with her sister. Angry and bitter, she leaves her family for some alone time at their country home.

Eighteen-year-old Brooke Leighton is missing. It’s up to Louise and the Metropolitan Police to find her. Has Brooke run away?

Louise and Brooke share a secret, one
Daisy
Wow! This is the debut novel of Jack Jordan. I'm very impressed and will be watching for more from him.

This novel was a very quick read. I would have read it in one sitting if life had not gotten in the way. The story goes back and forth between present day and "that night". It was not hard to follow at all though.

I was shocked by the end. I never expected what happened. This was a great suspense novel.

I would recommend it to anyone who loves a good psychological/suspense/thriller.
Cleopatra  Pullen
We meet Louise Leighton when she is in the depths of despair. She knows that her husband Michael is having an affair with her sister and they are about to lose everything and then her eighteen year old daughter Brooke goes missing! Did she leave of her own accord or has someone taken her against her will? The main part of the story is told in the present tense and concentrates on the search for Brooke although we do get some glimpses of life before everything went wrong.

Louise’s dilemma is a rea
Emma
May 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The sense of foreboding in this book is spine tingling.  As soon as you start reading you know that something about these characters, something they’ve done, is catastrophic. From start to finish my heart rate increased by a few beats a minutes and I felt tense, waiting…

Louise Leighton’s life is falling apart.  Everything that can go wrong is, and it’s going wrong with bells on it!  Her husband has been cheating on her, with her sister. Her husband is about to be arrested for tax evasion and fra
Shawna P.
May 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley-read
Where oh where to start. So many emotions packed into one book that I am struggling to find the words to convey my actual feelings. I saw this book on NetGalley and was intrigued so I requested it, and thought nothing of it when I got approved. I have never heard of the author, and after some digging, saw this was a debut novel. Normally debut novels are hit or miss. They either suck so hard and I am pissed I wasted time reading it, or I love it so much that I read all night.

If you are wonderin
Leanne Crabtree
Technically my mum won a copy of this book via Goodreads' Giveaways/First Reads program, but since she doesn't write reviews and I do, I'll read it too.

------------------------------------------------------------

3.5 stars.

So, I've read it. And though it isn't my usual genre--I like to mix it up every so often--I must admit I got quite into it. I wanted to know what happened that night; what secret were the mum and daughter keeping? Was it really that bad? Who was this guy scaring them?

Now that I
Jen
Jun 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I really enjoyed this book. It was a very fast read due to its compelling story and VERY large font (which I personally didn't like). It's hard to believe that this is Jack Jordan's first book as his writing style just flows and oozes with confidence usually only found in more accomplished authors.
I won't dwell on the plot too much as I wouldn't want to spoil any surprises. The ending is particularly strong and not at all predictable.
I urge you to read this, you won't be disappointed.
I'd like t
Karen
Jun 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
I found myself immersed in this story from the very first page; a story where no one is innocent and everyone harbors secrets. This was a fast-paced suspenseful thriller that I couldn't put down.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Forget My Name
  • Only Daughter
  • The Mudlark Orphan
  • The Christmas Invitation

Author of Anything for Her, My Girl, A Woman Scorned, and Before Her Eyes. Night by Night is published 2nd May 2019.