Start by marking “A Reaper Made” as Want to Read:
A Reaper Made

A Reaper Made

Librarian's note: Alternate cover edition of ASIN B00O5CFOY6.

Grace had finally gotten used to her new afterlife as a “Made” – a Reaper who used to be human. When Made Reapers and souls begin disappearing, however, Grace and her mentor Tully suspect demons. Grace’s worst fears are confirmed when her living family is threatened.

She’ll have to break every rule in the Reaper
Published June 2015 by Amazon Digital Services, Inc. (first published October 30th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about A Reaper Made, please sign up.
Liz Hi Eleni - as of right now, A Reaper Made is a stand alone title. I won't rule out another book in the future, but nothing's on the table right now :)

Start your review of A Reaper Made
Dianne
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya-paranormal, own
Reapers, the dark and foreboding figures who take our souls into the afterlife, or so we have been taught. Meet Grace, a “made” reaper, meaning she was once human and called into service to escort souls to their future. Liz Long is at her best with A REAPER MADE and Grace is a character that will have you laughing one minute, shouting her glory the next and craving more when you reach that final page!

Grace’s new existence is filled with her mentor, Tully, a little bit of a strange duck with a he
Christina
Oct 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was SUCH a great adventure! I simply LOVED this story. It was so much fun and so engaging and so touching all at one time! This is actually the VERY first book I've ever ready by Liz, and it was as a beta-reader for this book! And wow, if I didn't love Liz before, I would definitely love her now.

There are so many great things about this book, but first of all this is my first book that I've read that focuses on reapers and ascension. The world that was created was so intricate. We learn abo
BookLoversLife
This was such an entertaining read.

Grace is a "made" reaper. She was given the option because she dies early. She hasn't been a Reaper long and still has living family and remembers life before. At the moment her life seems to revolve around helping old people move, that is until "made" reapers seem to be disappearing along with some of the souls they are supposed to help on. Graces' mentor and maker Tully, seems to suspect Demons, but if that's right then how are they going to find it and kill
Diane Lynch
A Reaper Made by Liz Long Made Reaper, Grace Reynolds, investigates the disappearance of souls and other made reapers, breaking the rules along the way.

A Reaper made is an original and creative story.

I like that Grace is determined to investigate the disappearances and not just ignore what is going on. She gives Tully the option to walk away and is willing to take the consequences for breaking the rules for the greater good.

I felt bad that Grace had such a short life. It is unfortunate that s
Katrina Marie
Review

A Reaper Made is a unique twist on reapers, and was full of great characters.

I loved Grace.  She's sassy, sarcastic, and doesn't mind breaking a few rules.  Tully and Tessa are great friends to Grace.  They have her back threw thick and thin regardless of the consequences.

I enjoyed the unpredictability of this book.  It's not something that happens often with me.  I think my favorite aspect is while there is some romance, it's not the main focus.  We also see Grace grow a lot from begin
Katy Haye
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Reaper Made is a fabulous, contemporary take on the reaper myth/trope. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting reaper Ally, witch Tessa and Ally’s reaper mentor Tully (and I could definitely stand to spend more time in angel Rhys’s company!). The story was excellent, romping along with lots of twists and turns and some really touching emotional moments. In fact, I enjoyed it so much the revelation of the baddie actually took me by surprise – and that doesn’t happen often!

Highly recommended if you like st
Diane Lynch
Jun 10, 2015 rated it liked it
3 1/2 of 5 Stars

A Reaper made is an original and creative story.

I felt bad that Grace had such a short life. It is unfortunate that she died by t
Carrie (Book Fairy) Fort
Favorite Lines “Sometimes I wondered what would’ve been, but when I got that warmth in my chest from helping a soul move on, I knew I’d made the right choice.”

“Tully, was I supposed to die?”

“‘A Reaper Made by Death.’ He means a Reaper like you.”

“We are chaos without our rules, child.”

What a fabulously different paranormal book!
When I read blurb for this book I was very curious and I'm happy to say I was NOT disappointed!
Someone is kidnapping reapers. Souls are unable to move on. Grace and her me
Gabby (What's Beyond Forks?)

Full Review at: What's Beyond Forks?

