Start by marking “Tyed” as Want to Read:
Tyed

Tyed

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  7,469 Ratings  ·  737 Reviews
Rock bottom has built way more champions than privilege ever has.

Blaire, an underachieving college student with zero prospects and a ton of issues (hey, being the less-successful twin of a gorgeous supermodel would totally do that to you) needs something from Ty.

Mixed Martial artist Ty, a soon-to-be Welterweight champion of the Xtreme Warrior League and the hottest guy i
Published July 1st 2015 by Amazon Digital Services

Tyed by L.J. ShenReal by Katy EvansBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireDominic by L.A. CaseyConsumed by Skyla Madi
MMA Men
65 books — 96 voters
Real by Katy EvansFighting for Flight by J.B. SalsburyTyed by L.J. ShenBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireSeducing Cinderella by Gina L. Maxwell
Best MMA Books
86 books — 272 voters

More lists with this book...

NiCoLeTa E.
***5 "BMine" stars***

Did not hear it, yet???
There is a new fighter in the town and he is just gorgeous!!!

His name is Tyler "The Zombie" Wilder... but everyone calls him Ty.
Ty is yummy!!! Sexy as hell!!! Hot as a sin!!! Shall i continue???
Oh, God!!! I think...

... and i'm fuckin' drooling!!!

But i have to be fair... Blaire is equal amazing.

Those two together were amazingly delicious...
I loved that book!!! I really did!!!

L.J. Shen, your debut book was a kick a** journey!!!

I lost my mind in there
Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦
4 Stars!!

description

After reading 'Sparrow', Mrs. Shen’s other book, I was eager to try this one, especially since I’ve heard is as good as that one. If you are looking for a fighter romance novel, look no further because 'Tyed' was a great, entertaining, sexy fast paced NA/MMA romance with just a little bit of everything for you to be invested in these characters and their story from the very beginning.

"What are you doing to me, Blaire?"
"I'm not sure, but you did it first to me."

Blaire hates college

Release Date: 1 July, 2015
Rating: 4 stars
Cliffhanger:. No
HEA: (view spoiler)

Blaire is studying Communications only to please her parents. She doesn’t have much of a choice in that matter. So while counting down days till her graduation and anticipating a start to a new (preferably better) life, Blaire has to write her last journalism assignment about something she has no idea of. The topic of her article is MMA…

That’s how she me
Cristina
Jun 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, fighting-men
This book is L.J. Shen's debut novel and what a debut it is. I especially loved the main female character, Blaire...she is my kind of girl :P

description

Blaire is your typical college student. She went to college because her parents wanted her too, she doesn't know what she wants to do with her life once she graduates and on top of that the fact that her twin sister is a gorgeous supermodel and the equivalent of a Victoria Secret angel isn't helping at all.

description

Blaire is also very awesome. She's a little bit cra
Baba
Jun 07, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: rolls-eyes
2.5 stars (3 stars for the first half, 2 stars for the second half). Review posted June 11, 2015

photo oie_Jmxh6D1AmF3n_zpsnmykwrgi.gif

The first half of Tyed reads like an OTT comedy. Even though I wouldn't have fawned over it at any given moment, it was nice, light and fun. Until I hit the second half, that is. Then it started to get annoying.

The first half was…cute? Even though it was clichéd, it was actually kind of entertaining. Although Blaire was seriously exhausting. I mean she was funny, all right, but her brain and mouth wer
Pam
4 Forever Tied stars
I kissed him and survived. I kissed him and it was delicious. I kissed him and found out that he was just a boy, kissing a girl, hoping she'd like it—and him—after all.

Blaire has two months and twelve days left until she is free. No one believes she can graduate, which makes her want to prove them wrong even more...she may not know what she wants to do with her life, but she has a goal and that is enough for now. She's tired of being compared to her twin super-model siste
Elizabeth
4.5 Tyed to TY stars

"You're wasting your time, Barbie. I'm not giving you up."-Ty

description

Tyed is a heart pumping riveting tale of an MMA fighter and America's Sweetheart. It is full of action, tension, passion, tenderness, and romance. The story of Ty and Blaire is not your conventional fighter story. The writing is quick and witty and the in-depth characterization will have you hooked from the first word on the first page.

description

Blaire is a good girl just trying to finish her college degree. She has spent her
* Meli Mel *

♥ ♥ ♥ 4 STARS ♥ ♥ ♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"What are you doing to me, Blaire?"

