Start by marking “The Arrangement (The Russian Guns, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Arrangement (The Russian Guns, #1)

The Arrangement

(The Russian Guns #1)

Nothing will stop the Bratva mob boss from taking back what’s his, and once he has her, he’ll do anything to keep her…

Viviana “Vine” Carducci’s and Anton Avdonin’s marriage was decided more than two decades ago. The deal between leading mafia families has more on the line than anyone knew, even if the Bratva and Cosa Nostra shouldn’t mix. When Vine’s family is murdered and
Published June 16th 2015 by Amazon Encore (first published March 17th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Arrangement, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Arrangement

MischaS_
2018 read!

You may ask me why I keep reading mafia books when I mostly disappointed by them. The fact is that ever since reading the Ruthless People series, I keep looking for something similar.

I want the characters to be mean, evil and enjoy what they are doing! Because when I'm reading about criminals, I do not want a sap story full of excuses. I want evil people, doing evil things without excuses.

And where I sort of liked this book, it did not feel like a mafia book. It was strangely sweet.
ღTierraღ
Viviana "Vine" Carducci

Anton Avdonin

Perfect kick-off to an exciting series that centers itself around two people who were arranged to be married when they were toddlers. Vine is a Don's daughter and Anton is the son of a Bratva boss. I enjoyed Vine's no-bullshit attitude towards people around her, and her strong personality which demanded respect from the get-go. Anton I respected very much because his ability throughout the book to stay true to his word, and made it his top priority to ensure h
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
I got 75% before I said fuck it; this counts as reading the whole thing to me.

Another mafia book that feels YA. Maybe it's because the characters are 25 and 23, maybe it's because they're ridiculously immature and suck at life.

Vine, or Viviana, is the daughter of the dead Italian mob boss and was promised in marriage to the son of the Russian mob boss, Anton. She thought the deal died with her dad and went off to college. Anton still wants that deal, so he kidnaps her and has her brought to hi
MelissaB
The Arrangement was one of the better mob romances I have read. The author does a good job of getting you to like the hero despite the bad things he may do as a part of being a mob boss. The two leads had good chemistry and fit together well in their world. If you like mob romances, this one is worth checking out. I had a fun time reading this book. I am wondering if there will be another book featuring the couple, it's not necessary since there was an HEA but I wouldn't mind a short story epilo ...more
Bev
Just Wow!

I freaking loved this so hard, both Anton and Vine are amazing characters. It's been a long time (if ever) that I've read a book where the main characters ages put them in the NA category yet not once did it feel NA. Anything but.

This was one hell of a read.

Full review to come once books 2 and 3 are finished.
Snow
Apr 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4,5 "everlasting love" stars

My BR with Mafluts Irish, Shan and Suz and D ended up without Suz LOL she'll be reading it a bit later (Suz, you better!!!) :D

Hmmm...I first met with Bethany-Kris 's(the author) work when I did my first group BR (that's actually when Mafluts first started with their mobsta adoration) with her Filthy Marcellos: Lucian...and from then on I was hooked with Marcellos as well as her writting style...

And now we are back...with The Arrangement...Anton and Viviana's story...t
Dina
Mar 31, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Dina by: MelissaB
3 1/2 stars (rounded down to 3 stars, because I was never okay with Anton and Vine's lifestyle - I know murderers, drug dealers and arms trafficking bosses can, and do, fall in love like any "ordinary" people, but don't expect me to care for them)
Deborah
Nov 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing

The Bratva Prince, Anton Avdonin and the Cosa Nostra Princess, Viviana Carducci are to marry, the decision is made when they're aged four and two respectively.
They meet again fourteen years later and this is when the troubled Prince falls in love with his Princess and this meeting changes his life and makes him the man he becomes.
When sixteen year old Viviana or Vine as she's know sneaks into Anton's bed and gives him her virginity he tells her:
"Giving this to me makes you mine, Vine. I don’t c
Mada Linx
DNF 28%
No rating.

I’ve wanted to read this book for so long and you can imagine my disappointment, and how fast I lost interest in it. I’m surprised I managed to go this far.

