Start by marking “Hope's Deceit (The Fated #2)” as Want to Read:
Hope's Deceit (The Fated #2)

Hope's Deceit

(The Fated #2)

In the end, light may not be enough to outshine the darkness.

After Melia’s near fatal attack, the connection binding Trinity and Blain shifts, allowing a dark force to wedge them apart. Her only hope for the life she craves is stopping Melia and her gang of Rogues.

Too bad life never plays fair. As Trinity’s eighteenth birthday draws near, new abilities manif
Published by Untold Press, LLC (first published November 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Hope's Deceit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hope's Deceit

Start your review of Hope's Deceit (The Fated #2)
Sunniva Dee
Oct 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Angela McPherson sure knows how to spell out action!
 photo giphy_zpsbwrswvcu.gif

For anyone in love with YA paranormal, this book is straight out Heaven on Earth. The plot is creative as heck, and I found myself picturing the scenes so vividly I was holding my breath a few times!
And Blain. Oh Blain. Boy, are you a hottie! Without giving anything away, let me just say your hardcore wicked streak in t
Laura Thalassa
Jun 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book picks right back up where the last one left off, and holy crapola, the reader is thrown for a ride! Almost immediately the action begins!

I hate rehashing the story and spoiling it for those of you who haven't read it, so I'll just tell you what I loved! First and foremost, Trinity felt like an even stronger character here--she might still have some self-doubts, but overall I felt she could kick butt and take names like it was nobody's business.

Certain questions I had inthe first book
Talk Books To Me
Oct 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
There are three words that are the best way to describe my life for the past couple of weeks...Total. Book. Funk. Everything I try ends up being set aside since nothing, I mean NOTHING has grabbed me and it was truly starting to piss me off. Then I receive an advanced copy of Hope's Deceit, and by page 40, the clouds parted and the angels sang...(I may be a touch dramatic) I was IN this book!

Hope's Deceit picks up where we left off in Hope's Decree. Trinity and her guardian boy Blain
Neilliza Swaffar
Nov 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
**ARC provided by author, in return for an honest review.**

photo cooltext148153252340044.png

HOPE DECEIT is addicting and full of action, with a bit of love. It’s the fight of Blain and Trinity for their lives and everyone they love. Most of all, it’s the fight for them to be free and finally be together. Trinity and Blain are beautiful together, when they weren’t together I felt lost and hoping their time apart was only
Angela
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Stars

“Little by little, normal slipped farther away.”

"Remember, fear keeps you from being who you truly are. Embrace your fate."

Hopes Deceit is the second book in The Fated series by Angela McPherson. This is a spellbinding fantasy, with paranormal elements, Greek Mythology, a Curse, Immortals, Light and dark, good vs evil, mystery, drama, destiny, action, adventure, suspense, danger, intrigue, magic, and some romance. This incredible story is woven around t
Kat DM
Nov 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
 photo 29c54a3861bc37431347b2fc04d3014a_zpsixa0p0zm.png
*Copy provided by the author in exchanged for an honest review*

Hope’s Deceit is book two of The Fated series. You will need to read Hope’s Decree before reading this book. It’s a paranormal romance that has grown on me. Packed with action and suspense as well.
 photo HopesDeceitTsr1_zpsxaipvuaf.jpg

photo HopesDeceitTsr2_zpsv5rinbgg.jpg

photo HopesDeceitTsr3_zpsotyqd4xy.jpg

Blain and Trinity as a couple, sounds like asking for trouble. Falling in love with your guardian is a lot to handle alone… how about being THE ONE to save everyone, to keep them safe? Trinity is feeling quite overwhelmed and her powers out of control atreview*
Hope’s
Heather Fleet
Dear Angela,

Why must you kill me so with your endings??

Signed,

A very frustrated reader. (aka me)

Note: I finished this book several days ago. It's just taken me a bit to form coherant thoughts as to what I wanted to say....