"I'm not sure, but you did it first to me."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Blaire Stern has an assignment she is sure she will fail. She is stuck in an unhappy life, bartending part time, and doesn't know which way to go in life. She has a perfect supermodel twin sister that travels the world, while she is in college trying to please her parents. And now with this assig
Michelle
*ARC provided by the author for an honest review*

This was totally amazeballs luvd it

Tyed is about a MMA fighter Ty an Blaire a college grad there is story is great Blaine as 2 do an college assignment on a man's topic an her teacher as picked MMA it's not Blaine thing but she can't swap or change the topic so when she sees what she as she hasn't a clue what it's al about when she finds out how brutal it is an the hyper about it good an bad she as no choice but 2 look it up an talk 2 the people
warhawke
Jul 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person – Female
Rating:

ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review

Blaire Sterns was just skirting through life. Not only having a supermodel as her twin sister put a blow on her confidence, she also wasn’t doing well at school. As a reluctant communications student, she was assigned to write about MMA which she had no knowledge about.

Tyler Wilder was the local MMA hero touted to be the next Xtreme Warrior League champion. He had the lethal combinatio
Christy
Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars!

photo 20245988_10104015778699168_1267167407208230792_n_zpsb9g6m9pa.jpg

Tyed is my first LJ Shen book, but it definitely won’t be my last! I love ‘fighter’ books, and this audio hit the spot. Blaire is a college student who has one last project that will determine if she graduates. That project is for her journalism class, and she has to write an article about the MMA. She knows nothing about the MMA, but she’s willing to do whatever to get the grade to pass, so she does some research…

Ty Wylder is one of the MMA fighters where Blaire goes to research. When
Genre –New Adult/MMA
Type – Stand Alone
Cliffhanger – No
Rating – 4.5 out of 5 Stars

Complimentary copy generously provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

My Thoughts - Story
Wow…what a great debut novel from Ms. Shen. Job well done and I’m not a big fan of the MMA genre but this book gripped me with the witty banter and arrogance turned to a perfect specimen of a man.

Both of these characters were developed perfectly throughou
Eliya Orman
Feb 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
תמונה5

I never believed in lust at first sight.

...Until Ty Wilder stormed into that parking lot in grey sweatpants and black MMA shirt that highlighted every sculpted muscle, every vein and every tattoo in his body. I used every ounce of self-control to use my brain cells to try and not to drool.
And then he opened his mouth. And I knew I was done for, just like Blair.

It seems like every word Ty shoots from his mouth flies straight into your underwear, and he has a knack for making your heart go wild l
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
L.J. Shen did a great job on her debut novel!

Recap: Blaire, aka Barbie, is like many college students...trudging thru a boring major, uncertain what she really wants out of life. She really is a bit lost until her journalism major puts her on an assignment into the world of MMA fighting! Ty "The Zombie" Wilder is her first MMA encounter and it is quite a lasting one. Instant intrigue and lust, but worlds apart. So begins the tale of a simple assignment...then a date...then a relationship...then
L.J. Shen
Jun 01, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)

Can't rate my own book but I can tell you that it's been a blast to write it. Blaire and Ty are two cool people I've had the pleasure of spending hours with. This is my first novel and, naturally, it's far from perfect, but I'm glad I managed to capture some of the things I love as a reader.

I hope you'll enjoy Blaire and Ty's journey as much as I did. I LOVE my readers and enjoy talking books, so if you liked Tyed, please do not hesitate to contact me on my Facebook page and PM me:

Eda** # Dax Lahn's Golden Tigress  #

** 3,5-4 “Barbie” STARS **

“It looks like BRAIN and HORMONES are in for a fight. Just as long as HEART stays out of the ring…”
~ BLAIRE

description

Blaire Stern isn’t much happy with her life. Having a lingerie-model “perfect” twin sister, pushy parents that want her to study something she isn’t interested in at all, mostly flunking her classes because of her non-existent interest and having to work part-time as a bartender in order to be able to afford her rent, isn’t exactly the “dream life” she had
Dee Montoya
****4 Very Entertaining Stars****

