Start by marking “Starfire (2015-) #1” as Want to Read:
Starfire (2015-) #1

Starfire (2015-) #1

(Starfire (2015) (Single Issues) #1)

From the writers of the outrageous smash hit HARLEY QUINN comes former Outlaw Starfire in her all-new ongoing series! She’s an alien warrior princess trying to find peace on Earth, and she’ll fight anyone and anything to get it!
Published by DC Comics

To ask other readers questions about Starfire (2015-) #1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Starfire (2015-) #1

April
Jun 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
I've been burning with the desire of a thousand Tamaran suns for Koriand'r (Kori) to receive her own solo series. She's always been one of the few DC characters I think deserving of her own title, and who better to take on the task than the people responsible for giving Harley Quinn her own spotlight? I'm absolutely ecstatic to see how this series continues as the art is fabulously vibrant and striking throughout (I mean the tones of her skin? F-a-b-u-l-e-u-x ) but oh god how I detest this cove ...more
The Sapphic Nerd
Jun 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Starfire has the same magic and charm to her that Harley Quinn does. She has a purity of heart and naivety, with an uninhibited acceptance and expression of emotion, that you can't help but love her. And she's gosh darn gorgeous on top of that. Well, everyone looks good in this comic. The art is so pretty I want to stare at each panel, and those colours, ah!

Honestly, when I read the preview for Starfire in the back of another comic, I didn't care for it, but I wanted to give her a real chance be
Amber
Aug 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Spitefully, 4.5 stars.

Well, dangnabit, I had such high praise for the second issue that I'm a little put off with the nudity in this one. It's never totally horrendous (she takes a shower, dries off in the sun, kisses a dude for no reason I can gather, it's meh), but, I read the #2 first and it was filled entirely with Starfire being an alien, but not being the odd one out, and a Starfire that saved people and did cool things. I'll write it off as the fan-service to get it going and remind myse
BB
Oct 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
"She's an alien warrior trying to find peace.. and will fight anyone or anything to get it! Are you ready?"

Oh yes!
I remember when I was much much younger how I loved watching the Teen Titans on tv, my favorite character of course being Starfire, the adorably naive Tamaranian princess.
I am so glad she finally gets her own story!

The graphics are GORGEOUS! The colors are so beutiful ❤

photo Untitled2_zpsbekdvmsg.jpg

Starfire is Stunning, she has such a cute personality, being new on Earth she has an adorable curosity towards eve
I'mogén
Jun 18, 2015 rated it liked it
This was a fun insight into a brief backstory of Starfire and her new adventures, a part of the New 52 I believe. It was cool reading a comic just about her as I've only ever seen her a part of the Teen Titan, so have never seen her full development before, as an individual.
She has such a cute, naive character and some of the side characters were developed as much as you can expect from the first issue of a comic. The jokes in this, such as the Jamacian one, were pretty funny and played on the i
JB
Jun 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-dc-collection
I really liked this first issue! Starfire or Kori as she is called in this is really adorable and smoking hot too! It's a fun read. The colors fly off the page. A lot of blues, greens and oranges. I'm looking forward to see where this series will go.
R.C. Rejino
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.4 out of 5 stars.

I hadn't heard much about this series and, to be honest, I forgot it even really existed until recently. I picked up the first issue because I was curious to know more about Starfire aka Kori, especially considering the casting news we received in regards to Kori for the Titans show.

I know there has been a bit of controversy regarding this series because it was part of the DC You lineup, which came in between the New 52 reboot and the Rebirth reboot that attempted to fix every
Alicia Balliett
May 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
I do like Starfire even though I only gave this two stars. One reason I like her is because she has little to no knowledge of our world and I find it fun to see her react to certain things/situations. She is a very unselfish person and that Is why she wins me over.

I gave this two stars because I found the story to be blah. Feels like nothing really happen but this is the first in the story so I will continue. :)
Brandon
Jun 21, 2015 rated it liked it
I bought his book on the strength of the writing team of Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti or, to be more exact, The strength of their recent Harley Quinn run - one of my favorite books of the year. I wasn't sure what to expect despite the publicity surrounding this new series but I was hoping that some of the Harley Quinn magic would seep through to this very different run. Good news is that it does. The humor is still there and there seems to be a potentially strong supporting cast to help the ...more
Phil Bova
This new title from DC was both refreshing, and endearing. Starfire is so adorable in this debut title, and it's interesting to learn the ways of "human" elements, and becoming integrated into society. There were so many cute, and funny moments. Such a delightful character, one of which I hope DC keeps around for a while.
Malaysia
Nov 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, comic-graphic
At first I thought I wasn't going to like it but I decided to give it a try. I'm glad I did.
Nicole N. (A Myriad of Books)
Nov 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, girl-power
Honestly, I picked this up because I enjoyed watching Teen Titans when I was younger and Starfire was one of my favorite characters in the series so to read about her as an adult... I mean, of course!

