Start by marking “Chrononauts, Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
Chrononauts, Vol. 1

Chrononauts, Vol. 1

(Chrononauts #1-4)

Corbin Quinn and Danny Reilly are time travelers whose plans go off-course, leading to wild adventures in the time-stream.

Collects CHRONONAUTS #1-4
Published September 9th 2015 by Image Comics (first published March 18th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Chrononauts, Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chrononauts, Vol. 1

Patrick
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun comic that deals with the concept of time travel. But only in a very loose soft sci-fi way. No big science, no deep philosophical or causal implications.

It's a fun, bite-sized comic. Well-written and fast paced, as you'd expect from Millar.

It's also kinda unique in that it seems to have been written as a single volume, with no door left open for a sequel. I find that kind of refreshing, as I don't feel the need to rush out and buy more of them, or wait for the story to progress.

On the other
Sam Quixote
Jul 03, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Spoilers - this comic is shit!

Meet the ultimate craptastic time-travel story: Chrononauts!

What happens when two meathead “scientist” dudebros invent time-travel? Dude - they use it to get babes, money and fast cars! Yah, brah, they like totally get laid tons and use their knowledge of history and their timesuits to jump into any timezone and get stuff to make their lives easier whenever they want!

They want to become emperors to 16th century people? Give them 21st century weaponry and lead them
GrilledCheeseSamurai (Scott)

Idiotic fun. That's what this was.

I seem to either love Mark Millers work or...okay...I usually just love Mark Millar's work. Something about the dude makes me wish I could hate something of his though. Just once. Ya know?

The whole premise of this one was pretty whack. A couple of dudes who happen to be brilliant scientists invent time travel and decide to televise all of histories greatest moments.

Pretty freaking smart if you ask me. Reality television at its finest.

Except once they hop back in
Crystal Starr Light
Bullet Review:

Highly readable and kinda fun, but I have no clue how any of this works. Suits can work for 100 years, regardless of what they bring - whether it's a person or the White House? Danny and Corbin can gallivant across time and yet that doesn't affect the present? And what about how the effing hell they fixed the timeline?

Oh well, just read and sing "LA LA LA" as loud as you can to drown out your brain, which likely can think light years around "240 IQ" doofus Corbin.

Have I mentioned h
Javier Muñoz
Aventura intrascendente, un par de científicos participan en un proyecto en el que descubren la forma de viajar en el tiempo, cuando lo consiguen comienza un sinfín de disparates ya que en lugar de cumplir su misión de conseguir imágenes de hechos históricos comienzan a utilizar su traje temporal para pegarse la gran vida y adquirir poder personal, tras unos tiempos felices llega el momento de cargar con las consecuencias e intentar remediar el entuerto.

Es la típica historia corta de Millar, sim
Donovan
Nov 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Much like an ice cream sundae, what's not to like about Chrononauts? Friends and physicists Corbin Quinn and Danny Reilly invent time travel in the form of chrono-suits. When Corbin gets thrown off course (of course!) he makes his own personal playground in time, and rather than rescue him Danny joins in the fun. Why not?

Now you might say that's shallow. It's a simple "what if" involving time travel and bromance. So what. You might say Corbin and Danny are bros: they're silly, hedonistic and rec
Gavin
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
That's it? Really? Vapid and shallow, bad enough, but plagiarism? (Read Remender's Black Science and tell me there's not a bit of "oh cool,idea, I'll take it and dumb down for peeps.")

The Mannix character ie. Tommy Lee Jones, is a carbon copy of the Bodyguard in Murphy's Punk Rock Jesus, as well as the security head in Remender's Black Science.

Once scientist looks like Wolverine, the other like Johnny Storm. But these are the dumbest "scientists" ever.

I gave an extra star because in spite of mos
Damon
Apr 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Fun story. Glad to see there is nothing intentionally shocking.
Well, the art is great...

The story is a p unoriginal "dude wouldn't it be bad-ass if we could do whatever we wanted with time??" type romp. Spoilers they alleg have IQs of 240 and their best ideas are literally "sleep with a lot of girls and bring a bunch of anachronistic weapons to the Middle Ages so the people worship you". Very much Millar indulging his inner 14 year old (I know you're thinking, why did you expect anything else? But I really loved starlight! I'm even defensive of a handful o
Joe
Feb 27, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was Re-God-Damn-Diculous! Mark Millar treats time travel with all the deference of a 5 year old eating a pixie stick who just found his dad's playboys under the bed. It starts off with two fratty-bros who are about to travel through time. One is the Tony Starkish inventor and one is his dumb bro. It was intriguing because as they were getting closer to time travel, they found a lot of modern artifacts in places where modern artifacts shouldn't be so they believed this confirmed they we ...more
Travis Duke
Really surprised how silly and shallow this book was. Mark Millar has been one of my favorites and with this series I was let down. The story follows two friends who are time travelers that are supposed to be documenting time but instead they decide to get girls and money. Drop the bad language and its a much better graphic novel for young kids, seriously it really is. The fact that its considered adult and not even older teen is shocking to me. The writing is immature and trite and not very int ...more
Trece
Jun 16, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
A money grabber storyboard for an easy movie.
Definitely Millar is the Michael Bay of comics. No story, just effects, explosions and shinny vehicles, you can't have fun with something that isn't made to care. It's a shame the excellent art wasted on this failure.

Think i need a time travel suit to recover the time wasted on this.
Diana Ashkanani
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
The story was fun... but not too special. HOWEVER, the artwork was AMAZING!