I feel like I've waited an eternity and a day for more Morpheus. (And Blain and Trinity too) But alas, it was more than worth the wait. I adored HD2. Definitely didn't expect some I'd the twists, but really, I'm not surprised eit
Rachel Brune
Oct 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
It's always hard coming into a series when you haven't read the first book, but Hope's Deceit sucks you in and takes you for a ride without letting up for a minute. Our main character, Trinity, is still learning how to fight the darkness that's coming after her -- and that may seduce her guardian-slash-guy she is falling in love with. We're left on a bit of a cliffhanger, so be prepared to be impatient for the next book. :)

Definitely a recommend for fans of paranormal YA. Now to go b
Jenni Buchert
Jun 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this second book of the Fated series. Trinity's life turns into an even bigger mess as her 18th birthday approaches. Will light beat dark? My love for Blain grows as this series continues and I hope it all ends with a bang, but one that rights the wrongs! What an amazing addition to this series and I can't wait to see how it all ends in the final 3 rd book.
Abbey
Jul 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Holy F'ING Hell!!
This books just wow!

I freaking loved it, it's even better than book 1 which is one of my favourite books of all time.. Which is rare in a second book!!

Just seriously go buy it ;)
Sara Oxton
Dec 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hope’s Deceit by Angela McPherson a four-star read that will give you hope. This is the second novel in the Fated series and I would recommend that you read them in order as this one picks up after the first one Hope’s Decree. This was just as thrilling and fast paced as the first and leaves me with much anticipation of the third, I really can’t wait. We get to see more about the prophecy and the twists and turns that I have come to expect from this author, the good thing is that even thought th ...more
Lillian
I received an eARC of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of this review.

Hope's Deceit by Angela McPherson picks up the morning after the events of Hope's Decree. Please note that if you have not read book one of this series, there are minor unavoidable spoilers in this review. Trinity has just been rescued by Blain and Morpheus from being tortured by Melia. Feeling betrayed by one of their own, the Watchers pou
Hetal
Recieved and ARC in exchange for an honest review.
-----

Okay, took a while to actually get this review out, because I started a adulting (aka got a job)- Hooray!! Which means I have less time to read and review - boo!!! But, here it is:

The second book, imo, was better than the first. We pick up with our lovely characters trying to take down all that is evil and bloodthirsty for power. With that being said, Blaine still had this wishy washy need to overprotect our main girl, but Morp
Alice Taylor
Mar 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Hope’s Deceit is the second book in The Fated series of books. I would start by saying if you have not read Hope’s Decree go do so and then come back to read this book. Warning if you have not read Hope’s Decree this review could have spoilers. This book is a continuation of the story of Trinity Whitebone. At the end of Hope’s Decree Morpheus and Blain helped to recuse Trinity from evil Melia but she had gotten away so they knew it was not over, just delayed. This book takes up where the other ...more
Lynn Vroman
Jun 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Hope's Deceit picks up where Hope's Decree left off, and let me tell you, this book is amazing! Trinity has really grown into a strong, compassionate person, who is completely badass! There is so much action in this book and so many surprises, I could hardly set the book down. I NEEDED to find out what happened next!

Blain is as gorgeous as ever, but due to his fight with Melia at the end of Hope's Decree, he has his own struggles to deal with outside of Trinity's. I felt so strongly for him! ...more
Grim Lolita
This is book 2 and while I still like the original take on the Pandora Box legend, there is just something missing that is making me like this story and main characters. I'm just not invested enough in Blain and Trinity to want to see what happens in book 3.
Caroline Abernethy
Loved this

What a great imagination this writer has. I really enjoyed this story and can not wait for the third book. Well written with good editing and part of Kindle Unlimited.
Nicole
Sep 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love this series. I am saddened by the ending but totally saw it coming - unfortunately! Really looking forward to book 3!!!!
Paula Genereau
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is awesome. It's Trinity and Blaines continuance. I love it. I couldn't put it down
E.A.
Hope's Deceit (The Fated #2) by Angela McPherson was a great addition to this unique original series.

The second book in The Fates series, we're tossed back into this intriguing world and it's growing danger. Just so you know, this is a continuation series, so I highly suggest reading the first book, as this one pretty much picks up were the last leaves off. So you will be confused, and you will miss important plots points and character development.

First things first. I had some mixed feels abo
Laura Furuta
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hope's Deceit (The Fated Book 2)
By: Angela McPherson
5 out of 5 stars

The story Hope's Deceit (The Fated Book 2) by Angela McPherson is a YA/fantasy/romance book. It is a story that I was looking forward to reading since I finished the first book. I found myself not wanting to put it down until I had finished the last page. This story has Trinity’s 18th birthday drawing near. The danger from Mella and her Rogues is of constant concern and she must keep up her training. In t
Liz
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hope’s Deceit is the second book in The Fated series from Angela McPherson, and like I said with my review of the first book, Hope’s Decree, paranormal romance is McPherson’s strong suit. Angela McPherson can build a world with her words that makes you feel as if you are taken away in a dream to this place that you never want to leave. I wanted to explore it so much as I almost felt as if I could feel the air, smell the smells, and experience all the senses at heightened levels.