(Arc kindly provided by author in exchange for an honest review)

Whenever I accept an ARC from a new author I get excited and nervous, only because I never know if it's going to be match for me, or not. But there's always that book that takes me by surprise and I end up loving so much that I can hardly even put it down; that was Tyed for me. Awesome weekend read!!!

photo 43df0a15-447e-4fe8-b21a-17769c0ab6fe_zpstswcrkrx.jpg

Blair is counting down the days till graduation. She's studying communications but only to please he
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

23-year old Blaire has to write an essay about mixed martial arts for her journalism class.

description

A class that she doesn't really like - journalism wasn't really the thing she wanted to do for the rest of her life. But mom and dad - and her supermodel twin sister - are paying for her life, so she needs to finish her degree, or they will stop with the money!

She has never heard of MMA, doesn't really know where to start.
She ends up at a gym......

description

...where professional fighter Tyler Wilder trains.

Tyler -
Lin (From Chika With Love - Blog) Cohen
soooo I was one of the luckiest beta readers that got the chance reading this amazing story!
Ty is defenitly the one that is going to live in my heart and dreams for a very long time :-)
I just couldn't stop reading from the first word 'till the last one...
in L.J. hilarious writing I enjoyed it so much (even in the sad parts!!! sorry L.J.)
the only thing that disturbed me the most is the open ending of the story...
I understand that this is a trilogy and "to be continued" is in order, but - HELLOW
S.M. West
Jun 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.75 “I see you” STARS

Blaire Stern is used to being “Boring Blaire” in comparison to her supermodel, twin sister “Sizzling Izzy.” She’s also used to be a disappointment to her parents and being ignored by most.

Blaire has a final assignment for her communications degree and the professor chooses the topic; no chance for changing the subject matter. Blaire’s topic is MMA – mixed martial arts – which at first she has no clue what it is.

With the help of her best friend, Shane, she’s gets connected
Limor Moyal
Jun 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I think I'm a tad in love with Ty Wilder!!!

Soooooooooooooo, what did I like about this book so much? Well, for one, it was FUNNY. I mean, damn, it's been a long time since I've LOLed from a book. Elle Kennedy is the only author who makes me laugh out loud, and since I've already read all of her stuff, my mind was blown when I discovered that a new author can do that to me too.

Second of all - the hero. I mean, Blaire was a cutie, don't get me wrong, but TY WILDER! Man, you are on fire, do you eve
NMmomof4
2 Stars

Overall Opinion: I think this was one of those that I went into expecting greatness, and was sadly disappointed. I had huge issues with the pacing and time jumps. I like to experience the h and H developing feelings, and this had only a minimal amount of that. I ended up not feeling the connection that much because of it. I also would've really liked to have some of Ty's POV. I thought the h was overly judgemental at times to where I would find myself rolling my eyes. She also had such
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

No review. Just will say that I liked it but certainly didn't love it. The pace at which the relationship progressed was a bit too fast for my liking but that's totally a personal preference here. There was a bit of a... well, can't really say TWIST, but some things were revealed which surprised me. And not in a good way either. The ending was a bit immature for my taste. I never fell in love with the hero. He didn't really come off as mysterious as he was supposed to, methinkes. I don't know.
bella ϟ  [ bella farren ]
1.5/5 stars

Well, all I can say was this book started off on a bad note from the get-go. A suicide joke on the first page is a sure way to ensure my skepticism for a book, it's something that irritates me to no end, constantly reading books where mental illnesses are used as the punch line of a joke.

Just the thought of somebody making light of the fact that people can be feel such hopelessness that they want to die, irks me. The joke used in a ‘quirky’ little sentence to describe how a privilege
~ Stéphanie ~ Tied up in Romance ~

description

Tyed is the debut novel of L.J Shen. When she contacted me to review her book I was a little anxious because I had two other bad experiences with authors and I nearly refused but who can really resist a MMA fighter?

description

Blaire is about the graduate from college and doesn't really know what to do next. She doesn't have the support from her parents; her twin sister is a model and travels a lot so she has only her best friend, Shane to rely on.
When she has to write a paper about MMA, she is in
Stephanie Beasley
Jun 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Was a great book, the writing was easy to read and understand. I enjoyed the story between the characters and I look forward to more of this story I would like to know what happens to the sister so maybe there will be a second book?? ((hehe i never hurts to ask if you like the book for more!!!)) anyway.. I recommend this author and the book. Please support her and buy her book, I am sure you will love it as much as I did!!