A Reaper Made by Liz Long has a lot to offer the reader. There were reapers, of course, and angels, demons, and witches. Plus you had a lot of supernatural action with a touch of romance. I'm not sure if this is will turn into a series, but there are some definite possibilities for more. Although the story didn't leave any unfinished business per say, Grace definitely has more stories to tell.

A Reaper Made by Liz Long was kindly provided to me by the author fo
Bobbi
Jun 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The world needs a balance of good and evil to keep things in check and when the scale is tipped off balance Grace, Tully, and Tessa make for one heck of a team working together to make things balanced once again. They all end up finding their own personal happily ever after at some point throughout this book. Even an angel makes an appearance when things get rough. Liz Long really pulled me into this story and I can't wait to read more from her.

I received this book for an honest review.
Joyce Vance
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Once I started reading "A Reaper Made" I couldn't stop, I read the book from start to finish in one night. The story just grabbed me & wouldn't let go. I had no expectations when starting the book because the is the first Liz Long book I've ever read, but I plan to read many more. She has a somewhat unique take on many stereotypical characters in the supernatural world. It's nice to see things from a different perspective. This book was definitely worth losing sleep. I just wish that it had been ...more
Stacy
Oct 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. I rate it 4 stars. It kind of reminded me of the Supernatural tv series world. I enjoy that show so this was a fun read!
Alex Latham
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Book 17 complete.
Mike Lewis
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great stand along novel, I wish it was a series
Liz at Fictional Candy
This is the third book I've read from Liz Long. If you are looking for a terrific Urban Fantasy story, then you should check her out. I've read about a supernatural circus, a serial killer after witches, and now with A Reaper Made, I meet her reapers. I don't know about you, but I love a good reaper story, and A Reaper Made certainly delivers.

Grace is our reaper heroine. She died at a young age, and was offered a chance to continue helping others as she did in life. She proves herself to be a th
Autumn
Jan 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
I actually won this book in a giveaway. This is a new author for me so I was like I could give her work a try.

With A Reaper Made we are thrown into the world of Grace who is a reaper. Now I love the whole reaper thing. Being able to take souls when they are ready and helping them move on is a gig I would want if I died. Yes I am sure it would get boring and be sad sometimes but it would be something that I think I could do. But anyway on to the review.

Grace is a young woman who died early. Inste
Books Laid Bare
Jun 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I do not read this genre of novel as a matter of course but I have to say that once I realised what I was reading, I was very pleasantly surprised. I enjoyed it – Am I a convert? well maybe, maybe not but what I will not dispute is the authors talent. The story is beautifully written
Grace, dies when she was very young and has become a Reaper. Now, I got my head around this concept pretty quickly and to be honest I actually quite liked the idea.
I like Grace, I liked the fact that she was just so
Kayla
Apr 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
First of all, I just want to say thank you to Liz Long for giving me this book to read in exchange for an honest review. No compensation was given, offered, or taken to alter the opinion.

I have read a lot of paranormal books, from vampires to werewolves to witches and even trolls, but I have never read one all about reapers. I really liked the concept of this book. This was such an entertaining read. There are the original reapers and then there are reapers that the original reapers created, ak
Shirley
Oct 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received A Reaper Made in exchange for a fair and honest review.

Grace was not only a ‘Made’ Reaper, but a fairly new one. She was still still learning and trying hard to keep her mentor happy. Tully played strictly by the rules, no exceptions. When the only way to find out what was really happening and to ultimately stop it was to break one of the biggest rules… well, that’s when things got interesting.

I really liked Grace. She was strong, loyal and she loved fiercely. Tessa was fun and the
Paranormal Tendencies
Grace is a reaper. She was a nurse in life and when she died and was given the option to continue helping souls cross over and she accepted. Now she spends her days in a nursing home gently easing the recently departed to their final destination. She likes it. But when reapers start disappearing she and her mentor Tully must team up with a witch friend to find out who is taking the reapers and why. It could be dangerous and they have been told to stay out of it, but Grace was never one to shy aw ...more
Zili
May 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars in my Sky!

I love paranormal books and really appreciate Liz Long's unique take on reapers, magic and ghosts. Grace is a reaper or a 'made' aka a reaper who used to be a human. Reaper's have the job of escorting souls into the afterlife. They have a stringent set of rules to follow. Having not been a reaper for long, Grace still has her human emotions and family ties. It's the up to her reaper mentor Tully and her witch bestie Tessa, to assist her and keep her under control.