With that said w
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great read about expectations.
After the events of the previous novel, Trinity has to prove to the Watchers that she can fulfil her destiny while worrying if Blain will succumb to the darkness. At the same time Melia sends armies of Rogues to attack Trinity and her friends. Can she fulfil her destiny and restore the balance?
A great read. Well developed plot with twists and turns. A great example of building upon a sequel with new developed characters like Anna as bold and brave but
Michelle Austin
Hope's Deceit was a great 5 star read and book two in the Fated series.

We pick up shortly after the end of Hope’s Decree. After the betrayal the watchers are starting to make plans. Blain helps Trinity find her calmness and them as a couple it felt right, they seemed to work much better together.

Lesson number one: Don’t assume things, even if that assuming involved my beautiful Watcher boyfriend. Lesson number two: Never rely on what seemed to be correct.

Trinity has stepped up and
Chantelle Smith
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hope’s Deceit is Book 2 in the Fated Series by Angela McPherson. For the ultimate experience, I recommend that you read book 1 first to give yourself the best understanding of the characters and the plot.

This book continues straight after the events that ended book 2. The action starts straight away and doesn’t let up until the end! This book continues to suck you into this world, that the author has created, she has once again made this a mentally visual read throughout.
I got so ca
Erin
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I give Hope's Deceit (The Fated Book 2) by Angela McPherson, 5 states.
*This review may contain spoilers from book one.*

Now that Trinity knows what she is and who the enemy is, she is on a mission. She must get stronger in order to defeat Melia and the Rogues. But her relationship with Blain seems to be changing. She can no longer feel him like she used to. He also disappears and leaves her alone. But she needs him to defeat the evil beings, doesn't she? Can she protect those sh
Jessica Belmont
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hope's Deceit picks up right where Hope's Decree left off, and answers some of the questions that were presented in the first novel. Like the first novel, this one is fast paced, and intriguing.

I enjoyed Trinity's character more this time around. She is still young, but there has been growth and maturity that wasn't present in the first novel. I always love when characters grow, even if it's from one book to another.

Similar to the first book, the plot is really well done
Jenni Bishop
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hope's Deceit (The Fated Book 2) by Angela McPherson starts right where the first leaves off and boy oh boy what a ride. Angela’s writing and her creativity has given us a creative twist of the aftermath of Pandora’s box in modern time. The danger and action and thrills and spills start from the very start and doesn’t end. As with the first book, I was unable to put it down and read it in one sitting. Angela has the knack to convey a story that you can picture in your mind, keeps you engrossed a ...more
Tracy Wilkin
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hope's Deceit is book two in the Fated series by Angela McPherson. Trinity and Blain and company are back with more fighting, drama action, thrills and spills. In this ever exciting instalment, they continue to fight evil and find hope for a better, safer world.

There was a lot of back and forth, back and forth in this story. But these characters are so young, I forgot how riddled with drama young adult life really can be. It is no different for the supernatural. Young love is young love ,in any
Anna Hirsch
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hope’s Deceit by Angela McPherson
5 Stars

Another fantastic book in this series. This one picks up where Hope’s Decree finishes. The author holds back no punches with this story. It is action filled from beginning to end. We meet a slew of new watchers who add an interesting dynamic to the story. There are some exciting surprises involving Trinity’s father and her friends. There are gripping twists and turns that will keep you on the edge of your seat. The author starting building th
Shut Up & Read: {Read It & Reap 598} Hope's Deceit by Angela McPherson 3 16 Jul 14, 2016 08:18PM
Born and currently residing in Texas, Angela works as a nurse during the day and an author by night. She's addicted to cleaning, coffee, and fuzzy socks. When not spending time with her husband and their three children, working or writing, she's reading a good book or listening to music.

Connect with Angela:
Newsletter: https://app.mailerlite.com/webforms/l...

Instagram: @angela.mcpherson

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AngelaMcPher...

Pinterest:

The Fated (3 books)
  • Hope's Decree (The Fated #1)
  • Hope's Defeat (The Fated #3)
“Together, we will be unstoppable.” 2 likes
“My brain had a difficult time processing what Dad being unfrozen meant.” 1 likes