I find both MC’s lacking and didn’t stir any feelings from me. It’s very hard to like a book when you don’t feel any connection to the MC’s.
I was expecting more, I guess.

Maybe is me and is not what I need at the moment, but I know for sure that I will stop here now. It doesn’t do the trick for me.
Denise
3.5 You Muddle Me Up Stars

Vine “Viviana” Carducci is trying to escape a past that haunts her no matter how hard she tries to forget. The constant looking over her shoulders has become easier with the help of her uncle, Sonny. Until the past comes to save her from the ruthless lies that comes from being part of the mafia family. To her surprise sometimes the path that had once been arranged will be your saving grace.

This couldn’t be any truer. Ms. Kris did exactly that in her introduction series
Michelle
At 25% nothing more exciting happens. I'm super bored!! I had to skim and see what the secret was around 65%. Still super bored after its revealed. It's a DNF for me:((
Becca - Wicked Quests of a BookNinja
5 Stunning Stars!

“Don’t act like some quiet mouse, Viviana. Don’t stand at my side with your head tucked down in those pretty dresses I buy you. Don’t be the weak little mafia princess your momma said you’d have to be. That’s not what I want—not what I need. Stand straight, meet their stare, and be my fucking queen. You’re the only one at my side because you can be—because you’re worthy and beautiful and mine. Do you understand me?”

I don't why I've been wa
Trigger Happy
DNF 48 % I so don`t care ....

The Arrangement gives an interesting look on the arranged marriage.

The H/h have actual feelings toward each other. They fell in love when they were teenagers and deep down they both stayed faithful and didn`t let anybody else in their hearts. I am saying hearts because after that they get separated for nearly ten years.

I liked the start of the book and then the heroine agrees to marry her lovely Russian. From there on the story loses somehow it`s intensity, we see
Corina
Apr 17, 2017 rated it liked it
It's always a risk to read more books of the same topic in a row. The need to compare these is there. When I started with The Arrangement, I'd just finished "Kiss me" from L.P. Lovell, which was a 5 star mafia read for me with a kickass heroine.
Going into this book I had huge expectations, which was the problem.
While I knew I couldn't compare both books, I still did.
Sue me!
And so Vine was loosing as a h for me. I know the mafia wanted their women and kids to stand in the back and don't ask qu
Maria11
May 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
A good read. I would have given it 5 stars but some things just rubbed me as unrealistic. Vine seemed to get over the major things that happened in the book without a blink of an eye. Her family was murdered, her future husband never came for her, she gets kidnapped, and she gets told she is getting married. She just gives into it all and says ok. Then when the big reveal is revealed she doesn't even really blink an eye. She doesn't even really get mad at Anton for keeping it from her. Vine give ...more
Keya
Aug 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This. This, I loved. This was ridiculously good. I was so into this story and everything about it. The pace of the story was great and it kept me intrigued throughout.

Anton was hiding something and I was so eager to figure out what it was and when I did find out I was a little taken a back. The whole Mafia action was intense! And Vine's uncle is a huge asshole!!!

Putting that aside... I would just like to profess my love for one thing: Anton and Vine's relationship. It was so pure in the sense t
Alia Ros
Mar 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
WHAT! Omg it just ended like that? Whyyy

“And I hope he makes you live.
After all, this is just the beginning …
Nicoli”

Im crying omg why is this over so soon? Want mooooooore

But this story was really great, it made me feel all kind of emotions, i was really sucked into this book, there were a few fillers but other than that everything was awesome
Sabrina
Dec 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mob, panty-dropping
Review to come <3!!!
Cal (Constant Raving Reviews)
4.5 stars!

This was so fluffy and pretty much not Mafia related (besides vague family ordeals). I recommend this to anybody who’s on the fence about mafia romance novels.

I love how fast paced this was. I love that the couple have known each other since birth. I love that they had fallen in love when they were teens, and also a decade later.

I especially loved how the broken hearted heroine dealt with her angst. I thought for sure that she’d be like all other romance leads, and run away. Get as fa
❀ Crystal ✿ -
Copy Provided by Author for Honest Review
★★★✩3.5 Mobster Lovin’ Stars

I have mixed feelings about this book. I think I was expecting something different or at least different in the main characters. Where I assumed this was a mob-romance (and it is) the more hardcore elements and stereotypical elements were missing. Sure there are scenes of violence and murder but to me it fell a bit flat. Not to say the story was bad, just not what I was expecting.

