Start by marking “Back Online (From the Files of Madison Finn, #23)” as Want to Read:
Back Online (From the Files of Madison Finn, #23)

Back Online (From the Files of Madison Finn, #23)

Published 2016 by Open Road Media

To ask other readers questions about Back Online, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Back Online

Start your review of Back Online (From the Files of Madison Finn, #23)
Pug
Mar 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Spoilers Ahead!

OMG! This book made me feel so many things. I read these books when I was in 5th grade, now I'm in 10th. I didn't necessarily dislike this book. It was actually pretty entertaining. I actually know Laura Dower personally as she lives in the same neighborhood as I do. So when I talk to her next, I am going to ask her why she took all that I loved from the original series, turned it on itself and changed it. Example of what I mean: " You thought Maddie and Hart would be together
Eleni
Aug 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have so many feelings right now. I waited nine years for this book to be written (truthfully I never thought you'd ever continue this series until I randomly found out last year), and I was NOT disappointed. In the two hours it took me to read this, I reverted back to my middle school self and loved every minute of it. I can't even articulate all the feelings of nostalgia and, simply put, fangirling I felt when I read this book. I remembered why this book series was so important to me, and how ...more
Cait Shanly
Sep 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Anna
I LOVED these books as a kid so had to read this when I realized there was a new one. The technology and slang didn't really align with the year this is supposed to be in, but was fun to take a trip down memory lane. Now all I want is an adult Madison Finn book where she uses instagram.
Michelle Kidwell
Jul 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Back Online

by Laura Dower

Open Road Integrated Media

Open Road Media Teen & Tween
Children’s Fiction

Pub Date 09 Aug 2016

I was given a copy of Back Online through the publisher and their partnership with Netgalley in exchange for my honest review which is as follows:

After an awesome Summer including a trip to Japan and a road trip with her Dad Madison is facing disappointment. In June and July her boyfriend emails her everyday but by October she hasn’t heard a peep from him in a couple of
Kourtney
Jul 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads, kindle
This was a cute story about Madison Finn and her friends entering 8th grade. This was my first Madison Finn story (turns out there are 22 other stories I have missed out on!) and it brought me back to that time when you were just figuring out your feelings for the opposite sex, and making and breaking friendships. A new girl, Layli, moves to town and befriends Madison's group of friends. I keep getting the feeling that Layli may turn out to be a frenemy at some point. There were some serious ...more
Mila
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
Listen! Listen!
I used to read these books when I was younger and I kept going back to them because they felt like hugs and they made me laugh out loud all the time!! And I just freaking loved them!
Reading this book was going back to all those happy and warm feelings <3 granted, I'm not 11 anymore and I can't obviously relate in the way that I did before... but still, I enjoyed it immensely! The characters are still as endearing as ever and Maddie still makes me happy/sad/worry with her.
My
This is rather an average story about an average girl in a fictional suburbia where the most worries she has are if her dog will get well, and who she should be crushing on.

Nothing wrong with that. And this might appeal to the intended audience, which is middle-school girls. I used to love the Beverly Cleary books, and this reminds me a bit of those, where average things happen, and that is life, and that is the book.

I guess I am spoiled, and want more. But this is the 24th in the series, so, it
Cas H.
Aug 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Back online is a cute story of a middle school girl who moves towns and then starts a new school in her 8th-grade year. She makes friends with a group of girls and ends up liking a couple of boys in the process. It sounds like an average book, however, it is well written and worth reading.
This is my first book in the series, and I think my 6th-grade girl would love it.
I received a free copy of this book from NetGalley in return for my honest review.
TanTan
Nov 26, 2016
Barker101
Aug 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Great series until...
Okay, I love the Madison Finn books, but this didn't quite live up to expectations. I like Ms. Dower, but this way-too-late sequel was not as great as it could've been. All in all, I'd say it was decent. Read it right after you read the others to continue the story.
Bluerose-ruby
Mar 17, 2017
Timothy
Jul 07, 2016
Soup
rated it did not like it
Jul 17, 2016

• My Education
  • Touching the Void: The True Story of One Man's Miraculous Survival
  • I Was Here
  • Nineteen Minutes
Laura Dower worked in marketing and editorial in kid’s publishing for many years before taking a big leap to the full-time life of an author. Since 2000, she has penned 90+ books–from picture books to young adult fiction and nonfiction. Along the way, she had two sons and a daughter. Laura and her groovy family of five live in Yonkers, NY.