5 stars for the art.
Jesse A
Jan 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some pretty fun stuff from Millar here.
Alex Sarll
At socially-aware geek con Nine Worlds this summer, I caused an outraged scene reminiscent of a Punch cartoon when I opined that after a load of right bollocks, some of Mark Millar's recent work had been OK again. This, however, shows that he hasn't altogether given up on the adolescent tripe semi-rescued by a good artist. A thundering arsehole of a science bro (inexplicably working for NASA, rather than a private sector Elon Musk type) invents time travel along with his basically identical bro ...more
Roxanne
Jun 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's only four issues so a quick read but it's definitely worth checking out. Corbin & Danny are assholes, but they're time travelling assholes and they go back and piss about with history until they screw themselves over. It's funny it definitely has it moments and it's one you'll either love or hate i wasn't immediately won over by the first issue but by the fourth i look forward to this one coming out each month. It has a smushy ending probably a little too cutesy for my tastes but overal ...more
Richard
May 14, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Two frat boys romp through history and all I want is for them to die. Miserable.
Ανδρέας Μιχαηλίδης
[I actually found the exclusive, Z-Box Edition - wait for it - sold at the Kelvingrove Museum in Glasgow].

I am quite conflicted about this one. On the one hand, if we go by its categorization as sci-fi, it is atrociously bad, with no believable science or logic whatsoever. Time travel tales are tricky to begin with and this one does not seem to pay attention even to the basics. On the other hand, if you read it as a sort-of-science-ish pulp adventure, it's really good fun in a naive and not-too-
Marc Pastor
Jul 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Si no fas gaire cas de la infinitat de paradoxes temporals inherents a la història, ni que tampoc aporta gaire res de nou a la temàtica dels viatges en el temps, no deixa de ser un divertimento entretingut i ben trenat.
Suposo que si no han fet pel·li encara és perquè aquest cop Millar ha picat massa amunt en els calers que costaria fer-la.
SpookySoto
Rating: It was ok, I liked it but could have been better☺.

It’s nothing special, too silly and it lacks depth, but it’s entertaining. If you want something quick and light I recommend it.
Alasondro Alegré
★★★ ...more
Scott
Jan 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Whoa! Hang on to your chrono-suit as these two sciencey bros time-travel all over the friggin' planet, causing all sorts of mischief that only a couple of wily dudes can cause. Together they've brought the modern mechanized world into the fold of early history. We're talking dinosaurs chasing sports cars 65 million years ago and Samurai's riding on tanks! (the Grand Canyon in 1452 was one of my favorite scenes). Millar along with Murphy have co-created a fun romp through space and time, that whi ...more
Jonathan
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
Okay, so basically what happened was I read the first two issues and thought this would be cool, so I bought the collected version. Dudes go back in time, do a bunch of stupid stuff, fix all of the stupid stuff without any explanation(?), everything is perfect. The end? I don't get it.

2/5
Greg
Jul 01, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Time traveling bros. Very breezy.
Zuzka Namu Jakubkova
Manpain, manpain, manpain.

The illustration was nice, by the way.
Jacob
Mar 12, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic-books
Frat boys time travel. A little too silly for me. Poorly executed and very poorly resolved.
Bert
Jun 03, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic-book
It's a story about time-travel, so expect it to become nonsensical quite rapidly. The sugary sweet ending is a lame cop-out, and the funny shenanigans get weary after a while.
Caitlin
Apr 13, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book basically forced me to admit that I'm just not a Mark Millar fan. While I think he's capable of brilliant work (most notably Red Son), I dislike most of his stories that I've read. Chrononauts is no exception. To steal a friend's phrase, I consider Millar an edgelord (along with Frank Miller and Garth Ennis). He writes whatever he thinks will shock or push boundaries the most. Sometimes that works for me, most of the time it doesn't. The intention as far as I can tell with Chrononauts ...more
ullianachase (hiatus)
Да уж, было весело) Конечно, тут акцент делался не на всю эту научную суть путешествий во времени, а скорее на приключения и юмор. Получилось нечто сумбурное, странное, но очень смешное. Гоночные машины в Древнем Риме, самолеты в Египте, японские самураи на танках посреди пустыни, даже рождение Христа!
Герои придурковатые, но очень харизматичные.
Этот комикс уж точно скрасит унылый вечер.
Kathleen
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An unexpectedly funny romp through time! Two guys with the power to go anywhere, anywhen will make some questionable decisions, as it turns out.

• Low, Vol. 3: Shore of the Dying Light
  • The Astounding Wolf-Man, Volume 2
  • Divinity
  • Prophet, Volume 2: Brothers
  • Rumble, Vol. 1: The Color of Darkness
  • Descender, Vol. 5: Rise of the Robots
  • The Red Wing
  • Punk Rock Jesus
  • Cowboy Ninja Viking Volume 1 (Cowboy Ninja Viking, #1)
  • Lazarus, Vol. 5: Cull
  • The Homeland Directive
  • Ex Machina: The Deluxe Edition, Vol. 3
  • SEXCASTLE
  • The Massive, Vol. 4: Sahara
Mark Millar is the New York Times best-selling writer of Wanted, the Kick-Ass series, The Secret Service, Jupiter’s Legacy, Jupiter’s Circle, Nemesis, Superior, Super Crooks, American Jesus, MPH, Starlight, and Chrononauts. Wanted, Kick-Ass, Kick-Ass 2, and The Secret Service (as Kingsman: The Secret Service) have been adapted into feature films, and Nemesis, Superior, Starlight, War Heroes, Jupit ...more

Chrononauts (4 books)