Start by marking “Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark, #6)” as Want to Read:
Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark, #6)

Dark Desires After Dusk

(Immortals After Dark #5)

4.33  ·  Rating details ·  45,803 ratings  ·  1,420 reviews
Librarian's note: Alternate cover edition of ASIN B000YJ85M2.

A seductive beauty he can never have. Yet can't resist...
Cadeon Woede will stop at nothing to atone for the one wrong that will haunt him forever. But once he secures the key to his redemption, the halfling Holly Ashwin, Cade finds that the woman he thought we could use for his own ends and then forget haunts him
Kindle Edition, Reprint Edition, 388 pages
Published June 9th 2015 by Pocket Books (first published May 20th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Dark Desires After Dusk, please sign up.
Katherine No, he doesn't make an appearance in this one.…moreNo, he doesn't make an appearance in this one.(less)

·  45,803 ratings  ·  1,420 reviews

Start your review of Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark, #6)
Candace
As much as I'm loving this series, I have to admit that I didn't love this book as much as the others. I liked it, but it was one of those middle of the road, "okay" types of reads for me. The heroine, Holly, in particular, didn't speak to me. The fact that I've been reading the books back to back might be a factor also. Since the storylines are very similar, it could just be that it's getting a little redundant. In any case, I just didn't connect with this story like I have the others.

This book
Sophia Triad
Cadeon Woede (Demon) & Holly Ashwin (Human/Valkyrie)

What I have learned from this book about demons:

1. Demons love to corrupt young virgins.
2. Demons always lie to get what they want, i.e. “Never trust a demon, love….”
3. Demons don’t kiss and tell, i.e. “What happens with the demon, stays with the demon.”
4. Demons have “lickable horns”; according to Valkyrie Nïx.

The story of
-the naïve halfling Holly Ashwin who thought that she was a human until she wasn’t a human anymore and
-the cocky demon Ca
P
Jun 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
“Gods, I love it when you talk mathy to me.”

Cadeon Woede was very hot in the last book, but frankly, he's kinda bleak for me when it comes to this book. Dark Desires After Dusk promised the butterflies in my stomach when I started reading the very first chapter, Cadeon's appearance stole my breath away and Holly was the heroine that I liked very much, she's so typical and easygoing, especially I loved her mind when the problems plow her.

“One last question.”
“Very well, dearling.”
“Can I tr
Exina
He stripped off her top, then his shirt.
“Are you coming on to me to get back at him?”
“Probably.” Down went his zipper.
“I’m okay with that.”

Dark Desires After Dusk is another amazing installment of the Immortals After Dark series: it is full of humor, love, sensuality, and thrilling adventures.

Cadeon is an irresistible character. He is cocky and playful. He is an unscrupulous mercenary, but at the same time he is infinitely devoted and thoughtful. The way he handles Holly’s disease i
Auntee
Jun 02, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Paranormal fans; BDB fans
Recommended to Auntee by: Everyone!
Kristen
4 1/2 stars

Dark Desires After Dusk is another fantastic book in the Immortals After Dark series.

I loved almost everything about this book. Cade and Holly, the hero and heroine, were simply magical together, and, frankly, a hoot. Holly–with her over-the-top OCD behavior and her nerdish outlook–and Cade–a true but lovable cad–were the perfect pair and I couldn't seem to get enough of their offbeat and very provocative relationship.

I'm sure you're wondering why I gave this book a somewhat lower
~IreneOust~
Aug 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I FINALLY figured out WHY I enjoy PNR/fantasy genre as much as I do: because when it comes to this genre, pretty much ANYTHING goes and you never once (or at least I never did) question HOW or WHY. Now, add to this already great fact Kresley Cole's ability to tell a story she weaves so masterfully about a couple that is, once again, very unique and just overall fabulous, sprinkle the sexual tension that only Kresley can do and you got yourself a winner with every single installment [in this seri ...more
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
Mild Spoilers

3.5 Stars This one was not as good for me as the others I have read in this series.

photo meh_zpsba611dcc.gif

I had a very hard time connecting to Holly or Cade. Holly got on my nerves with her I don't cuss I don't have sexual feelings of any kind I have a boyfriend of two year but I don't even kiss him on the mouth oh and I don't eat or drink anything the isn't prepackaged and I if i touch the rim of my drinks it ruined. I don't see her appeal. Even if I could get past that Cade lied the whole story an
Sammy Loves Books
Hot Damn, I loved it!! Cade was Yummy as Sin

He gets 4.5 Sexy, Cocky Stars!!!

Cade

cade

Cade has been blessed with impossibly green eyes and thick locks of blonde hair. He's hot, and yummy, and women are falling over themselves to get in his bed. But his life has been far from blessed. Cade has been living with the guilt of losing his brother's crown over nine hundred years ago. That guilt has led him to a dark place where he is willing to do Anything to get his brother's crown back.

green eyes

Demons are constant
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads.