Pros: Starfire is hilarious. She's so new to earth and just reading about her getting accustomed to the ways of regular human beings is just hilarious. Kissing people to learn their language? How interesting. I love how literal she is. She doesn't understand sarcasm or idioms which just makes her al
Sarah Fairbairn
Jun 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The first though I had when I finished this was “That was adorable. I want more.”

So Starfire aka Kori was a princes on her own planet, but was outlawed when some nasties took it over and entrapped her sister – I’m sure this will all come back to haunt Kori later in the series. For now Kori is struggling to fit in on earth, cue taking a shower naked out in the open and misunderstanding men’s meanings about giving her a place to stay for the night, but luckily she has the help of a cop named Stell
Jay
Jan 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: DC Comics Fans who like strong female characters
Shelves: dc-comics, superhero
Kori has decided to make a life for herself on earth, and after taking advice from friends, she decides to settle in Key West – just in time for a hurricane! Lots of cute, girl-appealling scenes and jokes (like the little pictogram thougth bubbles Kori has when trying to figure out a troublesome cliché or something) tied into a story that takes Starfire back to a place where she is very naïve and unfamiliar with the planet and culture. This would have made more sense right after the New 52 relau ...more
Sidekicks Wanted
Jun 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: emily, dc, paper-issue, cara
Emily: This was a recommendation from my comic book store. I owe Bill cookies, because this may be my favorite thing I picked up this week. Kori's fish out of water reactions are cute and fun (the little image bubbles are my favorite), but I really look forward to her being heroic during the next issue.

Cara: I also loved this. It was so fun, and Kori is such a great character. Her thought bubbles really make the story. Great first issue.
Camie
Since I watched the original Teen Titans in cartoon network when I was younger, Starfire was my favorite, and she is still my favorite super hero of all time.
She is sweet, innocent and cute yet powerful; and I think this comic made her justice
It's very introductory, she just landed in earth, she is kind of learning, adapting, etc.
I wish it could have been more but it was nice... gonna read the others as soon as I can.
Autumn
Jul 17, 2015 rated it liked it
I guess I had high expectations because I have been reading Teen Titans 3. I love the artist but everything seems.. too perfect and she's so gullible (which she is to a degree). I will buy the issues because they are so cheap but I will never get a TP.
Rochelle
Jul 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
It was cool to see Koriand'ar get accommodated to Earth. There were some funny moments. Let's just say the girl with the orange skin attracts attention.
RoseAdagio
Starfire is super cute & adorable. ♥ Can't wait to see where this series goes. :))
Dalia
Aug 21, 2015 rated it it was ok
No me gusto y probablemente no siga leyendolo. sexualiza mucho al personaje lo cual se me hace demasiado ilógico. aunque puede que lea el segundo.
Oliver
Jun 14, 2015 rated it it was ok
Schön gezeichnet, für mich aber zu Teenie-girliehaft.
Felicia
Jul 21, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics
I wanted to like this so badly :/
Holly Letson
If she didn't ask so straight-up stupid, this would have been a lot more enjoyable.
Kelly Brown
Jul 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fun book and it's so pretty. Enjoyed it a lot.
Zachary Isaac Tilley
Nov 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
FINALLY

Starfire has always Rocked and am loving her series so far!!!! Can't wait to see where this will head! LoVe
Amanda
Jun 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, dc-epicness
This really made me smile, I enjoyed it!
Kathryn
Oct 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
Love the new costume!
Ash Waiwaiole
Jun 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
You can't help but love Starfire. Very fun to read!
Danica
Sep 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, 2015
maybe more of a 4.5?

i really enjoyed this and probably would've given this 5 stars but idk, kori in the shower was unnecessary and just didn't sit well with me
john
Aug 15, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Amanda Conner started out in comics working small projects for Marvel and Archie while working as an illustrator for New York ad agencies Kornhauser and Calene and Kidvertisers. working a number of launches and campaigns such as Arm & Hammer, PlaySchool and Nickelodeon.

However, loving comic books and cartooning the most, Amanda found herself working for Marvel on their Barbie line (much of Ama

Starfire (2015) (Single Issues) (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Starfire (2015-) #2