I liked Gra
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
Marie's Tempting Reads ARC Review:

This isn't the type of book I usually read, yet surprisingly enough I did like it. There is a lot of suspense, action, danger, and all sorts of paranormal activity going on in A Reaper Made that was both exhilarating and exciting.

Grace is a really great character: strong, passionate, and totally kick-ass. When she becomes a Reaper, she does everything she can to save kidnapped souls and to do whats right. I really did like it. It didn't have much romance in it,
Kathy Osborn
Sep 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a nice paranormal story about Reapers, Souls, witches and Angels.

Grace died in a car accident and becomes a reaper under Tully (her mentor), she has been a reaper for 3 yrs now and still has a lot of human emotions. The reapers are disappearing, Grace, Tully and Tessa (witch) set out to find out what is going on.

Grace must become human with the help of Tess spells to protect her sister. There is a lot of twists and turns within this book to keep you reading to the end.

Can they stop th
Annie
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
** I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review **

This was a great listen from start to finish, leaving me wanting more, more, more!!!!! lol

Grace was killed by a drunk driver at a very young age...she was just a teenager still and because of this she was made a reaper...She has been helping souls cross over at a retirement home for quite some time..and kind of likes it! Well reapers are coming up missing...so her, her mentor Tully and a witch friend Tessa start looking i
Elizabeth Connor
Jul 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book was pretty good. It was easy to read, easy to follow the plot, the characters were likable, and there were no glaring errors in grammar or typos. All in all, it was an enjoyable read, but it's not the sort of book that will cause me to contemplate it's long-term universal meaning.

I have one complaint, and I don't think this is truly a spoiler (but it might be). Grace tells Matt she has to leave to take care of her mother, but she doesn't tell Ally the same story so when Matt asks Ally
Jackie -Sated Faery
A very unique look into the afterlife! A Reaper Made is a human who becomes a reaper after they die, which takes some getting used to. Grace is just starting to accept her role when things go haywire and force her to break the rules to save her living family. Grace is a bit of a rebel, which makes me like her from the beginning. Plus her best friend is a witch who also seems to enjoy living on the edge a little. There are some other very fascinating characters they work with along the way. I hop ...more
Bryna Butler
Dec 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fast, fun read told from Grace's perspective. She is an extremely likeable character, always with a witty comment, who died before her time and was given the chance to be made a reaper. When reapers start disappearing, she's thrust into the center of a mystery.

I like books with strong heroines. Grace and her witch friend, Tessa, are perfect. In fact, the whole cast of characters are well-developed and completely original. The plot is never predictable and took me from giggles to tears and bac
Jan
May 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A reaper comes for souls at death to lead them to transition. But how do they get to be a reaper? What can go wrong? It all goes sideways for the heroine after she has been a reaper for three years, but with a lot of help from some friends, things are set right. Storytelling at it's finest!
AE proves to be an excellent audio performer who gives voice and depth to each of the characters without resorting to a melodramatic tone.
Thanks to AudioBook Blast for introducing author and performer to me!
Tobi Forget the Housework, I'm Reading...
A Reaper Made is a different twist on Death and Reapers. I love Grace with her spunk and honesty. She stands up for what's right and doesn't back down. Her unique friends Tully and Tessa are faithful and care for Grace. Rhys, oh Rhys, I can't wait to see hopefully what will bring you around in the next story. Once again, Liz Long has created a new and different world that captures the imagination and delivers a unique and intriguing story. If you enjoy paranormal with some suspense this is a boo ...more
Kaitlan
Oct 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2014
After reading so many romance novels this book was a breath of fresh air. Not that I dislike romance novels. I love them. But after reading so many in a row, all the emotions and feels happening. You most certainly need a break. haha. I am a fan of scifi paranormal, and this book in no way dissapointed.....

Check out the full review at the link below.

Read/Review it!: NEW REVIEW OPPORTUNITY- A Reaper Made by Liz Long 1 16 May 04, 2015 03:56PM
Liz Long is a USA Today bestselling author of YA and urban fantasy, most recently The Brighton Duology. She is a magazine editor in Roanoke, VA, and when not writing, can be found drinking happy hour prosecco, attempting hand lettering, or cuddling her dog, Fisher. She is the Director of the Roanoke Regional Writers Conference and the annual Roanoke Author Invasion, as well as a public speaker, co ...more