I received a ARC of this book for a honest review.
Carolyn
I WAS PROVIDED WITH AN ARC FROM THIS AUTHOR FOR MY HONEST REVIEW. THANK YOU VERY MUCH LJ SHEN!!!!

UN-FREAKING-BELIEVEABLE THAT AN AUTHOR RIGHT OUT OF THE GATE GETS SOMETHING SO RIGHT. I THOUGHT ONLY LORI FOSTER HELD THE CHAMPIONSHIP FOR WRITING ABOUT MMA FIGHTERS BUT MY GOD GIRL, L.J., YOU ARE DEFINITELY A CONTENDER! I CAN'T WAIT TO READ MORE BY YOU, I'M A FAN NOW... I ADMIT I'M NOT A FAN OF THIS BRUTAL SPORT, BUT THAT'S MY OPINION ONLY.
THIS IS A STAND ALONE BOOK BUT WILL BE A PART OF A TRILOGY A
Sabrina
Mar 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
L J Shen! I only have three words I want to say to you - BRAIN, HORMONES & HEART!
BRAIN knew the plot is close to its end with each turned page.
HORMONES did a hoolla dance throughout all of the Ty-Blaire scenes.
And HEART? It just stopped for a period of 10 minutes after "THE END" decided to just show up on the last page.
Blaire the underachiever had one journalism assignment that prevented her from graduating college. It would have been a piece of cake had Ty Wilder, MMA championship candida
Jamie
3.5 Stars

I really enjoyed L.J. Shen's debut novel.. being a huge MMA fan, I'm a sucker for an MMA romance. This was a story that drew me in from the beginning.... a story about a young woman just getting by in college, taking classes she really has no interest in and an up and coming star in the MMA world.

Blaire will be graduating college in a couple of months and just wants it all to be over. She's got friends.. she's cute and funny.. but she's taking classes here parents want her too and
Paige
Apr 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 "Barbie" Stars

Tyed was a unique and surprising debut MMA fighter romance and I loved it. While I know I'm a bit behind the curve when it comes to L.J. Shen since I read her second release before I dove into this, I can now lay claim to officially be an LJ Shen fan girl.

Blaire is a struggling college student and the average but snarky other half to her twin sister supermodel. With only a couple months until graduation, she has to pass her final journalism assignment so she can prove her to h
Advanced Copies f...: Review Request for a New Adult Romance 17 101 Oct 27, 2015 12:29PM
  • Black Diamond (Stark Springs Academy #1)
  • Finding Willow (Freedom, #0.5)
  • This Way to the Sugar
  • Recitatif/To Room Nineteen
  • No One Like You (Barefoot William Beach, #4)
  • Things Liars Say (#ThreeLittleLies, #1)
  • Stupid Love (Stupid in Love, #3)
  • Shipwrecked Summer
  • Caught (Heart On, #1)
  • Just a Little Flirt (Crush, #2)
  • Doomsday Love
  • Hardass (Bad Bitch, #2)
  • Happily Ever After: A Day in the Life of the HEA (Rook and Ronin, #3.5)
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
  • No Pants Required
  • Leave a Mark
  • Secret Life (RVHS Secrets #2)
  • Devious Minds (Devious Minds, #1)
L.J. Shen is USA Today and Washington Post bestselling author of contemporary romance books. She lives in California with her husband, son and lazy cat.
When she's not writing, she enjoys reading a good book with a glass of wine and catching up on her favorite HBO and Netflix shows.

Yeah, she's a badass like that.

Keep up with L.J. on all platforms:
Newsletter Sign up ➜ http://goo.gl/FwfMzr
Facebook➜
“What the hell is he, anyway? Latino? Asian? Mixed Caucasian? He looks like he’s been photoshopped by a bunch of horny teenagers.” 14 likes
“It looks like Brain and Hormones are in for a fight. Just as long as Heart stays out of the ring.” 10 likes