After three superb installments, this series hit a bit of a snag with book 4, but I wasn’t going to hold that against Kresley Cole or Robert Petkoff, and I’m glad I didn’t because DARK DESIRES AFTER DUSK was glorious! One of the things that I love most about IMMORTALS AFTER DARK is that you meet some of the protagonists beforehand because on top of giving you something to look forward to, it also helps to get readers invested in each character’s eventual outcome.

Holly wa
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
4 IAD Stars

I won't review the book because I am too bored right now. I will just say something because it's been nagging me since I started re-reading this book. Why the hell is Rydstrom thought to be the "good brother".

I can honestly remember that I liked Ry by the end of his book but in this one? He is a total tool. His brother was in part to blame for losing his throne. I get it, Cade didn't want to be the king's replacement and prefers to stay with his foster family that needs him(which by t
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More)
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. As a matter of fact, it went by too fast. I had been captivated with Cade since Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night, and I was holding my breath for his book. But the wait was richly rewarded. Holly is a perfect heroine for him. She brings out the protective side in Cade, but also the playful side. And if anyone needs to live a little, it's Holly. I loved the whole plotline and found it wildly romantic. This book was also a good action book with scenes that show that ...more
Kat Kennedy
Meh. It was okay.

Since I don't have anything else to say, here's some mancandy:

kidding!
Bwhahahaha! Kidding!

Okay, because I feel bad about tricking you like that, I'll give you...

A vampire viking taking a hot bath.

Eric
Forgiven?

Angela
June 2019 Re-read: Cade still enrages me in this book - but at the same time, I'm unsure what he could have done differently. In the end, I'm content and satisfied with their HEA. Also, now I'm shooting to be caught up in time for Book 19....though it does appear that the KC's release speed of this series is going to allow that to happen.

You can't say I'm not persistent. Even if it does take me forever to get anywhere. Sarah and I started this buddy read back in 2014, in anticipation of the rele
Annie
Oct 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: paranormal romance fans, fans of virgin heroines
Anzu The Great Destroyer
Oct 14, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of the genre, series and author
Recommended to Anzu by: Aly is so frigging bored
*edited 06 Nov 2011*

Another IAD book done… and still wanting more. Yes, I loved this one as well. Very much indeed *evil grin*. Now there can’t be a review of mine without me picking on the cover. WTF may I ask? I don’t see Cade looking like that AT ALL and another thing, where are his horns? Yes he may have cut them or something but still. I want Cade on the cover having horns. Is it too much to ask? A friend of mine, Aly, sent me a pic of how she sees him and I think it’s just perfect. Here he
Azet
Its been over a year since i picked up a book by Kresley Cole,and i could hit myself over that!"Dark Desires After Dusk" is the action-packed,entertaining and tantalizing paranormal romance in the "Immortals After Dark"-series that has left me mindblown with the cinematic experience of it!So thrilling and sexy at the same time,Kresley Cole has another winner in this one!!!

In the earlier books we got to know the demon prince Cadeon Woede who was suffering guilt over losing his brothers kingdom to
Greta is Erikasbuddy
Ok kids... you might want to cover your ears because I just must SING!!

Oh baby baby -- How was I suppose to know
That I could love a demon
Oh baby baby --- I should have probably known
That his horns would be a turn on
Oh pretty baby
My husband now loves this book
And he doesn't even know it

LOLZ!! o-m-g!! I adored this book!! I seriously didn't think that anything could be hotter than a Highlander werewolf but squee diddily dee!! She then brings on the bad boy English Demon that wears leather. AHHHHH
Seffra
Oct 19, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Stars

Ok, Seffra of the past was a biiiitchhhh LOL

I really enjoyed this story a second time around. I felt the same about the Tim sitch, he was an asshole who deserved to suffer but she still cheated at the end of the day.

BUUUUT, I loved Holly so much in this book. She was such a wonderfully written character. Her character growth was a true hero's journey and I loved her. I also really enjoyed Cade's story of self worth and recognizing faults of his own but also the faults of others.

He was al
Fani *loves angst*

I really really liked this and once more, I couldn't put it down. Cadeon was a great hero who had me laughing with his lines for the first half and really feeling his pain for the second. He had a really hard choice to make and I did like the way he handled it. He never strayed from the character we've come to know from the previous books, but managed to charm me and make me care for him.

Holly however, was another matter. She was the first heroine I was totally indiferrent about. I did
Kathleen
Heat Level 3.5 stars
Action Level 5 stars
Overall Rating 5 stars
Favorite Character, Cadeon

I've never read this many book's in a series back to back where they have not started sounding the same. Well that is definitely not the case with this series. I can also say that I really don't have a favorite book at this point, they have all been fantastic reads.

I have to say once more that the imagination that KC used in
Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》
Rereading because Cade is bae AF

I was going to skip Rydstrom's book but now I'm so curious! What did she do to him?!? What's wrong with him? I was going to jump onto Regin's book but I guess I'm reading them in order now.
Jonetta
Feb 22, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cadeon Woede finally has to make a move on Holly Ashwin, the woman he's been stalking and obsessed with, now that she was attacked and is in extreme danger. Problem is, she's the key to him atoning for Rydstrom's loss of his throne and Cadeon is torn between his desire for his mate and familial loyalty.