The main characters were a bit of an annoyance
Samantha
Aug 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow! A 4.5 Read! Anton and Vine's story was so good. I didn't even expect this to be so good but once I started, I couldn't stop. The story flowed and there was an equal amount of romance, suspense and action. I have to pick up the next book!
Valentina "TinchyB"
Oct 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
You know that I'm such a mobster junkie so I really don't know why I haven't read this series sooner.
This was solid read.
Lady E
Jul 15, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 The mob and romance aren't two concepts I would put together but the author makes it work. Family secrets, revenge, and the merging of two "old souls" are a good start to this series.
Natalie
3.5/4 stars
Kay (❦ ᴗ ❦ ✿) BooksandMe

“And just how should a woman smell?”

“Beautiful. Delicate. Soft, like their skin. Silky, like their hair. Sexy.”

What happens when a Bratva and a Cosa Nostra famiglia mesh and made an arrangement? This happened. I can say I am a maflut and I’ve never thought of this as an actual possibility. The killings they could do and the blood they could spill.

Anton Avdonin and Vivianna Carducci is a power couple.

Anton is a typical Vor. He has rage, he hate and love and there is no in-between. The intensi
Mspraise50
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This author is one of my favourite mafia authors. She really can tell a mafia love story. I have had this series for a while and have not read it, I am not sure what took me so long.

I loved Vine and Anton's love story. Both grew up in mafia families, Vine Italian and Anton Russian. A match was made between the families the difference here is that the couple actually fell in love with each other.

I love how Anton loves Vine and puts her welfare above all else. However, he has a secret that he is k
Judy
First book for me by this author. I enjoyed the romance between Anton and Vine. Anton is your dark, anti-hero who is a Russian mafia boss who has no issues with murder or other criminal activities. But hey, it is the mafia after all. The deep love he has for Vine is written so well, you feel it in your heart. I highly recommend this one and will be reading more from this author.
Tina Manuel
Jun 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
2.5*
Winter Sophia Rose
Aug 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Captivating, Intense & Sexy! I Loved This Read!
BR/CHAT - Mafluts (Irish, Shan, Snow) with Suz and D 31 9 Aug 06, 2015 04:34AM

• Nix. (Den of Mercenaries #3)
  • Explicit Memory (Explicit, #3)
  • Nikolai, Volume 2 (Her Russian Protector, #6)
  • Ricardo (The Santini Brothers, #1)
  • Dmitry's Closet (The Medlov Crime Family, #1)
  • Songbird  (Zeta Cartel, #2)
  • Ultimate Vengeance (Wanted Men, #4)
  • Awakening the Mobster (Mobster, #2)
  • The Prince's Runaway Lover (Men of the Zodiac, #7)
  • Racing Outside the Line (A Love Story at 190 mph #1)
  • For Luca (Chicago Syndicate, #2)
  • The Order (Saletti Blood, #1)
  • Revenge (Blood and Honor, #1)
  • Sweet Seduction Surrender (Sweet Seduction, #4)
  • Wild Heart (Wild Heart, #1)
  • The Beautiful People (The New Mafia Trilogy, #1)
  • Blood Legacy (Blood Legacy, #1)
  • Otherwise Unharmed (Evan Arden, #3)
Bethany-Kris is a Canadian author, lover of much, and mother to four young sons, one cat, and three dogs. A small town in Eastern Canada where she was born and raised is where she has always called home. With her boys under her feet, snuggling cat, barking dogs, and a hubby calling over his shoulder, she is nearly always writing something ... when she can find the time.

To keep up-to-date with new

The Russian Guns (5 books)
  • The Life (The Russian Guns, #2)
  • The Score (The Russian Guns, #3)
  • Demyan & Ana (The Russian Guns, #4)
  • Shattered (The Russian Guns, #5)
“Giving this to me makes you mine, Vine. I don’t care about who comes after, or the in-betweens. Not when we both know I’m going to be your last.” 5 likes