Start by marking “Designing Delivery: Rethinking IT in the Digital Service Economy” as Want to Read:
Designing Delivery: Rethinking IT in the Digital Service Economy

Designing Delivery: Rethinking IT in the Digital Service Economy

Now that we’re moving from a product economy to a digital service economy, software is becoming critical for navigating our everyday lives. The quality of your service depends on how well it helps customers accomplish goals and satisfy needs. Service quality is not about designing capabilities, but about making—and keeping—promises to customers.

To help you improve cu

Published June 3rd 2015 by O'Reilly Media

To ask other readers questions about Designing Delivery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Designing Delivery

Start your review of Designing Delivery: Rethinking IT in the Digital Service Economy
Denis Romanovsky
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
For me this book was like a proof of my thoughts - systems evolve basing on feedback; emergent behavior rules things; empathy is important for success; marketing, design, development and operations are like one tightly coupled system. What was new is a theory of promises - really interesting, relationship between systems through conversations, value co-creation and a new role of QA as a detector of gaps between promises and reality.

This book is very hard to read. It is repetitive a bit from tim
Ashkhan
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: service-design
Even though there are only 232 pages cover to cover, I found the book quite long-winded. It is about the nextgen IT organization. There are a lot underlying constructs and theories used to explain couple of basic steps.

* teams should communicate better among themselves
* departments as well
* customers should be always the priority
* etc

These are commonsense practices wrapped into 232 pages.

I liked the introduction to the promise theory though. I looked for something more practical which this
Roger K.
Apr 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is required reading for anyone involved in IT work. Jeff Sussna brilliantly captures the essential shift of IT from a complicated system run and optimized by a central hierarchy of experts to a complex system that must continually evolve its design by learning and adaptation. Services must now be evaluated on more than whether they are stable:
- they must deliver customer outcomes
- they must be accessible when and where needed regardless of demand
- they must enable coherent customer jou
Sebastian Gebski
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was ok
It's a shame when a smart author with a decent knowledge writes about important topics in such a boring way.
I wasn't able to find something I don't agree with, but ... it was all written in a way that was constantly discouraging me from reading further. Why exactly? Maybe it was too theoretical and 'dry'? Maybe it's just writer's style? Can't tell for sure but there are far better books too read about modern IT.

I'm very sorry to rate it so low (like I've written above, I agree with author's way
Nidhal Ben Tahar
Jan 02, 2017 rated it did not like it
Have you ever had a "Déjà lu"? When you're reading a passage and ask yourself "Haven't I read this before?". I had plenty of these uncanny sensations reading this book, because it's too repetitive.

What gets repeated is "build quality in", "empathy", and "conversational IT", etc. We all received advice like "be happy", "be confident", "don't be stressed", and it works right?
Matt
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A book I wish I would've written! Excellent synthesis of agile, devops, systems thinking and service design/delivery. Must-read for anyone working in the digital economy. ...more
Andy
Esther M
Nov 09, 2019
Tuomas-matti Soikkeli
Nov 24, 2015

• Bury Your Dead (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #6)
  • The Beautiful Mystery (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #8)
  • The Brutal Telling (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #5)
  • Measure What Matters