This was an exciting and fun ride with lots of action and intrigue. Holly's obsessive compulsions was the first clue she might be a halfling and Cade's sensitivity to them helped redeem his boori
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Quick review:

Cover: Hot
Rating: NC-17
Steaminess: Smokin’
Thumbs Up: 4.5
Overall: Entertaining and sexy as hell. What more could you want?
Characters: Well Written
Plot: Too goals intersect, which one will rule out the other
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Yes
Recommend: Yes
Book Boyfriend: Cadeon

SUMMARY (50 words or less)
I mean well worth the price of admission. I was thoroughly entertained. Cadeon really made this book. I liked him in a previous book, so it was a real treat to get all of him here
ᴥ Irena ᴥ
2.5

There is some info-dumping in this book, but for someone who read the previous ones ages ago, it was a good reminder of the Lore and its creatures. This one deals with demon kind and their troubles with evil sorcerers. However, it is all behind the scenes or as part of some story from the past. Almost the whole book is all Cadeon and Holly travelling and trying to stay alive interrupted with sexy times.

There are so many people who disliked Cadeon. I went in the opposite direction. At least h
Ezinwanyi Chinyere
My second favorite IAD book.

Cadeon Woede is on a quest to help recover a mystical sword which was crafted to kill a specific immortal, who stole Cadeon's brother Rydstroms kingdom.
Everyone blames Cadeon's for the loss and he has spent the last 900 years trying to atone.
Imagine Cadeon's dilemma when he learns the price for the sword is his fated female Holly Ashwin. To get his Rydstrom's kingdom back, he would have to trade his female for the sword. What's a demon to do?

This was one of t
Eastofoz
Jun 01, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A+, hilarious, smokin’ hot! Cade is one hot honey with his sexier than sexy South African accent and Holly just shines alongside him! He's rough around the edges but god does he ever know how to make her happy :D The sexual tension is there from the get go building right up to an explosion, lots of snippy dialog and banter between the characters. I loved his “pet names” for her: pet, poppet—you could just hear him saying it to bug her and did it ever get on her nerves! And the sex whooooa!!! Sen ...more
Debra Johnson
Dark Desires After Dusk by Kresley Cole
Genres: Adult, Paranormal, Romance, Suspense
4.75 Stars

Funny from the start.
Skillfully written.
Wonderful twist & turns that keep you engaged in the interactions of Cadeon and Holly.

I'm not going to give any spoilers, so I will give a check list instead.

1. Hot, steamy, sex? Yep!
2. Strong Female with quirks that make you laugh? Yep!!
3. Hot & delicious Male that can make you melt? Yep!!!
4. So well written you don't want to stop reading? Yep!!!!

I would give t
Wendy
Mar 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr, favorites
A wonderful romantic tale, with witty dialogue, great heroines and of course fantastic alpha males.

"Tarts?" Her jaw slackened. "My God, you're the most misogynistic man I've ever met. I bet you also like your tarts, barefoot and pregnant."

"Nah, I like them barefoot, on birth control, and always available in my bed."

Cadeon
Photobucket

This book definitely had me smiling all the way through, it's a real treat! Enjoy!

• Rogue Rider  (Lords of Deliverance #4; Demonica #9)
  • Visions of Heat (Psy-Changeling, #2)
  • The Darkest Whisper (Lords of the Underworld, #4)
  • Passion Unleashed (Demonica #3)
  • Desire Unchained (Demonica #2)
  • Caressed by Ice (Psy-Changeling #3)
  • Tycoon (The Knickerbocker Club, #0.5)
  • The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld, #1)
  • The Darkest Lie (Lords of the Underworld, #6)
  • A Heart of Blood and Ashes (A Gathering of Dragons, #1)
  • Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #3)
  • Branded by Fire (Psy-Changeling, #6)
  • Immortal Rider  (Lords of Deliverance, #2; Demonica, #7)
  • Lethal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #3; Demonica, #8)
  • The Darkest Kiss (Lords of the Underworld, #2)
  • The Darkest Seduction (Lords of the Underworld, #9)
  • A Touch of Stone and Snow (A Gathering of Dragons, #2)
  • Sin Undone (Demonica #5)
See top shelves…
Kresley Cole is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the electrifying Immortals After Dark paranormal series, the young adult Arcana Chronicles series, the erotic Gamemakers series, and five award-winning historical romances.

A master’s grad and former athlete, she has traveled over much of the world and draws from those experiences to create her memorable characters and settings.
Her IAD bo

Immortals After Dark (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #1)
  • No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark, #2)
  • Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark, #3)
  • Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark, #4)
  • Kiss of a Demon King (Immortals After Dark, #6)
  • Untouchable (Immortals After Dark, #7)
  • Pleasure of a Dark Prince (Immortals After Dark, #8)
  • Demon from the Dark (Immortals After Dark, #9)
  • Dreams of a Dark Warrior (Immortals After Dark, #10)
  • Lothaire (Immortals After Dark, #11)